(Topic ID: 4090)

The eBay/Craigslist absurd expectations challenge

By jayhawkai

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I challenge anyone to top this one in terms of multiple of true value:

ebay.com link: JAMES BOND PINBALL MACHINE GLASS 1980

Is it worth $50? $100? You can buy the whole game for <$1000.

#2 12 years ago

I think you get my vote,no need to have a challenge as you have come across a completely crazy asking price for that backglass,is it a joke type sale or does the seller think they have something that valuable?
    It just really makes you wonder if they are just fishing,when they start their prices outrageously high and see if somebody will bite.A legal way to absolutely scam somebody.I guess you can ask what you want and if a buyer is willing to pay it, then it is alright.

#3 12 years ago

Well this is a extra special James Bond back glass. If you flip the flipper in the right sequence of flips, James jumps out and saves the world from evil doers, makes you a Martini (shaken not stirred), gives you your choice of international spy women and jumps back into the back glass until the next bonus.

Why else would anyone pay $2,195.00 for it?

#4 12 years ago

Here's one in my area for $1,000. harrisonburg.craigslist.org link

Maybe you could buy it, and sell the backglass to CineMasterpieces for the same price. Then you'd have a free game just minus the expensive backglass...lol

There was another guy in Silver Spring, MD that was selling a FG for like $1400. He wanted you to give him $1800 though, and he would return the $400 upon you not damaging any walls....

It was a good chuckle, and looks like it's gone....sounded like a scam to me.

#5 12 years ago

I didn't think the price was unreasonable, until I realized I was reading the estimated shipping. I have to assume (hope) the price was a typo.

#6 12 years ago

I sent him an email telling him i have two bond backglasses i
    would sell them both to him for 500 bucks.Hehehe!

#7 12 years ago

Nice going Mike,Classic stuff,I wish I thought like that,I bet the guy will offer you $ 1,000 apiece!!

#8 12 years ago

Bally Wizard Pinball Machine - $3995

Typical 'round here,,,,,

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Nice going Mike,Classic stuff,I wish I thought like that,I bet the guy will offer you $ 1,000 apiece!!

I would love to hear back from them..Hehehe!!

#10 12 years ago

Pins and pinball parts prices have become ridiculous on Ebay for some time now, Craigslist seems to be following suit....

#11 12 years ago

How about this non-working KISS for $4K:

lincoln.craigslist.org link

#12 12 years ago

You can Thank Pawn Stars for all this BS

#13 12 years ago

Damn,,,, you,,,, Pawnnnnnnn Starrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!

#14 12 years ago

Well no matter what happens over the next 6 months dont just give your machines away
    do your research first before posting an ad and find out it's current value through multiply sources

#15 12 years ago

If you make it sound great it must be worth more.

#16 12 years ago

I just spent several hours looking at every machine on ebay and could not find anything that far out. There were several machines that I want on there but not a single machine that was priced less than the high end of each machines value. The prices are completely out of order.

#17 12 years ago

I showed off this Pin at least a couple of months ago but here ya go again. I can imagine that most of you are surprised it has not sold so if you are interested the Pin is not too far from me. Do be aware though, the PF is FILTHY and has WEAR and is FADING...and the cabinet, well, lets just not talk about it.

ebay.com link: Vintage pinball machine Astronaut 1969 Chicago Coin

IDIOT!!!

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I showed off this Pin at least a couple of months ago but here ya go again. I can imagine that most of you are surprised it has not sold so if you are interested the Pin is not too far from me. Do be aware though, the PF is FILTHY and has WEAR and is FADING...and the cabinet, well, lets just not talk about it.

It's also listed as being "new." Hmm, I wonder if he'd give me $2000 for my 1968 Pit Stop? It has an "art deco" look too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ebaycraigslist-absurd-expectations-challenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.