20231112_100330 (resized).jpg
20231112_100311 (resized).jpg
IMG_6863 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6860 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6862 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6854 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I’m not really a drummer, just a guitarist - but I play in a band with a great one. Great, bombastic drummers have always been my preference. I didn’t want to believe Rush was over when Neil retired in 2015. Now I guess I have to believe it. Something wrong with the universe today.

Let’s see some more kits and demos! And get some of these young kids into rock music again!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

For anyone old enough that they originally enjoyed the early ZZ Top albums on their quadraphonic stereo setups, you probably were appalled at the horrific editing of the drum tracks in subsequent CD releases. You might enjoy this web page. I have replaced all of my ZZ Top songs with his versions. This is nice work, sort of like Star Wars Despecialized.
http://deege.free.fr/zztop/

That is amazing!! The Beard lives!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I like jazz-rock music. Steve Gadd is my favorite drummer.
I also like John Guerin and Harvey Mason and several others. Dave Weckl is pretty good, too.

Dave Weckl is “PRETTY GOOD”?!?! Even I know his limb independence is unmatched. And I even had to look up what “limb independence”means!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yes, Dave Weckl is really good. I just hold it against him that he had the much older Steve Gadd as a guest musician on one of his CDs and "so you could tell their drumming apart" had Gadd play using brushes while Weckl used sticks. Great drummer but a dick move. Of course, Gadd can make anything sound good, like when he played "boxes" on a cut of the first Rickie Lee Jones CD.

LOL did not know about that. Apparently he’s not heard the Roach vs Rich album where you ABSOLUTELY can tell the difference

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-drummers-thread?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.