Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by PinFever
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

movie-reservoir-dogs.gif
    2643455C-C15C-4ED4-84D1-AC56347927E6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5245 (resized).jpeg
    0BA91147-0CCA-4051-BDBA-1464671FC221.gif
    35BD9900-9A21-422D-AFA3-284AB0695E31.gif
    manz_pin (resized).jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 59 days ago

Wonder if these themes will ever happen.

How does Iron Maiden and Rush get made and not these???

#2 59 days ago

Huge Doors fan here and I started a topic awhile ago on why no Doors pin. I like your taste!

#4 59 days ago

Two moldy themes that probably shouldn't get made considering how hold they are, but Floyd in a big, big way.

#5 59 days ago

I am voting for The Doors. But it won't ever get made, too niche. Pink Floyd has a higher chance, just read the dozen other posts on pinside discussing it.

manz_pin (resized).jpgmanz_pin (resized).jpg
    #6 59 days ago

Yeah I enjoyed the Doors in high school, but then was sort of over it but Pink Floyd I will listen to until dead.

#7 59 days ago

PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYDPINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD
    PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYDPINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYDPINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYDPINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD
    PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYDPINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD, PINK FLOYD OH AND BY THE WAY PINK FLOYD

#8 59 days ago

Janis was the most unique of the 3 with Jimmy a close 2nd.

#9 59 days ago

Hmmmm tough one for me. Don’t really have much to say.

#10 59 days ago
    35BD9900-9A21-422D-AFA3-284AB0695E31.gif35BD9900-9A21-422D-AFA3-284AB0695E31.gif
    #11 59 days ago

You guys are nuts. Doors are fookin amazing and one of the most unique American bands. Not like I listen to them every day but to dismiss as high schooler music is laughable. Ray Manzarek on the vox organ: holy shit.

#12 59 days ago

I'm still waiting for a Jimi pin, but I'd take The Doors while I wait.

#13 59 days ago

Floyd. Tear down that wall would be a good theme. I was at the Wall NYC show back in the day.

#14 59 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Two moldy themes that probably shouldn't get made considering how hold they are, but Floyd in a big, big way.

"Moldy" is all we have left. What do you want, a Twenty One Pilots pin? Moldy or not, Pink Floyd would be awesome. Just imagine a mode based on "On the Run" off Dark Side. I need some lasers, and a strobe light pulsing along with the sound. Why in the hell hasn't there been a strobe light in in pin? That would certainly give you a fun perception challenge while playing.

These old bands are definitely old, but the music is locked in time and will be forever.

#15 59 days ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

You guys are nuts. Doors are fookin amazing and one of the most unique American bands. Not like I listen to them every day but to dismiss as high schooler music is laughable. Ray Manzarek on the vox organ: holy shit.

Yeah, but their music doesn’t really lend itself to playing pinball. On the other hand, I can imagine listening to a lot of Pink Floyd’s music while flipping.

#16 59 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Floyd. Tear down that wall would be a good theme. I was at the Wall NYC show back in the day.

The nassau Long Island shows?!

#17 59 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Why in the hell hasn't there been a strobe light in in pin? That would certainly give you a fun perception challenge while playing.

There was. AFM.

#18 59 days ago

The Doors never put me to sleep. If they made a Doors machine, I would love it madly.

#19 59 days ago

I would buy a doors stat

#20 59 days ago

I’d love to see The Doors as a brutal solid state and Pink Floyd as a loaded superpin.

#21 59 days ago

Love to see a Pink Floyd. I would definitely get “The Wall” LE

#22 59 days ago

My 20 year old son knows more about Pf than I do and I grew up watching midnight showings of The Wall and Laser Light show concerts. Their music transcends the generations for sure but would have to be an integrated show for me to get into.

Could be done well but does it cross over to millenials/gen z for pinball?

#23 59 days ago
    Quoted from JWilberdog:

My 20 year old son knows more about Pf than I do and I grew up watching midnight showings of The Wall and Laser Light show concerts. Their music transcends the generations for sure but would have to be an integrated show for me to get into.
    Could be done well but does it cross over to millenials/gen z for pinball?

I think it’s risky.

I know not everybody loves Zep but 10-15 years ago it would have sold very well on theme alone.

These bands are really starting to outlive their fans.

And don’t give me no shit you guys know I love Floyd. I just dropped $2300 for 4 Gilmour shows at MSG this fall.

Pinball has nothing on concert ticket tiers.

#24 59 days ago

Doors, but if Jim doesn’t show it, we know it was made by Stern.

#25 59 days ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

Doors, but if Jim doesn’t show it, we know it was made by Stern.

The modders will take care of it

#26 59 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The modders will take care of it

The community will want options for this.

#27 59 days ago

The sad truth is that a Pink Floyd pin will never happen when Roger Waters is still alive. But it can be fun to dream….

#28 59 days ago

Pink Floyd by miles....

#29 59 days ago

I like this thread!

#30 59 days ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

The sad truth is that a Pink Floyd pin will never happen when Roger Waters is still alive. But it can be fun to dream….

This. And they said Syd was mad.

#31 59 days ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I actually had a poster of Jim Morrison that said ‘American Poet’ that I put up in my college dorm room… and it came down by the end of the year. Not because they suck, because they don’t suck, but there is just so much better music. And his lyrics for me are nothing that deserves the title of American Poet.

I won’t deny they were influential, I won’t deny Ray’s keyboards (though for me they drone on a bit), and I won’t deny the perception of Jim’s public persona… but man is he the most overrated lyricist I can think of.

That’s just my opinion/tastes… as it turns out I found a bunch of other bands that were so much better that The Doors just weren’t on my radar anymore, and Pink Floyd was one of them.

#32 58 days ago

Pink Floyd: The Division Bell
    can happen
    Has nothing to do with Waters.

I’d buy an LE sight unseen.

Quoted from Eightball88:

0BA91147-0CCA-4051-BDBA-1464671FC221.gif0BA91147-0CCA-4051-BDBA-1464671FC221.gif
    #33 58 days ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Pink Floyd: The Division Bell
    can happen
    Has nothing to do with Waters.
    I’d buy an LE sight unseen.
    [quoted image]

IMG_5245 (resized).jpegIMG_5245 (resized).jpeg
    #34 58 days ago

I'm glad I'm not old.

#35 58 days ago

Floyd

#36 58 days ago

I’ve got a spot for it. Right next to my Jaws.

2643455C-C15C-4ED4-84D1-AC56347927E6 (resized).jpeg2643455C-C15C-4ED4-84D1-AC56347927E6 (resized).jpeg
    #37 58 days ago

Floyd if they don't screw it up (Wick)
    -Mike

#38 58 days ago

It’s kinda shocking Floyd hasn’t been made. Such possibilities w Dark side.

#39 58 days ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

I’ve got a spot for it. Right next to my Jaws.
    [quoted image]

I would rather have no Floyd at all than Division Bell, sorry. That's like JJP making a Toy Story pin, but only for the fourth one or if Jaws was Jaws 3D only.

I have been clamoring for a Floyd pin for 15 years, but now that I understand what a fruitcake Roger is I understand why it has never happened and many lesser bands have gotten pins. I saw him in concert in 2007, 2015 and 2022. 2007 and 2015 were great and 2022 was just plain awful. I'll never see him in concert again.

But please, no Division Bell!

#40 58 days ago

As for Roger, man what a fall from grace in my eyes. Used to have so much respect for him, but I think he has tarnished the Floyd legacy a bit with his constant political bullshit. Genius songwriter back in the day but he has turned into a complete asshole.

#41 58 days ago

Should know better than to meddle too much in these kind of threads. But you know me. One of these days I might get it right.

#42 58 days ago

One of These Days is a song perfect for Pinball.

#43 58 days ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

One of These Days is a song perfect for Pinball.

As would be Sheep.

But if it's all wall like the time I saw them in LA in 1980, I quit.

#44 58 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As would be Sheep.
    But if it's all wall like the time I saw them in LA in 1980, I quit.

The whole Animals album would kick ass on a pin. That the album that got me a visit from my friendly neighborhood po-po.... the first time.

Another tune made for pinball would be Time. If not for the whole song, at least for callouts on timed modes.

#45 58 days ago

The fact of the matter is, the pins being made are predominantly for people
    Between the ages of 35-60. And that fits both these themes.
    These children saying they are glad “they aren’t old”
    Don’t represent the majority of people
    Buying pins.

#46 58 days ago
    Quoted from krispyk577:

The fact of the matter is, the pins being made are predominantly for people
    Between the ages of 35-60.

Count me out then.

#48 57 days ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:As for Roger, man what a fall from grace in my eyes. Used to have so much respect for him, but I think he has tarnished the Floyd legacy a bit with his constant political bullshit.

Really? I think he makes more sense than say Neil Young.

And if you put it to music, you basically have Pink Floyd before he left.

#49 57 days ago

For a single pin the doors would be great. PF has so much depth and volume of great work. Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish you were Here and The Wall could all be pins on their own. It would be too scattered to try and cram that all in to a single pin. imo. I would pick Bowie over the Doors though.

#50 57 days ago

I'd like both themes. I'd love to see a Dark Side of Oz. If you haven't watched it, its amazing.

I'd also love to throw out the idea of a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers machine. Or a Woodstock theme (might be tricky with licensing).

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.