Topic Stats

• 1,116 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Milltown
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 347 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6FBA8E8-B1B6-40EB-8550-804B5665E257 (resized).jpeg
F03381B8-11D6-442A-9FC0-90A0B6E025D7 (resized).jpeg
E2E04BB8-5A50-444F-82A7-F0858CAE9DEB (resized).jpeg
719E9E78-CE81-447C-AF44-F9EB6CD0083A (resized).jpeg
7F43B691-482C-4A5C-AE97-7EC56606276E (resized).png
DF535803-FFBB-4C01-86C6-A2EFACF210B7 (resized).jpeg
0B342868-4D78-411B-A1CF-D82C5858D751 (resized).jpeg
6126F2AB-BACA-4A86-87D4-EB65002460BB (resized).jpeg
24555076-EE8E-4C34-BAE5-B9F01F915814 (resized).jpeg
580F9FD9-9C4A-4B38-A6C4-822973A8229A (resized).jpeg
1B1E77B3-BEC9-4251-9F80-23733E839EC5 (resized).jpeg
54720737-6712-4F95-AE65-EC92A3D40DCD (resized).jpeg
140C6927-D426-4FCC-A771-ECC29F52ED78 (resized).jpeg
D1AFAE3B-B4A4-4949-9145-F80EAABE3894 (resized).jpeg
EE97ECAF-71A5-4991-8D35-1F9A531BB184 (resized).jpeg
9A2D89D4-2D31-4441-9432-7C4FAEF49F1F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If the top is mushroomed you'll have to take it out thru the top of pf...most likely.

My magnet came mushroomed also. Problem is the first ball I played got stuck behind it so I decided to remove it. Removing it from the top is the only way it will come out without damaging that thin area of the playfield and requires removing just about everthing to get to it. It is wise to take pics along the way as it is almost a total tear down.

Removing the back panel is necessary as well, so that should be one of the first things you do.

3 months later
#238 4 years ago

Midnight Madness on DH is pretty cool. I've been a member of the club for a while but just got it back together and playable a couple of weeks ago. It really is a lot more fun than I remember the few times I played it on route. Great layout, great callouts, great music, great game.

DSCN3300.JPG

1 year later
#357 3 years ago

The music is better than what they are putting in machines now.

#358 3 years ago

If anybody wants a proto, here's one. I'd be tempted if my production model wasn't so nice.

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#369 3 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I have a true huo that looks literally nib I was considering selling for $3k and taking a loss.

If it is a true proto HUO that looks NIB it is the holy grail of Dirty Harrys. Many of the protos are beat and there aren't that many to begin with. It's all about the drop target.

#371 3 years ago

I wasn't a fan of this game when I played it on location in the 90s, but what a difference twenty years can make! When you grew up watching all of Clint's movies and have been quoting Harry for years, having this in my collection is a no brainer. This may not be a theme for everyone, but it hits home with me.

Maybe I have it set up better than the one I played back then, but it is fast and fun and there is so much to do that it never gets boring. We all like it!

2 weeks later
#385 3 years ago

Not my cup of tea, but I think I get the connection.

download_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

a man's got to know his limitations.

th_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#433 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I can't remove the core it's mushroomed on the top. The core has to go up through the playfield not down.

Been there, done that. Prepare to remove almost everything on top of the playfield to get it out including the back panel because it must come off to remove the ramps. Take lots of pictures. Once you have torn it all down, remove the big nut while holding the core from turning with a screwdriver and then screw it on thru. If it's stubborn, heat the holder with a torch. That will loosen any loctite that might be on it. Might as well shop the game out while you are there. I put a little bevel around the edge on the new magnet core so the next time it won't be such a job.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Thanks for the info! So I can remove the nut and magnet with the playfield in the game? When you say heat the 'holder', whats the holder - the nut or magnetic core? So when holding the magnet with a screwdriver, turning the nut and heating it up - would this be easier with two people, or would that be hard to do because of lack of space?

No need to remove the playfield. Stripping it down is enough. Heating the part the magnet core screws into if loctite was used, but I didn't find it nessecary on mine. One person should be enough. You want to have a screwdriver in there so when you turn the locknut counterclockwise the core doesn't turn too and the mushroomed part dig into the playfield.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'd recommend cutting out a piece of mylar that goes around the magnet hole, as you won't be able to do it once you have re populated the pf.

I did that too. With a circular cutout for the magnet core.

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Good deal - Thank You!

You're welcome! When I first got mine, I went to play a game and the ball got stuck there. So I started tearing it apart right there not realizing how much had to come off to get to it. By the time I got to it, the whole thing was almost apart.

#442 3 years ago

I'd take the back panel off first if I had to do it again...

5 months later
#556 2 years ago

After a little vacation I find myself in the club once again. " I know a great place for some hot dogs".

IMG_0052 (resized).JPG

#557 2 years ago

Sample game to boot.

DT (resized).jpg

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

'Do I feel lucky?'

I actually do. This one is even in a little better shape than the one I sold to Billy16. Can't say it looks like many if any coins went thru the coin slots ever.

Just like my first one though, the magnet is mushroomed. I look forward to doing that routine again. Luckily I bought two magnet cores when I did the first one.

#561 2 years ago

You know what it means when you buy back the most recent titles you sold? Well, I couldn't tell you. But Harry and Ripley's have come home. What I think it means is this time they might stick around a little longer.

#563 2 years ago

Mushroomed magnet core removal made easy. First time I did this I floundered. This time I removed the back panel first, then both buildings, both ramps, and the right corner plastics and opto. Half hour later I'm there. I'm going to give it a good cleaning and waxing while I'm in there.

DSCN5014 (resized).JPG

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'd better check downstairs and see if this has moved...

I did a solid job on yours. It's just I didn't take the back panel off until just about every other part on top of the playfield had been removed. But that was OK because I gave it the whole treatment. Still playing well I presume?

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If it wasn't for the drop target on your new one I'd suspect you repossessed it!

Curiosity got the better of me as I've read a lot about those drop target games. I figured the one you got from me was about as nice as they come, but when I had a chance to get a sample in similar condition I couldn't resist.

After I got it back together last night I even topped that high score I left on yours. Love me some Dirty Harry!

2 months later
#576 2 years ago

Strange thing happened last night. I started regular multiball and ended up with four balls in play. Haven't seen that before and not sure the sequence of shots that made it spit that fourth ball out but it kept track and ended multiball when one ball was left. Game works fine. Hmmm..

Also it's been a while since I've seen Magnum multiball. Does anybody know what starts that?

#578 2 years ago

I might have been a little mixed up on that. Alcatraz multiball when you get thru all the hurry ups is the one I haven't seen lately.

#580 2 years ago

Yeah, the rule sheet says you have to get through all the hurry ups. I usually make it thru super loops.

#582 2 years ago

Crime Wave arrests not easy. Last time thru I was one flashing target away from one arrest. I think I got three arrests once.

1 month later
#620 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's only a drunken rumor that odin got the 6-ball MB once i think.

It was 4 balls and I wasn't that drunk. It was weird because it played out normally ending MB when one ball was left.

I believe the manual says it is a six ball game, but we all know it's not.

2 weeks later
#636 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Watching Magnum Force for the second time this week. Damn are those traffic cops cool.

Starsky and Hutch they aint.

MF (resized).jpg

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Glad, Williams made DH into a pinball machine so I don't have to read threads about best imaginative game theme bullshit.

"I know a great place for some hot dogs"

download (2) (resized).jpg

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Choked on 1 billion yesterday, was 9 million short. Got nervous.

I've had two and a half billion twice. But it's not easy to replicate that score for sure. I keep trying...

1 month later
#661 2 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

If you never played a proto DH, that is the place to check it out.

Or you could just stop by my house and try my super "dialed in" sample game. Your choice...

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hard to believe this game isn't better thought of.

Oh it is. But you have to remember what kind of crowd we are dealing with here.

1 year later
#887 1 year ago

Always look under the right ramp to see how bad the magnet has mushroomed. Of course it doesn't really matter as you will probably have to tear the whole playfield down and replace it anyway. Gets much faster the second time around.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I looked at the magnet. Flat and no mushrooming.

Well that's beautiful! If you can get it out thru the bottom without damaging the playfield and file a little bevel around the outer edge, it will save you a ton of work later on.

#892 1 year ago

So about $3600 US sounds about right in that condition. I don't care what others might say, nice DHs are no longer a sub $3k game.

3 months later
#941 9 months ago
awtlk (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#944 9 months ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Still wanting to join this club. Anybody have one for sale or even a lead? I’d even consider shipping to the west coast if the right deal came up. PM me. Thanks

Evan at OC Pinballs has two really nice Dirty Harrys for sale last time I was by there. Cash deal should be able to bring the advertised price down substantially I'd presume. And no shipping would be necessary. They aren't sample games, but at least one of them is HUO, collector quality condition. Maybe both are.

#946 9 months ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Thanks o-din. I inquired about the other one he had weeks ago asking for a few pictures seeing I’m over an hour and a half away from him....and he never responded. I’ve moved on.

That's too bad. He a good dude but gets busy and goes out of town sometimes. I will say they were a couple of very clean examples.

4 weeks later
#961 8 months ago

I just received an NOS translite I ordered from Marco as they have a few in stock. My sample game's had a couple nice scratches on the back and we can't have that!

I didn't know Marco had them and had called PPS on them about a year ago, but I wanted to know the condition, and the guy said he didn't know where they were and never called back about finding them.

As usual, Marco provided great customer service and was quick to respond to my questions about it. It's perfect, and now so will be my sample game. If you need one, I think they have some left.
DSCN6078 (resized).JPG

#962 8 months ago

One difference is the one that came out of the game is a high gloss finish, the NOS one is more a matte finish. Once in the game I can't tell the difference except no more scratches.

When I buy a TV I always go with a matte screen over a glossy one anyway for less glare.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Yorktown Heights, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside