E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RCA1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 9 years ago

Just joined the DH club yesterday.
Cleaning and fixing a few issues, but going to be a very good game.

Does anyone know which backbox sockets are supposed to have blinker bulbs?
My understanding is that there are supposed to be four of them. All the sockets in mine have plain 555s in them.

2 weeks later
#220 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

Can anyone tell me where to get the sky line back panel for this game?

Little Shop of Games has these also.

For LEDs, I color matched the playfield inserts. Left the playfield GI incandescent. Put warm whites in the backbox except for the blinkers (incandescent) and the ones behind the Dirty Harry lettering (red). I think it looks good, but that's all subjective.

Post edited by RCA1: Added more stuff.

2 months later
#247 9 years ago

I have what appears to be a recurring problem with the trap door. This is the vertical pop up door that allows the ball to pass from the shooter lane directly to the gun. It opens when you choose to plunge from the gun, and also in certain multiballs to get the ball directly to the gun.

Occasionally, there will be a ball jam in the lower gun area. This will cause the game to think that the trap door is stuck closed, when it really isn't. This is not a big deal, as the ball jam will clear as the gun loading kicker will cycle through and clear the jam.

The problem is that the trap door stuck closed error does not clear. The error will appear at startup and the game will play, but not allow the trap door to be activated. You cannot choose to plunge from the gun, and balls will not load to the gun from the trough in multiball.

The only way that I have found to clear the error is to do a factory reset. Not the biggest deal in the world, but wipes out all the settings and scores. Does not happen often, but annoying. A google search finds a couple of old RGP threads where factory reset is the only answer given. Anyone have a better answer?

1 month later
#261 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

ball launches so hard from shooter lane that the ball goes up over the two ramp flaps, goes airborne and hits the magnet opto bracket

Yeah, that's not normal. Sure you have the right coil on the launcher?

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Does your first ramp flap, for the piece that loads the gun, have a slight bend to it or is it flat?

Flat - straight. No incline until it hits the flap for the tapered steel ramp. The tapered section is steep on the lower section then bends to almost flat on the tapered area.

8 months later
#315 8 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

one of the custom standup targets?

Got a couple from Marco a while back, but they show out of stock now. Not sure who else might have them.
PPS has the decals if it's only the image that's bad.

Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have a good solution to the ball bouncing around when leaving the shooter lane?

Can you be a little more specific? Don't recall seeing something like this.

1 month later
#326 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

PS: Also does the backboard GI lights bink on and off during the game? I noticed on this game they're always on.

There are supposed to be 545 blinker bulbs behind the beacon lights on the bridge towers. They do not blink by CPU control.

2 months later
#384 8 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Dirty Harry Sample with new powder coat armor turned out pretty good I think.

It's certainly unique!

8 months later
#558 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sample game to boot.

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?'

2 months later
#590 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I am wanting to replace the target decals. Marco offers these two different sets of decals, and I can't figure out the difference. The set in the second link are sold out and sell for $7.99, while the ones in the first link are in stock and sell for $7.25. I just want to make sure the ones in stock will work for what I am needing.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19723-D
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2066-8
Any thoughts?

Odd. looks like maybe the out of stock set is cut to match the target shape and the in stock set is cut square. Not sure about that though. Maybe emil Marco and ask.

2 weeks later
#606 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

never go with the gun, always ramp shot, that's too valuable.

Yeah, but the gun is just too cool to select the ramp shot. Gotta shoot the gun, just because it's there.

2 weeks later
#623 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Got this mod on ebay

What are we looking for here?

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

lights inside the safehouse and warehouse

Got it. Missed that at first.
Looks good!

1 week later
#643 7 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Cliffy has these for DH

I have a set waiting to get installed, but the disassembly and reassembly required looks to be a PITA. Might be a while until I get motivated enough.

1 month later
#657 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

You don't like the price??

I think his surprise is at the LOW price, not the HIGH price.

1 year later
#902 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:For me lcd always. Fattening up the dogs is a big deal to me and it looks great.
Well everyone sold mine yesterday. Loved the game but it was time to go. Enjoy everyone!

Suicide Jumper: Aren't you gonna try to grab me?

Harry Callahan: A friend of mine was up about 20 floors with a jumper a few years ago. The jumper grabbed him, they went off, 20 floors down. Just mashed 'em all to bits. You couldn't tell which legs were which, you couldn't tell which arms were which, it was a terrible mess. And I'll tell ya, I almost threw up myself. I'd just like your name and address, that's all.

5 months later
#965 5 years ago

I usually shoot the gun, just since it's cool. And my score isn't going to be great anyway.

1 month later
#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I do not have a manual yet. Can anyone tell me if this is connected to the GI, or do I have an additional problem?

Full manual is downloadable from IPDB as a PDF file.
Yea, that's likely your problem. The manual shows J115 as being part of the GI. Look at pages 3-10 and 3-29

11 months later
#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Ok. Well, the shorter, more curved ramp with the two optos.[quoted image]

Yikes! That sucks!

4 months later
#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Another one popped up. Dirty Harry NOS playfield. Looks to be one of the prototypes being it has the cut out for the wharehouse target that had been removed from production.
ebay.com link

So who bought it?
It did look cool.

Edit: duh. Read the posts above first.
Congrats Cary!

2 weeks later
#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey guys. Haven’t posted here in a bit. Something is bugging me about my DH lately though. You guys know what would cause mine to be missing some speech? Only line I can recall missing as of now, is the one when it used to call out to “aim for the flashing cross hairs” I don’t ever get that call out anymore. It’s no biggie, but I like my stuff to be working 100% or it bugs me. Haha. Any advice is appreciated.

Adjustment A.2.25 Instructional Speech - Turns those phrases on and off.

#1290 3 years ago

Cool. I was 99% that had to be it.
It's such an odd adjustment. Not sure any other games have anything similar.

1 month later
#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My ball is getting stuck between the left ramp and the safe house far too often. Am I missing something there?
[quoted image]

That's happened more than once?
It looks correct, but I have never seen a ball stuck there. Not sure wbat it's hanging up on.
Maybe post a pic of tbat area without the ball.
Is the rolled over edge of the ramp cracked or bent at all?

1 month later
#1319 3 years ago

One more possibility, but it looks like he's not doing Dirty Harry either, yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

3 months later
#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Cliffy has not done Dirty Harry protectors

Cliffy does have hole protectors, just not ramp protectors.
Near the bottom of the page:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Almost finished putting back together my Dirty Harry. Full teardown, clearcoated the playfield etc. Does anyone know what this writing means on the playfield under the apron - “001”? Do any others have any writing like this on their playfield? Thanks
[quoted image]

I don't know what it means, but it looks more like an 8 with an underline to me.

1 month later
#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

The Cliffy’s left side protector for the right ramp just arrived! I sent Cliff a mock-up and he added finishing touches. It fits perfectly! My ramp was missing just that protector, and I even managed to find two other ramps, but they didn’t have protectors either. If you have a ramp cracked/repaired in that location, or just want to get it protected before it does..here you go!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up!
Just ordered one. It's going to nicely cover up the huge chunk of my ramp that's smashed off.

1 month later
#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinStar:

Just joined the club last weekend and beyond excited... been looking for a DH for months and finally picked one up. So...
I’d really appreciate some advise on where to start with a DIY “shop” job. I’d like to thoroughly clean the playfield and replace any parts that receive a lot of wear & tear during gameplay.
Bear in mind that I’m a complete newb when it comes to pinball (DH is my first purchase), and parusing the owners manual made my head spin. I’m mechanically inclined, but most electrical work is over my head. Removing everything from the playfield has me a bit worried to say the least, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? Right?!
Sorry for the long-winded post, but just excited to get my DH in top form. Just need a point in the right direction to get me started.
Thanks all!

Maybe consider a partial shop job, where you only do the sections that you are comfortable with.
The rear section of the DH playfield has a lot going on.
I know I wouldn't want to tackle that as my first attempt.
If you do a full topside teardown, or even for a partial, take lots of notes and more pictures than you could possibly need.

5 months later
#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Installed a little Harry head on the ball diverter

Not gonna lie. The Harry head freaks me out a bit.

2 months later
#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from ScubaScott:

Yes, I've seen those. It just seems like everyone's ranting and raving about Comets. I'll take your guys advice and order them tomorrow. Thank you.

Comet and Cointaker quality is pretty similar, in my experience.
If Comet has what you want, they are generally less expensive.
Both are great to deal with.

2 months later
#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

Looking to buy a Dirty Harry. Any warning signs to keep an eye out for when purchasing a DH?
Anyone looking to sell a decent looking machine at a not too crazy price?

Check the magnet and surrounding area of the playfield for damage.
Make sure the gun is working.

And, probably not.
Hope you find one. It's a great game.

2 weeks later
#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

So seems the initial choice for gun, ramp shot, etc. I assume the selection should move when you press the left flipper or right no? Also on the option to pick ransom or gun shot...I didn't look into this yet but mine seems to occasionally let me select but often doesn't? Strange as Flippers work fine otherwise. Any idea?

Just to clarify, the game doesn't show the choices, or the flipper won't change which option you are selecting?

1 year later
#1743 8 months ago

The police car and helicopter are both mods.
The backboard decal is also a mod. Factory is plain black.
Nice looking game!

2 months later
#1760 5 months ago
Quoted from TateCenter:

Anyone know where to get a set of cliffys for DH? I have reached out to cliffy but did not get a response. Thanks

He may just be busy. Got mine from him a while back. FYI, they ain't easy to install. Lots of stuff has to come apart.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RCA1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club?tu=RCA1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.