E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 36.
#401 8 years ago

Is there a way to make "Do you feel lucky" awards follow the same progression every time?

#402 8 years ago

Sometimes I have to remind myself what a fantastic deal this game is at ~$2500 (what I have in mine). I considered selling mine to make room for a TWD, but I keep hearing Clint say "PUNK!" and I changed my mind.

1 week later
#403 8 years ago

Has anyone ever made decals for DH? My cab is not bad, but I would like to powder coat DH....I'm afraid if I do this.....the imperfections of the decals will stand out....

1 week later
#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Has anyone ever made decals for DH? My cab is not bad, but I would like to powder coat DH....I'm afraid if I do this.....the imperfections of the decals will stand out....

I haven't seen them anywhere yet. Not even backbox decals...

#405 8 years ago

Aside from the decal at the back of the playfield (which in my view is a must have) and maybe a few extra lights are there any good playfield mods out there for DH? (I can't remember any from this thread)

#406 8 years ago
#407 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Ive done all 3. DH is more labour intensive but not by much ... Those long overlapping ramps go over everything.

I also found DH surprisingly challenging. When I looked at it, I thought, "Piece of cake". The ramps, wire frames and diverter really increased the time to get it done.

I also did a DM and found that one a chore. I have a RS, as well. Fortunately, that one was bought shopped. Ted looks like he would be a pain to take apart.

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sometimes I have to remind myself what a fantastic deal this game is at ~$2500 (what I have in mine). I considered selling mine to make room for a TWD, but I keep hearing Clint say "PUNK!" and I changed my mind.

Totally agree. I've thought of selling every now and again to change up the line up, but I cann't think of a good replacement that would result in no cash out. It's a hell of a bang for the buck -- which is getting harder and harder to find as prices continue to increase on most games.

#409 8 years ago

I put my DH in The Sanctum for people to play. As 1 of about 40 pins it was not getting very much love. But then it was picked as one of the 5 games to be used in last month's selfie league. So if you wanted to join you had to play it. By the end of the month I had many people come up to me saying how much the liked the game and never gave it a chance.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I also found DH surprisingly challenging. When I looked at it, I thought, "Piece of cake". The ramps, wire frames and diverter really increased the time to get it done.
I also did a DM and found that one a chore. I have a RS, as well. Fortunately, that one was bought shopped. Ted looks like he would be a pain to take apart.

If you got the right tools and your hands are not the size of a bears, then Ted can be done without pulling the ramps...did him twice.

#411 8 years ago

How's the fit around the lower left VUK? It's a pretty tight area for the added thickness of a plastic protector there...

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

How's the fit around the lower left VUK? It's a pretty tight area for the added thickness of a plastic protector there...

It's installed on my pin...fits great.

My protectors are a bit thinner than the PETG once. Mine are 1/16 (.0625) the PETG are 2mm, (.080)

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I put my DH in The Sanctum for people to play. As 1 of about 40 pins it was not getting very much love. But then it was picked as one of the 5 games to be used in last month's selfie league. So if you wanted to join you had to play it. By the end of the month I had many people come up to me saying how much the liked the game and never gave it a chance.

People either love it or hate it. Its truly my go to game. Great rules and the shots are challenging. DH will probably never leave the collection....

1 week later
#414 8 years ago

Looking to join--looking for a nice one within driving distance of So Cal.

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Looking to join--looking for a nice one within driving distance of So Cal.

"I don't have time to break in any new partners........"

2 weeks later
#416 7 years ago

No worries, a man's got to know his limitations. Found a super nice one--what a sleeper of a game!

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

a man's got to know his limitations.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No worries, a man's got to know his limitations. Found a super nice one--what a sleeper of a game!

Welcome to the club!

#419 7 years ago

Had a really interesting Midnight Madness--actually had it twice. Midnight Madness kicked in just as the last ball drained. The flippers stayed on for a few seconds--so I thought I'd get it anyway. Nope, game shut down and all the balls drained, came back and drained for about 15 seconds while I watched my bad luck go by. I figured I'd try again in 24--bummer. Started another game, and got MM again! Not sure how long after midnight you'll get this mode, but at least the programmer let me have it again after that immediate midnight drain!

1 week later
#420 7 years ago

I'm not sure I'm clear on how to make arrests during Crime Wave. Can someone offer tips? Thanks.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not sure I'm clear on how to make arrests during Crime Wave. Can someone offer tips? Thanks.

You've gotta make all 5 of the badge shots to get one arrest, then do it again to get a second arrest, and so on. Good luck!

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You have to complete all the badge shots to get 1 stinking arrest. Now that is hard, and you have to make 3 arrests to get your name on the scoreboard. So hard.

#423 7 years ago

Yikes, I was afraid it was gonna be that...

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yikes, I was afraid it was gonna be that...

Yeah it's pretty rough. But don't worry, completing shoot out is even harder

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's pretty rough. But don't worry, completing shoot out is even harder

It is so cool to drain and get this bonus mode, until you realize you have to hit all the bullets. At least a couple are not in spots you'd normally aim for. I'll bet I've never hit at least one of those magnum targets, ever...

Still, a cool feature--I always look forward to getting it.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It is so cool to drain and get this bonus mode, until you realize you have to hit all the bullets.

It's funny on Pinside I have heard a few people say they've completed shoot out; the real life people I know that own it, and they are good players, have never done it.

#427 7 years ago

I turned on & played a couple games today. First game everything worked fine. Second game, diverter to the gun for choose didn't work. Did a switch test after & got check switch 44 gun chamber/77 gun lockup. Any ideas on this? Opto seems fine and gun rotates while booting & testing.

#430 7 years ago

So I’m finally contemplating replacing my magnet on DH. I have a couple of questions. So to loosen the nut in the picture I’m turning counter clockwise, the threads aren’t reversed or anything? Once the nut is off, to remove the magnet from the top of the playfield I’m screwing it clockwise? The magnetic assembly appears to be held on by three wood screws. If I crank on the nut the assembly isn’t it going to rip off of the playfield? I do plan on heating the nut as others have suggested. Also I don’t have to remove the whole playfield or anything? Then on the top of the playfield I have to remove both ramp assemblies and all of the wire forms? Can I keep the vuk wireform in? Would it make sense to remove the back board so the top ramp can slide past the vuk? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tslayer

IMG_0012_(resized).JPGIMG_0012_(resized).JPG

#431 7 years ago

First of all, remove the magnet core and the bracket holding it. It's just held on by a couple of quarter inch hex screws. Take that assembly to your workshop and put it in a vice. Then go to work on it with a crescent wrench, 3-in-1 oil and a sledgehammer. You'll find a way to get it loose. It's the normal "lefty loosey" orientation, so go counterclockwise with the wrench.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

First of all, remove the magnet core and the bracket holding it. It's just held on by a couple of quarter inch hex screws. Take that assembly to your workshop and put it in a vice. Then go to work on it with a crescent wrench, 3-in-1 oil and a sledgehammer. You'll find a way to get it loose. It's the normal "lefty loosey" orientation, so go counterclockwise with the wrench.

I can't remove the core it's mushroomed on the top. The core has to go up through the playfield not down. That's why I'm asking all the questions...

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I can't remove the core it's mushroomed on the top. The core has to go up through the playfield not down.

Been there, done that. Prepare to remove almost everything on top of the playfield to get it out including the back panel because it must come off to remove the ramps. Take lots of pictures. Once you have torn it all down, remove the big nut while holding the core from turning with a screwdriver and then screw it on thru. If it's stubborn, heat the holder with a torch. That will loosen any loctite that might be on it. Might as well shop the game out while you are there. I put a little bevel around the edge on the new magnet core so the next time it won't be such a job.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Been there, done that. Prepare to remove almost everything on top of the playfield to get it out including the back panel because it must come off to remove the ramps. Take lots of pictures. Once you have torn it all down, remove the big nut while holding the core from turning with a screwdriver and then screw it on thru. If it's stubborn, heat the holder with a torch. That will loosen any loctite that might be on it. Might as well shop the game out while you are there. I put a little bevel around the edge on the new magnet core so the next time it won't be such a job.

Thanks for the info! So I can remove the nut and magnet with the playfield in the game? When you say heat the 'holder', whats the holder - the nut or magnetic core? So when holding the magnet with a screwdriver, turning the nut and heating it up - would this be easier with two people, or would that be hard to do because of lack of space?

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Might as well shop the game out while you are there.

good suggestions, also i'd recommend cutting out a piece of mylar that goes around the magnet hole, as you won't be able to do it once you have re populated the pf.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Thanks for the info! So I can remove the nut and magnet with the playfield in the game? When you say heat the 'holder', whats the holder - the nut or magnetic core? So when holding the magnet with a screwdriver, turning the nut and heating it up - would this be easier with two people, or would that be hard to do because of lack of space?

No need to remove the playfield. Stripping it down is enough. Heating the part the magnet core screws into if loctite was used, but I didn't find it nessecary on mine. One person should be enough. You want to have a screwdriver in there so when you turn the locknut counterclockwise the core doesn't turn too and the mushroomed part dig into the playfield.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'd recommend cutting out a piece of mylar that goes around the magnet hole, as you won't be able to do it once you have re populated the pf.

I did that too. With a circular cutout for the magnet core.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No need to remove the playfield. Stripping it down is enough. Heating the part the magnet core screws into if loctite was used, but I didn't find it nessecary on mine. One person should be enough. You want to have a screwdriver in there so when you turn the locknut counterclockwise the core doesn't turn too and the mushroomed part dig into the playfield.

I did that too. With a circular cutout for the magnet core.

Good deal - Thank You!

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No need to remove the playfield. Stripping it down is enough.

Yeah trust us...that is enough. Not a fun game to break down.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah trust us...that is enough. Not a fun game to break down.

Ya I know this will be a major project. Time to stock up on beer!

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Good deal - Thank You!

You're welcome! When I first got mine, I went to play a game and the ball got stuck there. So I started tearing it apart right there not realizing how much had to come off to get to it. By the time I got to it, the whole thing was almost apart.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ya I know this will be a major project. Time to stock up on beer!

Yeah the buildings are a little bit of a bitch to get off, but the ramps are the real issue. I really had to bend mine to get them back in, since they intertwine with each other...wasn't a good feeling, but it works out

#442 7 years ago

I'd take the back panel off first if I had to do it again...

#443 7 years ago

Hairdryer heat worked fine for me. Heat-loosen, heat- loosen and so on. Really not that bad of a job. I had to take the magnet out the top also.

#444 7 years ago

Success! Here's a link to photos of the teardown needed to remove the magnet in DH....

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/troutslayer71/library/DH_Teardown

DH_Magnet_(resized).jpgDH_Magnet_(resized).jpg

#445 7 years ago

Great. Not that bad of a job, right?

#446 7 years ago

Nope not to bad. Thanks for all the tips guys!

#447 7 years ago

Anyone been able to hit the ramps with the off flipper--is it possible? Left ramp from the right flipper, right (helicopter) ramp from the right flipper.

#448 7 years ago

Is it just me being bias, or does DH seem to be getting a little more popular? Oh, watched Sudden Impact for the first time....definitely not the best DH

#449 7 years ago

I answered half my question tonite--hit a super lucky lower R. flipper around the helicopter ramp--so that one is possible.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Is it just me being bias, or does DH seem to be getting a little more popular? Oh, watched Sudden Impact for the first time....definitely not the best DH

Absolutely. Glad I picked up mine when I did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.