E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 36.
#201 9 years ago

I'll leave as is then.

Thanks guys

#202 9 years ago

I added 4 spotlights with reflectors last year, because I think DH is woefully underlit (especially when using LEDs in the feature lamps). Here are the before and after shots:

DH-no-spots.jpgDH-no-spots.jpg DH-with-spots.jpgDH-with-spots.jpg
#203 9 years ago

Never seen one as dark as your before pick...but I never play with only the GI on.

#204 9 years ago

Exactly - it bugs me if I have to turn on a room light to play a game.

#205 9 years ago

If magnet core positioned to high/low, it may cause damage/wear to pfr....any wear at this time?

#206 9 years ago

hello,

i just got a DH an love it.

one problem i am having is that the left diverter gets stuck on the plastic outside of the ramp.

the arm and the stem of the diverter are sagging a bit.
it looks like a very common problem so i figure i would ask in here before i take all the ramps apart to try to fix it.

thanks.

m.

1 week later
#207 9 years ago

Just joined the DH club yesterday.
Cleaning and fixing a few issues, but going to be a very good game.

Does anyone know which backbox sockets are supposed to have blinker bulbs?
My understanding is that there are supposed to be four of them. All the sockets in mine have plain 555s in them.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just joined the DH club yesterday.
Cleaning and fixing a few issues, but going to be a very good game.
Does anyone know which backbox sockets are supposed to have blinker bulbs?
My understanding is that there are supposed to be four of them. All the sockets in mine have plain 555s in them.

The ones that line up with the tops of the towers

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

The ones that line up with the tops of the towers

Yeah, tops of towers, NOT the Bullet holes. Funny thing is, the blinking is very subtle with the translite back in place.

#210 9 years ago

a recent cleaning, some new cointakers and superbands...good as new and nice and bright!

P1020443.JPGP1020443.JPG
#211 9 years ago

does anyone know how to connect this part to the lief switch?

thanks

m.

detail.JPGdetail.JPG
#212 9 years ago

Rivet I believe.

#213 9 years ago

AS far as I know they are riveted on. Although if you have the intact target istelf still on and just want new graphics, you can buy stickers for them.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If the top is mushroomed you'll have to take it out thru the top of pf...most likely.

My magnet came mushroomed also. Problem is the first ball I played got stuck behind it so I decided to remove it. Removing it from the top is the only way it will come out without damaging that thin area of the playfield and requires removing just about everthing to get to it. It is wise to take pics along the way as it is almost a total tear down.

Removing the back panel is necessary as well, so that should be one of the first things you do.

#215 9 years ago

I have never riveted anything. Can I pick up a rivet at a hardware store?

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

I have never riveted anything. Can I pick up a rivet at a hardware store?

Maybe...hobby lobby type place for sure...autozone. Look for best deal as they well probably vary a lot.

You're looking for a "rivet gun."

1 week later
#217 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me where to get the sky line back panel for this game?
Also, any advice on what colors look best when LEDing this one?

I figure warm looks good in this game.

M

#218 9 years ago

Treasure Cove has them(back panel)...or at least used to.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

Can anyone tell me where to get the sky line back panel for this game?

Little Shop of Games has these also.

For LEDs, I color matched the playfield inserts. Left the playfield GI incandescent. Put warm whites in the backbox except for the blinkers (incandescent) and the ones behind the Dirty Harry lettering (red). I think it looks good, but that's all subjective.

Post edited by RCA1: Added more stuff.

#221 9 years ago

just bought this game last week. we're enjoying it so far.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Hi all! Just picked up a DH and I'm loving it. Any tips for keeping the ball from rolling out of the gun? Mine seems to do that like 20% of the time. Also, when the ball is launched it often doesn't make it into the pops. Any way to adjust this?

I've only had this game for a week but I'm wondering about this too, the ball occasionally not loading into the gun but rather it just dribbles out the front of the gun, maybe 10% of the time. It drops into the gun fine but just goes "bloop" right out the front and is in play. Is that a fault or is it just part of the game play?

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzoufan:

I've only had this game for a week but I'm wondering about this too, the ball occasionally not loading into the gun but rather it just dribbles out the front of the gun, maybe 10% of the time. It drops into the gun fine but just goes "bloop" right out the front and is in play. Is that a fault or is it just part of the game play?

Try moving the ramp a little toward the rear of the gun. That fixed mine.

3 weeks later
#224 9 years ago

Dirty Harry owner now for about 2 months. Game is apart right now to repair ramp and check out some other issues. Can someone please watch my video and compare this switch test to their own machine. Thanks.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

Dirty Harry owner now for about 2 months. Game is apart right now to repair ramp and check out some other issues. Can someone please watch my video and compare this switch test to their own machine. Thanks. » YouTube video

All tests confirmed same as yours on my machine.

#226 9 years ago

Dirty Harry is a great game.!

#227 9 years ago

Someone in possession of the files of the stickers from this pinball?
I will be so grateful!

2 weeks later
#228 9 years ago

hello

i just shopped out my DH and i am now realizing i am having trouble with my right gate.
it works in test mode but stays shut during game play.
what switch triggers it to open?

thanks,

m.

#229 9 years ago

never mind regarding the gate.
i just had to adjust the spring.

m.

1 month later
#230 9 years ago

Just listed my Sample Version of DH in the market place. Sad day.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Andrzej:

Just listed my Sample Version of DH in the market place. Sad day.

i just bought it!

#232 9 years ago

Just playing some the other night...just a well balanced game. Crime Wave is actually a total bitch though

#233 9 years ago

buying one too will be in the club real soon

#234 9 years ago

Congrats to the new buyers and soon to be owners! Fun game.

#235 9 years ago

one of my favorite 3 flipper machines.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Andrzej:

I have a sample version as well and it has the longest tenure in my lineup.
Anyone know how many sample versions are out in the wild?
"I owe you one meathead."

does anyone know how many Sample DH's were produced?

#237 9 years ago

Bought a DH a few weeks ago. Tonight I was having some trough issues; so after fixing the boards l was play testing. Middle of ball 2 the flippers went dead, all lights went out.

MIDNIGHT MADNESS!!!

I forgot about that mode. Scared the crap out of me! Thought I broke the machine...

#238 9 years ago

Midnight Madness on DH is pretty cool. I've been a member of the club for a while but just got it back together and playable a couple of weeks ago. It really is a lot more fun than I remember the few times I played it on route. Great layout, great callouts, great music, great game.

DSCN3300.JPGDSCN3300.JPG

#239 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Mine is getting LED's now. I only wish that there were plastic protector sets for this machine. Maybe this was covered, but anyone have a prototype w/the drop target in front of the warehouse?

#240 9 years ago

Oh I see it's the sample games that had it. Just read above. Mind me asking how much the one in the marketplace went for?

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

here is my IM DH mod to prevent ball hangups (thanks to surfsledgnar for the part)

P1020282.JPG 203 KB

I got a little clint eastwood figurine head for that area of mine. I have yet to paint it and put it in the game. I'll have to snap a pic.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

I got a little clint eastwood figurine head for that area of mine. I have yet to paint it and put it in the game. I'll have to snap a pic

nice, mine works great, you barely notice it (the red and yellow of the ball blends with the color theme). make sure to use lots of super brite whites in the gi with your leds

#243 9 years ago

I just got mine back from being shopped. I'll post pics as soon it stops raining. I have it stuck out in the garage right now.

To the guy that posted asking about replacing the plastic bullet target, does Marco sell those? The number 3 target chipping seems to be an issue on a lot of DH machines that I see (mine included.)

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from FlippinFantastic:

I just got mine back from being shopped. I'll post pics as soon it stops raining. I have it stuck out in the garage right now.
To the guy that posted asking about replacing the plastic bullet target, does Marco sell those? The number 3 target chipping seems to be an issue on a lot of DH machines that I see (mine included.)

Yep and they're like $3 each at Marco. It's just the target face; so you'll have to rivet it back on. I just bought two this week.

It's that there is nothing behind that half of the target face except the edge of the lane guide to the left orbit. As the target flexes back it hits that metal guide and chips and breaks the plastic. I'm going to try and figure out some sort of back support for the target. They actually should have put a post in behind, but I'm going to try and come up with a solution without drilling a hole.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9119-7

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yep and they're like $3 each at Marco. It's just the target face; so you'll have to rivet it back on. I just bought two this week.
It's that there is nothing behind that half of the target face except the edge of the lane guide to the left orbit. As the target flexes back it hits that metal guide and chips and breaks the plastic. I'm going to try and figure out some sort of back support for the target. They actually should have put a post in behind, but I'm going to try and come up with a solution without drilling a hole.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9119-7

Let us know what you come up with.

I'm supposed to go to a screening of American Sniper tonight with cast and CREW(!) I was excited to try to get my backglass signed by Callahan himself... BUT my friend told me that it's doubtful Clint will be there.

#246 9 years ago

This is the head I got to put in that spot on DH. I still want to paint it and put it in some sort of plastic dome or something. Anyone got suggestions on what paint to use that would be hard enough when it dries? Enamel I guess?

IMG_4334.JPGIMG_4334.JPG
#247 9 years ago

I have what appears to be a recurring problem with the trap door. This is the vertical pop up door that allows the ball to pass from the shooter lane directly to the gun. It opens when you choose to plunge from the gun, and also in certain multiballs to get the ball directly to the gun.

Occasionally, there will be a ball jam in the lower gun area. This will cause the game to think that the trap door is stuck closed, when it really isn't. This is not a big deal, as the ball jam will clear as the gun loading kicker will cycle through and clear the jam.

The problem is that the trap door stuck closed error does not clear. The error will appear at startup and the game will play, but not allow the trap door to be activated. You cannot choose to plunge from the gun, and balls will not load to the gun from the trough in multiball.

The only way that I have found to clear the error is to do a factory reset. Not the biggest deal in the world, but wipes out all the settings and scores. Does not happen often, but annoying. A google search finds a couple of old RGP threads where factory reset is the only answer given. Anyone have a better answer?

2 weeks later
#248 9 years ago

IMG_4386.JPGIMG_4386.JPG

Here's mine post makeover.

#249 9 years ago

Joined the Dirty Harry club today! Did not get a lot of time on it, but hope too soon. Game is in decent shape, but needs to be restored/shopped out.

It has the magnet wear and the ball sticks on that area during game play. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

image.jpgimage.jpg image-190.jpgimage-190.jpg image-514.jpgimage-514.jpg
#250 9 years ago

You need to remove the magnet and file down the mushroomed head and then adjust it with the screw. I did it on mine and have not had a problem since. You can use the side of a bench grinder or I just used a regular large flat file and made sure I kept it flat while filing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.