E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.
#101 10 years ago

I have mine up for sale for $2100 if anyone is interested, little flipper button wear, one broken plastic, (I have a repaired one for it) and one cracked ramp. No playfield wear that I can see

#102 10 years ago

here are some pics I can send more if anyone is interested

Dirty_Harry_001.JPGDirty_Harry_001.JPG

#103 10 years ago

here are some pics I can send more if anyone is interested

Dirty_Harry_001.JPGDirty_Harry_001.JPG Dirty_Harry_002.JPGDirty_Harry_002.JPG

#104 10 years ago

Dirty_Harry_003.JPGDirty_Harry_003.JPG

#105 10 years ago

Dirty_Harry_005.JPGDirty_Harry_005.JPG

#106 10 years ago

Dirty_Harry_004.JPGDirty_Harry_004.JPG

1 week later
#108 10 years ago

Hi all! Just picked up a DH and I'm loving it. Any tips for keeping the ball from rolling out of the gun? Mine seems to do that like 20% of the time. Also, when the ball is launched it often doesn't make it into the pops. Any way to adjust this?

#109 10 years ago

You just can't have enough Dirty Harry.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Hi all! Just picked up a DH and I'm loving it. Any tips for keeping the ball from rolling out of the gun? Mine seems to do that like 20% of the time. Also, when the ball is launched it often doesn't make it into the pops. Any way to adjust this?

Mine did the same but not as much, for the strength check the coil it might be old or loose and need replacing

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Mine did the same but not as much, for the strength check the coil it might be old or loose and need replacing

Oh sorry, I should clarify. The coil is plenty strong, but the ball sometimes bangs around in the orbit, and comes back down to the upper flipper instead of making it into the pops.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Assuming that you are taking the 3 Bullets for the ball launch, the magnet may need to be leveled to the playfield.

#113 10 years ago

Has the magnet been removed? There is a magnet that stops the ball going to the pops depending on what you choose

#114 10 years ago

The magnet works fine and it flush in the playfield. I'm referring to instances like ball saves or when balls are kicked out for multi-ball. These balls should go into the pops correct? Instead of going all the way smoothly around the orbit, they hit the walls, lose steam and come back down.

Apparently someone earlier in this thread had the same problem, and they ended up having to mess with the ball launcher solenoid to make sure that it hits the center of the ball.

#115 10 years ago

could also be a worn bell armature in the shooter coil or a bad sleeve or a loose coil

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

could also be a worn bell armature in the shooter coil or a bad sleeve or a loose coil

Yep agreed

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I placed a small rubber at the end of ramp where the ball falls in to the gun as mine would let the ball fall out of gun too. It really slows the ball down and works 99% of the time. Its a round rubber that is flat on one side and looks like a rubber grommet. Has to be small enough to still let the ball fall without impeding it.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I placed a small rubber at the end of ramp where the ball falls in to the gun as mine would let the ball fall out of gun too. It really slows the ball down and works 99% of the time. Its a round rubber that is flat on one side and looks like a rubber grommet. Has to be small enough to still let the ball fall without impeding it.

Cool, can you post a picture?

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Everything checks out. May replace the sleeve just to be sure, but after looking at it, I don't think it's any of those things.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Oh sorry, I should clarify. The coil is plenty strong, but the ball sometimes bangs around in the orbit, and comes back down to the upper flipper instead of making it into the pops.

I consider that a feature. I drain balls intentionally when multiball starts, because the autolaunch feeds the upper flipper about 50% of the time.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I consider that a feature. I drain balls intentionally when multiball starts, because the autolaunch feeds the upper flipper about 50% of the time.

Ha, I do the same thing. Feels like cheating though.

#122 10 years ago

So, 'Shoot Out' is the worst award and basically impossible, right?

Maybe I just stink lol.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So, 'Shoot Out' is the worst award and basically impossible, right?
Maybe I just stink lol.

Depends. I've heard people say it's easy and they seem to be playing by a diff'rent set of rules than mine has. I always assumed you got your ball back but people say that isn't the case. I have NEVER completed shoot out.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Depends. I've heard people say it's easy and they seem to be playing by a diff'rent set of rules than mine has. I always assumed you got your ball back but people say that isn't the case. I have NEVER completed shoot out.

Shoot out is shooting all bullet targets in a certain time and you don't not get your ball back.

#125 10 years ago

And its medium difficulty but the balls bounce around so much that at times it can be easy.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Cool, can you post a picture?

This is a link to something similar that I used. I had to modify the end of it to fit between the ramp.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=rubber+grommet . I cut the nub part to fit between the wire form.

#127 10 years ago

Here is my solution.

152.JPG152.JPG

#128 10 years ago

Even on the PAPA video of the first DH video, you ball falls out of the gun at around the 2.29 mark.

#129 10 years ago

Luckily never had it happen to me.

#130 10 years ago

I just adjusted my ramp a little to cure that problem. Loosen it up and move it more to the rear of the gun.

#131 10 years ago

Here is my solution.

Thanks! I had some extra grommets lying around and did the same. Worked perfectly!

#132 10 years ago

Anyone LED their DH? I can't decide between warm white or cool white for the GI. Any insights?

#133 10 years ago

Glad it helped, such a let down to see the ball roll out of the gun as your really getting into the game.

#134 10 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there's supposed to be a plastic or something behind the safe house and between the left ramp? I keep getting balls stuck back there.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#135 10 years ago

So I observed some balls being auto launched into the pops, and noticed them hitting this metal "bridge" that goes over the right orbit. Seems to be the cause of a lot of my balls not making it to the pops. Indeed, it looks like it's taken a pounding over the years. What is the function of this metal piece? Anyone else have this problem?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#136 10 years ago

There is a plastic that goes from the start of the ramp upper post and goes along side the safe house and around the back of it.

#137 10 years ago

The metal piece is right above the magnet, so I would assume that it protects against airballs from the magnet not being level.

#138 10 years ago

There is a plastic that goes from the start of the ramp upper post and goes along side the safe house and around the back of it.

Even with that plastic the ball still gets stuck there

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Anyone LED their DH? I can't decide between warm white or cool white for the GI. Any insights?

Think mine has frosted white in the bullets that look awesome

#140 10 years ago

That's a pretty big gun

#141 10 years ago

What does the plastic look like? Anyone have a pic?

#142 10 years ago

If no has posted a pic of it , I can post one after work today.

#143 10 years ago

Funny, Mine goes thru phases. It will get stuck in that spot once every 3 games for a awhile, and then not for weeks.

#144 10 years ago

Never had a ball stuck ther. Mine get hung up under the upper right flipper perched on a bullet target.

#145 10 years ago

Here's the plastic around the safehouse, kind of hard to ge a good shot without taking stuff apart.

#146 10 years ago

Here's the plastic around the safehouse, kind of hard to ge a good shot without taking stuff apart.

002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG

#147 10 years ago

I made a piece of plastic to fit in that spot to keep the balls from getting stuck. Here's a pic.

Dirty_Harry_Safe_House_003.JPGDirty_Harry_Safe_House_003.JPG

#148 10 years ago

This is a link to something similar that I used. I had to modify the end of it to fit between the ramp.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=rubber+grommet . I cut the nub part to fit between the wire form.

I just found one of these in my parts bin and wedged it in there. Works great and no more ball spillage!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#149 10 years ago

The grommet works great, its cheap and does require any modifying. On mine the gun resets in the up position most of the time, but when it doesn't this fixed it.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I made a piece of plastic to fit in that spot to keep the balls from getting stuck. Here's a pic.

This looks like exactly what I need to do. I can't believe there wasn't something like this from the factory. I played today, and I got balls stuck in there on every game I played super annoying--no way that would work on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.