E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg

There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.
#1251 3 years ago

Mine looked just like that. Spray painted it white came out pretty nice. Bought it Lowe’s. Taped up the bulbs. Sorry don’t have a before but looked like yours.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1252 3 years ago

Looks nice, sounds like painting is the way to go.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

No luck with switch 77, but thank you, so I continue trial and error on other things. On another note anyone seen an insert as nasty as this one? Thinking of just painting this ugly thing, any other ideas to clean it up?[quoted image]

Lightly use Simple Green or similar product and wipe. It will come off.

#1254 3 years ago

If you do paint I believe it was a semi gloss read the directions to make sure second coat is done during the allowed time or it will like crackle up. If done correctly does look amazing and only a little work.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

No luck with switch 77, but thank you, so I continue trial and error on other things. On another note anyone seen an insert as nasty as this one? Thinking of just painting this ugly thing, any other ideas to clean it up?[quoted image]

Try a magic eraser. They work well.

1 week later
#1256 3 years ago

So I was looking at the gun that Robert Stone did for that dirty harry, and it looks really great. But I don't have the skills to do anything like that. Has anyone in the club ever tried to paint there own dirty harry gun with like spray paints or hobby paint or something? I don't have any artistic skills, but I suddenly have a ridiculous amount of free time on my hands and a garage full of chemicals. And my dirty harry gun looks like it was left out in the rain.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Had to pull the trigger! Can't wait to get it installed
[quoted image][quoted image]

See above post

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

So I was looking at the gun that Robert Stone did for that dirty harry, and it looks really great. But I don't have the skills to do anything like that. Has anyone in the club ever tried to paint there own dirty harry gun with like spray paints or hobby paint or something? I don't have any artistic skills, but I suddenly have a ridiculous amount of free time on my hands and a garage full of chemicals. And my dirty harry gun looks like it was left out in the rain.

I found it very easy w/a rattle can. Prep is important! Clean, sand, what ever is necessary to get a nice clean surface. 2-3 light coats. You can clear after if you want. As simple as it may seem, if not familiar with using(technique)spray paint check out some videos or how to’s.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I found it very easy w/a rattle can. Prep is important! Clean, sand, what ever is necessary to get a nice clean surface. 2-3 light coats. You can clear after if you want. As simple as it may seem, if not familiar with using(technique)spray paint check out some videos or how to’s.

Thank you. I will do that then. Did yours turn out good? Do you have any pics?

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

See above post

No I preferred powder coating. But I use a epoxy enamel on my other arcade parts and it is very similar to power coat finish.

I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K00300777-Epoxy-Enamel-Spray/dp/B07NPDMF2F

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

I think so. Did it all black. Was thinking doing the handgrips different color, but that can always be done if desired. No pics but I can take a couple tomorrow for you.

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

No I preferred powder coating. But I use a epoxy enamel on my other arcade parts and it is very similar to power coat finish.
I hope this helps.
amazon.com link »

That's helpful. Thank you. I noticed in your picture of the gun mounted to your machine that the legs are also black. Looks good next to the gun and door. Did you also blacken the lockbar and side rails or leave those chrome?

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

That's helpful. Thank you. I noticed in your picture of the gun mounted to your machine that the legs are also black. Looks good next to the gun and door. Did you also blacken the lockbar and side rails or leave those chrome?

I left those chrome and bought black legs from Pinball Life.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

Here’s a couple of pictures of gun.

740891C2-0025-4EEF-B482-17C9F4CDF39F (resized).jpeg740891C2-0025-4EEF-B482-17C9F4CDF39F (resized).jpeg9CA92D00-B2F8-474E-A502-D46227247629 (resized).jpeg9CA92D00-B2F8-474E-A502-D46227247629 (resized).jpeg
#1265 3 years ago

Put a NOS Dirty Harry ramp on ebay along with a bunch of other NOS parts:

NOS Dirty Harry Right "Helicopter" Ramp
ebay.com link: itm

IMG_20200422_181159 (resized).jpgIMG_20200422_181159 (resized).jpg
#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Here’s a couple of pictures of gun.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that looks good. I think I can do that. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#1267 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a Dirty Harry pf? I've had this as a wall-hanger for a few years and I'm switching things up. It could be restored, as it is in good shape with the normal wear around the outholes and the magnet. I took closeups of those in case someone would want this as more than just a wall hanger.

I thought I would put it up here to see if there is interest before going to eBay.

IMG_2490 (resized).jpgIMG_2490 (resized).jpgIMG_2491 (resized).jpgIMG_2491 (resized).jpgIMG_2492 (resized).jpgIMG_2492 (resized).jpg
#1268 3 years ago

Another one popped up. Dirty Harry NOS playfield. Looks to be one of the prototypes being it has the cut out for the wharehouse target that had been removed from production.

ebay.com link: itm

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Another one popped up. Dirty Harry NOS playfield. Looks to be one of the prototypes being it has the cut out for the wharehouse target that had been removed from production.
ebay.com link

Thank you for posting this. It appears to not be simply a sample playfield, but truly a prototype playfield. It has all the features I’d noted on DH s/n 0001 that differ from even a sample game. Every one of the features, including the post that-never-was in front of the Safehouse, and the Safehouse saucer hole being larger than on production games. Crazy. It has all the features of 0001.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-number-0001

From what I recall, the playfield in 0001 is dated July ‘94, where this playfield is dated October ‘94.

I really appreciate that you posted this.

#1270 3 years ago

Glad a Nieghbor got to appreciate the post. I’m from Monterey. Class of 91’

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Glad a Nieghbor got to appreciate the post. I’m from Monterey. Class of 91’

Ye!

I appreciated it enough to buy the thing after having one too many last night. Or one just enough, if you’re a glass half full kinda fella.

#1272 3 years ago

Oh nice!!! Don’t shoot the messenger. Glad to hear you’re the one that was able to snatch up this great find.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

ebay.com link

So who bought it?
It did look cool.

Edit: duh. Read the posts above first.
Congrats Cary!

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So who bought it?
It did look cool.
Edit: duh. Read the posts above first.
Congrats Cary!

Thank you! I just got tracking. Not sure that I’ll do a swap with it. Though just in case, I might need to ring Reese and Kruzman

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:and the Safehouse saucer hole being larger than on production games.

Being that the safehouse hole is enlarged would there be anything needed to be done for a pf swap.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

So I've resolved several issues on my project DH, to the point where the game boots and plays. Now I'm chasing down other problems. On power up/boot, the auto plunger coil pulses 4 times, also ocassionally the gun launch will do the same. I know these are on the same voltage connection #2 & #3. One thing that I am wondering about since they can both be actuated by the ball launch switch, gun handle trigger switch 11, and I assembled this project from parts, is there a diode missing from the mix some where that I failed to account for?
Thoughts and advice appreciated!

I had the very same issue ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-gun-magazine-solenoid-firing-multiple-times

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Being that the safehouse hole is enlarged would there be anything needed to be done for a pf swap.

So, the playfield in the game that I have, which is s/n 0001, has the same exact playfield. They put a wood plug in the Safehouse saucer to make it the appropriate size. They used a few brackets to secure it.

I noticed that the standard playfield had a slot behind the saucer to accommodate the mech. I think they end up more or less identical after the plug is installed.

So, in my case I could actually use this NOS playfield in a swap on my game with the pieces on the currently installed playfield.

BTW, the post-that-never-was in front of the Safehouse saucer was plugged on DH 0001. Sample and production playfields appear to have been modified to no longer use that post, and the art was altered in its place.

I wonder sometimes what the shot would be like with the post that was removed in front of the Safehouse saucer - would it have been easier or more difficult?

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:I wonder sometimes what the shot would be like with the post that was removed in front of the Safehouse saucer - would it have been easier or more difficult?

I would guess harder because on most of the pf the wear on the safehouse saucer is on that right side.

Also noticed the red writing at the bottom of the shotgun shells doesn’t read “shoot lit HQ To start shotgun mode.”

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I would guess harder because on most of the pf the wear on the safehouse saucer is on that right side.
Also noticed the red writing at the bottom of the shotgun shells doesn’t read “shoot lit HQ To start shotgun mode.”

Great Eye! I TOTALLY missed that!

#1280 3 years ago

I also noticed the targets 3 and 8 bullets were moved to not block the art work.

AFBD3A2C-7AAF-45EC-83E6-BE057DB818BE (resized).pngAFBD3A2C-7AAF-45EC-83E6-BE057DB818BE (resized).pngF100164F-C345-4289-8925-E8152CDBCD87 (resized).pngF100164F-C345-4289-8925-E8152CDBCD87 (resized).png

#1281 3 years ago

Excellent observation!

My wife thought I’d brought up the point about the different bullet arrangement that you’d noted because I wanted to play DH last night - she wasn’t entirely wrong.

5A39C6CA-2F69-43F3-BF9E-7FBCA0FFCE62 (resized).jpeg5A39C6CA-2F69-43F3-BF9E-7FBCA0FFCE62 (resized).jpegA785D933-D2C7-4678-A9BE-58B2ADE823E9 (resized).jpegA785D933-D2C7-4678-A9BE-58B2ADE823E9 (resized).jpeg
#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Excellent observation!
My wife thought I’d brought up the point about the different bullet arrangement that you’d noted because I wanted to play DH last night - she wasn’t entirely wrong.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah your game is unique and I awesome!! I did go back and read the old post and was wondering if you had got that wiring situated or if it was at least adequate to continue to play in that condition.

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Yeah your game is unique and I awesome!! I did go back and read the old post and was wondering if you had got that wiring situated or if it was at least adequate to continue to play in that condition.

I’ve only had to tidy a few of the connections for proper operation. The game plays like a charm. I will be finishing that at some point with heat shrink, etc. It will probably happen after I move the game to my office.

2 weeks later
#1284 3 years ago

Hey guys. Haven’t posted here in a bit. Something is bugging me about my DH lately though. You guys know what would cause mine to be missing some speech? Only line I can recall missing as of now, is the one when it used to call out to “aim for the flashing cross hairs” I don’t ever get that call out anymore. It’s no biggie, but I like my stuff to be working 100% or it bugs me. Haha. Any advice is appreciated.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey guys. Haven’t posted here in a bit. Something is bugging me about my DH lately though. You guys know what would cause mine to be missing some speech? Only line I can recall missing as of now, is the one when it used to call out to “aim for the flashing cross hairs” I don’t ever get that call out anymore. It’s no biggie, but I like my stuff to be working 100% or it bugs me. Haha. Any advice is appreciated.

I don't recall mine ever saying that. But I have had some incorrect or missing speech on my Baywatch recently and fixed it by reseating all my connections on my sound board. worth a try.

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Adjustment A.2.25 Instructional Speech - Turns those phrases on and off.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I don't recall mine ever saying that. But I have had some incorrect or missing speech on my Baywatch recently and fixed it by reseating all my connections on my sound board. worth a try.

Yeah, I tried that before bud. Many times actually. Haha. Thanks though. Maybe we both have been missing out on speech after seeing the suggestion
above. I’m going to go back into adjustments tomorrow.

Quoted from RCA1:

What?! Something as easy as going into adjustments? Holy crap if that’s it I’m going to kick my own butt! Thanks a lot bro! I feel like an idiot.
I have replugged connections all over those boards and a few other things. Also thought I looked through every single option/adjustment in the menus. Haha I’ll look at it again tomorrow. DH is at my brother’s house for a few more days, and then He’s coming home.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thanks for the tip, I never knew that existed, just turned mine on to see what it sounds like.

Added over 4 years ago:

Well, after hearing "shoot for the lighted crosshairs" a few dozen times--that was enough for me. Excellent call coding in the option in of turning this on/off.

Added over 4 years ago:

Looks like I got a little carried away with the "in"s...

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thanks again man. Can’t believe I never saw/thought of this. I swore I looked through all the settings but guess I never thought to look in adjustments. I did a factory reset once before trying to fix something else, and didn’t realize this was here. No wonder ol Harry wasn’t telling me what to do. I just like to hear all the speech I can, so thanks again.

B7ABC7FD-BF75-4969-AD21-0CCC343B54C2 (resized).jpegB7ABC7FD-BF75-4969-AD21-0CCC343B54C2 (resized).jpeg
#1290 3 years ago

Cool. I was 99% that had to be it.
It's such an odd adjustment. Not sure any other games have anything similar.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks for the tip, I never knew that existed, just turned mine on to see what it sounds like.

I never knew this existed. Very cool!

#1292 3 years ago

This A2.25 setting is cool, but mine doesn't say anythin in Feeling lucky.

In Letter Bomb it says "Shoot the safe house"
In Car Chase it says "Shoot the flashing cross hairs"

I'll keep an ear out for more

#1293 3 years ago

Yeah, I seemed to lose the punch out sounds in bar room brawl with A2.25 On.

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No you can't shoot the right ramp with the gun

It’s hard for me to make either ramp with the gun shot, but if I push the machine just as it fires it will go up the right ramp. Guess I need to check everything on the gun.

#1295 3 years ago

Maybe I'm crazy, butI think the replay animation graphic changed with A2.25 on!?

4 weeks later
#1296 3 years ago

Just arranged a trade and will be joining the club soon. I hate to be this guy, but this will be my only game without a topper. Have any of you guys seen or come up with a topper for dh?

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Just arranged a trade and will be joining the club soon. I hate to be this guy, but this will be my only game without a topper. Have any of you guys seen or come up with a topper for dh?

A guy on YouTube made a cool shadow box topper with a Smith & Wesson Model 29 replica, handcuffs and a replica badge/ID set. Looked pretty cool IMHO.

#1299 3 years ago

I've never seen that one before, good find.

#1300 3 years ago

Hi guys. I'm having an issue with my DH. I've linked my topic in hope of getting some advice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-a-19746-and-the-ramp-issue#post-5775010

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/26?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.