Topic Stats

• 1,127 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Scoot
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

582278D0-4F78-471B-A1EC-EE5CE0BD0EB1 (resized).jpeg
CB8F9D2E-8FC0-4112-86DB-E2A5A47E06CB (resized).jpeg
17E1C43D-BA05-4248-8E55-211F820EFC71 (resized).jpeg
463F61EB-21EC-4168-AADA-B131CE9F0A09 (resized).jpeg
8EF94B3F-565B-4799-8952-284295EC208C (resized).jpeg
A039FBA9-FF42-4C3D-9DBA-5C134BFAB285 (resized).jpeg
B6FBA8E8-B1B6-40EB-8550-804B5665E257 (resized).jpeg
F03381B8-11D6-442A-9FC0-90A0B6E025D7 (resized).jpeg
E2E04BB8-5A50-444F-82A7-F0858CAE9DEB (resized).jpeg
719E9E78-CE81-447C-AF44-F9EB6CD0083A (resized).jpeg
7F43B691-482C-4A5C-AE97-7EC56606276E (resized).png
DF535803-FFBB-4C01-86C6-A2EFACF210B7 (resized).jpeg
0B342868-4D78-411B-A1CF-D82C5858D751 (resized).jpeg
6126F2AB-BACA-4A86-87D4-EB65002460BB (resized).jpeg
24555076-EE8E-4C34-BAE5-B9F01F915814 (resized).jpeg
580F9FD9-9C4A-4B38-A6C4-822973A8229A (resized).jpeg

There are 1127 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.
#751 2 years ago

What's the best playfeild gi led bulbs to use on Harry..
? So its not so much of a strobe affect at certain times during game play?
Especially near the flippers

#752 2 years ago

Ok figured out the strobe..

#753 2 years ago

Curios if anyone ever has had a issue with the ball shoot in back of the warehouse.. usualy it does load all the way up but sometimes it tries and doesn't make it all the way up then 10 seconds or so later on its second attempt it will work. ? I have not scoped it out under the pf yet... just looking for any tips on a fix..

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Curios if anyone ever has had a issue with the ball shoot in back of the warehouse.. usualy it does load all the way up but sometimes it tries and doesn't make it all the way up then 10 seconds or so later on its second attempt it will work. ? I have not scoped it out under the pf yet... just looking for any tips on a fix..

Not normal. You need to get in there and clean that coil that fires it up.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not normal. You need to get in there and clean that coil that fires it up.

That's my starting point ...

#756 2 years ago

Just recently joined the club. Loving the game. This morning I fired it up before heading to work and received switch error on switch #77. Checking the manual that says "Gun Lockup Under Playfield". I didn't have time to lift the playfield, so will be doing it later tonight but wanted to reach out to see if anyone knows exactly what that switch is for and what I should look for?

#757 2 years ago

Must have been a glitch. Opened up the game, switch test was fine. Reset it and it worked ok.

#758 2 years ago

I purchased some blue and red flashers from ebay (item 142369686192) to install on my DH.

They are really bright, too bright to face the player directly and too bright to have running all the time. So I'm thinking I'll install then on top of the headbox, they're too small to be a topper like Getaway - each flasher capsule is about 1 inch diameter and 1 inch high. They do reflect nicely off the ceiling

I can build a little circuit to control when they come on and for how long based on a mode or a shot etc.

What do people think they should be linked too. I think Crime Wave and Shoot out as these do not come up that often. Other more frequent ones would be when safehouse is lit - but it seems a bit silly to advertise the safe house. Maybe when you enter the safehouse when it's lit. Maybe upon hitting a jackpot shot?

What do other DH fans think would work well to triger these flashers?

DH1 (resized).jpg

DH2 (resized).jpg

#759 2 years ago

Crime Wave, Alcatraz, Scorpio, stolen car and super loops maybe? If you want it on even more then also link it to multiball.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

I purchased some blue and red flashers from ebay (item 142369686192) to install on my DH.
They are really bright, too bright to face the player directly and too bright to have running all the time. So I'm thinking I'll install then on top of the headbox, they're too small to be a topper like Getaway - each flasher capsule is about 1 inch diameter and 1 inch high. They do reflect nicely off the ceiling
I can build a little circuit to control when they come on and for how long based on a mode or a shot etc.
What do people think they should be linked too. I think Crime Wave and Shoot out as these do not come up that often. Other more frequent ones would be when safehouse is lit - but it seems a bit silly to advertise the safe house. Maybe when you enter the safehouse when it's lit. Maybe upon hitting a jackpot shot?
What do other DH fans think would work well to triger these flashers?

Nice.. or under the cab even.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

...What do other DH fans think would work well to triger these flashers?

logical : when you enter (or exit) the HQ scoop...

#762 2 years ago

I'm sold on gi ocd. What a great product that totaly eliminates that annoying flicker that dirry harry was doing.
Great product and easy to install.

#763 2 years ago

You mean the strobe effect that turns on before you make a shot? The strobe effect that is designed to make the game more difficult?

#764 1 year ago

Hey guys, I do custom powdercoat and a big part of what I do is my signature two tone guns. Here's a few pictures including before and after. I can do chrome, black chrome, semi gloss black,metallic black. Anything you can think of. Just hit me up. It's 70.00 for a gun send it to me about a 2 week turn around and back to you in usually less. Bring life back to your shooter gun. Many happy customers and I did it on my personal dirty harry

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/6

20171012_132157 (resized).jpg

20170923_123344 (resized).jpg

20171011_123601 (resized).jpg

20171013_153906 (resized).jpg

20170923_123315 (resized).jpg

20170917_130848 (resized).jpg

20170808_085451 (resized).jpg

#765 1 year ago

Nice powder coat job.

#766 1 year ago

Looked awesome....riiiight up until that purple

#767 1 year ago

Joined the club tonight! Pics to come soon. so excited!

#768 1 year ago

Turned on DH today. Factory settings restored. Change the batteries on the remote battery holder. Played a few games. Turned off. Turn back on a few hours later and the same thing. Turn off again and turn back on several minutes later and everything works fine. Turn off again wait several hours and on power up factory settings restored again. Thoughts? Sounds like I may have a flaky capacitor somewhere. Anyone else ever have this problem?

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Turned on DH today. Factory settings restored. Change the batteries on the remote battery holder. Played a few games. Turned off. Turn back on a few hours later and the same thing. Turn off again and turn back on several minutes later and everything works fine. Turn off again wait several hours and on power up factory settings restored again. Thoughts? Sounds like I may have a flaky capacitor somewhere. Anyone else ever have this problem?

I've had bad connectionon one battery on the past.

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Quoted from Milltown:

i'll double check connections tonight

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

i'll double check connections tonight

Solved ? I've had to lightly sand one side or the other as well ..

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Solved ? I've had to lightly sand one side or the other as well ..

Probably a little overkill but I sanded the contacts and reflowed/put new solder on this little board and now it’s working like a champ.

6B6F478C-2520-48C2-83E0-BBD8C6F11EFD (resized).jpeg

#773 1 year ago

If it is considered overkill, I’m a big fan of it! ; ) Enjoy your game.

#774 1 year ago

I’ve been working on picking up a Dirty Harry for a while now off of a friend. The game is fresh off of route and completely filthy. He pulled it off route, pulled the batteries, folded it up and stuck it in the corner. Ramps, plastics, playfield, and cabinet all look good. The game works it is just filthy. It will need completely gone through but will make a nice game when finished. What is a fair price for a fresh off route Dirty Harry.

#775 1 year ago

Put some Leds in this mug today. Holy hell, it really brings out the light show DH has to offer.

My "meathead" not so impressed.....

20171029_130713 (resized).jpg

#776 1 year ago

I picked up a Dirty Harry this week. I absolutely love it. It needs cleaned badly but my little boy likes it better so far than any game I’ve had.

451B1752-01C0-49C0-A57F-AA0F0034677A (resized).jpeg

91F5F42E-72D5-4FF3-846E-D6E61003DA28 (resized).jpeg

AFF81FE9-3292-4786-A3FC-E2E70A5D3591 (resized).jpeg

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Probably a little overkill but I sanded the contacts and reflowed/put new solder on this little board and now it’s working like a champ.

Cool cool..

#778 1 year ago

Loaded a color DMD in my DH...looks great

#779 1 year ago

Hi,
Looking for a Dirty Harry somewhere close to Maryland 20794. Also have a Firepower in the market place with CPR playfield could trade + or - $.
Thank You
Andy

#780 1 year ago

I am open to some trades besides Dirty Harry. F-14 in good shape without full mylar on playfield. Whirlwind in nice shape. Looking for some nice drivers. Hydro-Thunder or linked pair. Linked pair of Rush California, Alcatraz or Speed drivers. Linked pair of Arctic Thunder drivers. Linked pair of Motorcycle drivers. Nice pair of cabinets for linked set of Off road challenge or Crusin USA boards I have. Nice Spy Hunter, Star Wars vector.
Thank You

#781 1 year ago

Just got the color dmd in. Love it!

20171112_163103 (resized).jpg

20171112_163101 (resized).jpg

#782 1 year ago

Hey Stones! Get a back board decal for that bad boy!

1 week later
#783 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing. It completely changed the game. I lovemy new pin stadium in this game connect to the flasher under the right ramp for a killer light show. Best purchase ive made. You need these lights

20171127_173951 (resized).jpg

20171127_181444 (resized).jpg

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Absolutely amazing. It completely changed the game. I lovemy new pin stadium in this game connect to the flasher under the right ramp for a killer light show. Best purchase ive made. You need these lights

I might have to try this on my DH. It could definitely use some more lights. With the pin stadium I could save money and just leave the GI incandescent since the pin stadium lights should take care of GI lighting. How does the pin stadium handle the GI dimming? Or does it always stay bright?

#785 1 year ago

What exactly is the ‘pin stadium’?

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

What exactly is the ‘pin stadium’?

http://pinstadium.com/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement

Edit: The short version is it's a strip of led lights mounted to the upper inside of the cabinet on both sides. The colors can be controlled by an app on your phone and you can tie some of it to flashers too.

#787 1 year ago

It ties into the games lights and you can have it turn off with the game. It feels like it belongs. I got blue flashers and it interacts with the game. Best part is you just adjust it all with your phone. Kit is very well built. Im installing them in all my games. You can easily leave your gi in. You can set it to white, color or even a warm incadecent light look

#788 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. On my way to check it out! Love this game. I have the color DMD and the back of pf decal. It is kinda’ dark. I’ve been thinking of adding some LEDS in certain pf shots. I have the drop target model.

#789 1 year ago

It looks great. But that is essentially the most expensive app I’ve seen. It’s basically the software you’re paying for. The hardware is barely 20 bucks from China.

And they charge you over $200 for the complete package. Wow.

Me personally, I don’t like how they protrude from the sides.

I would consider it if the complete package was half that price.

#790 1 year ago

Tech question...

Noticed while playing that some lights have become synced. for example one of the bullet lights seems to be synced with the left outlane shootout light. There is the same issue with another magnum bullet light and the safe house. it seems when the bullet are flashing those two sync with them. when they are solid the shootout and safe house go solid too.

In test mode when I test lights and do the safe house the specific bullet and safe house light up. When I do the bullet, the specifc bullet and safe house light up. Same happens with the shoot out and bullet it seems to be synced to.

anyone experience this and know where to troubleshoot?

TIA

#791 1 year ago

Here's the pin stadium set to white

20171129_081902 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#792 1 year ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Its there

20180113_073712 (resized).jpg

#793 1 year ago

Finally chasing down the bad optos for the magnet.
DH is the wife's favorite machine but its been a pain avoiding the magnet and then waiting for the coils to cycle thru when the machine cannot find the ball when you do catch it. I would have tackled the job a lot sooner but the problem area is down below just about everything else in the machine. At least this gives me a good excuse for some upgrades. . . . placed orders at Titan, Comet, and Marcos today.

Dirty Harry lives up to its name; my hands looked like I was working in a coal mine after taking all the bits out. The ball launch smashed the snot out of the magnet and opto framework -- possibly a reason why they stopped registering. Ive since modified the shooting lane so the ball leaves with a little less velocity and at a better angle. Will have to post some after shots once everything is all cleaned up.

IMG_6837 (resized).JPG

#794 1 year ago

New parts arrived. One of the much needed bits was a new magnet core; the ball was a bit rough on the original.

IMG_6856 (resized).JPG

A lot of cleaning, installation of new silicone bands from Titan, LEDs from Comet, and misc. parts (magnet core, optos, etc.) from Marcos and I was able to get things back together.

IMG_6867 (resized).JPG

DH1 (resized).jpg

Love the working magnet. I cannot believe how much more life the ball has with the new bands -- the pop bumpers are actually popping now that the ball bounces back into them. Having GI bulbs that are not all burnt out has made a huge difference as well. Pictures are OK, but it looks so much better in person.

Thanks to the Pinside Archives for helping me answer a couple real time questions. I liked the game before, but now it is at another level.

Harry is underrated in my opinion, glad to have one in the game room.

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Anyone selling these or side art inner decals for DH at Texas pinball festival? Thx

4 weeks later
#796 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Pinsound file set for Dirty Harry?

#797 1 year ago

ColorDMD announced an update for DH.
Dirty Harry Chroma 3.1 ROM Update (Updated Feb 16, 2018)
•3.1: (02/16/18) Fixed a bug with Status Report and dissolve transitions.

Check it out here:
https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

Still trying to find inner side decals for DH. Let me know if anyone has them at TPF. thx

#799 1 year ago

Thx. I’m trying to find the back area as well. Any link? Anyone bringing them to TPF?

#800 1 year ago

Just picked up a Dirty Harry in a trade. Really underrated pin. Lots of fun, and the wife likes it too!

29120429-B486-4FB7-ADA6-90B34DE8D50E (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Freehold Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 1127 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside