E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg

There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 36.
#601 7 years ago

So dirty harry is #95 let's get some reviews and get it past 90

#602 7 years ago

So anyone else notice the bug that there's no ball save on the skill shot if you choose the gun

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So anyone else notice the bug that there's no ball save on the skill shot if you choose the gun

Makes sense but you never go with the gun, always ramp shot, that's too valuable.

#604 7 years ago

I did not notice that--I'll have to check it out--but I have also been using the ramp shot lately. It seems like the best bang for your buck...if you make the ramp you can double-up on HQ.

edit: The reason I didn't notice it was because I do have ball save with the gun. Code is LA-2.

#605 7 years ago

I'll check on this once I get this machine running.

*Just thought I'd post this here if anyone knows about a possible lead to a Dirty Harry left ramp. Sorry in advance for any repetition with this request. Also looking for a target or two. Will pay cash or in hot dogs.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has a left ramp for Dirty Harry or knows of someone with one. *Part number is #A 18604. This is the ramp that is fed by the top righ...”
6 years ago
Walnut Creek, CA
Expired!

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

never go with the gun, always ramp shot, that's too valuable.

Yeah, but the gun is just too cool to select the ramp shot. Gotta shoot the gun, just because it's there.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah, but the gun is just too cool to select the ramp shot. Gotta shoot the gun, just because it's there.

The only time I don't go for the ramp, I go for bullets. Haven't chose the gun in years!

#608 7 years ago

Yea, I don't but family gets on the gun cause it's cool and boom drain and frustration. Lol so the LA upgrade changes that? Also with leds mine strobes hard so I turned dimmed off. Anyone run an ocd board

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

I'll check on this once I get this machine running.
*Just thought I'd post this here if anyone knows about a possible lead to a Dirty Harry left ramp. Sorry in advance for any repetition with this request. Also looking for a target or two. Will pay cash or in hot dogs.
EBay has one I thinking

Parts - WantedDirty Harry Left Ramp pleaseNew!Wanted! “Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has a left ramp for Dirty Harry or knows of someone with one.

*Part number is #A 18604.

This is the ramp that is fed by the top righ...”
4 hours ago Walnut Creek, CA
Wanted
LoveNeverDiesGuy

#610 7 years ago

Also with leds mine strobes hard so I turned dimmed off. Anyone run an ocd board

Incandescent work great in GI

Quoted from Billy16:

I installed an OCD board on the GI circuit and it works great. Backbox now dims and darkens like it should, and I can live with the small amount of remaining insert ghosting. If you want to knock it all down, you could use an OCD board on that circuit as well.

#611 7 years ago

Thanks for digging that up, TL!

#612 7 years ago

We need more reviews to boost dirty harry on the top 100

#613 7 years ago

Installed the lx2 software and still no ball save when you use the gun on your skill shot

#614 7 years ago

Not sure what is going on--I have LA-2 and the saver works with the gun.

#615 7 years ago

If you end the ball without cashing in your multiball you can select the gun on the skill shot of your new to ball shoot the ramp, then it'll load right back into the gun then you can shoot for double jackpot and start your ball with basicly instant multiball

#616 7 years ago

I'm kinda confused right now while working on this game. Isn't there a 6 ball multiball, but the machine only takes 4 balls. Sorry in advance if this was brought up before. Does anyone have the answer? thx

#617 7 years ago

No 6 ball multi.

#618 7 years ago

There's only a drunken rumor that odin got the 6-ball MB once i think.

#619 7 years ago

I'm kinda confused right now while working on this game. Isn't there a 6 ball multiball, but the machine only takes 4 balls. Sorry in advance if this was brought up before. Does anyone have the answer? thx

Only way to get 6 ball multiball is to do a review on dirty harry and boost it in the top 100

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's only a drunken rumor that odin got the 6-ball MB once i think.

It was 4 balls and I wasn't that drunk. It was weird because it played out normally ending MB when one ball was left.

I believe the manual says it is a six ball game, but we all know it's not.

#621 7 years ago

Got this mod on ebay. Pretty pricey but honestly looks great. Easy install and makes your flashers brighter. Even in a bright game like mine it shows just fine

20170215_120410 (resized).jpg20170215_120410 (resized).jpg

20170215_120356 (resized).jpg20170215_120356 (resized).jpg

#622 7 years ago

Hey Dirty Harry owners! Even though I no longer own my DH, watching the World's best Keith Elwin 1st and 2nd balls in this PAPA circuit championship makes me realize how not so good I was at this game! He makes the Super Jackpot shot look easy. I thought I would share this video. Definately a great watch if you want to learn how to score big on DH

EDIT: The final group plays DH as their first table on this video, so it's pretty straight forward!

#623 7 years ago

Got this mod on ebay

What are we looking for here?

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looks like the safehouse and warehouse are lit up

#625 7 years ago

You guys should try a spotlight on the left sling, really helps that side out.

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yea lights inside the safehouse and warehouse

#627 7 years ago

lights inside the safehouse and warehouse

Got it. Missed that at first.
Looks good!

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

You guys should try a spotlight on the left sling, really helps that side out.

I find if you don't clown puke the PF with gaudy horrible overblown lighting you can see the left side just fine

#629 7 years ago

Looks like dirty harry got another good review. Hope it ends up in the top 50 where it belongs

#630 7 years ago

Picked two of these machines up recently. However one died on me after an hours play and gives me the double D20 blink, U8 bad ram. Haven't swapped the CPU board from the other yet but I will soon enough.

It's such a great game. Love it! Even made me rewatch the DH movie series again after about 20 years.

I love the skyline backbox mod. I found it for 35 bucks from some american seller, but they wanted 37 dollars for shipping overseas. No way. Haven't found it in europe. Will have to check out how an extra spotlight looks. You mean to light up the center PF more?

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Picked two of these machines up recently. However one died on me after an hours play and gives me the double D20 blink, U8 bad ram. Haven't swapped the CPU board from the other yet but I will soon enough.
It's such a great game. Love it! Even made me rewatch the DH movie series again after about 20 years.
I love the skyline backbox mod. I found it for 35 bucks from some american seller, but they wanted 37 dollars for shipping overseas. No way. Haven't found it in europe. Will have to check out how an extra spotlight looks. You mean to light up the center PF more?

Yes, if you like playing in a dark room, a spotlight on the left sling helps with the center playfield lighting quite nicely I find.

.... no "clown puke" lighting on this machine ....

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

SKOAL!

#633 7 years ago

lol, Skål friend!

#634 7 years ago

Watching Magnum Force for the second time this week. Damn are those traffic cops cool. I wish the world still looked like the 70s, or 80s. lol

Getting the urge to visit San Francisco, anyone want to house a swede or two this summer?

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Watching Magnum Force for the second time this week. Damn are those traffic cops cool. I wish the world still looked like the 70s, or 80s. lol

That pimp kills the hooker after he checked her stash in both places, Classic!

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Watching Magnum Force for the second time this week. Damn are those traffic cops cool.

Starsky and Hutch they aint.

MF (resized).jpgMF (resized).jpg

#637 7 years ago

That pimp kills the hooker after he checked her stash in both places, Classic!

Brutal kill. Better check the snatch bank too.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Starsky and Hutch they aint.

Harry is such a killer and wants to get rid of crime he's willing to overlook queers in the force just to get the job done and this movie was made in the 70's.

" Tell you something. If the rest of you could shoot like them, I wouldn't care if the whole damn department was queer."

All his quotes are made to shock you into his brutal methods.
Glad, Williams made DH into a pinball machine so I don't have to read threads about best imaginative game theme bullshit.
IMG_0653 (resized).JPGIMG_0653 (resized).JPG

#639 7 years ago

Glad, Williams made DH into a pinball machine so I don't have to read threads about best imaginative game theme bullshit.

"I know a great place for some hot dogs"

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#640 7 years ago

Had a crime wave plus 2 5x playfield promotions game last night resulting in no real points earned and 0 arrests....still fun

#641 7 years ago

Had an ok run yesterday. 750 million. No crime waves or any bells and whistles. Jackpots and robber only. Such a good game!

#642 7 years ago

Just picked up some Cliffy's to fix the ware on this playfield. Also added some red super bands. Still a work in progress...
Cliffy has these for DH, but you have to check the "whats new" section.
GREAT STUFF!
IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG
IMG_0660 (resized).JPGIMG_0660 (resized).JPG

#643 7 years ago

Cliffy has these for DH

I have a set waiting to get installed, but the disassembly and reassembly required looks to be a PITA. Might be a while until I get motivated enough.

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I have a set waiting to get installed, but the disassembly and reassembly required looks to be a PITA. Might be a while until I get motivated enough.

It will be. : ( After I completely tore down pf Cliffy produced these so I had to get them! : ) (Thanks again Cliffy for all you do!) They're still not installed in the holes(which are perfect and would like to keep them that way) only because it WAS a pita to tear down/replace. SO that makes 2 of us. : )

#645 7 years ago

Choked on 1 billion yesterday, was 9 million short. Got nervous.

Tuned in the game perfectly now, adjusted the pf angle, gave the ramps and pf a good wax. It plays beautifully. Man I love this machine. Will never sell it!

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Choked on 1 billion yesterday, was 9 million short. Got nervous.

I've had two and a half billion twice. But it's not easy to replicate that score for sure. I keep trying...

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've had two and a half billion twice. But it's not easy to replicate that score for sure. I keep trying...

Depends on the EB settings...you really have to choke this beast down or it will give them out in droves. That's if you don;t go tournament.

#648 7 years ago

For anyone looking for custom apron cards, these were the best ones I found:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/zach/dh.pdf

Special thanks to Pinball Rebel.

dh apron card 3.pdfdh apron card 3.pdf

dh apron card 4 (resized).jpgdh apron card 4 (resized).jpg

#649 7 years ago

^^^Ditto^^^

#650 7 years ago

it really amazes me how under appreciated this machine is....bump.

Quoted from o-din:

a couple years ago when i used to play it alot, i scored 4.1 billion, got through 2 crime waves, and made 4 arrests. once you get past a certain point in the game you end up with at least 3 factory extra balls i think (on factory settings). I once rolled over the warehouse awards...i think there are 10-15 coded? it was years ago os i forget, maybe it's time to put some more games back on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.