Spent at least 3 hours tonight taping off the white with frisket and mask, and airbrushing it.
Using some createx paints I shook for at least a minute, it was less than great performance.
I tried two airbrushes and feel like they got clogged more I used them.
I got it done, and threw the printout and protector on, looks frickin great!
It obviously took a lot of work to get here, but feel it was a worthwhile effort for very little cost.
Some problems I foresee with the protector:
The rollovers are a tiny bit too low now. It was also a pain to trim around them. I used a drill to cut into it. Will likely 3D print a tiny thin wafer to make them taller.
On the lower end, there's material missing under the ball guides to allow them to slip on. Over time the bare paper will get dirty. May cut some extra material to fill it in, may not.
After tonight a little burned out by the time I've invested into this turd.
However, it feels great to be at a big milestone.
Evaporust/tumble all the hardware
Reassemble the top
Go through all the boards
Rebuild the bottom of the cabinet
So in reality, I have at least a good 6+ hours left in this.DSCN4698 (resized).JPG
I was hoping this would be a quick project, but that never seems to be possible!