New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264288)

The Demon has boarded my Ship, and it's Not Gene Simmons ;) Mephisto!

By CaptainNeo

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by BallyTim
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

503FDA4D-1A81-4E8B-93A4-1F4951E2150A.jpeg
machine 007 (resized).jpg
machine 006 (resized).jpg
machine 005 (resized).jpg
machine 002 (resized).jpg
machine 004 (resized).jpg
machine 008 (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

Been after one of these for around 9 years. Mephisto has boarded. Finally found one and had it shipped over from across the pond. Not an easy find. Love the sound and art package on this game. Very excited to have it enter the collection.

machine 002 (resized).jpgmachine 004 (resized).jpgmachine 005 (resized).jpgmachine 006 (resized).jpgmachine 007 (resized).jpgmachine 008 (resized).jpg
#2 7 months ago

Glad you are getting it Neo ! That game is getting a good home.

LTG : )

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Been after one of these for around 9 years. Mephisto has boarded. Finally found one and had it shipped over from across the pond. Not an easy find. Love the sound and art package on this game. Very excited to have it enter the collection.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Mephisto is in excellent condition ! I see why you are psyched

#4 7 months ago

Those ramps are funky looking! I dig it.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

That Mephisto is in excellent condition ! I see why you are psyched

It has a couple minor issues going on that i'm tweeking out. Really hate these plug and play diodes they put on the switches. Big and bulky. Going to hard wire a bunch of them.

#6 7 months ago

Did you buy the one the guy in the UK was selling? Phenomenal condition. One of my grails but I couldn’t bring myself to pay what he was asking. Hope you ground him down )

#7 7 months ago

Nice find! I played a lot of this on virtual pinball. The sound package was super creepy, and I love the art. A lot more fun than I expected.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Been after one of these for around 9 years. Mephisto has boarded. Finally found one and had it shipped over from across the pond. Not an easy find. Love the sound and art package on this game. Very excited to have it enter the collection.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! The UK guy reached out to me as well but I passed. Definitely for a collector and not someone who would route it for the public like me!

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice find! I played a lot of this on virtual pinball. The sound package was super creepy, and I love the art. A lot more fun than I expected.

This game is AWESOME. It’s a rare find and I’m still a little mad at myself for not grabbing it. Unheard of in the US for one in this condition. I’m a #1 buyer forever at this point. Can’t let it pass me by again

#10 7 months ago

Congrats Neo! Please post a gameplay video when you get the chance. Always appreciate the people who make this hobby their own and find what they like on their own terms.

#11 7 months ago

I will. I want to make sure everythings running good first, and I want to try and figure out the rules a bit too. Has 3 ball multiball

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I will. I want to make sure everythings running good first, and I want to try and figure out the rules a bit too. Has 3 ball multiball

And then fill it full of red LEDs !

Disclaimer : Just messing with you Neo. I know you won't spoil the looks of a great game.

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And then fill it full of red LEDs !
Disclaimer : Just messing with you Neo. I know you won't spoil the looks of a great game.

Yeah, everyone knows purple GI LEDS are the way to go.

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The VPinball version that has youtube videos out there sounds nothing like the real game. They must have done some custom audio for it or something. I much prefer the real game sound/speech.

Congrats Neo, its a very unique game for sure!

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from RazerX:

The VPinball version that has youtube videos out there sounds nothing like the real game. They must have done some custom audio for it or something. I much prefer the real game sound/speech.
Congrats Neo, its a very unique game for sure!

What, really? Now I'm dying to see this CaptainNeo video. Hopefully I hate the audio, so I don't get even more mad at myself for not picking up this great game

#16 7 months ago

razor has one. he could shoot a video while i'm getting mine ready.

#17 7 months ago

this is interesting, would love to see more pictures of the "guts"

#18 7 months ago
Quoted from Langless28:

this is interesting, would love to see more pictures of the "guts"

there's some decent pics on ipdb that you can zoom in on.

#19 7 months ago

here is some video footage of it. Sorry, it was a quick one take, went through the rules kinda quick, and it was difficult to film and throw the ball around. but you get the idea.

#20 7 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here is some video footage of it. Sorry, it was a quick one take, went through the rules kinda quick, and it was difficult to film and throw the ball around. but you get the idea.

Really cool! Yeah those sounds are quite different on the VPX version; interesting!

3 weeks later
#21 6 months ago

and I just got mine today from the UK! Crazy!

503FDA4D-1A81-4E8B-93A4-1F4951E2150A.jpeg
#22 6 months ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

and I just got mine today from the UK! Crazy![quoted image]

That game room looks like what I’m going for eventually. Awesome!

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

and I just got mine today from the UK! Crazy![quoted image]

nice. halloween theme room. Love it. I'm only missing Mystery castle.

#24 6 months ago

Pretty cool to see both you guys have the topper too!

#25 6 months ago

it's attached to the machine and wired in. It's part of the cabinet.

#26 6 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's attached to the machine and wired in. It's part of the cabinet.

A lot of the european ones that were on location appear not to have it

#27 6 months ago

seems like a difficult thing to remove. But i'm sure some locations had too low of a ceiling, so they hacked it off.

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

VERY cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 159.00
$ 66.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
$ 11.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 11.00
Tools
Troxel Repair
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1,099.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside