Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by longwetsocks
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC05274 (resized).JPG
TZ2 Back (resized).jpg
TZ1 Front (resized).jpg
TZ1 Back (resized).jpg
IMG_4312 (resized).JPG
TZ Lock Entrance Reject Fix 4 (resized).jpg
TZ Lock Entrance Reject Fix 3 (resized).jpg
TZ Lock Entrance Reject Fix 2 (resized).jpg
20170106_120637 (resized).jpg
20170106_120701 (resized).jpg
20170106_121048 (resized).jpg
2016-12-31 14.24.15 (resized).jpg
2016-12-31 14.24.03 (resized).jpg
2016-12-31 14.23.47 (resized).jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The previous owner of my first machine claimed to be a TZ whisperer and said he made many functional improvements.

*snrk*

..Ahem. Sorry.

1 year later
#52 3 months ago

I have to say I've made this "mod" too. At first I only used the magnetic tape on both sides, and I wasn't very happy of the result. There were many lock rejection, but at least no more STDM as the geometry of the shot was changed.

Then I found old broken turistic souvenir (the fridge quality) magnet, and used it on the lock flap. You will not believe it. No more rejection, had a blast of a game (about 479.000.000 points... of LITZ champion XD) and he only rejection was because of powerball (at least, it also doesn't go STDM, it goes on the slot machine upper post. Wild as ever, but manageable).

Thank you for this precious tip, it was on my todo list since at least a full year!

1 month later
#53 48 days ago

After reading through all these bounce out fixes, I opted for the most simple one, modified it a bit, and it has solved what was a 90% bounce out shots/rejects.
Now it is 100% no rejects/bounceouts.
Went to Home Depot and bought a selection of magnets and magnet tape but wound up only needing one rectangular magnet out of the selection.
Keeping it simple and more of a hidden fix:
I first tried a neodymium magnet on that angled flap but that was wwaaayyyyyy too powerful as it grabbed and held the ball.
Next I tried the rectangle regular strength magnet. Added double sided tape to the back of the magnet and additionally added a long screw as back pressure/magnetic attract just in case the tape ever looses its tac.
DSC05274 (resized).JPG

#54 47 days ago

I did the exact fix listed above a few weeks ago. Rectangular magnet with some 2 sided tape and bent up my angled flap a little bit to dial it in. 0 rejections.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Duanesburg, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside