Does your TZ lock shot have you down?
Frequent bounce outs?
Have you tried many solutions found online that never seem to work 100%?
Frustrated to attempt the lock shot, right when it matters most- and it bounces out, even if it was a perfect shot?
Look no further. The solution is here!
The lock shot had me down and in the dumps after many repeated failures and bounce outs. The fast lock mode was almost pointless as it would only make the lock shot 25-30% of the time. That is unacceptable, and had to be fixed. A lot of searching on the forums left me with solutions that either didn't work, or required disassembling the machine to the point I didn't want to screw anything up.
With the below solution, I can tell you it works 100% of the time. Yes, 100 out of 100 lock shots will work, and never bounce out. I have tested this, and it works.. no disassembling anything, and about 3-5 minutes of your precious time.
You will need the following:
2) Flexible Magnetic Tape - found on Amazon here http://amzn.to/2iQAsn0
3) Ceramic Bar Magnet - found on Amazon here http://amzn.to/2iQH84s
4) Double sided mounting tape - found on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2hFmKHq
The steps needed to fix the lock shot:
1) Cut the flexible mounting tape to size, and line the insides of the lock shot (shown in below pics.) For the back part that curves, it was hard to get to with my hands, so I used a telescoping magnetic extender tool to reach back there and stick it on.. this is the one I used: http://amzn.to/2itHYrq
2) I then placed some mounting tape on the back of the bar magnet, and attached it to the metal roof under the right ramp/top of lock shot as shown in the pics
The way this fix works is the ball will travel inside the lock shot, and the magnetic tape will slow the momentum of the ball enough for the magnetic tape to assist the ball to curve around the lock shot's back wall. The magnetic force from the strong bar magnet sitting above will help pull the ball around and allow it to consistently drop inside the lock shot hole.
If installed correctly, this completely fixes the shot and you will never have a bounce out again.. period.