Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will most "barcade" pinball locations survive until the COVID-19 pandemic is over?”

• YES, they will still be here in some form 90 votes
      31%
    • NO, many will be forced to close 203 votes
      69%

(293 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46BE20FA-FBC1-4A73-876F-17B79019754A (resized).jpeg
    AE0B1A38-18F4-40D0-A0AD-DA4AE4A9D163 (resized).jpeg
    grim (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    nails (resized).jpg
    E78428AF-E184-4F7F-BE5C-CA8AA4D6B0E2 (resized).jpeg
    E4313C6D-8421-4B58-B12A-ACBA37A5C163 (resized).jpeg
    4EBE3743-994E-4218-B8F5-EBFB4A246968 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpg
    AC54BA28-B1C1-4824-B374-EBD1F4E7EF0F (resized).jpeg
    0AC636C3-9DAE-4D38-9D5C-F71D455B8B75 (resized).jpeg
    1931F659-0679-4E2F-916E-8AA808439874 (resized).jpeg
    7ADFBBB4-A588-4E49-952B-805FE089649D (resized).jpeg
    70b1748a6c1dcf66d22ac5575724cfe8f303ba98 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    C95AC54A-C960-4443-93CD-987B3EC428C3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahbarron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 3 years ago

Title removed the word "barcade". Is Barcade (the registered trademark holder) still sending cease & desists every time that portmanteau is used?

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Funny, I got one of those letters 2 years ago.

I’ve received several. It would be something if they’re still bothering with it at the moment.

#37 3 years ago

Why did you change it from “the death of barcades” to “the death of” to “the death of arcade bars”? Just curious.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Read post #29, maybe Robin did ? It is still in the URL.

Ahh that makes sense. They likely still have the lawyer on retainer.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

The market leader is Free Play Arcade located in Texas. Many locations, understands the market, great business model, and the CEO is an attorney. Guru of foreseeability.

The market leader I’ve never heard of. Googling now...

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

The market leader I’ve never heard of. Googling now...

Looks cool to me. I'd still be pretty skeeved out especially with it being all-ages. Texas fucks, though!

#70 3 years ago

It was weird when it was left blank at “Death of “ for hours

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from LamF:

I don’t know... maybe we are all f*cked.

2020 in a nutshell

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

What area of the medical profession do you represent?

He’s an unregistered nurse, of course.

#108 3 years ago

Having likely had Covid-19 in February that I got from working at an arcade bar, I can tell you that my lungs do not feel the same. I have persistant irritation and cough, but hey guys GO HAVE FUN!

I believe we play with balls around here, jerky.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I really hope the govnt helps these people out with closing doors as me n my wife still work (hospital and jail)and for some reason are getting stimulus checks when all we’re doing is saving $ I don’t get it.

Here is the help I got. 10 cents shy of $4.20 and how many months late? Letter says 7/24 but I just got the check two weeks ago and then this official WH letterhead the other day. Post Office is pretty slow these days...

FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpg

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

real or not, you can't keep shutting shit down. life has to go on as normal.
    there are only 2 choices
    Cure
    or
    let it run it's course however it's going to go.
    That's it. This dancing around bullshit, doesn't help anyone. Just destroys businesses and livelyhoods. It's not going to go away if we stay home. it's not going to go away if kids stay home from school. It's not going to go away if bars, arcades and theaters stay closed. None of this matters. This shit will continue and linger around. We either have to survive through it with our lives continuing as normal, or they need to find a vaccine.

I bet you could get a job in the current administration as a health czar considering you're completely incompetent in that realm and rather good with pinball. We can call you Pin Carson.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Actually I don’t understand why the big guys that make these great machines don’t get together and form a sort of board that concentrated on marketing and giving cost breaks to business owners that are they’re only present marketing agents out there beside the small,small % of people that can afford them for home.I guess like guns ,where would the sales be without the NRA.Im just a regular guy starting out with the love of this but it seems obvious to me Pinball needs to organize.

Stern has #playstrong, which is a hashtag you can use & then they'll retweet you playing your new $6000 TMNT. Needless to say, that marketing campaign isn't doing anything for arcades at the moment.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

At first, I was like... what the he'll!? Then I realized your in a democrat state that is poorly run and taxed to high heaven...I have a sister down there. Sucks, were all praying for ya up here.

This came signed by our president from The White House in Washington DC. It doesn’t have anything to do with California, the governor of California or taxes in California.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cali is burning down.

What does this have to do with arcade bars, their owners, operators or employees?

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

data that... mask wearing is doing very little to curb the spread of Covid-19

Source?

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm not going to link everything I've read and looked at for hours a day over the past 5 months.

Fair enough. How about just one credible source that backs up this claim?

Quoted from TRAMD:

data that overwhelmingly shows that... mask wearing is doing very little to curb the spread of Covid-19

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahbarron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-barcades?tu=jahbarron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.