Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will most "barcade" pinball locations survive until the COVID-19 pandemic is over?”

• YES, they will still be here in some form 90 votes
      31%
    • NO, many will be forced to close 203 votes
      69%

(293 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46BE20FA-FBC1-4A73-876F-17B79019754A (resized).jpeg
    AE0B1A38-18F4-40D0-A0AD-DA4AE4A9D163 (resized).jpeg
    grim (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    nails (resized).jpg
    E78428AF-E184-4F7F-BE5C-CA8AA4D6B0E2 (resized).jpeg
    E4313C6D-8421-4B58-B12A-ACBA37A5C163 (resized).jpeg
    4EBE3743-994E-4218-B8F5-EBFB4A246968 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpg
    AC54BA28-B1C1-4824-B374-EBD1F4E7EF0F (resized).jpeg
    0AC636C3-9DAE-4D38-9D5C-F71D455B8B75 (resized).jpeg
    1931F659-0679-4E2F-916E-8AA808439874 (resized).jpeg
    7ADFBBB4-A588-4E49-952B-805FE089649D (resized).jpeg
    70b1748a6c1dcf66d22ac5575724cfe8f303ba98 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    C95AC54A-C960-4443-93CD-987B3EC428C3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Restaurants are closing as well.
    Doesn’t mean people don’t want to eat.
    People still want to go out and play (I know I do). It just isn’t feasible for me at the moment.
    Sad truth is that not all businesses will fair this the same. As others have said, some will survive, some will not and others will open in the future to fill the void left by those that closed.

1 person wraps the cutlery, 1 person...apparently hot food is risialiant. Imagine 1000 people touching an arcade game in a day, not looking good.
    I bought 2 storage containers for $2k each and stored em in a buddy's insulated warehouse on his farm till this is over.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

And that’s why in not out playing location Pinball at the moment. My desire is there, but until things get better I’m abstaining.
    Was simply commenting that once this is all behind us there will still be a desire for people to play location games. It’s not a passing fad.

It's a little different than restaurants... I would compare it to amusement parks.
    I'm watching Disneyland... and what they come up with for a solution.

1 week later
    #162 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Here is the help I got. 10 cents shy of $4.20 and how many months late? Letter says 7/24 but I just got the check two weeks ago and then this official WH letterhead the other day. Post Office is pretty slow these days...
    [quoted image]

At first, I was like... what the he'll!? Then I realized your in a democrat state that is poorly run and taxed to high heaven...I have a sister down there. Sucks, were all praying for ya up here.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Poorly run, high taxes...but looks like 'Merica is giving her what she needs in some other department huh? Amiright....BRO?
    USA USA USA!!!

She's transferring to a Texas office... It's getting bad in Cali. Shame, loved surfing and Electric skateboarding there.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

holy shit, disaster capitalism: "Eight of the biggest food and beverage companies pay out USD $18 billion to shareholders as new epicentres of hunger emerge across the globe"

Without investors, the hole system would collapse...and alot more people would be starving, way more. I'm up for a go fund me page, I would donate.
    I'm out of a job/income, but I prepared myself for certain situations

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

"If we change anything it will be way worse" is a very comforting thing to tell ourselves in the face of contemporary horrors, sure. But I'm not sure defending people making millions and billions right now really need to be defended. They're doing fine.

I'm simply stating that without invester funds, businesses won't exist which equals joblessness which equals poverty, starvation.
    Without investors, new pinball company's wouldn't exist.

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

In Ottawa we have this amazing place called House of Targ and my friends operate the machines there. http://www.houseoftarg.com/
    The operators got invited by local brewery Big Rig (named after Ottawa Senators defenceman Chris Phillips) to put machines in their brewery ( https://pinballmap.com/ottawa/?by_location_id=13666 ) which resulted in a very cool lineup: Addams Fam, Getaway, Maiden, IM, Jurassic Park Pro, Bridge of Pinbot 2.0, and Tron
    so then Big Rig starts making beer for Targ: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDmYGDmhKcx/
    and now during the pandemic Big Rig is hosting a Targ pop-up market as a place to sell their perogies: https://twitter.com/HouseofTarg/status/1297085985239506949
    Cool to see 3 businesses help each other out and keep the cash flowing during these pandemic times.

Been to the House, great beer, great concerts, great place!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-barcades?tu=Lamberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.