You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!!!!TWD2.jpg
10451739_10203864464925003_1252506742290232069_n.jpg
rick_happy-an-actual-tiger-to-join-the-cast-of-the-walking-dead.gif
1925183_342148505956459_1221884506701750331_n.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinder:

This is a pro, yes. No actual crossbow, just the light on the right ramp.

So when you hit the right ramp when crossbow is lit does it activate a mode and a shot or certain shots are lit?

#52 9 years ago

No idea. in 1.05, the light never comes on.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

No idea. in 1.05, the light never comes on.

I meant the people that have played 1.07. I am in the same boat as you playing 1.05.

#54 9 years ago

Yes, it starts a timed mode with cool music and a black out effect. The mode lights up a number of shots (such as the tunnel shot and left orbit) for some significant point values (I only got it started once, so I don't recall the exact values). I do remember the cool music on it though, and the lighting. e4mafia - could you upgrade to 1.07 code on your machine and try it out?

#55 9 years ago

Code is not up on Stern's site yet.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So when you hit the right ramp when crossbow is lit does it activate a mode and a shot or certain shots are lit?

When crossbow is lit on the right ramp, you hit the right ramp and it lights up 3 shots (right ramp and the left 2 orbits I believe) and you have to hit them on the very next shot. That's it. Hit it and get 2 million or miss and get nothing. If you hit it, there is a nice animation of a zombie getting taken out with the arrow.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

When crossbow is lit on the right ramp, you hit the right ramp and it lights up 3 shots (right ramp and the left 2 orbits I believe) and you have to hit them on the very next shot. That's it. Hit it and get 2 million or miss and get nothing. If you hit it, there is a nice animation of a zombie getting taken out with the arrow.

Cool. Thanks John.

#58 9 years ago

F' Mortimers! I too walked in there with my son several months ago around noon on a Saturday because I had heard they had some great games there. He's only 10 and I'd never dream of bringing him to a dumpy bar like that in the evening, but a Saturday early afternoon seemed fine. I figure we'd go there, play a couple hours of pinball, grab a burger and some sodas, and have nice father-son day.

Within 30 seconds of walking in there, this rude waitress said "No kids allowed, he'll have to leave". I looked around and there were literally 3 people sitting at the bar and the rest of the place was dead. My son was really bummed, but I explained that was their rule.

So we drove an extra 20 minutes up to Blainebrook and I spent $50 on pinball and another $50 on food and drinks.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

F' Mortimers! I too walked in there with my son several months ago around noon on a Saturday because I had heard they had some great games there. He's only 10 and I'd never dream of bringing him to a dumpy bar like that in the evening, but a Saturday early afternoon seemed fine. I figure we'd go there, play a couple hours of pinball, grab a burger and some sodas, and have nice father-son day.
Within 30 seconds of walking in there, this rude waitress said "No kids allowed, he'll have to leave". I looked around and there were literally 3 people sitting at the bar and the rest of the place was dead. My son was really bummed, but I explained that was their rule.
So we drove an extra 20 minutes up to Blainebrook and I spent $50 on pinball and another $50 on food and drinks.

lol I like how she phrased it, "He'll have to leave." You, you can stay, but send your son out to the car or something.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

lol I like how she phrased it, "He'll have to leave." You, you can stay, but send your son out to the car or something.

Exactly! And my son is such a good kid, he goes "If you want to play a few games Dad, I'll wait outside".

Oh well, we hit up places like S.S. Billiards, Sunray, and Blainebrook at least once a month. I'm even taking him out to NYC with me next month to play at Modern Pinball NYC. That place is so awesome and I know he'll love it there.

#61 9 years ago

Possibly you should have called ahead. There are a lot of bars in the twin cities that don't allow minors at any time. Your lack of planning or knowledge is no reason to say " F Mortimers". Not everyone is entitled to do whateved they want. The waitress could have had a bit more class when asking you to leave, but I think you little harsh. Glad you still got to get some pinball in at Blainbrook though. Good folks up there. Also, Sunray was close to you too. Bummer SS Billiards was closed for the remodel. Happy pin hunting!!

Brian

#62 9 years ago

Maybe I should have called. Didn't some guy get murdered outside that place a couple years ago? I was bummed because we had talked about going there for a couple weeks and this was right around the time that Mustang had just arrived, so we were excited to try it. I guess when I saw "bar and restaurant" on the sign outside, they'd let anyone in. With establishments competing for every dollar and customer, you'd think they'd want the business. Oh well. There's a lot of places to spend my money, but I know Mortimers will never be one for me.

But I'm more psyched that there is someone in Farmington with 33 machines in their house! Holy sweet! Dang -wish we were friends so I could come over and kill some time while my kid is at basketball practice tonight. Nice collection!

#63 9 years ago

For what it's worth, there's a few pins at Cafetto a few blocks south (Currently T2, Xmen, and Twilight Zone) and you and your son should be able to play there.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

For what it's worth, there's a few pins at Cafetto a few blocks south (Currently T2, Xmen, and Twilight Zone) and you and your son should be able to play there.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll check it out.

#65 9 years ago

Farmington had a hatchet murder about 50 years ago. I'd be careful coming here.

Maybe I should have called. Didn't some guy get murdered outside that place a couple years ago? I was bummed because we had talked about going there for a couple weeks and this was right around the time that Mustang had just arrived, so we were excited to try it. I guess when I saw "bar and restaurant" on the sign outside, they'd let anyone in. With establishments competing for every dollar and customer, you'd think they'd want the business. Oh well. There's a lot of places to spend my money, but I know Mortimers will never be one for me.
But I'm more psyched that there is someone in Farmington with 33 machines in their house! Holy sweet! Dang -wish we were friends so I could come over and kill some time while my kid is at basketball practice tonight. Nice collection!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

You've probably played some of them already if you've ever played out at the State Fair at Pinball on a Stick...

#67 9 years ago

I Really want 2 Play TWD Pro so Bad ,,, cause if I like it ,, 1 will be on the way !!

And I'm Really lOOk-n 4-ward to re-Led-n it !! Double Leds Out and Cointaker Frosted's N ---

The Banker's LE is Not leave-n Stern for another week , Stern has Run N 2 a Problem w/ the LE 's

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Stern has Run N 2 a Problem w/ the LE 's

what problemo??

#69 9 years ago

The Banker told me Earlier 2-day but I 4 got ,, I think it was the p/f plastics or something .

I'll call him 2-morrow and ask again .. I'll B back

#70 9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! We'll check it out.

Awesome.

For the record, I'd like to put in a good word for the people that throw together events at Mort's - the op, D&G puts in a tremendous amount of time and energy (and money) by having a stellar line-up and maintaining these games, and pinsiders LesManley and Policano have done a lot of good work promoting and running these events.

I understand your disappointment, but even without the "no kids" rule, I wouldn't be comfortable bringing children to Morts. I know the guys usually have a "21+" disclaimer on their posters, and it looks like it was overlooked this time around.

There's a lot of money tied up in those games, and those games are in a location that makes money. It may look better to you to want the machines placed somewhere more family-friendly, but if they're in a place that doesn't turn the op a profit, it's hard for him to justify putting them there in the first place. It takes a lot of quarters to pay for a $5,000 machine AND make a living. And believe me, the op is working on these machines constantly.

It's not an easy business, and while it's easy to say "F' Mortimers," I'd just like to thank those involved for making these events happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dead-walk-in-minnesota/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.