(Topic ID: 219669)

The Daytona Arcade Museum in Daytona Beach, FL (Now Florida Arcade Museum)

By Crash

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180628_115414 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180628_115501 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180628_115446 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180628_115452 (resized).jpg
    08267830-15C4-40E4-A900-E4B25A390587 (resized).jpeg
    E9536835-63E8-4EBA-8E96-C2EFDD69B07D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11469-daytona-arcade-museum-daytona-beach-fl

I visited this location today and everything about it is perfect. The price is reasonable, the games are in good working condition (aside from a few which are awaiting parts or repair), the music videos are appropriate but not too loud, the staff is friendly, and the fresh made pizza is wonderful. I discussed the business and its history with the owner's wife and evidently the building used to be a movie theater in the 50s, followed by several night clubs which opened and were shut down by police in the following decades. The last one being the Coliseum, which interestingly enough has quite a bit of ancient Roman style theming which happens to fit the museum setting very well.

The room is spacious and well organized. The owner was constantly resetting the games, adding credits, and performing other maintenance. The rest of the staff was very approachable and sociable. It also includes a sample of the famous New Mexico Atari 2600 landfill artifacts. These are displayed in a case and we were told it was very difficult to obtain these. I was honored to be able to see something so historic!

The main floor consists of mostly 70s and 80s arcade games and pinball machines, plus a few console games from the 80s and 90s, including a PS2. All arcade games use authentic CRT monitors except for one where an original monitor could not be sourced. Also, the console games were set up with period correct 1989 CRT TVs purchased from a school system surplus auction. There is also a redemption section at the front of the arcade.

I would strongly recommend this place to anyone remotely interested in any sort of video game history or who just wants a day of classic arcade action!

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions Deadlander! This is my last day here so I won't have a chance to check out anything else. But I and I'm sure others in the area appreciate the info.

I bet I know of one place you don't, have you been to Cow Lick's? It's an ice cream shop in Daytona with a small game room and a few late 90s/Pinball 2000 games.

I didn’t even know about the museum until I found a brochure at the local theater. I saw a lot of videos on YouTube including local TV news spots in the last year or so they have been open (since April 2017).

#4 5 years ago

Ok I lied, I’m at Cafe One now on my way back home. Holy new, old, and shiny pins Batman!!

08267830-15C4-40E4-A900-E4B25A390587 (resized).jpeg08267830-15C4-40E4-A900-E4B25A390587 (resized).jpegE9536835-63E8-4EBA-8E96-C2EFDD69B07D (resized).jpegE9536835-63E8-4EBA-8E96-C2EFDD69B07D (resized).jpeg

#6 5 years ago

The machines at Cow Lick’s were better about 3 years ago. I think the owner has them as they are never rotated and don’t have any operator info on them. But yeah the Frankenstein mech has been broken the last 2 years I’ve been there and there are GI issues/dirt that gets cleaned only occasionally.

#8 5 years ago

Hey Karl, glad to see you in I guess what has now become the "Pinball in Daytona" thread! We enjoyed the games, and I played Dialed In for the first time in two years since I originally played it at the 2016 Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Franklin, Tennessee. I actually stuck a napkin over the camera only to find out the camera is turned off anyway. So thanks for turning that off. Attack from Mars Remake was AMAZING and it was only the second time I've seen one as well. One minor issue with Diner, there is a drop target not registering. I think it's the hot dog one. Also, I know this isn't your fault but several games had jammed coin slots or slots that would return quarters. Whirlwind was not playable because of that, and I dig the paint! But I did see a group of kids, which I'm sure are responsible for screwing up the coin mechs.

I also enjoyed looking at the old playfields you have on the wall. Were one of those from a previous game you had on route there? I noticed from the games list there were several more Bally/Williams games before you put the new games out.

1 year later
    #11 3 years ago

Does anyone know if this place is open right now? The Facebook page shows they are in St. Augustine renamed as Florida Arcade Museum. The last update I see was from February saying they closed for the virus. I don't see a phone number and would love to check the place out again while I'm here for the week. I emailed them.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/FloridaArcadeMuseum/posts/?ref=page_internal

https://arcadeexhibit.com/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-daytona-arcade-museum-in-daytona-beach-fl?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.