Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

expotimes.JPG
    image.jpg
    expo2.jpg
    Expo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Acejedi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Having been to multiple shows in the west USA

Pin-a-go-go - people start packing up @ 2:00 - most machines stay until the end @ 5:00 on Sunday

California Extreme - You'll see games usually start trickling out @ 5:00 - with a lot of games staying until after close @ 9:00 on Sunday

Zapcon - Everything stayed until 5:00 on Sunday

Whats the deal with Expo? - Probably since more people are coming in from out of town for Expo - they take off work Weds, Thurs, Fri and go home on Sunday - If Expo were a weekend only show you would probably have people that dont pack up until the show is over - Expo is a unique situation

This is the best point made, I am a big exhibitor at CAX and at PaGG and CAX is a 4 hour drive one way for me and I usually bring 12-15 machines. Games stay till the hall closes on Sunday and the show closes. Ive been doing shows well over a decade and this is how it always is here on the West Coast. Sucks you got hosed like that but now you know and at least you didnt get charged for admission, I totally get those that had a long drive but it should be posted on the flyer that games leave early as well as exhibitors on sunday. I know we do that on our flyers here at these shows. I was even in Seattle last year and clear out started on sunday after the show closed. Sucks either way but it sounds like this is the norm for this show. Next year make sure you go early to see everything.

Joe(acejedi)

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

This is pretty typical of nearly all shows. Sunday is usually not the day to go. There were some exceptions like PPE and the Ann Arbor pinball shows... no games leave. Sunday has the same number of games as friday at show open. probably a unique situation though, but it ensures that a sunday visitor gets just as much pinball as a friday visitor.

This is not the norm out here on the west coast, If the show is advertised for sunday the show is still full for the most part unless exceptions are made for certain people before the show starts saying certain games will leave early, and that is made very clear on the event flyers. So it might be a normal thing for midwest and east coast shows, but all the shows here on the west coast if advertised for a Sunday we keep the show pretty much fully running till end of the show. That being said Exhibitors and vendors may start getting ready to pack up and hour or so before show concludes but NEVER 5 or 6 hours before show ends.

Joe(acejedi)

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

The difference that everyone is overlooking is that these shows listed are Fri-Sat-Sun shows or Sat-Sun. Expo is Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat and Sunday. With 2 day shows it is easier to wait until later on Sunday to tear down since you just got there the day before. After being at Expo for 5 days, people are ready to get the hell out of there on Sunday.

Hold on a Minute I do California Extreme and I exhibit A LOT of games and it takes a long time to setup, The show is Saturday and Sunday but Setup Starts On Wed night and usually takes 2-3 days to be ready, when your dealing with setting up over 600 pins and vids we do not roll in on friday morning and set up and open Saturday. CAX for me starts wed morning and ends monday night.

Joe(acejedi)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Acejedi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-day-not-to-go-to-expo?tu=Acejedi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.