• Bad 5 votes
    10%
  • Mediocre 18 votes
    35%

(52 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Just looking for opinions!

#2 4 years ago

It has some interesting things, and some dumb things, but I always enjoyed playing it.
It has the bridge thing on the left, that's even worse than RCT troll, but it has the crane which is such a great toy.
It can be a bit wood choppy collecging gear, but yeah i think it's kind of fun.

never owned it though

#3 4 years ago

My first NIB
The crane is a great toy

Its a good, but not great machine

#4 4 years ago

Crazy i know, but I prefer it to B66. Not all time great, but it’s solid and I always enjoy playing it. Theme is obviously great too.

#5 4 years ago

It’s not bad, it’s horrible!

#6 4 years ago

It’s mediocre, leaning to bad.

Just not very fun or satisfying, and even mediocre players can go forever on it stringing multiballs together. It’s also drab and ugly with a pedestrian sound track, display, and call outs.

You could do worse but just Not a very memorable game.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It’s not bad, it’s horrible!

Considering your Pinside ID, how disappointing is it?

#8 4 years ago

Interested in the replies here. As a huge (movie) Dark Knight fan I Really want to like this game and it does look great but everyone tells me to stay away from this title. As a Below average player I'm not worried about long ball times. Is it just not fun to shoot or is there something not fun about the layout?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Interested in the replies here. As a huge (movie) Dark Knight fan I Really want to like this game and it does look great but everyone tells me to stay away from this title. As a Below average player I'm not worried about long ball times. Is it just not fun to shoot or is there something not fun about the layout?

Layout is serviceable if unexciting. Game suffers from “multi ball over and over, with multi ball slightly harder to get” each time syndrome, so it becomes repetitive quickly. It’s wood choppy.

#10 4 years ago

Still enjoy mine... It's easy to approach with lots of stacking multiballs. The crane is a really fun toy and I agree that the sound package is horrible but the aftermarket sound mod makes it 10 times better. I'm an average at best player and I find the shots and layout good and rewarding with the exception of the batmobile ramp on the left.

#11 4 years ago

I wanted to like this game as I loved the movie, so I got a really nice one that was all pimped out by the previous owner. As I recall the crane was fun to bash, and it was fun to play overall, but what killed it for me was the terrible character voices and music not even close to the movie. I know some guys have addressed the music sucking, but I think the voices are the same.

Sold and forgotten, but oddly enough I think my former machine is currently on the market.

sandiego.craigslist.org link

#12 4 years ago

I believe there are two different sound mods out there, any knowledge on which is favored if either?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Zplumb:

I believe there are two different sound mods out there, any knowledge on which is favored if either?

Search pinsider Mcpit

#14 4 years ago

If ever a game could do with a code update it is BTDK. It is really easy to finish all the modes except one and that one is a right bar steward.
Shame as it has a decent layout and the crane is cool.
Oh that tippy thing on the left is crap and pointless.

#15 4 years ago

Bash me if you want but I sold it and wish I didn’t. Sometimes you feel like a game that has depth, but not too much, is challenging but not too much, and theme matches personality. Those hit for me. I liked the crane, the art, I modded it a bit, and really enjoyed it. I did go to tron from there, but still miss it. I’ll buy it again if given opportunity and funds /lineup align

#16 4 years ago

I still have it after buying a HUO one which was only a few weeks old!
It's a pretty decent game which I always enjoy playing even though the gameplay isn't great and the speech is quite bad

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

....and the speech is quite bad

*bad batman voice* "jaaackpot!"

3 weeks later
#18 3 years ago

I picked one up for a friend a couple weeks back. I'm about 30 games in and enjoying it so far. Remind of transformers but less of a grind with more multiballs. Complaint would be terrible voice acting and missions feel the same. Hit the same flashing shot over and over. Agree with previous comments on the batmobile ramp thing blows and the crane is one of the best toys in pinball. Overall fun game so far.

#19 3 years ago

I like mine . NIB shipped with code that was very poor . Disruption game flow while machine thought over what to award while ball was locked . Fixed with newer software . Crane shots very nicely adds random direction ball path after impact . If considering purchase spend some time on the game . Your opinion ( and wife ) only one that counts.
Enjoy the day SHANE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dark-knight-good-or-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.