IMG_20140401_173150_527.jpg
image-871.jpg
image-125.jpg
image-749.jpg
image-971.jpg
image-560.jpg
image-577.jpg
image-416.jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I have been working on this Matrix pinball for a while now... Granted The Matrix is already a totally customized machine, but I wanted to add some more custom work to this Incredible machine. With an imagination, some ideas, talking to a lot of people and some fabricators. The Customized Matrix is finished. I just wanted to show everyone how it turned out. I am uploading a video of some game play, so it is coming.

This machine will be shipping out to its owner shortly.... I know he is going to love how it turned out.

Thanks everyone that help me put my Ideas to life.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20140320_165446_129.jpgIMG_20140320_165446_129.jpgIMG_20140320_165519_381.jpgIMG_20140320_165519_381.jpgIMG_20140320_165430_325.jpgIMG_20140320_165430_325.jpgIMG_20140320_165410_427.jpgIMG_20140320_165410_427.jpgIMG_20131209_181956_266-257.jpgIMG_20131209_181956_266-257.jpgIMG_20131210_124322_547.jpgIMG_20131210_124322_547.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Here are a few more pictures of the Matrix.

IMG_20131020_205703_628.jpgIMG_20131020_205703_628.jpgIMG_20131112_140803_924.jpgIMG_20131112_140803_924.jpgIMG_20140320_165439_133.jpgIMG_20140320_165439_133.jpgIMG_20140320_165529_550.jpgIMG_20140320_165529_550.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Wow, Steve, that looks great! But I would expect nothing less.

What pin did that start life as?

Congratulations!

#4 10 years ago

This machine was a Johnny Mnemonics, Pinovating Pinball did the conversion from the JM into The Matrix. A good friend that purchased this machine and wanted me to add some extra mods to it. So over the past few months of work and getting 100% custom parts made, it is now finished. This machine look, sounds and captivates you like no other machine that I have ever played in all of my years (25 of them) in pinball... It is truly a work of art.

#5 10 years ago

Great work Steve. Amazing. It's just incredibly disappointing that Pinnovating will not bother to find a way to get the code/game to the masses. They're just going to let it die with a few machines. I offered good cash for code but they don't want to bother with licensing and don't want the hassle of emails, questions. Fine. They could have given back to the pinball community and just made the code available for free (open source freeware? DIY project?) IF nothing else but apparently aren't going to. They made a great game though. I hope someone else makes another Matrix that can actually be shared with others.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I offered good cash for code but they ....

Curious what is considered good cash these days.

#7 10 years ago

Sweeeeet! Er um I mean Pinovating!

#8 10 years ago

This is my Big Bang Bar! (No drool emoticon available).

#10 10 years ago

mine's next...

#11 10 years ago

Amazing Job, Steve!

#12 10 years ago

Amazing is an understatement for this machine.... Off the charts and unbelievable is what it is like to see and play it..... Here is the video, sorry I had to hold the camera and cheat to show it. I will try to take another video of it before it is shipped out to its owner.....

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Great work Steve. Amazing. It's just incredibly disappointing that Pinnovating will not bother to find a way to get the code/game to the masses. They're just going to let it die with a few machines. I offered good cash for code but they don't want to bother with licensing and don't want the hassle of emails, questions. Fine. They could have given back to the pinball community and just made the code available for free (open source freeware? DIY project?) IF nothing else but apparently aren't going to. They made a great game though. I hope someone else makes another Matrix that can actually be shared with others.

While I agree with your sentiment, you don't have to have such an entitled attitude about it. It's basically a fan project...they don't owe anything to anyone. Maybe they're still exploring possibilities

#14 10 years ago

"Are you listening to me Neo? Or were you watching the woman in the red dress?"

#15 10 years ago

Steve, you did an amazing job.

I'm a little jealous now (-;

#16 10 years ago

Topper????

#17 10 years ago

The game looks friggen amazing. Awesome theme, toys, sounds, layout, art...basically it has it all. Someone needs to mass produce these.

#18 10 years ago

Yeah. How cool is that?

#19 10 years ago

Looks nice

#20 10 years ago

Steve. Great job! Just wondering if you can go into a little detail regarding what makes this game so immersive? Sad so many of us will never get a chance to play it. Thanks, Ant

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Amazing is an understatement for this machine.... Off the charts and unbelievable is what it is like to see and play it.....

I was fortunate to see and play it and I have to tell you it is so cool - It is almost like you are in the movie, the animations, lights, everything - great job Steve

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I agree with your sentiment, you don't have to have such an entitled attitude about it. It's basically a fan project...they don't owe anything to anyone. Maybe they're still exploring possibilities

I guess it's always hard to convey emotion in a post or email. I don't feel entitled. I just feel disappointed as I stated.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Curious what is considered good cash these days.

I threw out an offer of $2500 for just the code, nothing else. I probably would have gone higher if they countered. I think they're afraid of supporting the code (and the countless email questions that would come with it) and the licensing issues. But licensing isn't an issue if you "give" the code away (for a donation, for example.) And I personally wouldn't have expected any support.

#24 10 years ago

how awesome is this game, thanks for sharing

#25 10 years ago

I saw the pin at Steve's house, it's amazing, there has been so much work put into it someone is getting a work of art.

#26 10 years ago

That thing is SICK.

The sour grapes feeling is understandable though. It might be a one-off and the creators can do what they want, but so many people were excited for this and then it didn't go anywhere. What a bummer.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

That thing is SICK.
The sour grapes feeling is understandable though. It might be a one-off and the creators can do what they want, but so many people were excited for this and then it didn't go anywhere. What a bummer.

I know they can do whatever they feel like and that's fine. But how cool would it be if they just put the code out there as freeware for pinball DIY'ers?? There would be zero licensing issues if given out for free. It would create a huge buzz I think. We could have a whole community of folks making their own Matrix games and sharing ideas. Now THAT would be good for pinball. Heck, they've already stated they're not building any more games and have zero plans to do anything more. So why not just put the code out there for free?

#28 10 years ago

Totally amazing! I've been following this for awhile and it looks totally complete now.

The amount of work to create this must have been enormous! I would love one of these in my basement... I'm a big fan of the movie.

WTG! You must be very proud of your creation. Gameplay looks exciting.

Any chance you live near CT and want me to come over and play??? Looks fun.

#29 10 years ago

fantastic work, great to see all those extra artwork and LED colors, it's a beauty

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

There would be zero licensing issues if given out for free.

Huh?! How do you figure?

If they give away Matrix sound and video assets for free there's no licensing issues? In what universe?! Warner Bros is just going to ignore it?

May as well distribute the movie, sounds, and music in some sort of 'peer 2 peer' sharing system where we can all just give copyrighted assets away for free...

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I know they can do whatever they feel like and that's fine. But how cool would it be if they just put the code out there as freeware for pinball DIY'ers?? There would be zero licensing issues if given out for free. It would create a huge buzz I think. We could have a whole community of folks making their own Matrix games and sharing ideas. Now THAT would be good for pinball. Heck, they've already stated they're not building any more games and have zero plans to do anything more. So why not just put the code out there for free??

I don't want my thread to go off topic from why I started it... I wanted to show everyone this version of The Matrix and the mods that I did to it. It took me a lot of time and getting others involved in making these one of a kind mods for this machine and with that said....

Sorry, but I have to disagree with giving the Matrix code out for free or even selling it . If this was to happen and "YOU" were one of the very few people that were fortunate enough to purchased the Matrix machine from them and believe me this machine cost big money . And now everyone can build there own version of the Matrix. I feel it would looses all of its originally and uniqueness and Totally loose its value. I would be very upset if Pinovating Pinball did this, because everyone and anyone can make some form of a Matrix pinball and have it running on the same code that your "TRUE" Matrix machine is running on.

Also the owner of this Matrix is planning on taking it to pinball shows and allowing the Pinball Community to see and play this Incredible machine. I feel that is awesome that he is willing to risk his very rare machine to let others to enjoy it. He could just keep it in his collection and only family and friends would get to enjoy this work of art, but he is not.

I will post some more videos soon for everyone to see this machine....

Steve

#32 10 years ago

HOLY SHEEP-SHANK!!! Awesome job yet again. BUT, would you expect anything less?

Does ANYONE do it better than the Refinery? Uhhhh I think not.

#33 10 years ago

Yes I have a Matrix Topper and sorry I did not show it... But the topper will not fit in my game room, because I have a clearance issue . I will show it off before the machine is shipped .

Steve

#34 10 years ago

I don't want my thread to go off topic from why I started it... I wanted to show everyone this version of The Matrix and the mods that I did to it. It took me a lot of time and getting others involved in making these one of a kind mods for this machine and with that said....
Sorry, but I have to disagree with giving the Matrix code out for free or even selling it . If this was to happen and you were one of the very few people that were fortunate enough to purchased the Matrix machine from them and believe me this machine cost big money . And now everyone can build there own version of the Matrix. I feel it would looses all of its originally and uniqueness and Totally loose its value. I would be very upset if Pinovating Pinball did this, because everyone and anyone can make some form of a Matrix pinball and have it running on the same code that your "TRUE" Matrix machine is running on.
Also the owner of this Matrix is planning on taking it to pinball shows and allowing the Pinball Community to see and play this Incredible machine. I feel that is awesome that he is willing to risk his very rare machine to let others to enjoy it. He could just keep it in his collection and only family and friends would get to enjoy this work of art, but he is not.
I will post some more videos soon for everyone to see this machine....
Steve

Once again. We aren't gonna do a kit.
We aren't gonna sell or give away the software.
It's just the way it is.

If you wanna play it, you have to visit a show where the US owner brings it or play it in the Netherlands on several occasion like the Dutch pinball open on 1&2 november.
I've brought it to the expo last year, Belgium pinball open, dutch pinball open, and NERG (UK)
Probably i'm gonna take it to some others events.
Another Dutch owner is bringing it to the UK with Easter at a big event there.

Steve, Again. You did an amazing job.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Once again. We aren't gonna do a kit.
We aren't gonna sell or give away the software.
It's just the way it is.
If you wanna play it, you have to visit a show where the US owner brings

If there is an "owner" in the US then you have already done one or the other ... you either sold it or gave it away, no? Sounds contradicting to me, but okay, understood.

#36 10 years ago

I actually love that this game exists, is super rare, and not everyone can have it. Our culture has turned into nothing but entitled babies who think they should have access to something just because they have the money for it. No matter how much you tip the maitre'd, you're not getting a seat in this restaurant...I like that.

And Hemi is right...the buyers were most likely told you will have one of 3, or one of 5...that's all. And they probably spent like $15,000 for one. The only person who has any right to be upset is the Movie Studio, but why would they care? Their franchise is now one of the rarest pinball machines ever and it's drumming up nothing but free press for them. Now, a mass produced game would be sweet, but then it would just be another mass produced game and it would not be that special.

The world needs more limited, limited games. Needs more stuff we "can't" have...We need, as a society, to hear the word "NO" more often. Otherwise we grow up and act like spoiled, entitled babies our whole lives. Well done HEMI, game is ridic and I can't wait to play it sometime in the future.

#37 10 years ago

Zucht, ik krijg er echt de scheit van.

Use Google translate on that one

#38 10 years ago

Sigh, You are tired of this sh.t???

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

AWESOME!! Thanks for all your hard work and making an awesome machine!!!! I feel blessed to have seen and played it and see it at expo - thanks again

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Its saying you spelled schijt wrong. What's up with that?

BTW, great work on the game.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Steve, Again. You did an amazing job.

Thanks.... But you did 99.99% of the work, I just gave it some eye candy . I feel privileged to have worked on this project and enjoyed playing the Matrix over the past few months.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

... entitled babies who think they should have access to something just because they have the money for it. No matter how much you tip the maitre'd, you're not getting a seat in this restaurant...

... one of 3, or one of 5...that's all. And they probably spent like $15,000 for one.

So it does matter how much you tip, you just need to tip high enough and know the right people, as with anything in life.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

So it does matter how much you tip, you just need to tip high enough and know the right people, as with anything in life.

This is true.... But sometimes trust has to play a part in it as well.

#44 10 years ago

What Kaneda says to every pin deal that's offered to him.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

I sure as heck don't speak German, but am I right in thinking that loosely translated this means...STFU???

#46 10 years ago

This is true.... But sometimes trust has to play a part in it as well.

All that being said... if bartering in trust alone, I could cover the cost. Sadly that other pesky part of the equation is well beyond my means hehe

Please call the waaaahmbulance... I want one of these badly. Would be sweet next to my LOTR, another awesome theme. Would be cool to play one though just for the experience too

#47 10 years ago

Das ist sehr schone. Wunderbar!

#48 10 years ago

UPDATE.....

Well, I did some MAJOR sweet talking and the owner of the Matrix is letting me bring the machine to the Michigan Pinball Expo 2014. I will have it with me in my booth that Koz is setting up for me. I am planning on attending the MPE on Friday April 4th and Saturday April 5th. This way it can been seen and played, nicely before I have to ship it to him. I am planning on bring my tricked out Metallica Pro and having some mods to sell.

See you there,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20131020_210914_885.jpgIMG_20131020_210914_885.jpg

MPE-2014-Flyer.jpgMPE-2014-Flyer.jpgmpe2014_logo_slide2.jpgmpe2014_logo_slide2.jpg

1 week later
#49 10 years ago

Here is the finished Matrix with all of the mods that I added to it... Video of the topper and chrome gun were added..... It is a very short video showing this.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20140401_173150_527.jpgIMG_20140401_173150_527.jpg

#50 10 years ago

It's insane. I wish I had the money to hire you for 6 months creating something unique. Pretty cool opportunity you had there and do hope people with deep pockets hire you for more of these one of a kind products. With all the great feedback people are giving you here quite sure you will get more of these to do. Saddly we might loose a lot of your time for our Refinery Editions. Bah still have my Met Pro numero 4 Refinery Edition and got all your mods for my AC/DC Premium and these are my 2 best pins. So happy happy happy.

Great job Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-customized-matrix-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.