(Topic ID: 27225)

The Custom Indiana Jones at Disneyland. Have You Seen it?

By Phetishboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8751 (resized).JPG
24663965-03BD-4738-B02F-9DD3B95DACAA (resized).jpeg
CDF0DC65-5A36-4C55-9761-598723302C8F (resized).jpeg
wAdJV_400 (resized).jpg
AA6411A8-CA7A-417D-8D15-28FE33E2A332 (resized).jpeg
DA1B2CA3-C686-4D51-888A-A78ED6D2B030 (resized).jpeg
escalatorside.jpg
northwall.jpg
westwall2.jpg
westwall.jpg
southwestwall.jpg
backwall.jpg
dsc0536m.jpg
dsc0534ju.jpg
dsc0533jm.jpg
indianapinball.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Probably the most fitting customization of a pinball I have yet seen. Sorry if it's been posted before, but I love the old wood and worn leather look. Last time I was there, it was still sitting in the gift shop outside of IJ: the Ride.

indianapinball.jpgindianapinball.jpg dsc0533jm.jpgdsc0533jm.jpg dsc0534ju.jpgdsc0534ju.jpg dsc0536m.jpgdsc0536m.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I've seen pictures of it a couple years back. It would be cool if you could buy a kit like this

#3 11 years ago

Oh yeah, saw that when I was there a few years ago. Absolutely killer. Wish they do a POTC all decked out like that.

#4 11 years ago

Too bad the machine itself is in terrible shape. It's practically unplayable

#5 11 years ago

That is beautiful.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

+1, but who goes to Disney to play pins?? Awesome though...it wasn't there the last time I was in Disneyland, but maybe it was just getting serviced.

#7 11 years ago

I've been thinking about giving my Congo a similar treatment, starting with the bamboo legs. I would think if you could router a nice channel in the back of the bamboo, it would work well on the side rails and around the back box as well. I'd stain it darker and age it a bit, but I think it would fit the Congo theme better than that old world worn wood would.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

but who goes to Disney to play pins??

Me.

I'm headed to Disney World/Orlando 1 month from today, and am already hunting down where the best pins are. That's what happens when there are literally no pin machines (other than the 3 you and your parents own) within a 200 mile drive. Plus we have no kids and have been to Disney like 5 times in the last 10 years, so will give us something new to do when we get tired of the rides.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Absolutely no excuse for this! VERY un-Disney-like!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Me. []

I'm headed to Disney World/Orlando 1 month from today, and am already hunting down where the best pins are. That's what happens when there are literally no pin machines (other than the 3 you and your parents own) within a 200 mile drive. Plus we have no kids and have been to Disney like 5 times in the last 10 years, so will give us something new to do when we get tired of the rides.

Go to DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney. They have a floor full of pins.

#11 11 years ago

Disney should start hiring pin techs LOL

#12 11 years ago

That is one way to address cab fade

#13 11 years ago

Ill be going to DL in Nov, and I assume that tape will still be on the 2p coin slot... If it is, I'll get a pic with it and add it to this thread

#14 11 years ago

At disney quest recently. Pins in horrible shape, grimed with dirt, slings not working , balls just roll off them. I was really looking forward to some beer and pinball but I walked away after 3 games.

#15 11 years ago

Most of the pins are in the arcade/gift shop near space mountain. Unfortunately, as of this Spring they were not in great shape. The Revenge From Mars had terrible flippers, the POTC was out of order, Roller Coaster Tycoon worked pretty well and I played that most of the time. The Shrek at Universal was out of order. All the other machines in the arcades looked great, but the pins need some attention.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

+1, but who goes to Disney to play pins?? Awesome though...it wasn't there the last time I was in Disneyland, but maybe it was just getting serviced.

I have been guilty of that at the starcade. It makes complete sense, spend a grip of cash to get in and spend more at the Arcade.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I've been thinking about giving my Congo a similar treatment

This is a fantastic idea. Please do and share.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Last time I was there, it was still sitting in the gift shop outside of IJ: the Ride.

Yup - showed up there with the ride. It goes on and off stage as they attempt to repair it here and there.

As for pins at Disney being jacked up, I've explained it before but in a nutshell the seasonal nature of theme parks makes it really tough to keep up with pin repairs, as it is extremely difficult to 'seasonally' hire the people that know what they are doing enough to fix these when they are the busiest. The usually play better if you can get there during the down season and they can fix them up, but when you've got 40k+ in a park daily with no breaks, it becomes rather difficult. It's the nature of the amusement park industry, which ironically is one of the places where coin op machinery still does the best, but is nearly impossible to really maintain.

Also, I hate IJ the game, but if I somehow had the chance to get that particular machine, I totally would. It would fit perfectly with all of the Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye stuff I've collected through the years

#19 11 years ago

i was just there at disneyland last week and sadly there was no indie pin to be found

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i was just there at disneyland last week and sadly there was no indie pin to be found []

I heard it left for a few months last year, but then reappeared. I bet it is just off getting some repairs again somewhere else, and it will eventually show back up.

#21 11 years ago

The machine is back in it's location ENDOFLINE and yes, it has been cleaned.
I'm tempted to bring a small adjustable wrench for that POTC though... All of the leg levelers are in and the floor isn't really level to begin with. (Really floaty...)
When Flynn's was around I used to play there all the time. Now the games are just sitting there on the abandoned second level above the Starcade. I can spy the Cyclone folded in the corner but, no TRON LE.

#22 11 years ago

I am headed to WDW next week, will let everyone know what I see when I am there.

#23 11 years ago

very nice, looks go well with the theme.

#24 11 years ago

Seen it but after my last vacation there. So have not played it. I really like the look of that cabinet.
Just not the leg bamboo.

#25 11 years ago

Blondetall . . . talk with 'Crash' here in Pinside. He recently played the pins at DW. He doesn't live far from you in Lebanon, TN.

5 months later
#26 11 years ago

Hey Pinside!
Just updating this old thread with some good DL arcade news! (from my 3-26-13 visit) They finally put some of the Flynn's Arcade games BACK into PLAY on the lower level of the Starcade!
(@ Disneyland...)
(They were being stored on the second floor of the Starcade after Flynn's Arcade closed down.)
Fingers crossed, this is just the beginning of the Starcade's rebirth!
Here are some pics to enjoy!

Back wall...
backwall.jpgbackwall.jpg
Two Fix It Felix Jr.'s to play
southwestwall.jpgsouthwestwall.jpg
Cyclone (out of order : \ )and TRON-LE (missing "LE" plaque and weak upper flipper) No sign of the old POTC.
westwall.jpgwestwall.jpg
Next to pins...
westwall2.jpgwestwall2.jpg
More games.
northwall.jpgnorthwall.jpg
Row along non-working escalators...
escalatorside.jpgescalatorside.jpg

I will also update/add this info to the Pinside map as well.

#27 11 years ago

My wife and I were at Disneyland on Feb 25th this year and the IJ was at the gift shop. Unfortunately, it was out of order. Wally

#28 11 years ago

The IJ is currently working but the right flipper needs a rebuild STAT! (Hell, BOTH of them do! LOL.)
The ball lock is also on the fritz again, as well as some other misc IJ things.
Since I didn't have a piece of paper (or a pen) to put a note under the lock bar, I just told the lady at the cash register the issues...

I'm sure it'll get fixed. *sigh*

#29 11 years ago

Is the sideart from the Disney IJ from an older pin? Or, is it new?

#30 11 years ago

It's just a custom design.
Why? Probably to protect the game to a degree... (since it's pretty close to the outdoors.)
Plus, it looks super bad-ass!
It fits the theme nicely and has held up pretty damn well for going on almost 20 years!

#31 11 years ago

Why Disney doesn't totally spotlight the Tron games is beyond me, but nice to see all the games in this recent update no less.

#32 11 years ago

Custom done in shop by Disney for when the gift shop opened with the ride.

My old co-worker's father was VERY high up the ladder (he retired) at the resort. That IJ is not going anywhere soon, and if it does there is supposedly a long list of who gets dibs

#33 11 years ago

Thanks for the update NimblePin.

#34 11 years ago

The POTC was owned by Namco, while these games are owned by Disney.

#35 11 years ago

heh nimble.... thanks for the starcade update! i think our passes are blocked for the next couple of weeks for spring break (ive got the cheapo pass). once april hits i'll def be heading over there for some gaming.

Quoted from NimblePin:

The IJ is currently working but the right flipper needs a rebuild STAT! (Hell, BOTH of them do! LOL.)
The ball lock is also on the fritz again, as well as some other misc IJ things.
Since I didn't have a piece of paper (or a pen) to put a note under the lock bar, I just told the lady at the cash register the issues...
I'm sure it'll get fixed. *sigh*

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i think our passes are blocked for the next couple of weeks for Spring Break

Don't worry EOL,
You're not missing ANYTHING, it was/felt like 90 percent capacity on Tuesday. Even DCA was packed!
Let spring break pass and hit it before the summer crowd takes over.
April rainy days are some of the best days to enjoy DL with ample elbow room.

#37 11 years ago

yeah dude, i hear you. disney at 90 percent capacity is f'in crazy. wall to wall people, feels like you are walking through the park like a herd of cattle. i'll be patient and wait. gonna take the kids to atlantis park instead tomorrow (should be way more chill )

oh... and nothing beats magic mountain in april too! gonna try to hit mm up in late april on a week day/ sick day (after spring break is over). love that place.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Don't worry EOL,
You're not missing ANYTHING, it was/felt like 90 percent capacity on Tuesday. Even CA was packed!
Let Spring Break pass and hit it before the summer crowd takes over.
April rainy days are some of the best days to enjoy DL with ample elbow room.

1 year later
#38 9 years ago

Sorry for the necro bump. I was just wondering if the logo on the sidearts is a reference to anything in the movies?

3 years later
#39 6 years ago

I actually tracked down this machine. Beautiful custom woodwork. Game is in decent shape, though flipper angle is a little oddly steep. Fun to see.

DA1B2CA3-C686-4D51-888A-A78ED6D2B030 (resized).jpegDA1B2CA3-C686-4D51-888A-A78ED6D2B030 (resized).jpeg

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I actually tracked down this machine. Beautiful custom woodwork. Game is in decent shape, though flipper angle is a little oddly steep. Fun to see.

Where is it? I was just at Disneyland and while I can't say I remember to look for it in particular, I know that where it had been it was not...

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Where is it? I was just at Disneyland and while I can't say I remember to look for it in particular, I know that where it had been it was not...

They have it in an eating area near Bengal BBQ in Adventure Land. It's often put backstage for repairs and takes a while to show back up again.

5 months later
#42 5 years ago

Is the game nowadays still in the Indiana Jones souvenir store? I hope to get a chance to see it IRL.

Edit: The souvenir shop is being demolished I read. Is the game setup somewhere else? Adventureland Bazar or in the restaurant?

2 months later
#43 5 years ago

At Disney and the Indy Shop is gone. Any idea if the pin is hiding out somewhere in the park?

#44 5 years ago

I spoke with someone last month at Disneyland and they said during the remodel of the gift shop the pin was removed. I’d love to find it, but they said it wasn’t coming back to the park.

#45 5 years ago

Nah, it was still there playing after the remodel for “indoor” seating/dining by the Bengal Barbecue. It was just put on the opposite side of the room more towards the front entryway.
I played it earlier in the year but it sadly, has been gone for a little while now...

I check in on the space every other week usually so, I’ll update this thread if I see it again and give a condition report if it’s in service.

Here is the last pic I took of it.

AA6411A8-CA7A-417D-8D15-28FE33E2A332 (resized).jpegAA6411A8-CA7A-417D-8D15-28FE33E2A332 (resized).jpeg

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah, it was still there playing after the remodel for “indoor” seating/dining by the Bengal Barbecue. It was just put on the opposite side of the room more towards the front entryway.
I played it earlier in the year but it sadly, has been gone for a little while now...
I check in on the space every other week usually so, I’ll update this thread if I see it again and give a condition report if it’s in service.
Here is the last pic I took of it.
[quoted image]

Yes. Keep us posted please!

#47 5 years ago
wAdJV_400 (resized).jpgwAdJV_400 (resized).jpg
#48 5 years ago

Was just there last spring...please find out what’s up.
Bring Indy back out Disney!!!

CDF0DC65-5A36-4C55-9761-598723302C8F (resized).jpegCDF0DC65-5A36-4C55-9761-598723302C8F (resized).jpeg

#49 5 years ago

Check out how long that rear leg leveler is on it in the last pic! That wasn’t a good spot for it!

2 years later
#50 2 years ago

I just found out about this machine. Is it still at Disneyland?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-custom-indiana-jones-at-disneyland-have-you-seen-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.