• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

179C3855-2042-4D01-81EC-60C525027D0F (resized).jpeg
20190218_143428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220513_170540 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I had to put down my 12 year old Jack Russell Millie yesterday . My wife and I are devastated by this loss. . She was battling lymphoma for a year but she finally lost the battle yesterday. If it wasn't for her chemotherapy she would have been gone long ago so I'm thankful for that.
She started having problems breathing yesterday, and I couldn't have her suffer like that. It's going to take awhile to heal this huge whole in my heart. I hate how I get so attached to an animal , because dealing with the loss is almost too much for me anymore!
Here's a picture of my little sweet heart sleeping with her stuffed animal. She's also the little dog that's in my Pinside Avatar.

IMG_20220513_170540 (resized).jpgIMG_20220513_170540 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I’m Sorry for your loss.

Millie is waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

#3 1 year ago

It’s been almost 15 years since I lost my last dog. Still miss her. She only lived to 10 because of cancer. Those were a great 10 years though. Dogs are such a gift.

#4 1 year ago

I am sure most here have lost good friends,I know I have lost many and it never gets easier!

#5 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss. Try to remember the good times with her.

#6 1 year ago

I'm sorry you lost a loved one.

LTG : )

#7 1 year ago

‘Tis a curse but I’m always thankful for the great times. I know you had many. Rest easy. Love to your whole family.

#8 1 year ago

Very sorry for your loss. I know just how you feel right now, we lost our cat Willie three weeks ago today. I found this quote recently and it helps me to feel a little better:

“Grief, I've learned, is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.” - Jamie Anderson

#9 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss. Looks like she had a happy life

#10 1 year ago

It's hard to lose a pet. When I had to put my dog down, it helped to remind myself that our pets rely on us to do what's best for them. You did what was best for Millie.

#11 1 year ago

Lost my dog Nov 6th 2020.. can't replace him nor a day goes by I think of him with fond memories. They leave a large void when they leave us however we have given an other pup a loving home..
Not a replacement but yet a happy loving member of our family.
Feel your pain as many here do...
Condolences.

#12 1 year ago

It sucks to have to make that decision, so sorry for your loss.

We had to put Shadow to sleep 11 months ago today, 6/14/21, after almost 20 years of fun and love.

20190218_143428 (resized).jpg20190218_143428 (resized).jpg
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I had to put down my 12 year old Jack Russell Millie yesterday . My wife and I are devastated by this loss. . She was battling lymphoma for a year but she finally lost the battle yesterday. If it wasn't for her chemotherapy she would have been gone long ago so I'm thankful for that.
She started having problems breathing yesterday, and I couldn't have her suffer like that. It's going to take awhile to heal this huge whole in my heart. I hate how I get so attached to an animal , because dealing with the loss is almost too much for me anymore!
Here's a picture of my little sweet heart sleeping with her stuffed animal. She's also the little dog that's in my Pinside Avatar.
[quoted image]

Very sorry for your loss. Truly.
My cat is the second most important thing in my life, I never understood this more than I do today.

179C3855-2042-4D01-81EC-60C525027D0F (resized).jpeg179C3855-2042-4D01-81EC-60C525027D0F (resized).jpeg
#14 1 year ago

Feeling for you brother. Nothing hurts more than this.

#15 1 year ago

So very sorry. We've lost several pets over the years and
it never gets easier. One pup is quite old and fading now
and wonder how much longer he'll be around.

Don't be too sad, remember the great times you had together.
And don't forget you gave him a happy home. My feeling
has always been as long as we remember them they are
not really gone.
Steve

#16 1 year ago

I still get sad when I think about my old dog who I had to put down in his prime. He was a rescue, and the transition from being tentative and uncertain to faithful, loyal and loving was unforgettable.

I feel your pain for sure. It will get better in time.

#17 1 year ago

So sorry. it's very tough to lose a loved one. Millie is smiling looking down.

#18 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for your kind words ! I know people who don't own a pet, probably think it's ridiculous when they see a pet owner grieving over the loss of a pet. I wasn't going to post about losing my little sweetheart for that very reason. But I just had to bring it up anyway.
It still amazes me how a human and a pet can love each other like they do? I've lost several dogs in my life,and it's always a nightmare when they leave us. I knew for a year that this day would come,and I was hoping that she'd pass away in her sleep. It really is a pet owners curse,when you have to decide to end your beautiful friends life !
Thanks again everyone!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-curse-of-the-pet-owner?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.