Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Products (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 4 years ago

Great honest post. Most important thing is build quality and quality components. I don’t get too hung up on theming. Theming is very subjective to the individual and much harder to rate IMO. I think some people are a bit tried of “ Dont say anything negative to those building new machines or they will quit building and we will have no new machines”. There may be a pinball resurgence but if prices keep going up at the same time quality is going down business for new machines could eventually go in the tank. So saying nothing will backfire IMO. Do I see some unreasonable expectations from some? Sure but most complaints seem to quite reasonable to me. I mean bad PFs being put into machines over and over. Give me a break. This stuff has to stop...

#75 4 years ago

Seems like two camps when it comes to build quality. Those who played before the year 2005 are kind of disappointed by quality and those who started after 2005 are mostly OK with the quality as they just know the new standard for quality. Certainly not everyone will fall into these two groups but there is definitely a gap in the way of thinking about quality.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

I played pre-2005 and am happy overall with Stern build quality. Games aren't loaded with mechanical goodies and molded plastics like the 90s games but they are very reliable to operate. Now they also are the best looking, and in my opinion the most fun to play.
    I think that JJP makes games that are more comparable to the 90s games in terms of toys, and mechanical features but far less reliable to operate.
    Currently have a Houdini from American pinball. All good so far, we will see how it holds up long term.
    Can't speak to Spooky as I have only played a few, never operated one. TNA rules though!

Thanks for your feedback. In the end I believe these discussions are a good thing for the community as a whole.

#81 4 years ago

One likes to believe
    In the freedom of pinball
    But glittering prizes
    And endless compromises
    Shatter the illusion
    Of integrity,…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-current-state-of-pinball-manufacturing?tu=Extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.