23 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who would you like to see make this game?”

• Jersey Jack 2 votes
      18%
    • Spooky 7 votes
      64%
    • Stern 2 votes
      18%

(Multiple choice - 11 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The-Crow-750x422 (resized).jpg
    brandon-lee-the-crow (resized).jpg

#1 23 days ago

The Crow is such an iconic film of the 90s, not to mention the comic. I think this film would make for a great game.
    It definitely needs to have the soundtrack included (so good!) and they could get Ernie Hudson (Sergeant Albrecht) to do the call outs since he's no stranger to pinball..

I can see it following the story of the first film, complete with clips from the movie.

Game opens with a brief intro of the events from Devils Night setting up Eric Draven's death and then cut to a year later with the crow tapping on the gravestone and Eric awakening beginning the game.

As Eric, the player sets out on his quest guided by the crow to avenge his and Shelly's death by going after each of the perpetrators responsible: Tin-Tin, Funboy, Skank and T-Bird. The Player can do side missions like collecting things like the engagement ring, as well as blowing up Gideon's pawn shop and also helping Darla (Sarah's mom).

Final Wizard battle with Top Dollar, Myca and Grange to save Sarah, and then returning to his grave for the final rest.

I think it would be a killer game!
    The-Crow-750x422 (resized).jpgbrandon-lee-the-crow (resized).jpg

#2 23 days ago

As much as I love The Crow movie, and teared up a bit at the end seeing it in the theater, I don't think you can really overcome the morbid reality that the actor died in real life during filming. Yeah they later did a tv show that was decent, but adapting the film with Brandon Lee into a pinball machine (with him going into his grave) just doesn't seem respectful of his memory. That sounds like a big stretch but it's just how 'I' feel.

#3 22 days ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

As much as I love The Crow movie, and teared up a bit at the end seeing it in the theater, I don't think you can really overcome the morbid reality that the actor died in real life during filming. Yeah they later did a tv show that was decent, but adapting the film with Brandon Lee into a pinball machine (with him going into his grave) just doesn't seem respectful of his memory. That sounds like a big stretch but it's just how 'I' feel.

Well, I'd argue the opposite that it would celebrate his memory and his performance. The character and the story lives on in multiple forms of media nearly 30 years after the tragic accident on the set of the film. I can respect your opinion, but I disagree with it being disrespectful. The film never would've come out if others felt that way, and both his mother and his fiancée were supportive of the film being finished. I'd hope the company would donate proceeds from the game's sales to the gun safety program set up in Brandon's name, as well as the other charities that Eliza and the Lee family are involved with.

#4 22 days ago

There’s really no reason they couldn’t go with Jim O’Barr style art - after all, that’s what the movie is styled after anyway. Hell, he may even agree to participate.

The film is absolutely one of my favorites too, and I’m sure it would make a killer game. But make no mistake - between the soundtrack licensing, the film licensing, Brandon Lee’s estate .. it would be a huge uphill battle

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside