Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 6 years ago

Well Fridays continue to be awesome thanks to this new pinball build. Kudos to you guys for barely letting off the gas after the Minions build and slamming the pedal to the floor on this one. Very entertaining.

4 weeks later
    #484 6 years ago

Well crap... just poured a nice IPA and sat down to enjoy todays update...

tumblr_o7505iZzAP1v4a8wfo1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_o7505iZzAP1v4a8wfo1_500 (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #720 6 years ago

Same here I think the convertible although you made it a difficult choice because both of them look really awesome.

2 weeks later
    #947 6 years ago
    Quoted from tryton1000:

Thinking about smoke under the glass, you may need to put an exhaust fan in to blow it out, or you my never see the ball..

Ahh, read post #942 above...they have a plan to do just that.

#948 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

We also have a nose shape pencil sharpener..
    Mic wants to make a smoking nose

This post freaked me right out !!! Just the day before last Thursday I was at my in laws looking in a drawer for a screwdriver to remove a broken door handle...and there was the very same nose pencil sharpener!! I picked it up and thought "how cool, never seen one of these before". So when I saw you guys using one the next day I yelled out "holy $#!t"

#1080 6 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

Wire it up to 5v for the Crazy Mansion attract mode. Zap em, now that's crazy.

Now that is a great idea!! Just made me think, how about a game mode or multiball mode where you have to hit targets that are blinking on a timer, if you don't make the shots in time you get a little jolt thru the flipper buttons or the corners where your palms are resting...

1 month later
    #1723 6 years ago

2 weeks later
    #1835 6 years ago

Count me in for an autographed shirt!

#1840 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fooped:

I meant what I said. I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I think these guys have awesome energy, and build some really cool stuff. I was being sincere.

I got your back Fooped, the amigos are the coolest. Catching up on the Friday thread every week, it's a nice diversion from the stress of an average work week. Pour a nice quality beer and see what's happening, its something I look forward too. Who else takes the time to document their build with a weekly update? You can count on the amigos for an entertaining live update including responses to our occasional posts and actually taking our feedback to heart and incorporating it into the build. Pretty awesome stuff. Three beers to the Pinball Amigos !!

2 weeks later
    #2031 6 years ago

'Control panel overlay' is the graphic sheet you need to restore the control panel.

#2092 6 years ago

At a local barcade this morning for the Founders beer 20 years celebration. Barrel aged beers and breakfast...and look what they have!! Never played one till now.

IMG_1929 (resized).JPGIMG_1929 (resized).JPG

#2094 6 years ago

Breakfast poutine, flite of founders, CBS release, 2015 Blushing Monk...the CBS is superb.

IMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1925 (resized).JPGIMG_1925 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1920 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPG

IMG_1927 (resized).JPGIMG_1927 (resized).JPG

#2095 6 years ago
    2 months later
    #2761 6 years ago

I hereby declare Friday the 13th of April,
    "Black nail Friday."

Great fun tuning in again Amigos, best thread on the web !!

2 weeks later
    #2921 6 years ago

Just had my Friday evening beer/crazy mansion update session. A lot of great progress today, entertaining as always. Those air brush effects Mic did look great, the 'concrete' really looks cracked and weathered. That mailbox, freakin' awesome!!

4 weeks later
    #3209 6 years ago

Another awesome update Amigos!! The details on the roofing shingles look great! Nice job cutting the holes for the fans so uniform with a handheld jigsaw, I am no good with that tool. I can already see the game filled with smoke, strobes flashing like lightning, and then you send the ball up the left ramp and trigger those fans to clear it all out...

#3285 6 years ago

Hahaha,hey...we are not the patients dude!!!

Hey it is a Good Friday! You guys really, really should film and be featured in some cheesy B movie cut scenes for the display. You gotta do it. Thanks for the free entertainment!

#3293 6 years ago

Adjustable slope on lower playfield is an insane and awesome idea. That hasn't been done before i'm sure. The pinball amigos can handle it...

#3314 6 years ago

Okay hold up...no nail polish today ?

#3319 6 years ago

Today,exactly today,i am clipping the last piece of crappy nail !
    Who is the lucky winner!

Cosmokramer, I think? It isn't me for sure

#3342 6 years ago

You guys take an idea last week and make it a reality today. Even if you don't 'play' with it lowered,just for full screen video is cool. Playing a ball on it while it is moving would be crazy.

#3352 6 years ago

An XL will work just fine for me. When do the shirts go on sale for the rest of us chumps?

#3426 6 years ago

There you go showing of your jigsaw skills again! Coin door placement is great, didn't see that coming for some reason. Will there be an option to have a shirt signed like you did for cosmokramer , i'm jelous now...maybe for a small extra fee or just for asking cuz you guys are rockstars and thats how you roll? Count me in for an XL either way.

#3427 6 years ago

Also may I suggest a beer for next Friday... Lagunitas yearly 420 release, it is well worth seaking out.

IMG_2965 (resized).JPGIMG_2965 (resized).JPG

#3449 6 years ago

Dude...this is hard...

That's what she said

#3454 6 years ago

When my wife and I were dating in high school, I came home wearing one sock many a night.

#3476 6 years ago

So Swillie wants a black shirt with back logo and swinks an orange one and wjxxxx wants 2 shirts , jezus,we are not gonna start a t shirt business

just-do-it-michael-myers-halloween-tshirt-large_1 (resized).pngjust-do-it-michael-myers-halloween-tshirt-large_1 (resized).png

#3509 5 years ago
    Quoted from skondris:

I just found this thread a couple of weeks ago as I started looking around for folks that were doing homebrews since I decided in january that this was the year I would finally tackle this crazy project and try to make my own. I haven't been super involved with pinside until I came across this thread.
    It's been a blast catching up on all 71 pages of this insane crazy mansion adventure!! You guys are amazing and a huge source of encouragement for me!
    I'm particularly interested in everything you guys do in learning the FAST system as I think that's the one I'll end up using in mine once I get to that point. I don't have any donor machines to part out, so it'll be a "from the ground up" build, too. So, don't hold back on sharing what you're learning with the FAST system, ok? I hope you don't mind if I start PM'ing you with a gazillion questions once I get in the programming portion of my build. Seriously tho, you guys rock, it's so freaking fun to come in here and see all the stuff you guys think up and just crank out like it's nothing - you move so fast?!?!?!!
    I still have no idea how you can drive your Tesla, Bas - aren't you legally blind now with all the welding you do without any goggles? hahahah!!
    Keep up the awesome work! I'll be following you all the way!

While you're at it you might want to go catch up on their first project...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday

You'll never look at a store endcap the same way again .

IMG_2931 (resized).JPGIMG_2931 (resized).JPG

#3524 5 years ago

QRJRFTB0HkSZoW_xrT7uLM76I9HrArasJoS1O3Xbjtc (resized).pngQRJRFTB0HkSZoW_xrT7uLM76I9HrArasJoS1O3Xbjtc (resized).png

1 week later
    #3582 5 years ago

At the VFW show so this Friday about evens out on the entertainment scale in your absence

#3607 5 years ago

WOW !! That is a really pink plane. Please don't die on us now, Bas.

#3624 5 years ago

Hey !
    We are totally right on time okay

Mic is here and he brought me an awesome present!

You can keep your skull whisky decanter and glasses in there!

1 week later
    #3707 5 years ago

great work guys! stoked about the shirt, I will take a week off of work and just pull up a lawn chair by the mailbox and wait for it...

#3720 5 years ago

cosmokramer send back the shirt and gifts...open the polls...this aint over yet!!!

#3725 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

It's Friday! Prepare for an earbleed

#3778 5 years ago

"Special delivery" !

IMG_3453 (resized).JPGIMG_3453 (resized).JPG

IMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3454 (resized).JPG

#3835 5 years ago

So the lower playfield angle will not be moving while a ball is down there? just lowered to show cut scenes? Else you will end up with a ball in the cabinet.

#3851 5 years ago

Wow, that wire guide is so simple, works perfect.

1 week later
    #3919 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Look what I got the other night !!!!! Had to have a beer to celebrate !!

Shirt looks great, La Fin Du Monde is world class!

#3993 5 years ago

So...that lower playfield...what are you going to be shooting at?? drops, or standups? Can you squeeze an orbit loop down there? Also will you use separate flipper buttons or just one set and the basement flippers only activate when a ball is down there...

1 week later
    #4027 5 years ago

I'm stuck workin' a double shift...will have to have fun vicariously through this thread today. No booze allowed

#4089 5 years ago

The pinball amigos crazy video of the week:

It is a Dutch vid,but you’ll catch up fast

LMFAO!!

1 week later
    #4203 5 years ago

looking rather Michael Myers like...

3 weeks later
    #4484 5 years ago

I had a feeling you would switch Lord Grimms eyeball to servo control after last weeks update. Are you going to use those 3 buttons for the flippers? Upper, lower, but what will the 3rd button control?

#4547 5 years ago

“Hey joe,where are the guys?”

Cool surprise update! Enjoy your holiday!

2 weeks later
    #4715 5 years ago

That looks awesome. Are you planing to do hand drawn artwork for the playfield on this pinball?

3 weeks later
    #4969 5 years ago

2 months later
    #5512 5 years ago

It's black nail Friday !!

2 weeks later
    #5648 5 years ago

I scored me nice bottle of Benriach!
    People,this to me is the holy grail.
    Look for this brand,it is so smooth!
    Cheers!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

So I have been sharing the Friday builds with my coworker Pat...she paid attention my friends, and gifted me this bottle for my 50th birthday this week. My first BenRiach, it's the heavily peated version and is fantastic! My new official Friday sipper while I catch up on both builds, so my thanks to you for the great gift idea for me, haha!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #5978 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

have a great one guys and look forward to the 2019 adventures
    as for the coffin I studied and looks like the ball:
    - up through the vuk
    - into the coffin
    - hand grabs it and moves it forward to what ill be a hole soon
    - drops down into the ball launcher
    - ball shoots up around the 3/4 circle loop around the coffin spring and into the playfield for game play
    if correct, love the creativity

I believe you are correct Swinks and thanks for explaining this, but let's see if the Amigos agree...anyway it is like a mini Rube Goldberg machine, making the balls return from the basement unnecessarily complicated just for fun, really awesome. Now last weeks work adding the right inlane ball save kicker makes sense.

#6047 5 years ago

Are you gonna mount the top part of the coffin lid (the part you have cut off) in a permanent open position?

#6066 5 years ago

One (2 part)question though..who is Keith Elwin and why is his autograph...like..really horrible?
    [quoted image]

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=1

#6125 5 years ago

Right now,time for Iron Maiden!!
    The kickback issue will solve itself next week,we’ll move it under the pron or sumrin,we’ll figure it out
    [quoted image]

I was thinking just that, move the coil under the apron with an armature of some type coming into that space to kick the ball. Another entertaining Friday build!

2 weeks later
    #6258 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sharing my thought on your kickback, a gate that opens on feature for the middle would be cool, or a bounce back post for some drains?

How about when the kickback activated a curved gate above could stay closed, or randomly or purposefully open momentarily and redirect the ball on varying paths downward toward the slings, left or right flippers, ect. Hell maybe in that moment the left flipper button could be used to choose where the ball goes...
    Kickback redirect gate.jpgKickback redirect gate.jpg

#6260 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wow! Havent heard of that one! Great idea!
    Are you thinking that the curved metal is flexed to different positions, or even Random, so the kickback location varies?
    Could the Amigos code a random generator for Coil strength to go with that?

Yes, have a curve of rail swing out... maybe even have targets on the right and you have a moment to control that gate position with the flippers to hit a kickback skillshot...

2 months later
    #7119 4 years ago

Hey, you guys go ahead and work while I sit back with a cold one and watch

2 weeks later
    #7290 4 years ago

It would take me at least an hour to run through there

#7402 4 years ago

Wish we had beam-a-crisp-internet...And we’d share more of course, pass it on...
    Man! Now i badly want this beam-o-net to be invented!!

How 'bout a beam-o-safety meeting??? Great fun today, thanks for sharing your Friday fun with us as usual!

1 week later
    #7501 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I think you guys ought to hang onto that Mexican hat bowl. I see it as a 'toy' in the middle of a play field. You hit a major jackpot, or a Final Wizard Mode and the music starts playing and the lid opens and there's a pinball in there!
    How the ball gets in and out of there is YOUR problem to figure out! I just give you the starter ideas! Ha.

A The Pinball Amigos themed pinball !!

1 month later
    #7951 4 years ago

Without further ado...the smoking mansion from hell...

IMG_6700.GIFIMG_6700.GIF
    1 week later
    #7966 4 years ago
    IMG_6761.GIFIMG_6761.GIF
    #8033 4 years ago

I thought the ball was going to hit that upper playfield but it just clears it...this is really coming together

#8062 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey Bas!
    Every Week you are looking Younger! Whats your Secret?
    (My apologies to the rest)

It's the hair, dude the hair!!

1 week later
    #8195 4 years ago

I was thinking last week just wait till you guys realize you need to mock up a full size version of the rooms in the backbox for the video sequences... and this week we have videos. Super awesome fun today, and that minion UFO looks perfect what a great idea!

1 week later
    #8216 4 years ago

You are on vacation, but still keep us shmucks in the loop on what is happening in three amigos world...thank you!!! Enjoy you holiday and look forward to Fridays as always!

1 month later
    #8762 4 years ago

Pintucky no offense but can this thread hi-jack be over please? Let's keep the best thread on pinside relevant.

3 weeks later
    #8971 4 years ago
    IMG_7597.GIFIMG_7597.GIF
    2 weeks later
    #9096 4 years ago

'What shirt to wear today'...oh yeah it's Friday one less thing to think about!

IMG_7714 (resized).JPGIMG_7714 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #9233 4 years ago

I hope it fits guys..[quoted image]

That's what she said.

1 week later
    #9306 4 years ago

Beard fashion rules![quoted image]

That should be printed on a line of clothing, lol

#9337 4 years ago

Do you guys know the russian roulette Doritos?
    Some are superhot and turn your tongue blue..[quoted image]

Are those new? Never seen them here but my boys would get a kick out of those.

1 week later
    #9447 4 years ago

This pin already looks super fun to play and we are not even seeing what the upper playfields do, the coffin inlane, the moving lower playfield and display screen in action...awesome.

Question...will the ufo only drop the ball into the pipe to the lower playfield? Could it be possible to drop the ball early, on the main playfield or the upper playfield? I was thinking of a scenario where when the ufo grabs the ball a quick mini game starts on the screen...maybe a ufo is trying to pick up cows, and you use the flipper buttons to control the ufo and grab the cows or the cow trying to evade capture or something (ufos and cows may have been done already but you get the idea). Then you have to survive the video mode for the ball to make it to the basement.

2 months later
    #10039 4 years ago

Happy Birthday and glad you all are back at it today, much fun as always...cheers!!

1 week later
    #10127 4 years ago
    9CD248C8-2399-4D8B-9B5B-415046BEBAF0-2179-0000036E3AD50E27.gif9CD248C8-2399-4D8B-9B5B-415046BEBAF0-2179-0000036E3AD50E27.gif
    2 weeks later
    #10285 4 years ago

Alright enough screwing around, get to flipping this thing and see if the shots all flow!! Lmfao

2 weeks later
    #10384 4 years ago

Thanks for keeping Friday's great! I was thinking about the talking heads...would it be possible (or just a stupid idea ) to use them in a mini game mode somehow, where they could be controlled by the player using the triple flipper buttons. For a simple example one of the heads sings a few notes or funny words and you have to make the other head repeat it using the 3 buttons on that side. Like Simon says, gets faster and more notes each time you succeed. Maybe something more original but you get the idea.

2 weeks later
    #10439 4 years ago

So i went to the supermarket with my daughter,we were confused by the empty crisps shelves opposed to the full juice / vitamines shelves

Lol it is a strange time, certain items the stores are just wiped out of but there is plenty of food overall. Never have I had to wait in a line for the grocery store to open in order to get the things we need. Stay healthy!

B3861E72-E9C3-4414-A7FC-CF51038456B5-5882-00000AF8F416F014 (resized).pngB3861E72-E9C3-4414-A7FC-CF51038456B5-5882-00000AF8F416F014 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #10868 3 years ago

Another day, another new way this thing is messing with our life.

3 months later
    #11826 3 years ago

Has it really been 3 years? They say time flies when your having fun and you 3 have been making our Friday’s just that so I guess it’s true. Thanks for sharing your build and taking our input along the way, felt like being a part of this project not just a spectator. The Amigos rule!!

1 week later
    #11852 3 years ago

It’s Friday! Oh wait, oh yeah it’s just another friday like the ones from 5 years ago sans Amigos.

4 months later
    #11963 3 years ago

At this point I don’t really spend much time on pinside at all since the Pinball Anigos went on hiatus.

4 months later
    #12079 2 years ago

I suggest we trust nobody and enjoy pinball instead, but here is a couple hours of science if that’s your thing.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/live-from-event-2021-in-dallas-tx/

#12081 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Wrong thread homie

I 100% agree with you. Back to our regular scheduled program, the awesome pinball amigos.

4 months later
    #12140 2 years ago

8 months later
    #12241 1 year ago

What’s this?? A legit Pinball Amigos Friday!!! Hell yes, so great to see you guys back at it. The world just got a little bit more normal again...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.