2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,890 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,149 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E36D4BC4-7F77-4F85-A327-1FE4956F39BA (resized).jpeg
    83D1FC87-76EC-40BB-9E51-2A1AAC55390D (resized).jpeg
    A55C04BA-AB3F-411F-B14E-7698511240B6 (resized).jpeg
    F018D241-C911-4C46-9140-534E9C8B7EE7 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    66BB0942-C722-490B-8326-B3CBD9B18966 (resized).jpeg
    C3509E1A-A476-43A3-9D8C-ADB5A61A6C38 (resized).jpeg
    glassblowing-bong-1 (resized).jpg
    gasmask (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy-downsized.gif
    B09E8496-3938-4F62-9026-8A52DFEBFE29 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (1).gif
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1712 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Fuck! Hole is on the wrong side

That's what happens when you drink that rotgut cheap Tennessee whiskey.

You need to drink the real thing: Kentucky Bourbon, like Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Knob Hill, etc.

1 month later
    #1927 2 years ago

Kind of makes a lot of sense cause it is a puck shaped little guy!

I'm just as amazed at your English speaking abilities as your pinball building skills! You really have a great command of 'our language'. I lived in Germany for two years and can now speak 'baby German', but I can't imagine being as fluent as you are. You know the many idiosyncracies, the double meaning of words, and slang of our language. I'm envious of your talents!!!

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
    1 week later
    #2171 2 years ago

Same here. My mother lived to be 92 and she 'prodded', 'guided', cajoled me, and 'corrected' me her entire life. And I responded positively each time, because I knew she was trying to 'raise me right'. She was EXTREMELY helpful to me at time when I really needed her help. Be good to your Mom. You will only have one . . . and she knows what is best!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#2186 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

"Shitters!" Love that movie

Now, are you just shitting us or is this a real movie?! I actually tried to find it on Netflix and it says it doesn't exist.

#2189 2 years ago
    Quoted from fantarama:

had to google that shit xD

I Googled it and found nothing! I'm glad YOU did! At least I know it exists and am very sure I ain't a-gonna see it! Ha.

#2213 2 years ago

A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all 3 of you guys!!! Thanks SO much for the entertainment.

Mike in Kentuckky

#2273 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Nope, also a black-nail follower

Same here! I always wince when I see it, thinking of what hit it what it felt like!!! Even wondering when it was gonna grow out enough to fall off and replaced by new.

3 weeks later
    #2516 2 years ago

Now . . . WHY . . . . did I think of you guys when I saw this picture???!!!

!cid_CB06763AA7B947D7827A251607727DC4@SharonsComputer (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2592 2 years ago

To begin:he always treats you like you are stupid...HE knows it all...and you are stupid

Ah! So, you've got people like that over there too?! We've got lots of 'em in the USA.

Dude,i fucking exploded!?

Good for you! I would have exploded too!!! After reading that, I'm never going to drive over there and buy things from him! Like I'll be in the Netherlands any time soon. Ha!

#2606 2 years ago

I tryed them thar metriks thangs one tyme and I jess didn lack it. No sir . . . didn lack it a-tall!!!

I kin unnerstan foots and feets and enches and all . . . but not them thar metriks. We is gonna keep to the REEL mezzurments 'round these parts . . . good ole Amurikan messurments!

Them fancy mezzurments from Urope are just flat out rong!!! Thas why we are gude at so menny thangs and you alls is nott!!!!!

#2613 2 years ago

a foot is actually 0.3048 meters

Nooooo. A foot is actually 12 inches!!! Can you not see how easy this is?!!!

or example:how do three foot become a yard

First off, we don't say three 'foot'. It is three 'feet'. You use 'foot' when referring to only ONE FOOT. All the rest are plural, as in 3 FEET.
    Here's some history for you. Three feet became a yard when a guy asked for one ARM'S LENGTH of material to make some clothing.
    3 feet = 1 ARM length = 1 yard

A pinball cab is 135,5 cm in length,i could never call it “a yard,one foot and 6 inches”.

Oh, goodness! Everyone knows a pinball cabinet is 4 feet 5 11/32 inches! Or, simply: Nearly 54".
    Yards are not quoted in furniture, cabinets, and the like. Yards are only used in describing cloth, concrete, and football (American style).

That's why a team gets another "First Down" in the game . . . they ran with the ball for 10 YARDS. TV announcers cannot very easily tell us where the ball ended up by describing it in metrics, as in: "And the team gets a first down because they ran the ball 9.144 meters!!!!" That has NO excitement in it. By the time he would spit all that meter stuff out, the next play would already be over!!! People would go crazy trying to visualize 9.144 meters. How do you mentally see that?! Everyone knows that 10 yards equals three arms and one foot (measured only with the shoe on!)! Sheeeeeshe!

You Europeans are really unscientific!!! I can't understand why you don't use the 'original authentic measurement system' invented by your neighbors just right across the Channel!!!???!!! But, NOOOO! You had to go and mess it up with some kind of cm's and km's and gram shit that nobody can 'see' in their heads!!! I know exactly where 10 yards is on the football field. But there's no way in hell I could tell you where 9.144 meters is!!!

And yes, we can easily do measurements less than a foot. You want 10 inches?
    Here's the formula for 10 inches: LMP + 2 = 10.
    That is: "(The) Length of My Penis + 2 inches = 10 inches". See how easy it is?!

#2614 2 years ago

zaza . . . . I laughed myself silly over that!!! Did you create this yourself? If so, that was damned clever.

See . . . pinballrockstar . . . the name of the movie just sounds dumb when you convert it to meters!

How about the movie: "The Longest Yard". They would never sell a ticket if it was called "The Longest Meter", or "The Longest 0.9144"

#2616 2 years ago

I made an attempt at humor mainly for YOUR enjoyment, Mr. pinballrockstar. But I see I have been down-voted, and it appears 'someone' doesn't seem to get the drift of my dry humor. I am hoping you take this as a fun thing and not a slam at you. Some readers may not see this was my attempt at self-deprecation: Making fun of myself and our 'American ways'.

The only thing REAL in my post was about football. If the field was divided by metrics, the people would be absolutely baffled and confused, and the sport would probably die. We need our 10 Yards to get our First Downs!

#2679 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

hope that upside down thumb didn't keep you up last nite!(humour!)

Yes, it did! I kept pacing the floor trying to calm down, but got even more agitated when I realized I had paced approximately 30 yards and realized I could not quickly convert that to meters.

I tried to take a 'calm down pill' but struggled to figure out if I needed just half a pill or 30 grams.

Our King Size bed only brought more angst as I couldn't tell if King could be converted to metrics.

I figured that by staying awake with the lights on I was burning even more Kw hours, and wondered for 2 hours why we use that instead of some other conversion.

As the night wore on, I got out my old 5th bottle of Jim Beam bourbon and while sipping a drink notice on the bottle it was no longer called a 5th, but 750 milileters! It just kept getting worse when I mixed it with a 2 liter Coke!!! What happened to the 2 quart version?!!!

I finally caved in and forced myself to try and sleep. Looked over at the digital clock and it turned from 2 a.m. to 0200 hours!!! What the F?!!! It's a slow sabotage of the American way of life!

It's all good! When I realized you too were trying to be humorous, my butt-hole relaxed 30 cm.

#2701 2 years ago

we are always off by 1/16 of an inch.

Ah! I see you have seen the light and are talking "inches" instead of them complicated meter things.

1.5875 cm. Now how in the hell can your brain see THAT?! 1/16th is always 'seeable' in the mind's eye!

#2760 2 years ago

This is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed! Can't wait to see these weekly posts on here. You guys are so much fun, I think I'll sell my home and move over there next to you!

2 weeks later
    #2926 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its exactly how my mornings start!

Your ball falls out???!!!

#2931 2 years ago

It’s always a monumental task to upload everything on pinside while building

I have thought of that often, how you stop to take all the pictures. That's a lot of work, but we all sure appreciate it. Your 'chronology of events' is just as impressive as your creativity on the pin!!!

4 weeks later
    #3219 2 years ago

Need your language skills.

I can't figure out the language in this video. Probably 'north' from you in one of the Scandinavian countries. Anyway, take a look at it please and see if you can determine anything he is saying, especially something that would tell you what country he is in. It's a very unusual story about a baby deer. We have them here on my farm but I've never seen one love on a human before! Thanks, Mike

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/man-cuddles-with-deer-in-backyard/vi-BBKJok5

#3220 2 years ago
    Quoted from zFabi:

the Netherlands aren't that far away.

And neither are you . . . from where I go each time I come to Germany. I visit with my friends in and around Offenbach, Muhlheim, and Hanau. That's my old 'stomping ground', as we say. I know that place well. I'm hoping to take my next trip there in May of next year. A long wait!!!!

Deutchland uber alles!!!

How's that from Mike, the Italian, in Kentucky, USA Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#3229 2 years ago

I think that deer is retarded,ill or mentally unstable

I think you are right! You can't get within 50 yards of one or they will quickly run away. Uh. . . 50 yards . . . let's see . . . that would be 43 meters? Or . . . 26, or 33.79, or . . . . oh, hell. YOU figure it out!

That dear might have been ready to die and it was so 'out of it' and weak that it couldn't function normally. I'm also thinking it could have been a pet deer. When people find an abandoned baby deer here in Kentucky, some will take them home with them and raise them as pets. THAT'S the kind of deer that will come up to you and let you rub them and feed them. Maybe this one belonged to a neighbor and it got out of its pen. OR . . . this guy fooled us all and it was HIS pet deer!!!

Anyway, thanks to our Helsinki friend for saying it was Swedish. And thank YOU for your interest and comments.
    Guten Tag
    Mike

#3230 2 years ago

What better day than a good friday right?

"Good Friday". Very clever!

3 weeks later
    #3453 2 years ago

Another great usage of sock

I know another good use of a sock. Kept one under my bed when in high school for 'cleanup'!

I LOVE THE LOCK!!! You guys are killin' it!!!

Mike in Kentucky

3 months later
    #4520 1 year ago

I cannot describe to you the joy I get from reading this thread and viewing your updates. It's like a weekly gift.

I find myself laughing out loud, marveling at your ingenuity, your skills, your dedication, and all that . . . and I get so 'deep' into watching and reading what you post, that sometimes I forget that I'm not actually there with you. I get so caught up in what you are doing that I can actually mentally smell the paint . . . . and the beer. I hear the grinding and banging, along with the cussing. I make comments out loud, like, "Now, how in the hell did he come up with that?!!!" or "THAT is effin genius!!!" And I always end the session by sitting back and saying something like, "That was really, really good." or "They have come such a long way." "What smart guys."

Honestly. I talk out loud like that after reading the updates. Sometimes when my wife walks into the room she asks why I'm talking to myself. I then say, "You ought to see this. There's these Euro guys who are building this awesome pinball machine from scratch and they are just damned brilliant, and . . . " That's when she just shakes her head and walks out of the room. "I don't know what in hell you all see in those damned pinball machines," she says. Sad, isn't it? Ha.

Take care and I'll "see" you all next week!!!

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
    #4573 1 year ago

.look at how shaving cream is called over here.

The idea that you know all the American slang makes your observations and comments all that more amusing. I would say most Europeans would not know the 'double meaning' (to Americans) of some of those phrases. After living in Germany for 2 years, I know a lot of these, such as "ausfahrt" or "exit", which is hilarious to us. It's like saying 'out fart', which IS sort of an 'exit'! Haaaaaaaaa!

Same with "auspuff". Sort of perfectly describes a 'muffler' on a car, which is what it means for those of you who do not speak German. The German word is an onomatopoeia. Don't know if it is purposeful, but it sure seems to fit that category of a word where it sounds like the object's function or sound.

The 'Barber SKUM' is the best yet! I looked up that word on the Danish translator and it means 'foam'. But it sure sounds like nasty 'scum' to us Americans, and obviously to you too!

Loved learning how the Tesla works. Have a safe and enjoyable trip! And . . . you didn't tell us WHY you went to Denmark. Was that a rental home? What did you do there? If we are going to be 'family', then we need to know all your personal shit too! Haaaaaaaaaa!

Mike in Kentucky

#4602 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:Is there anybody who can tell me what this is??

THAT is a liquid evaporator auto-douching bag 'after' extractor with turbo boost!!!

#4603 1 year ago

Here is the one we sent to family:

Gorgeous family!!! But the father looks like shit, and creepy, too!

#4604 1 year ago

How about “barber’s kum”

Damn! Your brain is as vulgar as mine!

#4605 1 year ago

these tower bells.
    Feel it?

Oh, hell yes! I can feel 'em!!! The three of them together and the way they are angled makes them have some kind of spooky and ominous appearance about them. Old looking and sort of 'abused' looking. Like they have lived through some tough times.

I would love to hear how they sound. 'We' will figure out a place to put them and PERHAPS they could serve as the 'knocker' instead of the clack sound, along with some ghostly "Whoooooo" sounds. Oh, hell . . . make it knock and THEN the bells ring. They need to be very special. Even for "Midnight Madness" mode. Don't sell them short . . . gotta ring the hell out of them at special times. Just gotta figure out how to make 'em rock 'N roll!!! LOVE IT!

1 month later
    #5233 1 year ago

If we do mass production we would never be able to source so many tongue depressors.

Oh, yes you can!!! I've got a whole pallet of these that a customer stuck me with. Thousands and thousands!!!!!!!!!!!! You can have them below cost or even some for free if you pay the shipping. You won't believe how many I could send to you for CHEAP! And I mean SUPER CHEAP. But shipping might kill out the bargain, I'm afraid.

2 months later
    #5644 1 year ago

Everything you do just amazes me!!! This whole pin is a mixture of old junk, used parts, new parts, custom made parts, bubble gum and duct tape! And it is awesome!!! Your creativity is right up there with the Masters. My brain can't think of enough good things to say because, for me, it is impossible to put my emotions into words . . . words to tell you the thrills I get when I see one of your "inventions" come to life. Like these shutters. I'm simply mystified!

I'm glad you had to watch the Griswalds do their Christmas thing. I've had to do that with my kids and now my grand kids. I was sort of like you, I wanted to do MY things and not sit down for two hours in front of the TV. But, you won't be sorry you did it a few years from now. Those times are precious and can't be done once the kids get older. Just not the same.

Thanks for all the extra work you do in taking pictures and sharing. I feel like I'm there with you. I know where all your tools are located and how to find them now. I know that room as well as my own garage! Ha.

Have a good week.
    Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
    #5820 1 year ago

Just want to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas and thank you for your gift to us that just keeps on giving! You are appreciated! Enjoy your holidays.

5 months later
    #7499 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgecmd:

Kids walking by?

Yeah . . . kids walking by? What are you guys doing? Working in the nude at times?!!!

#7500 1 year ago

I think you guys ought to hang onto that Mexican hat bowl. I see it as a 'toy' in the middle of a play field. You hit a major jackpot, or a Final Wizard Mode and the music starts playing and the lid opens and there's a pinball in there!

How the ball gets in and out of there is YOUR problem to figure out! I just give you the starter ideas! Ha.

2 weeks later
    #7618 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

Megamooi werk weer! Thx

MegI manga mooki werki weiner! Thanky yoo!

That's my version of Netherlands speak!

1 month later
    #8205 10 months ago

Can't get over the videos you made! How brilliant!!! Clever to use that mattress as background. It was not distinguishable in the video. Looked great. I don't know what I will do with myself once you get this completed. This has been my weekly entertainment for many months now. Just super to watch this all come together. You guys have a lot of talent!!!

1 week later
    #8277 9 months ago

What is written on that coffin is "Please knock dead are asleep". It's Latin.

3 weeks later
    #8622 8 months ago

You guys never fail to amaze me!!! My cousins and I did crazy 'invention' stuff like this too when we were 14, 15, 16, (1961-1963) but we never had all the fancy equipment and tools you have today. All we had was cardboard boxes, nails and rubber bands. We actually built a very crude pinball machine. Balls bounced of rubber bands wound around nails.

Grown men still behaving like teenagers! I love it!

I really enjoyed your trip to England. Someone remarked at how big the boat was to take on freight trucks and all those automobiles. But I remember going from Oostend to Dover on a boat that was large enough for a train to drive aboard! I'll never forget seeing all those train cars rolling into the hull of that ship. I've also taken the Hovercraft across the channel back when it was first introduced. Was a fun experience.

Please keep up the good work. Stay safe. I admire all three of you for your friendship and shared enthusiasm. Your English, both in print and vocal, is so danged perfect, I am in awe of your abilities to do that. And it sure gives us Americans an excellent view of your true feelings. We don't have to guess at all the little nuances when translating a language. You speak just like us, baby!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
    #8756 8 months ago

Dear Amigos,

I have a Frankenstein pin for sale that I advertised on Mr. Pinball here in the States. I got this email today and for some reason it rings 'fraud' to me. It's from your neck of the words as you will see . . . and . . . why would anyone want to pay for the shipping of a pinball this far away when I'm sure they are available right there in Europe. You will notice, 'she' never mentions the name of my pin or any other 'normal' questions that "pin people" usually ask. Let me know if you think this is a legitimate company and any other comments. Here is the entire contents of the email I received.
    Thanks, Mike in Kentucky, USA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day
    I am looking for a supplier for Pinball machine. I want to know whether you have it available and if so, how much would it cost. Also, do you accept credit cards. Please revert back to me with all relevant information.

Best Regards-
    Mila

Sales Dept.
    Orit Inc

The Netherlands
    667-308-3046

#8760 8 months ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Just sold her 3 Pins, shipped them out with 2.000$ cash, because she promised me to reimburse me 5.000$
    Oh man! Thanks again.

Oh, man is right! I should have phoned her and sold my pins and made a fortune. But noooooo! I post her address on here and YOU step in and make the money I should have made!!! Curses!!!! Foiled again!

#8811 8 months ago

With audio:
    Dude hold this fuckin wire....no! Hold still! Fuck! The solder is...jezus! What’s wrong with you!!
    Ouch! My finger!
    Hold the torch straight!
    Moron!

LOVE THE AUDIO!!!

1 week later
    #8877 8 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

strong resemblance between you guys and Penn and Teller or Jay and Silent Bob

I HEAR a strong resemblance of Paul McCartney's voice when our 'leader, camera man, and narrator' talks!!!!

1 week later
    #8958 7 months ago

Het delorean shirt komt van het internet,is niet hangemaakt

Damn! My knowledge of German comes in handy. Let's see if I got this right: The Delorean shirt comes from the internet, it is not handmade."
    Close?
    Mike in Kentucky

#8965 7 months ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Right on the money Mike

Hey Thor. We had a German Exchange Student to live with us for one year, 1987. His name was Thorsten. We called him 'Thor' for short. I assume that is your name also?

I lived in Germany 1968-1970 and picked up a lot of the language and then when Thor lived with us, we had a whole year of DAILY language exercises that really helped us both. I would speak only German with him and he would speak only English with me. We would correct each other. One of the best experiences of my life! Our families still to this day, visit one another and communicate. He was 17 then, and now he's got two teenage children! These German language experiences, along with 4 years of Latin has really helped my comprehension of several other languages. It's the root words that are important.

Thanks for your comment.
    Mike

2 weeks later
    #9137 7 months ago

I get such a kick out of seeing you grown guys 'playing' . . . it makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside to see you being such young teenagers at heart. Oh, the memories of when I was young and 'inventive'!!! Keep it going, please. I have the best time just sitting back and watching you all be so creative and enjoying life. Compliments galore!!!!

Mike in Kentucky

1 month later
    #9545 5 months ago

Hearing you switch languages just blows my mind! I'm so used to the sound of your voice in ENGLISH, and when you start speaking your native language while working on the car it's an out of word experience for my ears. I know that voice, but then to hear words that are so 'foreign' to my ear . . . well, it is a trip! I'm not expecting that voice to spout out such strange sounds. It makes you sound like a damned genus when you do that!

One thing I've noticed, when you mean to say 'file' you say 'vile'. Since I can speak German I think I know why. It comes from the habits of remembering your consonants in your own language. Not criticizing you. Reminds me of Germans when they say 'when' using the sounds from their own language. "When" becomes "Ven". Like in the movies: "Ven vee com vor yoo, vee vill destroy your kitchen zink!" Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Mike in Kentucky (where we speak like this: "You come und see us, ya hear?!"

#9607 5 months ago

I swear to you, reading your Friday points is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing things I get to do each week. We've been doing this 'together' for so long, I feel like we are best friends and I know you well . . . as if I am there at your house each week and being a part of this. I would give ANYTHING if you were my neighbor. What a fun time we would have. You know what I think I would enjoy the most? Swapping stories about our language experiences. It would fascinate me to know more and more about HOW you picked up English so well, and how you know so much slang and can write sentences very much like we would do here in America. It fascinates me as to how you have achieved this skill. The second thing I believe I would enjoy is laughing with you. You have a very witty sense of humor and again, it's enjoyable to see how your joking skills mirrors OUR joking skills here. You might be thousands of miles away and speak another language but your brain is right in step with ours here. I'm getting really old, but I would LOVE to be able to make another trip to Europe and meet you guys. Just sit around with you there and be amigos with you! The best to you all!
    Mike in Kentucky

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 64.00
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside