Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SYS6.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1703 6 years ago

Great thread and a fun read, but when I see the eye closed squint of pinballrockstar I always wonder if it's due to welding flash or debris from angle grinding

1 year later
    #6767 5 years ago

Really great thread to follow - thanks.

Just curious if English isn't your first language then why do you name all your switches, servos and so on in English in the code
    It's very easy for us mono-linguistic yobs to follow, so thanks.

1 month later
    #7405 4 years ago

The copper and black look really good together - nice work.

1 month later
    #8060 4 years ago

and you did a horizontal format video! looks great.

2 months later
    #8825 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Maybe your spot lamps can have RGB lights that would pulse red with every heart beat ...

This is something you see and I have on my Gorgar. A simple circuit is wired across the speaker which fires a bright red led which is located on the backglass in the area of Gorgars heart. It just matches the thump from his heartbeat, looks really cool, but may not work if there are other loud sound present. I'm happy to give the circuit I used for anyone who wants it.

4 months later
    #10194 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I guess “reset on complete” isn’t enuff?
    I’ll just add a restart on complete when the switch in the coffin goes inactive...
    That’ll work![quoted image]

I'm wrestling with learning MPF - it's a steep learning curve, and I think a restart is a reset followed by an enable in the one single event.

3 weeks later
    #10363 4 years ago

Was the bandage on Beard's finger the inspiration for the t-shirt?

2 weeks later
    #10436 4 years ago

I was about too drill second bolt holes but the crabbing effect is obviously way too big?
    So it quickly became appearant that this lift was shit too

The vertical posts are parallel and the bearing is very low friction, so the idea is to have the pin into the bearing block not locked to the horizontal bar for rotation, that way it will self align when you lift from the centre of the horizontal bar.

2 weeks later
    #10573 4 years ago

With all the repeated shapes for the inserts would it be worth your while to make a template for routing each shape?

3 months later
    #11309 3 years ago

And if we don’t lose a finger on friday it’s a win in our book,we don’t set the bar too high.
    Cheers!

This made me laugh; I'm an engineer and always say it's not a real job I'm working on unless I'd lose a finger if I put it in the wrong place.

Great work as usual - thanks for taking the time to post all this

2 weeks later
    #11465 3 years ago

...Well , you can’t write code while the machine itself is in pieces...you need to test every line you write.
    It’s a tedious process.
    I once wrote a lot of code without testing and it just bit me in the ass...you simply can’t find what the bug is.

Are you familiar with or have you tried the Monitor function of MPF, it might help you with testing?

3 weeks later
    #11714 3 years ago

So cool - thanks. Just a thought but I reckon the fireplace would look better if it were just gently glowing and then burst to life when you hit it?

Also I see you are using Notepad to write your scripts - do you know about editors that are language aware and so do some formatting and checking for you - makes writing stuff quicker and easier. The one I play around with is Notepad++ it's multi-tabbed, uses colour and knows about yaml.

Finally like others I hope you guys are planing pin #3 so we all have something to follow along. It's great to see what you get up to.

1 week later
    #11818 3 years ago

So cool to see this being born, amazing to see the creativity unfold in real time and really appreciate the effort you have made to document and take us along on the journey. Inspirational for us all and a great thread. Sincere thanks to all three of you pinball wizards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SYS6.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos?tu=SYS6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.