Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 255.
    #4401 5 years ago

We call this vid: unedited...

Goodnight...the Amigos salute you..

#4402 5 years ago

Rest of the evening we are exploring voices..

7517F6A0-4531-48DC-9A33-9A7CB6800540 (resized).jpeg7517F6A0-4531-48DC-9A33-9A7CB6800540 (resized).jpeg
    #4403 5 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4404 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Incredible work! Wow.

#4405 5 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Great progress today - WooHoo~!!

Thanks bro!

#4406 5 years ago
    Quoted from mdolshan:

Incredible work! Wow.

Glad you like it man,this blanc canvas is so easy to write...
    This theme is so in our ballpark.
    But we really have to weigh every detail so we can hit the right note..
    What Williams did back in the day was just so spot on...we want to touch that epic vibe...
    Have that insane cocktail of awesomeness in our machine..

#4407 5 years ago

Awsome animation with those heads!
    What would also be cool if the eyes where following the ball. If it hits a switch move the eyes towards it.

#4408 5 years ago

So cool........

#4409 5 years ago

that is awesome guys, talking heads, house backbox, sweeeeet

want to give a heap of up votes on the last video but can't.......

#4410 5 years ago

You’re voices translate well to the characters. I like the idea of them bantering back and forth randomly. Great work!

#4411 5 years ago

De max,

#4412 5 years ago

Oh wow guys, awesome work!!
    Very much work done, and the airbrushing Mic does ..... excellent!
    (What kind of airbrush does he use? If you don’t mind me asking)

With my saturday morning coffee, a joy to see the progress, and the fun you are having!

#4413 5 years ago
    Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

Awsome animation with those heads!
    What would also be cool if the eyes where following the ball. If it hits a switch move the eyes towards it.

Yeah,we are gonna use exactly that on Lord Grimm’s evil eye.
    He is actually getting a key role in gameplay and explanation.
    All the left switches will be tagged to the eye and the right in the same way.

#4414 5 years ago

We really like it too man,thanks!

#4415 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

that is awesome guys, talking heads, house backbox, sweeeeet
    want to give a heap of up votes on the last video but can't.......

Your comment means much more to us anyway

#4416 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

You’re voices translate well to the characters. I like the idea of them bantering back and forth randomly. Great work!

Yeah they will get into arguments and stuff...it’ll be epic for sure..

#4417 5 years ago

No,it’s not ready yet...
    De Max is a whole other level of crazyness
    Hahaha,thanks man,glad you like it!

#4418 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Oh wow guys, awesome work!!
    Very much work done, and the airbrushing Mic does ..... excellent!
    (What kind of airbrush does he use? If you don’t mind me asking)
    With my saturday morning coffee, a joy to see the progress, and the fun you are having!

Lol,cool right?
    I must say it IS hard to sync the heads to the audio but when you nail it...it is sooo awesome to see it come together.
    Man...how do we get ourselves to start doing boring jobs on the machine after this?
    We need to drill playfield slots,bend guides,drill inserts into the playfield..
    That is real boring work after exciting stuff like this.
    But the general idea is,if you set the vibe of the machine first,you’ll know what it needs....it starts talking to you(sometimes literally )

Mic took the airbrush home cuz he is making murals for people too,but it is a middle of the road airbrush and it has great output,even yours truly can work it

204C9140-F393-4ACF-A30F-AB2440C69306 (resized).jpeg204C9140-F393-4ACF-A30F-AB2440C69306 (resized).jpeg

80AFA4D1-61CE-431F-94A3-AD903A12D27A (resized).jpeg80AFA4D1-61CE-431F-94A3-AD903A12D27A (resized).jpeg
    #4419 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

the airbrushing Mic does ...What kind of airbrush does he use? If you don’t mind me asking

Oh i just asked him he has an:
    Iwata Revolution airbrush with 0.5 nozzle.
    It does relatively detailed stuff and also big surface.
    Middle of the road,great for our project.

#4420 5 years ago

Such great work guys - really enjoying following this project. Gives me a Saturday morning high.

As an ex real time programmer I love to see the coding part as well.

#4421 5 years ago

The talking heads are such a great idea! Hopefully some manufacturer would pick the idea up and turn the backboxes into something more than just stands for videoscreens/translites!

#4422 5 years ago

Oh i just asked him he has an:
    Iwata Revolution airbrush with 0.5 nozzle.
    It does relatively detailed stuff and also big surface.
    Middle of the road,great for our project.

Well, Iwata is not your middle of the road in my book ...
    Great brand for airbrushes!
    Thanks for the info

#4423 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Thanks for the info

Thanks for this info, because I was wondering this myself as well. If you don't mind me furthering this line of questioning, Bas, how did you and Mic acquire those awesome airbrushing skills? Any tips on how to get started?

Also, massive props for the crazy mechanics; those servos are a real innovation. I don't know who designed the original Rudy mech by heart, but I'd guess they'd appreciate this new mech as well! Awesome work all around.

#4424 5 years ago
    Quoted from cogito:

Any tips on how to get started?

Youtube is full of it Nico (Hi!!)
    Airbrush Tutor, Australian bloke .... he is really good, and learn by copying what you see

#4425 5 years ago

Amigos,

Could you talk a bit about how you made the servos move using the Pololu board and MPF/FAST?

I'm curious to see how this is done. Thanks and gracias!

#4426 5 years ago

Great work.
    I was into building RC cars and planes awhile back, where servos are common. I never understood why they weren't used in pinball machines.

#4427 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bakerman:

Such great work guys - really enjoying following this project. Gives me a Saturday morning high.
    As an ex real time programmer I love to see the coding part as well.

You will,we are showing it all so you guys might get motivated to start your project!

Quoted from Nepi23:

The talking heads are such a great idea! Hopefully some manufacturer would pick the idea up and turn the backboxes into something more than just stands for videoscreens/translites!

Yeah that would be great!
    Labor intensive though

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Thanks for the info

Yeah it is a great airbrush but there always appear to be people who have way better stuff so that was sorta self defense in advance

Quoted from cogito:

Thanks for this info, because I was wondering this myself as well. If you don't mind me furthering this line of questioning, Bas, how did you and Mic acquire those awesome airbrushing skills? Any tips on how to get started?
    Also, massive props for the crazy mechanics; those servos are a real innovation. I don't know who designed the original Rudy mech by heart, but I'd guess they'd appreciate this new mech as well! Awesome work all around.

Mic learned a lot from Ed Hubbs,he explains stuff really well.
    I just do what Mic tells me to do lol

Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Amigos,
    Could you talk a bit about how you made the servos move using the Pololu board and MPF/FAST?
    I'm curious to see how this is done. Thanks and gracias!

I will totally upload a vid soon,it is real fun to see this stuff come to live.
    I’ll totally share what i learned lately

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Great work.
    I was into building RC cars and planes awhile back, where servos are common. I never understood why they weren't used in pinball machines.

simply because nobody tried it sofar i guess?
    Listen,we are gonna add servos to the front doors too and open em really slow,adding smoke,lightning sfx and strobing lights...it will be sick people...
    Servos are the answer to a lot of stuff!

#4428 5 years ago

The talking heads are amazing. Seriously good work on the assembly and the animation sequences. You guys have some skillz!

#4429 5 years ago

That's killer.

#4430 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

The talking heads are amazing. Seriously good work on the assembly and the animation sequences. You guys have some skillz!

Yeah but without MPF , it would be nothing big shout out to our MPF friends!

Quoted from aobrien5:

That's killer.

Thanks,cool you dig it bro!

#4431 5 years ago

Man, there are some really scary faces in that Picture!

The guys in the backbox, look good too!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4432 5 years ago

I would like to know more about the board that drives the servos as always wanted animated waves in my game when I get back to it.

#4433 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Man, there are some really scary faces in that Picture!
    The guys in the backbox, look good too!

Wait...was that a burn!?
    Good to hear you Art!

Quoted from swinks:

I would like to know more about the board that drives the servos as always wanted animated waves in my game when I get back to it.

That wave is gonna be a reality...no sweat...
    As far as we know,we are the first using an insane amount of servos in a pinball and we hope it is a new path for all other builders.
    It is sooo cool and relatively easy to work with!
    For starters check this out:

Just buy a polulu maestro( i have a 12 channel and a 24 channel now...)anywhere.
    Download the interface on polulu.com and it simply works right away...
    If you start on that,make some sequences,doodle about....i will totally help you getting your MPF framework recognizing your polulu port and make your framework talk with it.
    Just tap me on the shoulder when you are at that point bro.
    Oh! And buy the servos on Aliexpress for next to nothing,last shipment i bought 20 complete servos for $18.40

#4434 5 years ago

that is awesome Bas, great little video and lots of potential there - will be getting one of these - Tube Time

and thanks for the offer, not a big drama but they don't seem to have a Mac program page but I can work around that.

#4435 5 years ago

Maestro's are great. I have 3 servos in my pin project controlled by a Micro Maestro that will control up to 6 servos.

Here is the MPF page for them: http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/hardware/pololu_maestro/index.html

#4436 5 years ago

I bought a Maestro to play with it, fun. I also used the Arduino "servo" library to run one for a switch life tester, shown here. Interface was any cell phone, like my PinRemote product.

So I'm really interested to see how MPF controls them. I'd like to build an "all servo" pin someday (save the flippers, they need coils). All servos and magnets that is.

snfixture (resized).pngsnfixture (resized).pngsnscreen (resized).pngsnscreen (resized).png
    #4437 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

that is awesome Bas, great little video and lots of potential there - will be getting one of these - Tube Time
    and thanks for the offer, not a big drama but they don't seem to have a Mac program page but I can work around that.

Yeah,solution is buying an old windows pc to play with
    I am not a fan of windows man,but i grew up with it and i slightly understand it.
    It sadly is the most compatible thing in the world cuz everybody has a windows pc.

Quoted from BorgDog:

Maestro's are great. I have 3 servos in my pin project controlled by a Micro Maestro that will control up to 6 servos.
    Here is the MPF page for them: http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/hardware/pololu_maestro/index.html

Yeah works great right?
    I’ll upload a video today what the exact steps are.
    Walk in the park after you figured that out.

Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I bought a Maestro to play with it, fun. I also used the Arduino "servo" library to run one for a switch life tester, shown here. Interface was any cell phone, like my PinRemote product.
    So I'm really interested to see how MPF controls them. I'd like to build an "all servo" pin someday (save the flippers, they need coils). All servos and magnets that is.

Okay,you’ll be amazed how simple this is,as said i will upload a complete explanation video later today

#4438 5 years ago

Polulu Maestro explanation!

#4439 5 years ago

thanks for the video, much appreciated

#4440 5 years ago

You lost me at computer
    This is why I will never make a home brew, but encourage and appreciate the ones who do.

#4441 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the video, much appreciated

Amigos at your service brother
    It took me 50 takes/1.5 hours so watch it some more

Quoted from oldskool1969:

You lost me at computer
    This is why I will never make a home brew, but encourage and appreciate the ones who do.

LOL,trust me dude,if WE can do it,YOU can do it.
    We’ll help you if you change your mind

#4442 5 years ago

Polulu Maestro explanation!

Nice. Thanks for all the kind words! Can we link that from the MPF documentation (probably at the pololu page)?

#4443 5 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

Nice. Thanks for all the kind words! Can we link that from the MPF documentation (probably at the pololu page)?

Dude,totally!

#4444 5 years ago

So awesome to see the progress! Tell Mic great job on the painting! That topper is looking fantastic. I messed with some servos for my sons science project last year and it was some tedious stuff, super impressive that you took the time to get it synced to the voice over!???!!!

#4445 5 years ago
    Quoted from skondris:

So awesome to see the progress! Tell Mic great job on the painting! That topper is looking fantastic. I messed with some servos for my sons science project last year and it was some tedious stuff, super impressive that you took the time to get it synced to the voice over!???!!!

Yeah,tedious to synchronize the mouths to the audio clips,you first need to be 100% satisfied with the audio clip,cuz if you record it again,it is completely off.
    Now we know we can do it,there is no limit to the crazyness...

#4446 5 years ago

Yeah,tedious to synchronize the mouths to the audio clips,you first need to be 100% satisfied with the audio clip,cuz if you record it again,it is completely off.
    Now we know we can do it,there is no limit to the crazyness...

Don't lie, you guys never had any limits to start with. Just a few things you hadn't learned yet

Keep up the great work! I'm really enjoying watching the progress.

#4447 5 years ago

Yeah...getting creepier already bro...

A flasher hidden in the roof would look cool going off every once in a while.

#4448 5 years ago

My son showed me this video, and all I could think of was the 3 Amigos, and Crazy Mansion!

#4449 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't lie, you guys never had any limits to start with. Just a few things you hadn't learned yet
    Keep up the great work! I'm really enjoying watching the progress.

Thanks dude,stick around

Quoted from Cobra:

A flasher hidden in the roof would look cool going off every once in a while.

We have 250 rgb led’s , i guess we can pull that off hahaha!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My son showed me this video, and all I could think of was the 3 Amigos, and Crazy Mansion!

Wow! That is awesome!!!
    What the hell man,that is pure inspiration right there!
    Thanks Art,really enjoyed that insanity

#4450 5 years ago

Hey guys!
    Mic is working the shitty shift so he’ll be somewhat later,but we are gonna start working on the mansion!
    Let’s kick off with this tommy “flipper blinder” mech we received as a present from a fellow pinsider!

7F97FA02-AEBE-4D53-A396-CE3CFDE56297 (resized).jpeg7F97FA02-AEBE-4D53-A396-CE3CFDE56297 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.