Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 255.
    #1201 6 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

Somewhere in the build it would be nice to pay homage to the Minions build. Maybe a chained up minion in an electric chair in the asylum. The next should have something from all before it. A bit like B/W cows only more tangible. Just a thought.

Yeah,fun idea!?
    We were thinking about a minion steering the ufo

#1202 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

I hope you checked the amperage rating. Alot of those cheap lab supplies are rated under 5 amps.

Yeah hope it is usable,we'll see,i can return it without hassle.

#1203 6 years ago
    Quoted from parabol420:

Just an FYI, the term slam ramp comes from No Good Gophers I believe. It is called that, because the ramp piece actually slams down into the the playfield to turn into a ramp for shooting up the top playfield.
    Awesome build, just stumbled across it, will be following in the future!

That could be very well true!
    Come and visit us once in a while,we appreciate it,thanks!

#1204 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

I hope you checked the amperage rating. Alot of those cheap lab supplies are rated under 5 amps.

Key point to consider as many pinball loads take much more than 1A.

#1205 6 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

Key point to consider as many pinball loads take much more than 1A.

Hm,think i bought a piece of crap...should've consulted with you guys first..together we know much more.
    A lot of these supplies go up to 30 volts, i figured a coil needs 50 volts so that was as far as my thoughts went

#1206 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Hm,think i bought a piece of crap...should've consulted with you guys first..together we know much more

You can buy a 48v 7.5A power supply from China for $26. This is what I use in my homebrew:ebay.com link: Switching Power Supply Driver Adapter AC110V 220V Input to DC5V 12V 24V 36V 48V

I don't know how PROC handles bursts of energy, but you may need some resistors and caps to smooth things out.

#1207 6 years ago

Love the build guys!

Just curious whose coding this machine?

#1208 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

You can buy a 48v 7.5A power supply from China for $26. This is what I use in my homebrew:ebay.com link » Switching Power Supply Driver Adapter Ac110v 220v Input To Dc5v 12v 24v 36v 48v
    I don't know how PROC handles bursts of energy, but you may need some resistors and caps to smooth things out.

Thanks,just realised..,need a power supply since we are not killing an excisting pinball for this build!

#1209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Love the build guys!
    Just curious whose coding this machine?

Hey pdx monkey,
    Yours truly will be coding the Crazy Mansion with the great Mission Pinball Framework backing me.

I did coding on Despicable Me Pinball Madness too,not a mindblowing deep ruleset,but it works real well.
    6 modes and a wizardmode.

#1210 6 years ago

Hey pdx monkey,
    Yours truly will be coding the Crazy Mansion with the great Mission Pinball Framework backing me.
    I did coding on Despicable Me Pinball Madness too,not a mindblowing deep ruleset,but it works real well.
    6 modes and a wizardmode.

Bravo, you're truly a rockstar

#1211 6 years ago

well done guys, I got myself a similar power supply for testing things with a amp range of 0-5amps, works great and great when you set the voltage and it will display the amp draw which is handy but mine only goes to 30vdc so no good for coil testing.

screen-capture-1 (resized).pngscreen-capture-1 (resized).png

#1212 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

well done guys, I got myself a similar power supply for testing things with a amp range of 0-5amps, works great and great when you set the voltage and it will display the amp draw which is handy but mine only goes to 30vdc so no good for coil testing.

Ah good news! you are using one!
    It is real easy now to quick test leds and stuff...so sucky if you don't have a power supply.
    I tested a coil a few days ago and decided
    To hook jumper wires to the Minion pinball.
    Blew the transistor tip36c on the fliptronics board and a fuse (that should have protected it).
    So that exact moment made me decide it was the last time something retarded like that was going to happen to me.
    The minion machine worked fine and now it's broken..
    As usual i pay €10 shipping for a €0.99 transistor..grrrr
    But hey,breath in...breath out...stuff happens...

#1213 6 years ago

You couldn't steal one from the junk yard (back alley)? You could build a mars probe with all that stuff.

#1214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

You couldn't steal one from the junk yard (back alley)? You could build a mars probe with all that stuff.

No tip36c in any junk yard alley machine i own...i couldn't believe it either?!

#1215 6 years ago

Ah good news! you are using one!
    It is real easy now to quick test leds and stuff...so sucky if you don't have a power supply.
    I tested a coil a few days ago and decided
    To hook jumper wires to the Minion pinball.
    Blew the transistor tip36c on the fliptronics board and a fuse (that should have protected it).
    So that exact moment made me decide it was the last time something retarded like that was going to happen to me.
    As usual i pay €10 shipping for a €0.99 transistor..grrrr
    But hey,breath in...breath out...stuff happens...

It is great for testing but the only thing it is missing is a separate switch to the item you are testing as I can't use the power switch on the power supply as when turned off and back on it resets the voltage and amps that you have dialed in for the test (on my unit anyway). I am going to make a little test box with power in from the power supply and out with a lit switch in between that stops the power from flowing so this way I have full control. I might even have 2 switches - pivot and a momentary switch.

#1216 6 years ago

Those Meanwell PSUs work well. They are also available in Europe (e.g. https://m.reichelt.de/Schaltnetzteile-151-500-W/SNT-MW-SP320-48/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=85217&GROUPID=7265&artnr=SNT+MW-SP320-48). They also got TIP36C (https://m.reichelt.de/TIP-J-Transistoren/TIP-36C-STM/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=2887&ARTICLE=21503). At least in Germany they deliver to the next day. Shipping is 6€ (could not find if they charge more to the Netherlands).

Jan

#1217 6 years ago

This makes me sad

Jeez you guys. I just woke up from a nap and I see 40+ new posts and panicked that it was Friday. Haha.

#1218 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

It is great for testing but the only thing it is missing is a separate switch to the item you are testing as I can't use the power switch on the power supply as when turned off and back on it resets the voltage and amps that you have dialed in for the test (on my unit anyway). I am going to make a little test box with power in from the power supply and out with a lit switch in between that stops the power from flowing so this way I have full control. I might even have 2 switches - pivot and a momentary switch.

You might want to use a relay?

#1219 6 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

Those Meanwell PSUs work well. They are also available in Europe (e.g. https://m.reichelt.de/Schaltnetzteile-151-500-W/SNT-MW-SP320-48/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=85217&GROUPID=7265&artnr=SNT+MW-SP320-48). They also got TIP36C (https://m.reichelt.de/TIP-J-Transistoren/TIP-36C-STM/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=2887&ARTICLE=21503). At least in Germany they deliver to the next day. Shipping is 6€ (could not find if they charge more to the Netherlands).
    Jan

Ah thanks for the link,great source!

#1220 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This makes me sad
    Jeez you guys. I just woke up from a nap and I see 40+ new posts and panicked that it was Friday. Haha.

Yeah bummer,but i'll fix it..
    Hey it is almost friday? Just a few days?!

#1221 6 years ago

No tip36c in any junk yard alley machine i own...i couldn't believe it either?!

You can find one on a Data east ppb board.

#1222 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

You can find one on a Data east ppb board.

yeah..those are gone...

#1223 6 years ago

Yeah bummer,but i'll fix it..
    Hey it is almost friday? Just a few days?!

Admit it, you are actually working on Tuesday, and just posting all of the pics on Friday....lol!

#1224 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Admit it, you are actually working on Tuesday, and just posting all of the pics on Friday....lol!</blockquote

I am working and testing stuff all week,on tuesday i fry transistors!

#1225 6 years ago

Is this better than last Fridays meme? Lol

21751418_1142025132565916_3745001758685664231_n (resized).jpg21751418_1142025132565916_3745001758685664231_n (resized).jpg

#1226 6 years ago

Hey Pinside!
    Waiting for other amigos that work late,so i am gonna start building.
    Itchy fingers on friday

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1227 6 years ago

First off,i am ripping out this coil,need one for the ramp flap!

IMG_8782 (resized).JPGIMG_8782 (resized).JPG

#1228 6 years ago

Yeah that looks gr...wait..

IMG_8783 (resized).JPGIMG_8783 (resized).JPG

#1229 6 years ago

Ah man,no third terminal for the "hold current"...

IMG_8784 (resized).JPGIMG_8784 (resized).JPG

#1230 6 years ago

Let's rip one out of the rescue 911!

IMG_8786 (resized).JPGIMG_8786 (resized).JPG

#1231 6 years ago

Yep,3 terminals for power and hold...great!

IMG_8787 (resized).JPGIMG_8787 (resized).JPG

#1232 6 years ago

Why not take one from that Star Wars game????

Also, when is Pinball Amigos going to announce that Crazy Mansion was designed by JPOP ?? Come on fess up

#1233 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Why not take one from that Star Wars game????
    Also, when is Pinball Amigos going to announce that Crazy Mansion was designed by JPOP ?? Come on fess up

I actually have an eye on that left Starwars ramp,it fits perfect next to the mansion...but that would be a new level of crazy!
    Jpop would wish it was his design...hahaha

#1234 6 years ago

Hm,but it has a weird big yellow resistor and the coil is smallish...this is not going to kick up the ramp flap..
    Hm

IMG_8788 (resized).JPGIMG_8788 (resized).JPG

#1235 6 years ago

Let's see,all the roadshow things we took from the playfield are on this table..

IMG_8789 (resized).JPGIMG_8789 (resized).JPG

#1236 6 years ago

Jpop would wish it was his design.

No kidding. He would've spent a year and a half just cutting that flap/ramp.

#1237 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

No kidding. He would've spent a year and a half just cutting that flap/ramp.

Ha! Yeah...he just loves doodling...good ol' Jpop...

#1238 6 years ago

Hm,incomplete,but i think we have stuff to fix it up.
    I need a mech with a metal flipper to kick up the ramp because the coils only kick up like 1.5 inch or so.
    But i need 3 inches of action to kick up the ramp flap mech...

IMG_8790 (resized).JPGIMG_8790 (resized).JPG

#1239 6 years ago

So I leave my house at 5am this morning to go to the fire station for an early shift and look what's behind my car in the road side a crazy mansion sewer!?

IMG_5333 (resized).JPGIMG_5333 (resized).JPG

IMG_5334 (resized).JPGIMG_5334 (resized).JPG

#1240 6 years ago

COIL !
    CHECK!

IMG_8791 (resized).JPGIMG_8791 (resized).JPG

#1241 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

So I leave my house at 5am this morning to go to the fire station for an early shift and look what's behind my car in the road side a crazy mansion sewer!?

HA!! That is just Epic!!
    Real cool you took a pic!! ROFL!
    Throw in a pinball and see if a mansion appears in your street!!

#1242 6 years ago

I also have a blue one,but it is almost as thick as the other one..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1243 6 years ago

Ah found the metal whats-it-called..

IMG_8794 (resized).JPGIMG_8794 (resized).JPG

#1244 6 years ago

Look at that..that came together great!

IMG_8796 (resized).JPGIMG_8796 (resized).JPG

#1245 6 years ago

Look,the action is perfect on this mech,7 cm and some..2.8 inches may you not be on the metric system

IMG_8799 (resized).JPGIMG_8799 (resized).JPG

IMG_8800 (resized).JPGIMG_8800 (resized).JPG

#1246 6 years ago

The plan is to kick up this bar with the mech...gonna replace the plastic flipper with a flat metal plate so i can bend it in the right angle.
    I am guessing this won't work right away

IMG_8801 (resized).JPGIMG_8801 (resized).JPG

#1247 6 years ago

Flipperbat...you are going to give your life for this mech...sorry,need your metal rod.

IMG_8802 (resized).JPGIMG_8802 (resized).JPG

#1248 6 years ago

Why does this make me feel sad? It's an old flipper bat?
    I gutted entire pins?

IMG_8803 (resized).JPGIMG_8803 (resized).JPG

#1249 6 years ago

Ah?! So this is in there? That makes sense?
    The plastic bat can't move because there is a gap in the post...always wondered why they never slip on their post..

IMG_8804 (resized).JPGIMG_8804 (resized).JPG

#1250 6 years ago

Ha! This metal strip is nice and thick,it can take a beating without bending,but....it is bendable if you give it hell.
    Just fits exactly in the rod

IMG_8805 (resized).JPGIMG_8805 (resized).JPG

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.