Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 255.
    #1151 6 years ago

Meantime dick grinded these concave,so they weld on real good

IMG_8632 (resized).JPGIMG_8632 (resized).JPG

IMG_8633 (resized).JPGIMG_8633 (resized).JPG

#1152 6 years ago

Okay...this might work..

IMG_8635 (resized).JPGIMG_8635 (resized).JPG

IMG_8634 (resized).JPGIMG_8634 (resized).JPG

#1153 6 years ago

There...i hope i can pull this off...i like the idea of a dual function flap so much...

IMG_8636 (resized).JPGIMG_8636 (resized).JPG

#1154 6 years ago

Meantime Mic is cutting acces wrap on the ufo

IMG_8723 (resized).JPGIMG_8723 (resized).JPG

IMG_8724 (resized).JPGIMG_8724 (resized).JPG

#1155 6 years ago

Great result,put the dome in dude!!! See what it looks like?!

IMG_8726 (resized).JPGIMG_8726 (resized).JPG

IMG_8725 (resized).JPGIMG_8725 (resized).JPG

#1156 6 years ago

Oh yeah...approved by the pinball amigos

IMG_8728 (resized).JPGIMG_8728 (resized).JPG

#1157 6 years ago

IMG_8727 (resized).JPGIMG_8727 (resized).JPG

#1158 6 years ago

We need some guides in the playfield so the flap rods slide smooth

IMG_8673 (resized).JPGIMG_8673 (resized).JPG

#1159 6 years ago

These treads need to come out

IMG_8674 (resized).JPGIMG_8674 (resized).JPG

#1160 6 years ago

They won't slide on the rods now, but if we drill out the treads,these are perfect!

IMG_8675 (resized).JPGIMG_8675 (resized).JPG

#1161 6 years ago

Let's go!

IMG_8676 (resized).JPGIMG_8676 (resized).JPG

IMG_8677 (resized).JPGIMG_8677 (resized).JPG

#1162 6 years ago

Yes!!! Almost no play,perfect!

IMG_8678 (resized).JPGIMG_8678 (resized).JPG

#1163 6 years ago

This is the general idea..

IMG_8682 (resized).JPGIMG_8682 (resized).JPG

#1164 6 years ago

Weld em to a mount

IMG_8683 (resized).JPGIMG_8683 (resized).JPG

#1165 6 years ago

No!
    First i drilled them all the way through...ofcourse...duh..

IMG_8684 (resized).JPGIMG_8684 (resized).JPG

#1166 6 years ago

Hahaha!!! Yeah!!

IMG_8685 (resized).JPGIMG_8685 (resized).JPG

#1167 6 years ago

Mic digs it,his plan for the sewers,my slam ramp to make it a game

IMG_8690 (resized).JPGIMG_8690 (resized).JPG

IMG_8691 (resized).JPGIMG_8691 (resized).JPG

#1168 6 years ago

Mumble mumble...sewers...

IMG_8694 (resized).JPGIMG_8694 (resized).JPG

#1169 6 years ago

This metal u-profile used to be longer , it was used in a backbox i believe...the exact size i needed...for the rod connection under the playfield

IMG_8697 (resized).JPGIMG_8697 (resized).JPG

#1170 6 years ago

Shitty job Mic

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1171 6 years ago

Matching shirt

#1172 6 years ago

Got a supergood drill,exact size

IMG_8698 (resized).JPGIMG_8698 (resized).JPG

#1173 6 years ago

A little hole through the rod,put a nail in,boom...done

IMG_8700 (resized).JPGIMG_8700 (resized).JPG

IMG_8699 (resized).JPGIMG_8699 (resized).JPG

#1174 6 years ago

The nails can be taken out so the flap is detachable...can't weld everything.

IMG_8706 (resized).JPGIMG_8706 (resized).JPG

#1175 6 years ago

The mech works real real smooth,i am gonna make a motor or coil for it next week...need to extend the flap a bit,that was to be expected...

IMG_8708 (resized).JPGIMG_8708 (resized).JPG

#1176 6 years ago

Last thing we do is wrap this ugly ugly artwork on the rescue 911 helicopter arm...

IMG_8731 (resized).JPGIMG_8731 (resized).JPG

#1177 6 years ago

We have some left over sky decal from the minion playfield..

IMG_8730 (resized).JPGIMG_8730 (resized).JPG

#1178 6 years ago

IMG_8729 (resized).JPGIMG_8729 (resized).JPG

#1179 6 years ago

BOOM!!!

IMG_8735 (resized).JPGIMG_8735 (resized).JPG

#1180 6 years ago

IMG_8736 (resized).JPGIMG_8736 (resized).JPG

#1181 6 years ago

Stuff might change along the way,but artwork from another machine is just a mindblock,inspiration wise...

IMG_8737 (resized).JPGIMG_8737 (resized).JPG

IMG_8738 (resized).JPGIMG_8738 (resized).JPG

#1182 6 years ago

We are going to play some Starwars,have a great weekend everybody!
    Amigos checking out!
    Peace!

#1183 6 years ago

Thanks for the Friday Awesomeness!

#1184 6 years ago

Back to the house and the first thing I have to do is to check the Crazy Mansion build! Awesome work as always guys!

#1185 6 years ago
    Quoted from tryton1000:

Thanks for the Friday Awesomeness!

BOOM!!

Quoted from Manimal:

Back to the house and the first thing I have to do is to check the Crazy Mansion build! Awesome work as always guys!

Hahaha that is supercool dude,thanks...we look forward to making a coil assembly for the dual action flap.
    I think i am gonna use a flipper assembly...full power to kick the slam flap up and hold power to keep the flap in place.
    I wanted to use 2 coils directly on the flap but coils actually don't move up that high..
    We will be needing a mech to do so.

#1186 6 years ago

I'm still amazed at how you guys just go to town and build parts without hardly measuring or planning... Oh we don't have rods? Just cut up that grill mesh. Everything I design has to be modeled in solidworks and pre-assembled virtually, and tolerances checked 4 times, and parts ordered from mcmaster that are the exact size I need.

#1187 6 years ago

Just did my Saturday morning catch up, looking good guys, next few weeks are looking to be awesome now you have big parts of the game done and pulling bits together, keep up the good work!

#1188 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm still amazed at how you guys just go to town and build parts without hardly measuring or planning... Oh we don't have rods? Just cut up that grill mesh. Everything I design has to be modeled in solidworks and pre-assembled virtually, and tolerances checked 4 times, and parts ordered from mcmaster that are the exact size I need.

Thanks
    I guess we have solidworks in our heads,we create in our mind and our eyes start looking/scavenging for materials and shapes we need to build it.
    So many roads lead to the solution.
    I also save a lot of weird things,last time cutting a pizza,i broke my slicer...i am confident it will end up in the crazy mansion...great shapes!

#1189 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Just did my Saturday morning catch up, looking good guys, next few weeks are looking to be awesome now you have big parts of the game done and pulling bits together, keep up the good work!

Yeah oncoming weeks are superfun!
    I will be ordering a P-ROC board set including the coil and lamp boards soon so we can test coils and the mansion.
    I sold the Hurricane and World cup soccer pins...i just could not rip the boards out of them for the crazy mansion..
    It feels wrong to part out a working bally or williams.
    They are getting harder to come by nowerdays..
    Bally/Williams is sacred to me.
    Despicable me pinball madness is a wcs at heart but that machine was in a dark dark place and beyond repair..
    High milage..

#1190 6 years ago

Great build - coming along very nicely!! I love the idea of the sewers. I'm just curious - why go through the trouble of wrapping the saucer, instead of just spray painting it black?

#1191 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Great build - coming along very nicely!! I love the idea of the sewers. I'm just curious - why go through the trouble of wrapping the saucer, instead of just spray painting it black?

Yeah it could have gone that direction too indeed,spray it.
    We had wrap laying around,it was actually a test that turned out to be a cool end result.
    The glossy black looks real nice.

#1192 6 years ago

Ok, I have a stupid question - what exactly is a slam ramp? I assumed the ramp is there to allow the ball to jump into the pipes and if you miss you "slam" into the back of the cab, but then you mentioned you needed to use a powerful Flipper coil an I got lost again lol. So cool seeing all the weekly progress and its a highlight of my week, but I also learn so much from this thread

#1193 6 years ago
    Quoted from etlandfill:

Ok, I have a stupid question - what exactly is a slam ramp? I assumed the ramp is there to allow the ball to jump into the pipes and if you miss you "slam" into the back of the cab, but then you mentioned you needed to use a powerful Flipper coil an I got lost again lol. So cool seeing all the weekly progress and its a highlight of my week, but I also learn so much from this thread

Hey there,no,it's a good question..a slam ramp is simply a ramp that makes a ball go airborne...that is all.
    The powerful coil i talked about,is going to make the slam ramp go up,it needs to be brute force and it is mounted underneath the playfield.
    So on a slam ramp you slam the ball airborne...at least that is what i mean with it.
    I might be wrong too
    The cool thing is the dual function of this flap,when the rear comes up,you have the slam ramp,when the mansion comes up,it hinges the other way...that idea is going to make this machine a winner.
    The mansion is gonna be epic...we are gonna add radical lights,smoke nozzles and sound effects to the mansion to maximize the amount of crazy...BOOM!!

#1194 6 years ago

Meantime in England my Full Throttle is being picked up..
    The seller tricked out the FT with the big lcd in the backbox.
    As we speak it is being loaded,the courier is the kind of courier that travels around and practically lives in his van,collecting as much work as he can on his roadtrip.
    It might take another week,because he does little jobs inbetween...but hey? It is coming!
    I heard the Dialed in LE and Houdini i ordered will be here very soon,the container they sit in is almost here from the usa.
    So gigantic upgrade in the gameroom!
    Together with Starwars there will be 4 new machines! (Ok,FT is secondhand..)
    I sold a lot of pins over the last months and the new ones are a long waiting game...but i am done with buying back pins i used to own..
    Every time i think to myself; yup...that is why i sold it...
    So this time around all fresh gear!

IMG_8643 (resized).JPGIMG_8643 (resized).JPG

IMG_8644 (resized).JPGIMG_8644 (resized).JPG

#1195 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Meantime in England my Full Throttle is being picked up..
    The seller tricked out the FT with the big lcd in the backbox.
    As we speak it is being loaded,the courier is the kind of courier that travels around and practically lives in his van,collecting as much work as he can on his roadtrip.
    It might take another week,because he does little jobs inbetween...but hey? It is coming!
    I heard the Dialed in LE and Houdini i ordered will be here very soon,the container they sit in is almost here from the usa.
    So gigantic upgrade in the gameroom!
    Together with Starwars there will be 4 new machines! (Ok,FT is secondhand..)
    I sold a lot of pins over the last months and the new ones are a long waiting game...but i am done with buying back pins i used to own..
    Every time i think to myself; yup...that is why i sold it...
    So this time around all fresh gear!

Congrats!! Dialed in is Awesome, you will love it man!!
    Didnt know Houdini was shipping yet? Pretty awesome if they are!

#1196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Congrats!! Dialed in is Awesome, you will love it man!!
    Didnt know Houdini was shipping yet? Pretty awesome if they are!

Yeah played Dialed In at the pinball museum and we liked it a lot.
    Hard to hear the machine in an environment like that,but the shots were awesome!
    I ordered the 2 machines at ministry of pinball ( they have the booth in the pinball museum ) and he was pretty convinced both machines were almost here?
    I am not following American Pinball at all so you could be right.

#1197 6 years ago

Finally bought a lab power supply,i was so done not being able to test mechs and coils because i have nothing that makes 50 volts DC..
    This lab supply does 0 - 120 volts so we can test leds,coils,motors etc.
    Another plus is...you can test what voltage a certain mech runs best on.
    Should be arriving oncoming week.
    We have no PROC board set yet for the crazy mansion so this way we can give stuff juice.
    Check if things we build are strong enough..we always sort of guess how big a coil we need and mostly we are lucky and it works,but it is maybe time to stop pushing our luck

IMG_8778 (resized).PNGIMG_8778 (resized).PNG

#1198 6 years ago

Somewhere in the build it would be nice to pay homage to the Minions build. Maybe a chained up minion in an electric chair in the asylum. The next should have something from all before it. A bit like B/W cows only more tangible. Just a thought.

#1199 6 years ago

Finally bought a lab power supply,i was so done not being able to test mechs and coils because i have nothing that makes 50 volts DC..
    This lab supply does 0 - 120 volts so we can test leds,coils,motors etc.
    Another plus is...you can test what voltage a certain mech runs best on.
    Should be arriving oncoming week.
    We have no PROC board set yet for the crazy mansion so this way we can give stuff juice.
    Check if things we build are strong enough..we always sort of guess how big a coil we need and mostly we are lucky and it works,but it is maybe time to stop pushing our luck

I hope you checked the amperage rating. Alot of those cheap lab supplies are rated under 5 amps.

#1200 6 years ago

So on a slam ramp you slam the ball airborne...at least that is what i mean with it.
    I might be wrong too

Just an FYI, the term slam ramp comes from No Good Gophers I believe. It is called that, because the ramp piece actually slams down into the the playfield to turn into a ramp for shooting up the top playfield.

Awesome build, just stumbled across it, will be following in the future!

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.