Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 255.
    #9351 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

You can just mix those with regular ones to make your own Russian roulette!

The Flammin Hot ones aren't that hot.

However ... over in the UK:
    https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/school-bans-spicy-doritos-roulette-after-student-stops-breathing

#9352 4 years ago

Pussy kids nowerdays

#9353 4 years ago

BOOM!
    Superclean and sexy

236DA011-497F-48F8-87FD-9003D664D039 (resized).jpeg236DA011-497F-48F8-87FD-9003D664D039 (resized).jpeg849A2230-7356-4552-AF51-51DEEEA87520 (resized).jpeg849A2230-7356-4552-AF51-51DEEEA87520 (resized).jpeg
    #9354 4 years ago

Allright,there we go,the code up until today.
    Have a great weekend amigos,where ever you are

#9355 4 years ago

Awesome!

#9356 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Spectacular summary! It's great that you guys keep this thread rolling for so long - any chance you are going to bring it state-side sometime? Texas? Pintastic? SFGE? Northwest? Expo? Would be a huge win for whatever show can make it happen.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#9357 4 years ago

great update and explanation of the game up to now - looks very cool, and love the sounds - really adds to the feel of the game

well done

#9358 4 years ago

Awesome!!!

#9359 4 years ago

Awesome gameplay! Where did dicks abduction videos go?

One minor remark: Do you plan to indicate how many shots are remaining in quality mode? Like turning off/blinking more lights in front of the shot on every hit?

#9360 4 years ago

I mailed Mirco playfields a couple of times if he could please take along a professional whitewood for us so we could pick it up at the show(for our final playfield version.)
    And he did,costed us €50.[quoted image]

I ask mirco 32 white round 3/4 inserts for my Totan remake.
    He said no, didn't want to help me.
    There's not enough money for him.
    I hope you havend got soft dimple wood.

#9361 4 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from rkahr:

Spectacular summary! It's great that you guys keep this thread rolling for so long - any chance you are going to bring it state-side sometime? Texas? Pintastic? SFGE? Northwest? Expo? Would be a huge win for whatever show can make it happen.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Yeah first step was international/UK pinfest which was a blast!
    So we would love to take it across the atlantic!

Quoted from swinks:

great update and explanation of the game up to now - looks very cool, and love the sounds - really adds to the feel of the game
    well done

Yeah,it runs well,code has rough edges though.
    Next up is the sound effects if you hit mode shots.

Thanks amigo!

Quoted from jabdoa:

Awesome gameplay! Where did dicks abduction videos go?
    One minor remark: Do you plan to indicate how many shots are remaining in quality mode? Like turning off/blinking more lights in front of the shot on every hit?

Oh beard forgot to show the abduction vids in the video,they are still in his mode ofcourse!
    And yeah,maybe the heads will tell you the amount of shots left or the inserts will show you.
    It’s on the todo list indeed.
    Thanks man!

Quoted from pinballwil:

He told me all his time goes into making playfields for big companies,he quits the little parts business...you need crazy amounts of stock...
    he actually did not reply our emails for 6 months but we mailed him one last time to beg him for a whitewood and despite no conformation he still took it to dpo.
    So he is tough to reach but i feel he is loving our hobby,just no time for small orders.
    Anyway,we were thankful for the whitewood and paid the €50.
    And dimples,we don’t really care about that.
    I would be over the moon to have a Stern quality playfield with dimples in Crazy Mansion

#9362 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

He did inserts for us when he did a playfield with inserts for us. Mirco isn't the most responsive guy but he always made playfields for us. As a one-off you are simply last in the priority list if somebody else wants hundreds of playfields. Shipping small amounts of inserts (even hundreds) is another type of business.

#9363 4 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

He did inserts for us when he did a playfield with inserts for us. Mirco isn't the most responsive guy but he always made playfields for us. As a one-off you are simply last in the priority list if somebody else wants hundreds of playfields. Shipping small amounts of inserts (even hundreds) is another type of business.

You know nothing, is spoke him myself.
    He would do a one-off playfield for me if i want to i didn't ask it myself he did. He sells 1000 smal parts so your talk is bulshit.
    So if 60 euro for 1 envelop small inserts ist enough well....
    I buy them somewhere else just like the rest i need to build my machine.
    So good luck with your Mirco playfield, they look great thats true.

#9364 4 years ago

I custom made all my inserts on a 3d printer. If you're struggling I can maybe make some.

#9365 4 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

I custom made all my inserts on a 3d printer. If you're struggling I can maybe make some.

Any pics of inserts and maybe with lights? What did you create that you needed inserts? Or was it for a broken one on one of your games?

#9366 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

You know nothing, is spoke him myself.
    He would do a one-off playfield for me if i want to i didn't ask it myself he did. He sells 1000 smal parts so your talk is bulshit.
    So if 60 euro for 1 envelop small inserts ist enough well....
    I buy them somewhere else just like the rest i need to build my machine.
    So good luck with your Mirco playfield, they look great thats true.

Hey Wil,this is a moderation notice from the Pinball Amigos,we don’t like talk like this in our topic.
    Jabdoa wasn’t even attacking you in any way,he merely says Mirco is a busy man
    That’s all.
    This is not the rest of pinside,you are in the cosy Amigo topic.
    Relax.
    People all want to help you here.

#9367 4 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

See pinball Wil?
    People help over here.

#9368 4 years ago

Hey Wil,this is a moderation notice from the Pinball Amigos,we don’t like talk like this in our topic.
    Jabdoa wasn’t even attacking you in any way,he merely says Mirco is a busy man
    That’s all.
    This is not the rest of pinside,you are in the cosy Amigo topic.
    Relax.
    People all want to help you here.

Yeah your right sorry.
    My english is not so well so sometimes i use short words like bulshit instead of "that isn't true" so it reads al little bit harder, sorry.

#9369 4 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Thanks i let you know i wil send you a pm.

#9370 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:Yeah your right sorry.
    My english is not so well so sometimes i use short words like bulshit instead of "that isn't true" so it reads al little bit harder, sorry.

That’s allright,understood...we are all pinball amigos here in this topic.

#9371 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any pics of inserts and maybe with lights? What did you create that you needed inserts? Or was it for a broken one on one of your games?

eDXrk3QhiYRo-f5Tyx21DA663277 (resized).jpgeDXrk3QhiYRo-f5Tyx21DA663277 (resized).jpg20100809_001 (resized).jpg20100809_001 (resized).jpg20100825_001 (resized).jpg20100825_001 (resized).jpg
    #9372 4 years ago

I laser cut mine out of acrylic.

#9373 4 years ago

That right return lane is gonna be trippy when the game is flowing! Awesome work boys..love the modes and can't wait to see it all come together! Lower playfield and the ufo are gonna be sweeeet! And the corrispondong video's are hilarious but match the game play as well! Haha, love it !! Suicidal Tendencies song "institutionalized" could almost work somewhere in there! Maybe a different version slowed down and recorded by the amigo's?! Cheers from an smokey area in canada

#9374 4 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WHAT!? That is so awesome!
    I really want a 3d printer now
    Do you know a good brand?
    I would like to make larger stuff too

#9375 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I laser cut mine out of acrylic.

How?
    I didn’t know it was an option to make them yourselves?!

#9376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That right return lane is gonna be trippy when the game is flowing! Awesome work boys..love the modes and can't wait to see it all come together! Lower playfield and the ufo are gonna be sweeeet! And the corrispondong video's are hilarious but match the game play as well! Haha, love it !! Suicidal Tendencies song "institutionalized" could almost work somewhere in there! Maybe a different version slowed down and recorded by the amigo's?! Cheers from an smokey area in canada

Hey thanks man!
    Yeah you need to visualize the lcd in the lower playfield working and the playfield lowering when a video plays,that kinda stuff is gonna rock!
    I loved suicidal tendencies from the first moment i heard it,guess i was 17 or sumtin’.
    I remember sitting in a “smokey area” and me and my buddy heard suicidal for the first time...we tuned in at “i am ok mom,i am just thinking,why don’t you bring me a pepsi...and she goes:” no! You’re crazy!”
    We started listening and nearly pissed ourselves rofl.

#9377 4 years ago

WHAT!? That is so awesome!
    I really want a 3d printer now
    Do you know a good brand?
    I would like to make larger stuff too

Yeah that's a quarter million pound machine. May get something useful from formlabs.

#9378 4 years ago

Seeing as how your girl is a huge Alice Cooper fan maybe something from his "From the inside " album might be appropriate to incorporate ...just a thought...great to follow along BTW, cheers.

#9379 4 years ago

How?
    I didn’t know it was an option to make them yourselves?!

Huh? I did it in my STMU thread years ago:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball#post-611273

It really was that easy.
    You aren't limited to any elemental shape; you can do anything you want - usually the limit is the shape a CNC endmill will make in the resulting playfield. IE most shapes will need round corners because of the round endmills.

Every insert in STMU was Laser cut from acrylic except the star rollover switches. I didn't use any "purchased"/existing inserts.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball/page/4#post-1298689

#9380 4 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Yeah that's a quarter million pound machine. May get something useful from formlabs.

Aaah a quarter million pound you say...

Quoted from mymalibu:

Seeing as how your girl is a huge Alice Cooper fan maybe something from his "From the inside " album might be appropriate to incorporate ...just a thought...great to follow along BTW, cheers.

We try to avoid licensed stuff as much as possible in the machine.
    In the end,we want the machine to be our invention with our fruity stuff,build from scratch.
    During the Despicable Me build so many people adressed the license it became annoying you know.

Quoted from Zitt:

Huh? I did it in my STMU thread years ago:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball#post-611273
    It really was that easy.
    You aren't limited to any elemental shape; you can do anything you want - usually the limit is the shape a CNC endmill will make in the resulting playfield. IE most shapes will need round corners because of the round endmills.
    Every insert in STMU was Laser cut from acrylic except the star rollover switches. I didn't use any "purchased"/existing inserts.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball/page/4#post-1298689

That laser etched whirl insert is sooo cool dude..

#9381 4 years ago

Off topic:
    Teardown of the monte carlo.
    It is a car from hell.
    It is bad,really really bad.

#9382 4 years ago

Off topic:
    It is a car from hell.

Didnt watch the vidyet, but make sure to check the frame rails from the axle back. They like to rot there

#9383 4 years ago

We try to avoid licensed stuff as much as possible in the machine.
    In the end,we want the machine to be our invention with our fruity stuff,build from scratch.
    During the Despicable Me build so many people adressed the license it became annoying you know.

Ya I hear ya, keep it original ,cheers.

#9384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

Didnt watch the vidyet, but make sure to check the frame rails from the axle back. They like to rot there

Yeah so i heard...i have been checking for rot between body and rails but it seems okay?

Quoted from mymalibu:

Ya I hear ya, keep it original ,cheers.

This machine will be amigo signature from the ground up(almost!)

#9385 4 years ago

Off topic:
    It is a car from hell.

Have a similar car, owned it since 1989.

IMG_1427 (resized).JPGIMG_1427 (resized).JPG
    #9386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Have a similar car, owned it since 1989.[quoted image]

Nice ride! Way better looking car than mine lol

#9387 4 years ago

So as i am sipping my morning coffee,something is starting to sink in..something has been bugging me for weeks now....this is not an Alice Cooper pinball?
    Hear me out:
    1)Alice Cooper is not on the playfield,just a ghoul or sumtin..
    2)there’s weird monsters everywhere on the cab but nothing is Alice Cooper related? It is fantasy artwork?
    3)who is Igor? A blue dude?

The only way i can see it: Alice Cooper was later added to this machine’s theme.
    And then called “A C’s nightmare castle” because it could be his nightmare.
    Don’t get me wrong,it shoots well and all,but if i’d build an Alice Cooper pinball,there would be nurses with needles , a big Frankenstein,a straight jacket multiball and two headed babies bash toys in there?
    Two scenarios:
    1)Alice Cooper was later added to this monster theme and was later called “his noghtmare”so it would integrate in the theme.
    2)the creators did 0 research on who Alice Cooper is .

0AD9273E-1507-4164-9134-120EC67FA7CE (resized).jpeg0AD9273E-1507-4164-9134-120EC67FA7CE (resized).jpeg45C9216D-B3E4-4115-B812-14D794E79350 (resized).jpeg45C9216D-B3E4-4115-B812-14D794E79350 (resized).jpegEFCE1DB5-B53F-405D-9B5B-B438A097BDEB (resized).jpegEFCE1DB5-B53F-405D-9B5B-B438A097BDEB (resized).jpeg
    #9388 4 years ago

And who is this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9389 4 years ago

And who is this?[quoted image]

But in all fairness name one time you've seen yourself in your own dream. I "guess" it is supposed to be his nightmare so no more guess work. Back to coding! I want to see this thing shoot yo!

#9390 4 years ago

Over the past few weeks I read my way back through both the Minion and Crazy Mansion threads. Great stuff! I love how you guys gather up some junk, bang it together and see where it takes you. Other home-brew projects are all...

CAD drawing, blah, blah, blah...

I lose interest in those projects long before anything actually happens.

Here's a post that jumped out at me from the Minion thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday/page/32#post-3367961

Birth of the Crazy Mansion?

On a side note, that pile of interior trim from the Monte Carlo flashed me back to my "granny-mobile". I inherited a '78 Malibu from my great grandmother. No idea why, but she picked the two-door, V8 model. So it was a relatively cool car as great grandmother cars go. It once had a burgundy interior. But by the time it came to me the plastic was a brittle mess of faded puke purple.

On another side note, was the Minions code reconstruction ever finished? Maybe I missed that.

On yet another side note, I try to hush my OCD, but it wants to speak... Please touch up the paint on the tip of the nose of the talking heads.

Looking forward to the next Friday update!

#9391 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

But in all fairness name one time you've seen yourself in your own dream. I "guess" it is supposed to be his nightmare so no more guess work. Back to coding! I want to see this thing shoot yo!

Hahaha,patience is key amigo!

Quoted from JeffZee:

Over the past few weeks I read my way back through both the Minion and Crazy Mansion threads. Great stuff! I love how you guys gather up some junk, bang it together and see where it takes you. Other home-brew projects are all...
    I lose interest in those projects long before anything actually happens.
    Here's a post that jumped out at me from the Minion thread...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-building-a-minions-pinball-updates-every-friday/page/32#post-3367961
    Birth of the Crazy Mansion?
    On a side note, that pile of interior trim from the Monte Carlo flashed me back to my "granny-mobile". I inherited a '78 Malibu from my great grandmother. No idea why, but she picked the two-door, V8 model. So it was a relatively cool car as great grandmother cars go. It once had a burgundy interior. But by the time it came to me the plastic was a brittle mess of faded puke purple.
    On another side note, was the Minions code reconstruction ever finished? Maybe I missed that.
    On yet another side note, I try to hush my OCD, but it wants to speak... Please touch up the paint on the tip of the nose of the talking heads.
    Looking forward to the next Friday update!

Great you read through the topics man,you are up to date now!

The Crazy Mansion was indeed born out of that roadshow mess,thát was the exact moment...we bought the donor with the extra heads and BOOM!

Yeah...that plastic goes brittle like fuck,americans should add more plasticizer!!!

Minions runs on basic code for it to be playable at shows...i have no time working on it during Crazy Mansion...we are gonna jump back into theminion topic once Crazy is finished and build some cool code for it!

Oh the noses...yeah...they scrape the wood when we take em out and in...yeah...we should adress that...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9392 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:Off topic:
    It is a car from hell.

I may be the only person who didn't know this... But just in case, if you click on the gear icon at the bottom of the YouTube viewer, you can setup auto translated subtitles in English! Pretty cool.

#9393 4 years ago

I had no idea. That's awesome!

#9394 4 years ago
    Quoted from PDFVT:

I may be the only person who didn't know this... But just in case, if you click on the gear icon at the bottom of the YouTube viewer, you can setup auto translated subtitles in English! Pretty cool.

I didn't know that! the whole time I was watching it I was waiting to hear the
    "Het wordt tijd voor een steegje" part too!

#9395 4 years ago
    Quoted from fanuminski:

I didn't know that! the whole time I was watching it I was waiting to hear the
    "Het wordt tijd voor een steegje" part too!

Hahaha

#9396 4 years ago

Ok, its crazy Friday which means crazy mansion time!!

Looking forward to lots of beards and alley meetings, plus some crazy building ofcourse

#9397 4 years ago

Its 7 a.m. over here..my math says they're in the back alley!

#9398 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Ok, its crazy Friday which means crazy mansion time!!
    Looking forward to lots of beards and alley meetings, plus some crazy building ofcourse

You bet!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Its 7 a.m. over here..my math says they're in the back alley!

Well..not quite..still in my shop about to go home.
    Did some strippin’ on the Monte Carlo lowrider project!

#9399 4 years ago

Bas, saw this on Craigslist and BEER CRATE came to mind!

6C0B9D4C-AC58-4759-BAF2-65CAEEAE0ACA (resized).jpeg6C0B9D4C-AC58-4759-BAF2-65CAEEAE0ACA (resized).jpeg
    #9400 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Bas, saw this on Craigslist and BEER CRATE came to mind![quoted image]

Kinda strange to have an overweight sweaty dude as a commercial right?
    I would’ve used boobs to make my beer ad?!
    Did you find the time to fix the tuborg crate i sent you?

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/188?hl=fmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.