Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 255.
    #8801 4 years ago

Beard and Dick are wiring the new rgb’s...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8802 4 years ago

I am adding a new string(string 1) to the code in the meantime...

#8804 4 years ago

Have a great weekend friends!

#8805 4 years ago

NICE! That ramp insert is going to cause seizures. Haha. Lights are looking freaking awesome! Well done Amigos

#8806 4 years ago

looks great guys, well done, another productive fun night

#8807 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

NICE! That ramp insert is going to cause seizures. Haha. Lights are looking freaking awesome! Well done Amigos

Thanks man!
    Now it’s time for beard’s medicine

4A40DDF2-21C5-4B17-9A27-858DACA5F702 (resized).jpeg4A40DDF2-21C5-4B17-9A27-858DACA5F702 (resized).jpeg
    #8808 4 years ago

Looks like the coffee was extra Dutch today

#8809 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Looks like the coffee was extra Dutch today

Woohoo!!!

#8810 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Me:turns around
    Dude,why you so close,back off [quoted image]

That clinches it. I need a Beard Bobblehead.

#8811 4 years ago

With audio:
    Dude hold this fuckin wire....no! Hold still! Fuck! The solder is...jezus! What’s wrong with you!!
    Ouch! My finger!
    Hold the torch straight!
    Moron!

LOVE THE AUDIO!!!

#8812 4 years ago
    Quoted from BKT2AF:

That clinches it. I need a Beard Bobblehead.

Hahaha! Yeah! We need merch!!

Quoted from Pintucky:

LOVE THE AUDIO!!!

Hahaha

#8813 4 years ago

BOOM !!

New pinball term : Epileptic Insert

#8814 4 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

Nice light show!
    Just one suggestion to make it look nicer: Set "hardware_led_fade_time: 20" (or a value between 20 and 100ms) inside your fast section. This will transition lights more smoothly and should look a bit more like bulbs. Requires a recent fast firmware though (maybe max a year or two).

Did you guys add this? I think it would make the lights look even better

#8815 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

BOOM !!
    New pinball term : Epileptic Insert

Hahaha

Quoted from Phantasize:

Did you guys add this? I think it would make the lights look even better

No,we are gonna build the code when it is playable.
    It was great advise and we will totally take it to heart,but i throw simple shows together for testing purposes only.
    This code is version 0.0001

#8816 4 years ago

So how close are you guys to calling the hardware design piece done?
    Any ideas on the play field art? (you know the golden rule - sharing is caring) lol
    And can I request a video of the beard doing this?
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ab03ea73-2b7b-44c6-a149-44bf1b306575
    or
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1e5eca1d-d64e-4276-8b7e-33c2fa2719a3

#8817 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

So how close are you guys to calling the hardware design piece done?
    Any ideas on the play field art? (you know the golden rule - sharing is caring) lol
    And can I request a video of the beard doing this?
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ab03ea73-2b7b-44c6-a149-44bf1b306575
    or
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1e5eca1d-d64e-4276-8b7e-33c2fa2719a3

I guess we will be busy for another 6 months on the hardware,for example detailing the backbox mansion rooms etc.
    The smoke machine needs a valve system so we can redirect the smoke to other places than the playfield mansion only.
    We are thinking about sort of a cartoony aging board floor as playfield art for the main playfield and different artwork for the 3 other playfields(to be determined)
    It is a lot of work and we are not in a hurry,it is good fun creating this machine!
    The first vid is actually doable for Mic

#8818 4 years ago

Can’t rush a good thing.

#8819 4 years ago

Love following the progress. Take your time. It is the best show that I watch on Friday night.

#8820 4 years ago

you guys crack me up ... love the progress! I'm hoping to hear the heads talk/sing some more soon?
    enjoy the Friday updates cheers!

#8821 4 years ago

I've really enjoyed reading both your build threads. You've also helped squish my desire to design and build a machine. You're going to have close to 3 years into this before it's done. I think I've got a 3 MONTH tolerance level and if it's not done it won"t get done.
    I like the idea of a weathered floor look. Just concerned it might make the game too dark but I guess if you have enough spotlights that would help offset it. How about an extreme opposite (a lights out mode) where all lights are off (represents touring the mansion blind insert video of breaker panel getting shut off) trying to find your way out of a room/floor. Code is randomized so it's never the same.

#8822 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Can’t rush a good thing.

Thanks man,cheers!

Quoted from Burley9043:

Love following the progress. Take your time. It is the best show that I watch on Friday night.

It’s the best thing we can do with our friday too

Quoted from fanuminski:

you guys crack me up ... love the progress! I'm hoping to hear the heads talk/sing some more soon?
    enjoy the Friday updates cheers!

Yeah,we need to get that going,first we will use our own voices to “model” the code and then we pay an online voice actor(s) to do the right voices.
    But first we’ll use our own voices.

Quoted from CLEllison:

I've really enjoyed reading both your build threads. You've also helped squish my desire to design and build a machine. You're going to have close to 3 years into this before it's done. I think I've got a 3 MONTH tolerance level and if it's not done it won"t get done.
    I like the idea of a weathered floor look. Just concerned it might make the game too dark but I guess if you have enough spotlights that would help offset it. How about an extreme opposite (a lights out mode) where all lights are off (represents touring the mansion blind insert video of breaker panel getting shut off) trying to find your way out of a room/floor. Code is randomized so it's never the same.

Hm i really like that idea...maybe a video plus sound effect of a breaker panel shorting out and thén have all the lights go out...next you only hear a heartbeat pounding slowly(the patient’s heartbeat,trying to escape the mansion)..and then you need to make your way out by shooting shots that light up..
    Every shot triggers a bat flying away,a door squeeking etc.
    And maybe with every shot the heartbeat starts pounding faster?
    We are totally gonna do that bro,thanks for the idea!
    Damn,why is it monday morning!!!
    I wanna work on the mansion now!!

#8823 4 years ago

And maybe with every shot the heartbeat starts pounding faster?
    We are totally gonna do that bro,thanks for the idea!

Maybe your spot lamps can have RGB lights that would pulse red with every heart beat adding distraction to the mode? Hmmm - do they even make such a thing? /shrug Regardless you could have your inserts do the job if not.
    And every shot made during lights out mode the lamps (or inserts) would pulse lightening white to represent turning on a switch?

#8824 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Maybe your spot lamps can have RGB lights that would pulse red with every heart beat adding distraction to the mode? Hmmm - do they even make such a thing? /shrug Regardless you could have your inserts do the job if not.
    And every shot made during lights out mode the lamps (or inserts) would pulse lightening white to represent turning on a switch?

Right,we need to have GI RGB in that case,the pulsing red would be fenomenal?

#8825 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Maybe your spot lamps can have RGB lights that would pulse red with every heart beat ...

This is something you see and I have on my Gorgar. A simple circuit is wired across the speaker which fires a bright red led which is located on the backglass in the area of Gorgars heart. It just matches the thump from his heartbeat, looks really cool, but may not work if there are other loud sound present. I'm happy to give the circuit I used for anyone who wants it.

#8826 4 years ago

Right,we need to have GI RGB in that case,the pulsing red would be fenomenal?

China Christmas lights should do that. They are about 15€ per 50. I gave you a few of those at DPO. Available on Amazon, ebay or AliExpress.

#8827 4 years ago
    Quoted from SYS6:

This is something you see and I have on my Gorgar. A simple circuit is wired across the speaker which fires a bright red led which is located on the backglass in the area of Gorgars heart. It just matches the thump from his heartbeat, looks really cool, but may not work if there are other loud sound present. I'm happy to give the circuit I used for anyone who wants it.

So kind thanks man,but Jabdoa gave us a bunch of bulb style gi lights already.
    But thanks for wanting to contribute,supercool

Quoted from jabdoa:

China Christmas lights should do that. They are about 15€ per 50. I gave you a few of those at DPO. Available on Amazon, ebay or AliExpress.

Ah! Hey Jab,yeah we are gonna roll with these...
    Do they mix with the FAST RGBS?
    Or do they need a seperate string?

#8828 4 years ago

Ah! Hey Jab,yeah we are gonna roll with these...
    Do they mix with the FAST RGBS?
    Or do they need a seperate string?

They should mix with fast. Just another color order (RGB vs GRB).

#8829 4 years ago

6 weeks to dpo, are you guy's coming to the dutch dpo expo 2019?.

#8830 4 years ago

Hey amigos! Rock and roll !!!

E4DF84CA-C1CA-44B2-9626-1A046CF22510 (resized).jpegE4DF84CA-C1CA-44B2-9626-1A046CF22510 (resized).jpeg
    #8831 4 years ago

Party time

#8832 4 years ago

You bet bro!!

FA9839DB-2594-414C-BC71-107E10E9D13F (resized).jpegFA9839DB-2594-414C-BC71-107E10E9D13F (resized).jpeg
    #8833 4 years ago

Hey guys! Remind me about this in 10 minutes!

#8834 4 years ago

I put 2 red bulls in the freezer,if i forget,they are lost forever,let’s not let that happen
    CACD809D-1BDE-48FA-8DBE-A77008445A49 (resized).jpegCACD809D-1BDE-48FA-8DBE-A77008445A49 (resized).jpeg

#8835 4 years ago

Beard,what shall we do tonight?

#8836 4 years ago

RED BULL !!!!

#8837 4 years ago

GO MAX !!!

#8839 4 years ago

Oh fuck! Right!

#8840 4 years ago

Thanks guys,they are perfect!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8842 4 years ago

Dude let’s see if that heartbeat idea with jabdoa’s GI is gonna work!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8843 4 years ago

Let’s make a GI layout beard

7BD9EC0F-5941-42FB-925A-18881AEE1959 (resized).jpeg7BD9EC0F-5941-42FB-925A-18881AEE1959 (resized).jpeg
    #8844 4 years ago

Wow that is a disappointing drawing...

#8845 4 years ago

Let’s first take a look if nothing is blocking our path under the playfield...the most sensible thing to do!

D70E5E83-333F-4CEE-9855-20F835BEEC4B (resized).jpegD70E5E83-333F-4CEE-9855-20F835BEEC4B (resized).jpeg
    #8846 4 years ago

Ok we confirmed our GI layout fits,this is gonna be a lot of soldering,we need to solder in some length inbetween the rgb’s...these chinese bastards always go cheap on thickness or length of wires

#8847 4 years ago

That arrow indicates the “ in” side of this first rgb

FD37AEFE-C7E9-44E3-8E62-F7DC6A7913D6 (resized).jpegFD37AEFE-C7E9-44E3-8E62-F7DC6A7913D6 (resized).jpeg
    #8848 4 years ago

The first extension is 6 foot long or so...we need to have a little slack from the nano controller in the cabinet to the playfield,plús the playfield needs to shove in and out sometimes..(okay not sometimes....a lot...)
    81F2399D-4FB7-42D4-AA83-3210FCBC9DBE (resized).jpeg81F2399D-4FB7-42D4-AA83-3210FCBC9DBE (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8849 4 years ago

Extended,boom!

#8850 4 years ago

Ok beard is taking over the soldering

1E83E0FB-3848-4F19-A3FF-F9F61F9ECD25 (resized).jpeg1E83E0FB-3848-4F19-A3FF-F9F61F9ECD25 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.