3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    prod_1819003712 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Probably the most used tool for pin repair is the hollow shaft, thin wall, nut driver.

Faster than you can find the proper socket for your wrench, this is "the" color coded nut driver set.

The set uses the same colors as the one your grandfather had, so the red is the familiar 1/4", the yellow 5/16"... you get the idea.

The shafts are hollow, so the screw threads enter it without the need for a deep well socket or open ended wrench (you need this for pop bumpers).

Wrap the shaft with a layer of electrical tape if you like to live dangerously and service playfield lights with the power on, lol

Regularly $40 on sale for $20

Lifetime warranty through Sears or B&D

https://www.sears.com/craftsman-10-pc-nutdriver-set-in-zippered-case/p-00950209000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

prod_1819003712 (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

Some electricians use shrink tubing to insulate the shafts.

Shrink the tubing first, THEN trim it flush with the end of the socket.

#3 3 months ago

Thanks vid1900 for the link and info. you provide on this--and all you have contributed to Pinside over the years !!!

#4 3 months ago

Ordered, thx vid1900 !

#5 3 months ago

Because of the hollow shaft, these do not have the little magnet in the socket like Klein.

Leave them stuck to a speaker magnet, in a single position, for a week or so, if you want them magnetized.

#6 3 months ago

Needed a new complete set. Ordered - thx!

#7 3 months ago

I've been using these for a while now. All pinheads need these...........as well as for other things too..........

#8 3 months ago

Isn't 11/32 used in some games? Noticed this set doesn’t include it... still a pretty good deal and you could always supplement with a one-off additional one.

#9 3 months ago

Got me again Vid. Grazie.

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Isn't 11/32 used in some games? Noticed this set doesn’t include it... still a pretty good deal and you could always supplement with a one-off additional one.

I think one of the metric ones will work in a pinch. Can anyone confirm this?

#11 3 months ago

11/32 is 9mm

#12 3 months ago

Thanks for the tip. I just bought my first pin and I wanted to start getting the right tools. Picked up the set today and ordered my first mod.

#14 3 months ago

2.9" shaft? You're working with a small shaft there...

I've been using this set, and I really like the large handles and 5" shaft: keeps your hand clear of the mechs and wires.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=74

#15 3 months ago

Just came in the mail today. Very nice... thanks Vid!
    faz

#16 3 months ago

I picked one up today, thanks Vid. Was very impressed with the "buy online pick up in store" process. Swiped my credit card when I got there and 82 seconds later they handed me my kit. Just can't help wonder if that's my last Sears purchase ever?

#17 3 months ago

Slight thread hijack..

Included in my online order summary

pasted_image (resized).png

Kinda sad that it's come to this. And it's 20 min to the closest Sears store so, I had to ship it.

I hope they can pull out. I worked for Spiegel Catalog for 15 years; the four "P's" killed Spiegel: Paper, Printing, Postage and Phone costs. Actually, now that I think about it, back in 1995 Spiegel bought the Sears warehouse in Columbus Ohio when SEARS got out of catalog.

I went to that warehouse a few times.. it was AMAZING! Being in IT I rarely had to visit the warehouses but I was privileged to see the 35th street warehouse in Chicago several times before it shut down and the Newport News Warehouse in Hampton VA AKA "The Wolf".

Thread back on track

faz

#18 3 months ago

Wish they were magnetic

#19 3 months ago

I bought a set of these a few years ago on Sears Black Friday sale to keep in my game room and I love them. The only problem is , I am always borrowing them to use else where and they are never in the game room when I need them and I'm always having to hunt them down! Just bought two more sets to put in my shop and service truck. Problem solved!

#20 3 months ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Wish they were magnetic

You can just open your pin, stick the heads to the speaker magnet in the cab, don't move them for a few days, they will be magnetic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside