Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kobaltpickups (resized).JPG
    inflate (resized).PNG
    06D50CB8-F802-4A17-B214-753FF3BA8C94 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00461 (resized).JPG
    kobalt (resized).PNG
    6280AA46-E1AD-460B-8EC2-8FE020773695 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drill (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

What brands do you folks use and why? Favorite tools?

I'm pretty heavy into the Kobalt 24v stuff. I also own some Ryobi 18v. I get a deal on a set of tools or some sort of free battery offer and go from there. Both brands can be found pretty inexpensively on the slightly used market.

My favorite tool at the moment...

kobalt (resized).PNGkobalt (resized).PNG

#2 3 years ago

Drop the cordless and leave it power tools thread. I’m a general contractor/carpenter so this thread is right up my alley. There are so many awesome tools but don’t come cordless so your title limits the discussion I think.

#3 3 years ago

Milwaukee hackzall, it's like having another hand

#4 3 years ago

Got one of these to replace two aging Panasonic drills. Love it.

Handy, especially if you don't want to deal with 50 feet of extension cord.

LTG : )

drill (resized).JPGdrill (resized).JPG
    #5 3 years ago

I've been using the Bosch 12V tools. Mainly HVAC work and with the sheet metal cutters along with the $60 flashlight, small recip saw and drill it fits my needs perfectly. Even the hammer drill (when used in the morter spaces) works great for mounting disconnect boxes. If I need brute force I have my old Ryobi 18v tools.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6 3 years ago

Makita has the best complete line!!! Been using as a contractor since 1993.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Milwaukee hackzall, it's like having another hand

Quoted from LTG:

Got one of these to replace two aging Panasonic drills. Love it.
    Handy, especially if you don't want to deal with 50 feet of extension cord.
    [quoted image]

I picked up a Milwaukee impact driver set recently and they threw in a free sawzaw when you purchase the set.
    Been using the sawzaw like crazy lately to trim overgrown trees. Way better than using a chainsaw on small to medium sized branches. It’s really handy and saving me a lot of time.

#8 3 years ago

Bosch all the way for me. My late Dad was a Rockwell/Porter-Cable guy who used them for his trade of carpentry.

#9 3 years ago

The cordless industrial tools we used before I retired were Milwaukee and DeWalt. For home I bought all 20V DeWalt. Besides tools, for around the yard I bought the DeWalt 20V weed wacker, hedge trimmer, and axial blower.

#10 3 years ago

This is one of my favorite tools that I use almost everyday for something. They make a cordless version but never tried it. I also have a cordless rigid multi tool (which I like as well) with the interchangeable tool heads, but it’s not nearly as powerful as the fein.
    My main gripe though is the blades are unbelievably expensive.
    6280AA46-E1AD-460B-8EC2-8FE020773695 (resized).jpeg6280AA46-E1AD-460B-8EC2-8FE020773695 (resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

Miller Falls skill saw
    Makita Drill
    Bosch Jigsaw
    Porter Cable Router, Sawzall and Sander/Polisher
    John Deere chainsaw

#13 3 years ago

I went in on a set of dewalt tools for work. After debating between Dewalt and Milwaukee for a while and comparing the Dewalt tools to the Milwaulkee tools I would go with Milwaukee next time. The chuck on the impact driver is not as good and broke and needed to be fixed. I had my Dewalt chainsaw stop working too. Both were covered under warranty but I need my tools for work so I would prefer to not have them break.

I have some 12 volt milwaulkees I use at home and I want the 12 volt soldering iron so bad! No cord to bring out for a quick solder!

#15 3 years ago

I have a mix.

Makita drill, reciprocating saw
    DeWalts 18V multitool

Lately Ive looking at getting some Ryobi stuff, their batterypowdered solderingstation is interesting.

#16 3 years ago

I believe Milwaukee is the only company out of those mentioned, still making their tools in USA instead of China.

#17 3 years ago

Milwaukee is China made for sure. Maybe decades ago it was made in USA.

#18 3 years ago

I always find this stuff interesting. Who owns who in the corporate world

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/power-tool-manufacturers-who-owns-them/43632/

#19 3 years ago

Miller Falls was a great American Brand, if you find one used take a second look, they can be rebuilt.

#20 3 years ago

I also picked up a Milwaukee light. Should have done it years ago. Huge magnet, a clamp, hook to hang by. Front pulls down to aim it. Really helps light things up inside a game to work on.

DSC00461 (resized).JPGDSC00461 (resized).JPG
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I always find this stuff interesting. Who owns who in the corporate world
    https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/power-tool-manufacturers-who-owns-them/43632/

I like the little note that Ryobi and Rigid are "licensed by TTI". That means anyone can make them. Though I have no complaints about my Ryobi stuff so far.

Car battery quality has gone to shit in recent years. East Penn manufacturing is one of the better manufacturers. They make a lot of the Duracell car batteries, but you have to look. It may say manufactured by or licensed by. I stay away from the licensed by batteries.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I like the little note that Ryobi and Rigid are "licensed by TTI". That means anyone can make them. Though I have no complaints about my Ryobi stuff so far.
    Car battery quality has gone to shit in recent years. East Penn manufacturing is one of the better manufacturers. They make a lot of the Duracell car batteries, but you have to look. It may say manufactured by or licensed by. I stay away from the licensed by batteries.

East Penn (Deka) makes the best batteries in North America. They private label them for the Batteries Plus chain using the Duracell brand name. Keep the economy going in Lyon Station, Pennsylvania....

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

East Penn (Deka) makes the best batteries in North America. They private label them for the Batteries Plus chain using the Duracell brand name. Keep the economy going in Lyon Station, Pennsylvania....

Sam's Club also sells them. I think they used to make Oreilly's house brand as well. I've got a Duracell made by them in my CR-V that is going on 3 years old. I generally get ~2 years out of a battery in that car.

#24 3 years ago

I do home renovations for a living. I like Milwaukee 18V. They have the best batteries IMO. However my Bosch 18V finish nail gun is the best I've used. Better than the Dewalt, PC, or PL I've had. The Milwaukee 12V screw gun is great and I use their 12V soldering gun on my pins. It heats fast and works great.

#25 3 years ago

12v Milwaukee line for home use is great. Batteries seem really good. Just got the hackzall fuel model. I haven’t tried it yet though. I’ve been eyeing up that light

#26 3 years ago

Have Sooo many tools but the one that changed everything for me was the Pasload nail guns. Could frame a full basement or flat without a sweat. Hard to justify but if you frame or do trim this is a gas fired cordless Marvel.

06D50CB8-F802-4A17-B214-753FF3BA8C94 (resized).jpeg06D50CB8-F802-4A17-B214-753FF3BA8C94 (resized).jpeg

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have Sooo many tools but the one that changed everything for me was the Pasload nail guns. Could frame a full basement or flat without a sweat. Hard to justify but if you frame or do trim this is a gas fired cordless Marvel.
    [quoted image]

Hell yeah. Definitely a life (arm) saver. Problem is I keep dealing with guys that can’t swing a hammer anymore because they got soft with tools like that.

I used to do everything by hand. My arm is getting sore now thinking of all the LVL beams I banged together back in the day.

#28 3 years ago

I highly recommend keeping one of these in your vehicle. Keeps a charge forever and is so much easier than screwing around with cords. I think all the various brands have a version of it...

inflate (resized).PNGinflate (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
    #29 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Lately Ive looking at getting some Ryobi stuff, their batterypowdered solderingstation is interesting.

Blems are on special at Direct Tools for $39.99. I almost picked one up, but really don't need it.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Products/Power-Tools/Other/Soldering-Irons/RYOBI-ONE%2B-18-Volt-Hybrid-Soldering-Station/p/P3100

#30 3 years ago

Blue Bosch is made in Malaysia

Damn. Thats a good price. It would be expensive to ship to Norway unfortunately.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Blue Bosch is made in Malaysia

Damn. Thats a good price. It would be expensive to ship to Norway unfortunately.

I’m fortunate to have a local outlet store, but yeah, shipping would suck...

#32 3 years ago

90 percent Hitachi here.
    Really love my 16 and.18 gauge Hitachi nailers.

1 month later
    #33 3 years ago

What I love about Kobalt... Over $400 retail OTD for ~$170 net....

kobaltpickups (resized).JPGkobaltpickups (resized).JPG

2 years later
    #34 10 months ago

If any of you folks need home-use quality power tools, Wal-Mart (online only) is offering some crazy deals on Hart 20V right now. Same company that makes Ryobi makes Hart.

2 gallon cordless wet/dry vac $29. Plenty more deals just like this...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HART-20-Volt-Cordless-2-Gallon-Wet-Dry-Vac-Battery-Not-Included/226337207?athbdg=L1100&from=/search

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cordless-power-tools-thread?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.