(Topic ID: 95761)

*update* smoke jet mod for any pinball machine now available!

By liorillusion

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-shot-2011-08-14-at-7-26-05-pm.png
    ses_chrome_fender_vents.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider liorillusion.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

After almost a year and a half of development, I am pleased to introduce my patent pending latest pinball mod. It is still in prototype stages and therefore not widely available yet.
    This mod utilizes 2 powerful Co2 jets that can be activated in accordance with game play/match or feature activation.
    Upon activation 2 jets emit powerful smoke bursts that generates a surprising wow effect which adds a lot to the game experience

Mod Kit:
    2 special smoke (air) jets
    1 custom PCB
    Wiring harness

Properties:
    Adjustable smoke range (0.5-4 meters)
    Adjustable jet angle positioning
    Adjustable smoke bursts time frame
    you can choose the color of the smoke (by very strong led).
    you can turn it on and off with remote control or switch when you want.
    the smoke is consists only of air. No water or oil are used.
    Safe for people and cannot damage the machine

This mod can be installed on any solid state pinball machine (Williams\Bally, Stern, Gottlieb, Data east\Sega, Jersey Jack)

Examples of usage:
    Activation at the end of match (i.e knocker simulation)
    Activation from game feature (i.e castle destroyed on Medieval Madness, Apollo 13 Multi ball etc.)

Installation:
    Plug and play installation. no wiring, drilling or soldering
    Supplied with external transformer, does not rely on game electricity system
    Can be installed anywhere on the cabinet or even inside an existing topper

There are endless possibilities of using this mod. I would like to hear any comments on my latest development. its patent pending now because my copyright
    What do you guys think?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I love how it scares the guy playing the game each time.

this is my fiend. and he was vry drunk hahahah

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPall007:

Wow... Pressurized gas on a pinball machine. How about using pressurized nitrogen with a lighter. Then your pin can send up columns of flames instead.

its not gas!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

Sorry, but CO2 is a gas, not to be confused with gasoline.
    Interesting modification and definitely would scare unaware players.

its not co2!

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

Yes, it is stated you have a patent pending on your pinball gas release modification. However, you also indicate
    you have a copyright.
    Gas release mechanisms are used in some other arcade related simulation games. I have no clue if these are patented or copyrighted, but a search should turn up an conflicts with your design.

its copy right...

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

Sorry -- I thought you were using CO2 based up the use of CO2 jets.

So you are using compressed air. No need to be evasive in your statements as you already have a copyright in place.
    Its cool you have some high pressure solenoid valves, a pressure storage tank and you have this all working and ready to sell as a mod.
    Some folks might consider a third jet mounted in the coin door
    How much are you asking for this mod, and is it complete or are other things required to complete the mod by the buyer.

its not a high pressure solenoid valves
    and i dont have a price yet and yes this is a complete mod. you dont need nothing

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

screw the Co2 I want flames!!!!!! joe

hahah i have flame in my apollo 13

and i am a special effects maker (man)

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

sorry ,but I wouldn't put this 'mod' on any machine I owned...even if you paid me.

its ok I'm never not going to pay you....

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

You should post a video of that

the apollo sold before 2 weeks....

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Xmen storm mode. Cool

yes....
    thank you

#34 9 years ago

if some one wants this or want more info my email is [email protected]
    or facebook lior rajwan
    thank you

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Call me crazy, but I actually think it's pretty cool. Imagine the jets pointing straight up from the sides of the head, so that it sent out a burst of fog (or whatever the hell it is) above the translite. It could lend a cool effect to horror themed games (SS, TAF, BSD, and MB immediately come to mind) or rock and roll games like AC/DC and MET.

thank you!!!!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

What about INSIDE the game..fog around the ship?? THAT would be cool. With some targeted lighting.

You cannot put smoke inside the machine!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballpete:

I could see this working on Whirlwind in some way. How many air bursts do yo get before you have to recharge?

It's up to you ....

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Awesome, mod of the year!

thank you!!!!

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Do you have blood in your Nightmare on Elm Street?

hahahah no but i can make

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

How about using it under the glass?
    Imagine the joy joy feeling you would get to have this thing blasting away at the start of portal on Tron?

the smoke?

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'm diggin' this MOD....very cool effect man!! In your opening post you say that it works with all solid state machines....but show it working with a DMD game?? Does it work with both SS and DMD pins?

yes and thank you. its wotk with anyyyyyy pinball machine

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

What would you put in Playboy?

hhahahahahah

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

So will it do pink smoke for a Night Crawler topper on X-Men, that interacts when you get him?

yes

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Decent!! I can't wait till these are ready for purchase. So many innovated toppers will be made with these.

Thank you! I am also working now on this mod for tz:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-finaly-gum-ball-hopper-and-for-any-pinball-machine

So the smoke mod pre order open in 1-3 month...
    If someone wants this please sent me a email and i put you on the waiting list
    My email: [email protected]
    Thank you very much!

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Yes.
    Maybe even use it as a 'blackout' mode?

you cannot put it inside the machine (under the glass)

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

hello smaug! Contact the people at jjp ....please

what?!?!

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I think it really needs to be toned down
    I see this totally scaring the crap out of a 1st time child or female player to the point where they would never consider playing pinball again

ok... this is for home use only
    Its your opinion ...

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

The Hobbit machine contains a smoke and fire breathing dragon in it named Smaug, this would be perfect mod!

hahah yes!

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What about changing gears in High Speed 2, or a NOS effect for ford when you start race modes.
    I think it could be cool at the top back of the backbox, shooting straight up at the roof, with lights illuminating the smoke.
    Or what about a fog mod that shoots out the bottom of CFTBL and rolls along the floor

i have this on my corvette

but the smoke on the cftbl its a regular smoke (not mine smoke) so i dont like it but i can made this

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

i have this on my Corvette
    but the smoke on the cftbl its a regular smoke (not mine smoke) so i dont like it but i can make this

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

If I ever went to buy a pinball and it had one of these kakamame devices on it, I'd automatically de-value it at least 500 dollars. I'd also be mad that I'd have to waste time removing this nonsense.

ok. it's up to you enjoy at buying pinball in 500$
    some pepole love this mod and some no... its ok!

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

You have some crazy stuff man! Whether you like this stuff on your machine or not is one thing, but this guy has got to be the most over the top modder out there, and you have to appreciate the ingenuity.
    Check out his Darth Vader topper for SWDE in the gameroom section, go to the part where it does it's thing (no, not just the flashers going off in his head).
    Wild!
    Again, you need to start a page here and post everything you have done.

thank you very very much my friend!
    i am working on website but now you can add me to the facebook and see my stuff
    lior rajwan
    thanks

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeMaynard21:

Can you slow the jets so the smoke billows out like fog? I'm trying to figure out how to make this mod for my BSD.

yes you can adjust the fog. you want to buy it or you want to make it?

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

One thing I can think of is the liability factor if say a kid was standing on the side of a machine watching for example, and one off these goes off in his eyes.
    I'm a large loss liability investigator, so everything I look at comes down to what can go wrong. Just something to consider when selling.

you have a sensor on the cannon. if someone close to the smoke cannon the cannon goes to disable mode...
    i think about everything

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

anyway to get a light to shine in the fog when activated? also the ability to swap colors.

yes

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

You can do this with a fog machine, solenoid and air compressor. The fog fills an airtight chamber then when the solenoid activates the pressure forces the smoke through a small hose out to the two outputs. Flow control valves can change the distance and force. It probably would be bigger, cumbersome and fill your room with smoke, but it can be done.

hahahahahahahahahha
    you cant! make this with smoke machine. i am a special effects man 12 years!
    you want to come and work with me?
    its never ever can be done!
    its very very funny what you say. please make this. take a video. post here and i give you free 1000 neon sign!
    how the smoke comes out when you hit on this ship only in the 3 hit?
    if you put smoke inside pipe you get only hot air!
    and fog machine, solenoid and air compressor you pay more then 300$ and what with the board? more 450$!!!!
    good luck hahahahahahha

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

I build animatronics. Took me 15 minutes to create....the...well I guess according to you...uncreateable. Granted this is a rough example and I didn't hook it up to a switch on anything.
    Can I have my prize now?
    » YouTube video

hahah ok... but this is not the same smoke. this smoke stay in the air all the time. my smoke no.
    and you cant see this smoke. not like my mod

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

THATS how you answer a challenge. LOL, well done.
    I think you are owed 1000 neon signs?

yes but this is not like my mod and my smoke this is a poor smoke and with a llllot of big parts. and doesnt turn on by special mod on the game. and the cost is more then 300$!!!!! when this man finish to build my mod i give him 1000 neons
    and also copyright sue

#112 9 years ago

i sent to you pm but you are Not refer......

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

I hope your MOD sells well. I just showed you that it CAN be done with a compressor and fog machine. Sure it is a poor man's version ($60) and cumbersome but it works. I am sure your version is better build quality and works great. Personally this mod is not my cup of tea but I had to accept the challenge.

thank you my friend!
    yes but you need the special board also.....
    pm me and i will send you a gift

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

challenge accepted.......well played industin....now where is his free sign ? lol

ask him. no answer on pm from this guy....

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

ask him. no answer on pm from this guy....

1 year later
    #127 8 years ago

so... after allllllot of work with the board and alot of tests and development. i finally finished the board who controll it.
    i am going to sell it soon in mezelmods.com but this will be a limited edition!
    i am going to sell 2 kits
    vesion 1 its the smoke jet mod
    version 1 + (limited edition) will be smoke (colors by leds) jet mod and air blast with
    i will write more info soon but if someone wants it or want more info just pm me.
    thank you

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Just in time for KISS LE!
    Add flames and it's like being at one of their live shows...

i am working on it...
    flames on the top (not real flame)

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This still looks pretty cool.....and I like the color idea. It's been a while since you originally started this project but will the MOD work with most pins?? I'd like to see it in action now that's it's a fully finished product we can own now.

thanks and yes its going to work with all pins also the old ones...

Quoted from frolic:

Will this work with the "Nitrous Boost" feature of Mustang? That would be amazing.

yes

Quoted from jorro:like your creativity
    and flames would be cool!!!
    like th gumball mod too
    made scientist stuff

thanks flames will be soon....

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping you've been in touch w Andrew @ Heighway regarding upcoming Alien title.....he's already hinted at this as an option.....

no sorry. who is this? i was out from the world of pinball for 3 month because personal problems...

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Same shit used on electric rc planes for smoke.

hahahah no its not the same SHIT iwas the first who make that....
    and thats not Pure Vegetable Glycerine

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from KerryD:

3 words.... SMAUG Pinball Topper!

i was thinking about it but i need license

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

We had this hooked up to our PinGraffix Mustang at York show last year. It was a big hit... However we got shut down within 15 minutes because a tourney guy was on the game and he basically smoked the whole place out. Some people thought the hall was on fire !! they shut us down fast ... As for the smoke we used what was available online .. Just smoke machine liquid fog thick white.
    Cool mod .. More of a novelty though... And yes LIOR Heighway pinball wants to see incorporate this into Alien last I heard .

thats not the same mod. you have the smoke mod with the smoke machine. this is another thing without smoke machine. but thank you

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Good point to bring up. Can this mod be programmed to have a limit? Like X discharges per Y minutes?
    If not, it should be considered, for the reason brought up above.

yes its can be done. the board is very smart. you can controll it from the machine (stern only) or with usb or remote control....

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I have one on my STLE for destroy the vengeance. Easy to turn the machine on and off under the game when you want to limit the smoke output - fills up my room a little too much if too many hits made. Would be nice to have some form of limit built in Lior - get to it!

its not the same mod hahah but thanks

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from smerff:

Could you post a full link to the mod as I cannot find it on the site

i will post it soon. now its still in the final test...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider liorillusion.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-coolest-mod-for-pinball-for-any-pinball-machine-and-for-potc?tu=liorillusion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.