(Topic ID: 95761)

*update* smoke jet mod for any pinball machine now available!

By liorillusion

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-shot-2011-08-14-at-7-26-05-pm.png
    ses_chrome_fender_vents.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

anyway to get a light to shine in the fog when activated? also the ability to swap colors.

Yeah he stated this earlier in his post saying that he could use different colors to color the fog.....pretty darned neat!

#102 9 years ago

missed it, would make some toppers even cooler. twin cannons on AC/DC shooting red etc.

#103 9 years ago

You can do this with a fog machine, solenoid and air compressor. The fog fills an airtight chamber then when the solenoid activates the pressure forces the smoke through a small hose out to the two outputs. Flow control valves can change the distance and force. It probably would be bigger, cumbersome and fill your room with smoke, but it can be done.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

You can do this with a fog machine, solenoid and air compressor. The fog fills an airtight chamber then when the solenoid activates the pressure forces the smoke through a small hose out to the two outputs. Flow control valves can change the distance and force. It probably would be bigger, cumbersome and fill your room with smoke, but it can be done.

hahahahahahahahahha
    you cant! make this with smoke machine. i am a special effects man 12 years!
    you want to come and work with me?
    its never ever can be done!
    its very very funny what you say. please make this. take a video. post here and i give you free 1000 neon sign!
    how the smoke comes out when you hit on this ship only in the 3 hit?
    if you put smoke inside pipe you get only hot air!
    and fog machine, solenoid and air compressor you pay more then 300$ and what with the board? more 450$!!!!
    good luck hahahahahahha

#105 9 years ago

I envision a version of this mod mounted on a South Park pinball machine that emits a nasty odorous gas during gameplay.

#106 9 years ago

I build animatronics. Took me 15 minutes to create....the...well I guess according to you...uncreateable. Granted this is a rough example and I didn't hook it up to a switch on anything.

Can I have my prize now? It can be done.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

I build animatronics. Took me 15 minutes to create....the...well I guess according to you...uncreateable. Granted this is a rough example and I didn't hook it up to a switch on anything.
    Can I have my prize now?
    » YouTube video

hahah ok... but this is not the same smoke. this smoke stay in the air all the time. my smoke no.
    and you cant see this smoke. not like my mod

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

Can I have my prize now? It can be done.
    » YouTube video

THATS how you answer a challenge. LOL, well done.

I think you are owed 1000 neon signs?

#109 9 years ago

Here here

#110 9 years ago

Owned. Looking forward to the picture of a free thousand dollar neon sign

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

THATS how you answer a challenge. LOL, well done.
    I think you are owed 1000 neon signs?

yes but this is not like my mod and my smoke this is a poor smoke and with a llllot of big parts. and doesnt turn on by special mod on the game. and the cost is more then 300$!!!!! when this man finish to build my mod i give him 1000 neons
    and also copyright sue

#112 9 years ago

i sent to you pm but you are Not refer......

#113 9 years ago

I hope your MOD sells well. I just showed you that it CAN be done with a compressor and fog machine. Sure it is a poor man's version ($60) and cumbersome but it works. I am sure your version is better build quality and works great. Personally this mod is not my cup of tea but I had to accept the challenge.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

I hope your MOD sells well. I just showed you that it CAN be done with a compressor and fog machine. Sure it is a poor man's version ($60) and cumbersome but it works. I am sure your version is better build quality and works great. Personally this mod is not my cup of tea but I had to accept the challenge.

thank you my friend!
    yes but you need the special board also.....
    pm me and i will send you a gift

#115 9 years ago

What a great idea... I could see this working very well for the Mustang pinball when your NOS is upgraded.

#116 9 years ago

can somebody please make a "free 1000 neon sign" meme. this phrase could easily be the next "all your base are belong to us!"

#117 9 years ago

challenge accepted.......well played industin....now where is his free sign ? lol

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

challenge accepted.......well played industin....now where is his free sign ? lol

ask him. no answer on pm from this guy....

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

ask him. no answer on pm from this guy....

#120 9 years ago

Could give new meaning to Dracula's Mist Multi-ball!

Cool mod! Not for me, but definitely original!

#121 9 years ago

Keep the sign. This was a challenge and I just did this for the fun of it.

#122 9 years ago

I cant believe so few like it.

Combined/integrated with a theme fitting topper it can be one of the coolest mods ever.

1 month later
    #123 9 years ago

I personally love this mod. It could of course be toned down as its really full on at the moment. So liorillusion
    I want to ask you a few questions please.
    Why cant the "smoke" be put in the playfield on really low pressure?
    Does the mechanism require a refill?
    Is this JUST air and not that horrible unbreathable smoke that is made from smoke machines?
    Are there any aftermath smells or smoke that linger?

Great Job also I love the darth vader head on you star wars machine. Top marks!!!

#124 9 years ago

Thanks for the laugh. The video and the comments immediately following made my day. Seriously, I would pay to see this on location. It would be a matter of time before some kid shit his pants!

#125 9 years ago

nice... put it on whitewater and have it shoot out water

#126 9 years ago

At first I was like....WTF?.......but the more I read the more impressed I am. You just need a MUCH better video!!!

Watching someone freak out (or look annoyed) is not the best advertisement for your product.

11 months later
    #127 8 years ago

so... after allllllot of work with the board and alot of tests and development. i finally finished the board who controll it.
    i am going to sell it soon in mezelmods.com but this will be a limited edition!
    i am going to sell 2 kits
    vesion 1 its the smoke jet mod
    version 1 + (limited edition) will be smoke (colors by leds) jet mod and air blast with
    i will write more info soon but if someone wants it or want more info just pm me.
    thank you

#128 8 years ago

Just in time for KISS LE!

Add flames and it's like being at one of their live shows...

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Just in time for KISS LE!
    Add flames and it's like being at one of their live shows...

i am working on it...
    flames on the top (not real flame)

#130 8 years ago

This still looks pretty cool.....and I like the color idea. It's been a while since you originally started this project but will the MOD work with most pins?? I'd like to see it in action now that's it's a fully finished product we can own now.

#131 8 years ago

Will this work with the "Nitrous Boost" feature of Mustang? That would be amazing.

#132 8 years ago

like your creativity
    and flames would be cool!!!
    like th gumball mod too
    made scientist stuff

#133 8 years ago

Hoping you've been in touch w Andrew @ Heighway regarding upcoming Alien title.....he's already hinted at this as an option.....

#134 8 years ago

Actually: I think this is pretty cool.

Could you imagine people seeing this at an arcade? Everyone would want to play...

Its the pinball equivalent of sizzling fajitas. You gotta order it when you see the other table got it.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This still looks pretty cool.....and I like the color idea. It's been a while since you originally started this project but will the MOD work with most pins?? I'd like to see it in action now that's it's a fully finished product we can own now.

thanks and yes its going to work with all pins also the old ones...

Quoted from frolic:

Will this work with the "Nitrous Boost" feature of Mustang? That would be amazing.

yes

Quoted from jorro:like your creativity
    and flames would be cool!!!
    like th gumball mod too
    made scientist stuff

thanks flames will be soon....

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping you've been in touch w Andrew @ Heighway regarding upcoming Alien title.....he's already hinted at this as an option.....

no sorry. who is this? i was out from the world of pinball for 3 month because personal problems...

#136 8 years ago

Same shit used on electric rc planes for smoke.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I think the OP is about to tell you "its never ever can be done!" followed by a few dozen emoticons.

#138 8 years ago

dude is using 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine if he says he is not he is full of shit.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

dude is using 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine if he says he is not he is full of shit.

People act amazed at a purge valve setup WOOT every Honda in my town can do that lol.

#140 8 years ago

Is it really stupid I want this for my walking dead?

#141 8 years ago

I'm going to use one for Sparky's electrocution. Will be fantastic.

#142 8 years ago

We had this hooked up to our PinGraffix Mustang at York show last year. It was a big hit... However we got shut down within 15 minutes because a tourney guy was on the game and he basically smoked the whole place out. Some people thought the hall was on fire !! they shut us down fast ... As for the smoke we used what was available online .. Just smoke machine liquid fog thick white.
    Cool mod .. More of a novelty though... And yes LIOR Heighway pinball wants to see incorporate this into Alien last I heard .

#143 8 years ago

3 words.... SMAUG Pinball Topper!

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

We had this hooked up to our PinGraffix Mustang at York show last year. It was a big hit... However we got shut down within 15 minutes because a tourney guy was on the game and he basically smoked the whole place out. Some people thought the hall was on fire !! they shut us down fast

Good point to bring up. Can this mod be programmed to have a limit? Like X discharges per Y minutes?

If not, it should be considered, for the reason brought up above.

#145 8 years ago

I have one on my STLE for destroy the vengeance. Easy to turn the machine on and off under the game when you want to limit the smoke output - fills up my room a little too much if too many hits made. Would be nice to have some form of limit built in Lior - get to it!

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

hahahah no its not the same SHIT iwas the first who make that....
    and thats not Pure Vegetable Glycerine

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from KerryD:

3 words.... SMAUG Pinball Topper!

i was thinking about it but i need license

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

We had this hooked up to our PinGraffix Mustang at York show last year. It was a big hit... However we got shut down within 15 minutes because a tourney guy was on the game and he basically smoked the whole place out. Some people thought the hall was on fire !! they shut us down fast ... As for the smoke we used what was available online .. Just smoke machine liquid fog thick white.
    Cool mod .. More of a novelty though... And yes LIOR Heighway pinball wants to see incorporate this into Alien last I heard .

thats not the same mod. you have the smoke mod with the smoke machine. this is another thing without smoke machine. but thank you

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Good point to bring up. Can this mod be programmed to have a limit? Like X discharges per Y minutes?
    If not, it should be considered, for the reason brought up above.

yes its can be done. the board is very smart. you can controll it from the machine (stern only) or with usb or remote control....

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I have one on my STLE for destroy the vengeance. Easy to turn the machine on and off under the game when you want to limit the smoke output - fills up my room a little too much if too many hits made. Would be nice to have some form of limit built in Lior - get to it!

its not the same mod hahah but thanks

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-coolest-mod-for-pinball-for-any-pinball-machine-and-for-potc/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.