Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#768 8 years ago

I have "secret dislike" for:

1) Stern late model pinball machine fanboys that rate games 10/10 although they have only played 2 games, and they both are the ones they own.
    2) LED modders who make their games look like the sun and get blinded when they play them even if the lights are on or have so many colors that it looks like a unicorn $!@# all over the playfield.
    3) Collectors who bury their playfields with action figures and zip ties after spending hundreds of dollars on things they could make from Toys-R-Us by themselves
    4) Technical advice from collectors who just bought their first machine, yet do not know how to test a fuse.
    5) "Collectors" who buy all NIB Stern machines only to dump them all after a few years to buy their next fancy car when they get bored, or realize they do not have a single bit of understanding on how to do maintenance and they are all broken and they sell them for a loss.
    6) Owners that think games like TAF are made of REAL GOLD and try to sell them as such even though the playfields are blown out, the cabinet has tiger claw scratches, and it is missing the cloud topper.
    7) Craigslist ads that are just plain absurd like "it will clean up with just some wax" even though the game came from a cow pasture, "it is just a simple fuse", even though the game does not power on
    8 ) Any "rare" game on Ebay, although it states in the ad that 12,000 were made.

Its hard to sustain the momentum of a hobby when conditions have changed.
    Call me opinionated, but I just blended into the Pinside mentality!

#786 8 years ago

I once made love with an old girlfriend on top of one of my older pinball machines in my collection (both now long gone).
    The playfield glass broke, and she fell into the machine.
    I cleaned out the glass and replaced it, but never told the next owner.
    True story.

#789 8 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

Replaced the glass or the girlfriend?

BOTH.
    Strippers do not make good girlfriends in the long run.
    Fun at the beginning, drama in the middle, disaster in the end.

1 month later
    #805 8 years ago

Making a coffee table out of an EM woodrail pinball machine that was actually fully working prior to dismantling it.
    I did it on request for another collector.
    Probably, "no greater sin in the pinball world".
    (Don't worry though, it not one that will be missed)

#808 8 years ago

I give Sparky the "double middle finger" when the electrocution switch is thrown on Metallica LE at start of MB.

#811 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I think a Domino's Pizza themed pin is the most stupid, boring idea ever.

Do you remember "Avoid the Noid"?
    Things have been worse...

11 months later
    #965 7 years ago

When I play AGBGoaWT, I do "The Wop" dance when I score "record a song" while waiting for the ball to return to the flippers, and play air drums during the match sequence finishing it off with a cymbal crash.

1 month later
    #990 7 years ago

I would think pinball gloves would be reversed. Bare pointer and middle fingers, and the rest gloved. Might be an interesting sales gimmick for new pinball owners and players for tournaments.

"Improve you pinball game for $19.99!"
    Somebody go get a patent.

4 weeks later
    #1007 7 years ago

The most absurd thing I have ever heard by a pinball owner state in the past 30 years in response to a general question at a pinball show:

Me: "So how often do you play your games?"
    Owner: "I do own quite a few pinball game machines but refuse to play them out of fear of them being damaged and losing value. That is why I come to shows so I can play other people's games without worrying about my own."
    Me: "???"

BTW, this person is no longer in the hobby.

#1014 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I agree xTBNx,
    That is messed up. What a dick.
    Pinball festivals/shows/expos are successful because generous kind people bring machines for people to play, volunteer their time, sell parts and machines, etc.
    What was his online Pinside name?

He was never on PinSide.
    He sold off his collection after interest cooled off after the end of the last minor resurgence around 2004-2005 due to reimports.
    There are many different type of collectors in this world, but not everyone is trying to maintain the hobby.
    Many have in the past, but today the hobby is quite different.
    The loss of Steve Charland today was an especially large blow to those that knew him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.