Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#519 9 years ago
    Quoted from malklavious:

Confessions:
    I dance during the "Mamushka" in TAF and when I get the extra ball in MB.

I do the dramatic arm sweeps along with the Genie when I get an extra ball on TOTAN.

Quoted from thedefog:

I also enjoy selling them for less than I have into them because I just want more people appreciating them and not get ripped off.

Lemmie keep your contact info handy...

1 year later
    #723 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I confess I like playing em pins.

Nothing to be ashamed of! Lots of EM games are awesome. I feel that having EMs is a sign of a well-rounded collection.

2 months later
    #803 8 years ago

Wandering through an antique mall yesterday I discovered a 1950 United Yuma Arizona wood rail under some junk. All intact, play field needs work, cabinet could be refinished, hums loudly when plugged in and won't start a game, but the flippers and some GI work and the backglass is flawless. Asking price is at least 5 times more than it's worth in present condition. I have no space or time for a restoration, have never worked on this type of EM and I swore that my last project was the last playfield I'd ever clear coat.

My confession: It pains me to see a machine that would be great if a little work went into it, but I know that I can't be the one to do it. You can't rescue all the puppies in the pound.

4 months later
    #870 7 years ago

When I see "CV" my first thought is "copy/paste," rather than "Circus Voltaire."

2 weeks later
    #912 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Maybe more of a Pet Peeve....
    it drives me nuts ending a game while an Extra Ball is still available on the table.

Me too! Worse than having two balls locked and ending the game on a stupid drain.

#915 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What's your strategy? I usually go first for the ex. ball!

I always go for the extra ball first. None of my games let me stack multiball and wizard mode, so I go for wizard first, then go back for the multiball (if I survive).

3 months later
    #952 7 years ago

I hate all my pins

*waxes the playfields*

OMG I love all my pins.

5 months later
    #1026 7 years ago

Playing in public can be difficult, due to my chronic case of Pinball Tourette's.

3 weeks later
    #1065 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

To give a basic example, WH20 has a story - ride the rapids and get to the place - and the funny quotes and good music beef up the relatively rudimentary "shoot the arrows" gameplay. A more complex (really, ideal) example is Road Show, where you're given a very concrete story, which is constantly being expanded upon or detailed, whether by the (clever) modes or all the other things happening o nthe playfield, which gives you a sense of their being a world under the glass. Stern modes always feel so soulless and underachieving.

I agree completely! My two DMD games (TOTAN and Junk Yard) are story-based with a complete narrative arc, various settings, a bunch of interesting, distinct characters (I count 6 in JY and 6 in TOTAN, not including monsters), and decisions that effect the outcome of the story. Simply going for a high score doesn't excite me - even my EM's are objective-based.

Sterns seem to be about "complete the shots" and light shot multipliers and get a Multiball. Like you said so well, giant calculators. Game of Thrones is somewhat story-based but they still managed to make it boring with repetitive gameplay and over-emphasis on scoring.

1 month later
    #1072 6 years ago

I've started looking for a new machine - not because I'm particularly drawn to the theme or the gameplay, but because I found the space for one more.

2 months later
    #1097 6 years ago

I feel that putting aftermarket toppers on a game is a valid personal choice - people should do whatever makes them happy.

But in my heart I know that those etched lucite toppers with the color changing lights are the tackiest mod you can put on a pin.

#1102 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

No. I don't have them on all my pins. I have one on Woz which came with the game, and I don't think it looks so good.
    But my point is that the guy's confession was just a lame opinion stated as a knowledgeable fact.

The guy acknowledges that it could have been stated more directly as an opinion:

I think Laserific toppers are tacky as $#!+.

1 year later
    #1573 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I love all the new Sterns but after Pinburgh, what I want most is an EM with a spinner. It’s like having an Atari vector collection without Asteroids...life is incomplete!

I can relate! When I came back from my first ReplayFX all I wanted was a game with a manual ball lift. I found that so charming.

4 weeks later
    #1610 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Am I the only one who lifts his arms with the magician during levitating ball in Pinball Magic?

I do the arm swoops along with the TOTAN genie before choosing a wish.

3 months later
    #1818 4 years ago

Today I bought and scheduled shipping for my 9th game with no plans to sell any of the other 8.

Then I got on the Pinside Forums and clicked "unvisit" on all the for-sale and restoration topics I'm following so I won't get notifications when they update. I'm also going to make a real effort not to check the Pinside Market and Craigslist everyday.

#1820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

First world problems! Are we supposed to be excited for u?! Asking for a friend

Is this directed at me? If so:

a.) this topic is supposed to be a judgement-free zone and

b.) Pinball seems to be a hobby where we always push each other towards "more" and constantly jockey for "newer" and "better." It's kind of toxic and I'm admitting that I've reached a limit and am ready to set healthy boundaries. I won't stop hanging out at the bar with my friends, but this might be my last shot of tequila.

1 week later
    #1852 4 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

It drives me crazy when people are looking for recommendations and end their post with "And go!"
    What sayings drive you guys crazy? And go!

When someone wants me to do something for them but instead of ASKING me to do it, they state their problem and end the sentence with "so...", followed by a long pause where they expect me to jump in and volunteer to do it.

I usually just say something like "Rough, man. Well, good luck with it."

4 months later
    #2246 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m planning to order keyless “locks” from Marco for all of my EM and SS pins. There’s really no good reason for a keyed lock on an older game.

I have keyless locks on most of my games - especially the ones where balls frequently get stuck. It just makes sense for a home collection.

3 weeks later
    #2329 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

First confession:
    I want to put my tough games on five ball and/or raise the ball save, but I know the game would never look at me the same. I'd feel so cheap, I'd have to sell it.
    Second confession:
    I swear at IMDN in the tone of a prison fighter, with anunciated, spitt-filled cusses. "Ohhh, cheap drain." "FUCK yourself you fuckin' cunt fuck!" Thinking "I wish I could just smash the fucking glass and get it over with."
    Wife from upstairs: "Heeeeeey!"
    Later that night: "Iron Maiden is my favourite game. It's sooo challenging in a good way."

Pinball Tourette's affects a lot of us. Baywatch has been my trigger recently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=topmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.