Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,544 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1156 6 years ago

I have a mysterious black playfield rail. It may have been from an early shop job on a game I sold. I can't imagine I missed a rail. It's probably from a scrap playfield but I can't be sure. I cringe every time I see it.

4 months later
    #1264 5 years ago

Lately, 50% of the time I turn a game on I don't end up playing it.

1 month later
    #1304 5 years ago

I say "Friday!" in Red's voice from Road Show every Friday in the office multiple times. Nobody has any idea why. Nobody ever asks....

2 weeks later
    #1332 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I was so frustrated with my lack of progress on my Stern POTC that an hour before the new owner came to pick it up, I slid the glass off, closed off the outlines and center drain and finally found out what the wizard modes looked like.

I did something similar with LOTR. I figured I'd never own the game again. I had come within a few shots of Valinor a few times. I think I stuffed something in the outlanes to try and mostly get there the night before I sold it. I'm pretty sure I ended up pulling the glass. I was half in the bag and exhausted, it still took forever. I don't even recall what happened. I remember it being not as cool as TABA.

1 year later
    #1641 4 years ago

I check this thread when it has new posts, then think of things to confess to. Then I can't remember if I've already confessed and I'm too lazy to check, so i don't post anything.

1 month later
    #1733 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Back to confessions....
    I wish bulb manufacturers would Print some type of mark on their bulbs so I knew what hue they are (warm, natural, sunlight, etc). When they get mixed together, it’s no fun.

I confess that I bought the overpriced bulb tester from Pinball Life even though I could have made one in five minutes. It's great for this issue.

2 months later
    #1916 4 years ago

I have a policy that pin money is separate from real money, unless it's an emergency. I sold 2 A list pins recently and with the money so far I've bought an arcade game, a smoker, and put some money toward a Disney Vacation. It will be difficult to reinvest this money into pinball now that it has made it's way into the public (wife knows) pool of money.

2 months later
    #2084 4 years ago

I'm seeing everyone stuck at home and I'm a little jealous I'm still at work. I'd love a couple weeks off to work on home projects and spend some time with the kids. My job is in no way essential.

1 week later
    #2137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I put both my socks on first, then shoes. Right sock, left sock....right shoe, left shoe.
    I always take four paper towel sheets when I wash my hands in public restrooms. Always four. Three seems like not enough. Five feels like too many. And I always use them to grab the door handle on the way out. Have done it for decades, not because of Covid.

Wait, does someone put one sock and shoe on, then the other sock and shoe?

1 month later
    #2266 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

When I started working from home 2 months ago, I thought awesome, I'll be able to go through the games and wax them, tweak all the little stuff you let go, that kinda stuff - and I have some dumbells here, I can start doing some exercising since I'm just gonna be sitting here....
    notta.

Same. I end up wasting so much time during the day doing useless shit like read these posts, that I end up going back to work after dinner to make up for all the time I wasted.

#2283 3 years ago

I get a little pissed when friends beat me up on the price of a pin and try to sell it for considerably more shortly after. In the end I agreed to the price and shouldn't care what happens to it after, but I would like a decent deal to be passed along I guess. Especially if no value was added. I have bought broken games from friends and made considerable amounts of money, but I've added value to the game by repairing or restoring. Obviously this doesn't apply to games sold a year or 2 after when the market has changed.

1 week later
    #2327 3 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

I confess...
    (Anybody see an oops here?)
    [quoted image]

Ha! Took a minute. Might want that protector under the drop!

2 weeks later
    #2347 3 years ago

I bought Iron Maiden NIB summer of 18. Opened it up the other day and found the tilt bob uninstalled. I've had some ridiculous saves wiggling the ball out of the outlane. Obviously something wasn't right, but I ignored it for 2 years. Considered not installing it still. Put it back, but a very generous height.

#2349 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I take my vitamins with beer.

I used to do this, but I stopped taking the vitamins.

2 weeks later
    #2375 3 years ago

I started tearing down my Rollergames the weekend before July 4th. I told myself I'd order some parts on Monday to hopefully be here in time for the weekend and took Monday off so I'd have a long 4 day weekend. Today is the first day I touched it, and all I did was pull a few lamps.

1 month later
    #2497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I confess I hate that people use abbreviations for game names. Just write the damn name of the game. Your already writing a description about it or some other long winded post. What’s another few letters?

This made more sense years ago, now not so much. There are too many titles and the abbreviations have run out. I don't know how many times I've seen White Water as WW, I know WH20, but what about Willy Wonka. Every thread I've seen refers to it as WW. What happened to Whirlwind? I agree it needs to stop.

1 month later
    #2834 3 years ago
    Quoted from cmstruth:

How bad on a 1-10 scale is it that i have been in the hobby for 10+ years and just found out I have been living dangerously like an idiot all this time....I never knew there were vertical bolts to secure the head of a pinball machine..always used the single hex bolt or clamp on the back ..I’m putting this at an 8 for stupidity.

When I was buying up routed WPC games they rarely came with them and I rarely bothered replacing them. I wouldn't put it on location, but the latch was fine for home use. Probably not the best practice, but I never had any issues in 14 or so years. I like the way Stern does it now with the bolts on the back.

1 month later
    #2959 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've found that as i get older i get more cunning. I can still keep up with the kids, but i have to cheat.
    [quoted image]

I confess that I really miss this method of staying awake. I don't miss the day after. It's a good thing I couldn't afford any more than I did when I was younger.

1 week later
    #2982 3 years ago

I confess that I can't stand "vs" threads. You know which game is better? The one you like better. Bonus anger if nobody or hardly anyone has even played the game.

3 months later
    #3458 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that when I own a Stern Pro, it pisses me off to see a new Pinside Club created just for the Premium and LE versions. But I’ll also confess that I visit the GOT Pre/LE club thread more than I visit “GOT Kicks Ass”. So I guess I’m a hypocrite.

It pisses me off that games actually differ in gameplay. I'm fine with the LE having different trim, real backglass, powder coating, different cabinet artwork but to make actual changes to the playfield sucks. I wonder if they are actually saving any money in the end. They are essentially designing and supporting 2 games. I would think the efficiency of the line running one consistent playfield and coding 1 game would offset the costs. I'm obviously wrong, they wouldn't do it if it didn't make money, but I wish it was aesthetic only.

1 month later
    #3619 2 years ago

If a thread I'm following has 75 or more new replies I'll often just give up, even if I like the thread. I'm really trying to keep up with the GnR thread, I come close to giving up almost every day. I'm skimming through the posts so quickly I don't know why I'm even bothering. It would be helpful if there was a code update only thread, or a playfield issue only thread, or game techniques, etc.

1 week later
    #3660 2 years ago

I confess every time I read the word "titles" my brain sees "titties". I'm 43 years old.

4 weeks later
    #3839 2 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I confess that I’ve been thinking about buying a new powerful gaming computer… for probably about a decade.
    I’ve been comparing specs for an eternity and never pull the trigger. One day.

I confess that I've built several gaming capable computers, and rarely game with them. I've always been more of a console gamer, but that has almost fallen off completely as well in the last 10 years. I still buy every Xbox, even though it's used for Netflix more than anything else. I was able to get the Series X at launch or close to. I was working from home and snagged a 3070 video card and upgraded most of my computer around it. I enjoy sourcing the parts and building them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.