Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1087 6 years ago

I am over Ems. Titles I want never show up,or overpriced. No longer looking.

9 months later
    #1247 6 years ago

I enjoy being unverified, it prevents me from buying/selling, commenting on a hundred different threads, sending private messages that could get me in trouble as well as out of the basement and a dozen other places.
    I lack discipline and this feature really helps.

3 months later
    #1374 5 years ago

I would never consider selling a machine on Pinside where people could comment. Hate people trying to be helpful with pricing when I know they don't want to pay squat and then flip it for gold price.
    Dislike purists who reject anything other than OEM, yet I know their machines have all kinds of "Improvements"
    Reject Pinside, Mr. Pinball and Boston pricing guides. Created to keep selling prices artificially low and treat pinball machines like commodities.
    Admire Homepin for building what appear to be tough,easily repaired assemblies and parts. Hope they build a machine I like, would take it any day over Spike/Stern mess when shopping for NIB.

7 months later
    #1464 5 years ago

I doubt I will ever refurbish another EM, it would have to be special.

2 weeks later
    #1470 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I've told myself that a couple dozen times.

I miss a lot of the old EM guys Posts. Guess its run its course, time to move on.

8 months later
    #1802 4 years ago

After much thought,its official. I would never purchase a Spike Stern. The only Gottlieb SS I would buy would be one fully serviced with all ground mods performed. No longer want Gottlieb EMs.

4 weeks later
    #1898 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Was there ever an answer as to where he went?

He went to Aussie Arcade when he left here.

2 months later
    #1978 4 years ago

I have been watching this animated series with my Granddaughter for awhile now, Spirit Riding Free. The opening Song is killer so I looked up the Singer.
    Maisy Stella. This should have been a number 1# ( maybe it was, little behind).
    Sorry I'm too stupid to Link, just search "Riding Free / Maisy Stella.
    A happy song, really great.
    The Animation from the Series is phenomonal.

1 week later
    #2022 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

My second pin will be an EM. I’m holding out for a Gottlieb because.... I like the chimes.

I have Gottlieb chimes in 2 Williams machines, best of both worlds.

#2046 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I dropped one of these (an opaque projector) down a flight of stairs in 5th grade, and went from being the teacher’s favorite to “anybody but not that kid”. When you’re 10 you don’t know that you can’t take a big metal cart down the stairs by yourself, and you’re eager to please the adults. You’re rehearsing your “look what I did” speech even as you’re totally fucking up.[quoted image]

I had a "Projector License" in Elementary School, couldn't have been more proud. Led to the Production of many
    Super Eight films for our close consumption.

#2082 4 years ago

Is my Will right? Wish I would have written that song and got it in the can. Yeah, been thinking about writing my memoirs for awhile, Grandkids might get a kick out of it. Or maybe video it, that would be better. What would I save it to though, only know defunct technology. That door scrubbing has bothered me for years, take 4 minutes to fix it.
    Going to get on restoring that Harnell fly rod, it was her Great Grandfathers, she will appreciate it one day.

6 months later
    #2806 3 years ago

As a child in the early 60's an innate fear of nuclear war was instilled in my psyche. We went though drills in Elementary School, Fallout Shelter signs were everywhere, it was always in the back of your mind.
    My Dad took us to High Point Road in Greensboro to tour an open house bomb shelter, they had installed it in the front of a Mobile Home sales lot. The price was too high for a Milkman.
    We canned, froze, dried and pickled food constantly.
    During these years over 100 open-air nuclear bombs were detonated World wide
    I am thankful to Jesus I am still living.

2 weeks later
    #2836 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I am concerned that I have not seen johnnypinball007 on pinside recently. Hope everything is ok, I miss his long posts!

I think several regulars must have went in their Bunkers or out sailing on their motor yacht. Every time an interesting thread starts it gets deep sixed.
    Starting to get boring.
    Happy its a good place for Clubs.

#2846 3 years ago

For some reason Johnny doesn't seem like the type to just butt out without explanation. Hope he is doing well and if anyone knows him let us know.

#2848 3 years ago

I confess my standards have dropped when purchasing EM projects. Since I love to fix basket cases and the repair process is almost as fun as playing one it became necessary to accept bad back glasses, burnt plastics and a little more planking.
    Unfortunately my desire for perfection will demand much more effort to bring some of these back.
    Still, to find a virgin project that hasn't been "Restored" makes it all worthwhile.

#2849 3 years ago

Beaters with rebuilt flippers and pop bumpers are the new Frontier. Low end Pin Club was close a year ago, now the rules have changed.
    Bad back glass? Fix it. When I use colored gel material, Createx paint and enamel paint markers it can get close enough when illuminated. Everybody dreams about a new back glass but sometimes it never happens.
    Meantime, you have a Player thats a measure above while lacking cosmetic standards of a year ago.
    Its all about the mechanical soundness of a machine. It plays,good, or excellent, close to what it did in 1968 or whenever.
    Cosmetics?
    Get over it, half of the machine isn't visible in a row of other beaters.

#2850 3 years ago

Johnny, come on back.

#2852 3 years ago

So I have a room of beaters, every one of them has received "The Treatment", they all play great, no burnt bulbs, 100%.
    Then my Neighbor comes in and looks around, he has all new machines, the latest, greatest.
    For some reason we have a great time. No judgment.
    When given the opportunity to play Pinball, any kind, its such a rare occurrence in the Wild.
    So its still fun, no matter what you have invested, or your mods, or latest code, or butter cabinet, low serial number prototype backglassoneofakindlimitededitionpowdercoatedledincrustedstillinboxoutofboxhuo.

#2862 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Great news! (copying and pasting this from an e mail from him. I know some of you including myself might not believe it since it's less than 3 pages)
    Hey, this is JohnnyPinball007 and I am fine, but I still have no internet service to get back on here. It took 4 days to get power back, and I finally had to cut a tree off power lines myself to get out and buy ice for the Natties. No other lines have went back on the power poles yet here.
    I am at my girlfriends house typing this, and I hate her computer, so keeping this short.
    Anyway, I confess I will be glad when the cable company gets their act together and gets the lines fixed so I can enjoy Pinside again.

Just need a chainsaw, a shovel, a 3000 dollar line locater and a Permit from Call before you dig.
    Glad to hear from you.

#2863 3 years ago

Its funny how small things can change a negative outlook.
    Last year I couldn't find a project EM. I Serviced 3 the Winter before and thought it would go on forever.
    Now I have one in the truck and 2 more to go get. Super stoked!
    Time to get away from politics, misinformation, negative vibe internet content.
    Time to get productive.
    The Shakers from Kentucky had a Philosophy;
    Do everything as if you will live a thousand years but die tomorrow.
    Always liked that.

3 weeks later
    #2937 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Well i don't have an aerial, so can only watch netflix, but there's nothing there that interests me enough to turn it on. Should really cancel it and save the $12.

I would already have cancelled.. but my Grandaughter has a favorite show so I'm stuck. Netflix is really bogus, NOTHING good offered and their classic Shows/Movies were garbage when they came out and even worse now.

2 weeks later
    #2972 3 years ago

I was a single Parent, my Daughter got off the school bus and came inside. She called me at work, frantic.
    "Daddy, the VCR is jumping off the TV!"
    Slow down Baby, what?
    "The VCR is flying off the TV and hitting the wall"
    Are you standing there? Pick the VCR up and put it back on top of the TV.
    "It did it again! ( I could hear it slam the wall in the background)".
    I'm leaving work Sweetie, be there in 25 minutes.
    So, racing down the Highway, thinking about what was going on. She had re-positioned the Satellite Box and VCR back in place 4 times, only for it to be violently jerked off by some unseen force.
    Got to the house, started looking around. Deep gouges on the wall behind the tv.
    So I replaced both units back in place, only to see them literally fly off and hit the wall.
    I really thought there was a poltergeist involved and I was seeing it.
    Then it came to me.
    Wheres Chloe? (part Great Dane, part whatever)
    Went to the back of the house, the basement access was open.
    Chloe was under the crawlspace. Every time we pulled the cables up she bit them and pulled them down violently.
    She also had ripped all the floor insulation out but thats another story...

#2988 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Been over a year since I went to one. Of all damn things my big toe is staying painful.

Could be gout.

2 weeks later
    #3072 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You contacted me and asked what I'd pay for two games you didn't own and didn't have prices on. You didn't have any real information on other than what is posted on here, which is 1-2 pictures each. For the record for those reading they are the shit on cyclopes and the empty falling apart ebd 81 cabinet from the how do you sell a warehouse thread. You did not say what you wanted for your services. You simply asked what would I pay for the games if you picked them up for me.
    You were already going to the warehouse and already driving through KC, although we never agreed on where we were meeting. I saw one whopping picture of the pf and offered 350 for a shit covered cyclopes we both agreed was a basket case. You wanted to take the two ebd and make one working one. I offered 250 for the empty/stripped 81 cabinet if you wanted to part with it.
    600 for a health hazard basket case game with no boards, no backglass, and no idea if it can be saved cyclopes. Oh, and a empty health hazard 81 ebd cabinet that we have no idea if it is even solid enough to be moved.
    You told me offered 100 dollars for each of the games to the seller. A 400 dollar profit for moving and getting the guts out of the 81 ebd. So you wanted to make 400, get the guts out of an ebd, and get paid for your troubles?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sorry, what on earth has been shitting on this thing? The dirt Daubers was bad enough, this is the worst!

1 week later
    #3110 3 years ago

I had to install a dryer vent during a remodel of the old parsonage house we lived in. This house was documented haunted, more on that later.
    I entered through the basement and where the basement ended was a sort of transition to dirt and floor joist. I had to crawl through this to an "L" shape turn back to the rear entrance where the small laundry room was located.
    The crawl space narrowed right before and a ridge under the house became a pinch point, I was trapped.
    Couldn't go forward, couldn't back up, really trapped. Then I heard a scurrying sound behind me, couldn't turn to see what it was.
    It was trying to get out from under the house and my body had blocked the passage.
    Then the panic set in. Anyone who suffers from claustrophobia knows this feeling, its like you are full of cool water and it all drains and you are hot and dry and psychotic.
    I started scrambling, one way, digging and scratching, then the other, heels in the ground and climbing the floor joists in your face. Still don't know how I got free but never left a confined space so fast since then.
    Outside I saw the previously trapped animal. A strange looking cat, with a bob tail and clipped ears and unusually long legs. No, I was not high, the Wife saw it too and noticed it darted under the car. She said it looked crazy, we knew all the animals that roamed our neighborhood.
    I took a broom and flushed it from under the car and it ran to cover. We never saw it again.

#3112 3 years ago

My Wife had inherited the Methodist Parsonage upon the death of her Mother and Father. The front of the house had a separate entrance from the street to a small study, this was where they brought the dying to receive last rights as it was explained to me.
    We had a Cockatiel, this bird only started talking and whistling when someone entered the room. We had put his cage in this room to quiet him down, with newspaper around it.
    We woke at 3 with Tootaloo sounding off,going through his limited vocabulary. I ran in the room and he stopped. All the paper around his cage had been seemingly stacked neatly in the corner.
    We were sitting in the kitchen discussing selling the house and starting anew when most of the pots and pans crashed out of the pantry door. This dish event would happen again a Month later.
    Then a gun rack nailed into studs from the front room fell. I examined it and the nails were unbent, they were solidly set.
    My Wife called me from work soon after, she said she had stepped outside and the door had shut and locked. Luckily my good friend was a Locksmith, he went down and opened the house for her.
    He told me we had mortise locks that used skeleton keys which were not in the unit when it locked. He said it was impossible for the lock to have engaged even if the door had been slammed by wind, which was impossible because it was enclosed and served as a laundry room when you entered from the rear(see previous post)
    During the next few weeks things disappeared, the sound of something dropping hard on the floor in the front room woke us up) think a 100 pound bag of fertilizer being dropped), tapping sounds coming through the wall into the bedroom that sounded like Morse code.
    And then the front Bathroom light glitch began.
    The old house still had push button light switches that snapped when on and off. When I left this bath and turned off the light the minute I rolled into bed she told me "You need to turn off the light".
    This happened several times and I never got used to it. I examined the switches, there was nothing wrong. Everytime I had to return and cut the thing off it required a full push/snap.
    But it got worse.

#3114 3 years ago

So I'm sitting in the living room reading and the floorboards behind me start creaking, like she is creeping up behind me to scare me,so I wait until she is directly behind me and turn quickly..nobody there.When I turn back around I catch my first glimpse of a figure in white passing by an oval mirror.
    We decide to call in our Pastor to bless the house. Later he pulls in the drive and while walking p to the front door slips and falls. Not just any fall, his heels went over his head, he had received a concussion. A few weeks later he returned and sprinkled oil around and prayed. It seemed to get worse after that.
    We sat in bed one night and listened to tapping coming through the wall again,when I ran into the nursery,nothing. Return,tapping began again.
    We moved and had all the utilities cut off. Aunt Grace called us and said there was light coming from the front room. "Grace are you sure? Theres no electricity".
    " Well, I'm standing right here with the Police, they see it too. We need permission to enter"
    The minute they entered at the rear the light went off in the front. Nothing or nobody in the house, all breakers checked and off.
    Shortly after we separated and I returned to living there to avoid moving home with my Parents. The mess got worse.

#3124 3 years ago

Just looked at pictures from Christmas others took while they were at the 2020 Silver and Gold Tournament that is held at my house every year.
    I looked like a mess, with a quarantine gut from too much beer, carbs, you name it. Really revealing.2020 was a year of hiding out, making supplies last, eating canned junk.
    No exercise, no extraneous activity (cool word, extraneous).
    So is 2021 going to be the same? No. No way.
    Exactly opposite.

1 week later
    #3155 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

I confess that your story gives me the chills and I would love to know what happened next

Because of the separation all my money was tied up and it was either move back to the parsonage or the couch at my parents (which was out for various reasons).
    I moved back in with a bed and a chair. The first night was the worst, it was a 2200 square foot house and echoed when you moved or spoke. I was convinced there was something in the closets so went around opening all the doors. It was a feeling of oppression, doom, can't quite put it into words. Many prayers were said and it somewhat subsided.
    My Brother in law moved in with me and brought a couch and another chair, and welcome company.
    He was a radical Christian, the type of fellow who challenged Pastors and crooked evangelists to their face in front of crowds. I had told him of the manifestations and he was always on edge.
    One night we were playing guitars and he stopped mid song,looking down the long hall.
    "Look at that"
    It was a smoky looking cloud, right outside the nursery. Semi transparent but still blocking most of the light. We both stared at it and noticed it was moving. It kept getting denser,almost black.
    "I've had enough of this" he said, jumping up and shouting prayers and cursing evil and asking deliverance while marching from room to room. This went on for a full 10 or so minutes, then he returned to his guitar.
    It was gone.
    A little more history, the day I started dating my future wife her mom was diagnosed with cancer. For the next 8 Months she horribly withered away until finally dying. She was 46. Six Months later my father in law was found on the kitchen floor with the phone in his hand dead, he was 50. The autopsy found no discernible cause of death. His Mother had died a lingering death a couple of years before in the house, my mother inlaws Father had came there to die too 7 years earlier.
    Can't really blame it on that or the many others that passed after being brought to the Parsonage. I studied this mess and entities like this feed on belief, and the more you start believing something is around the more these things manifest.
    Nothing else occurred during the rest of my time there after the paint-peeling preaching from my Brother in law.
    I did notice the Lady who bought it remodeled everything and then moved out 6 months later, it went into foreclosure.
    The Bank told me she moved out in the middle of the night, defaulted on the loan and they just wanted the principal, 42000, a great deal.
    I passed.
    I did see this same dark cloud/smoke like thing again, but it was years later,in different circumstances.

#3160 3 years ago

The Company I worked for had a Safety Suggestion Program where you got points for each suggestion you entered.
    At the end of the year you received a small gift book to order prizes based on how many points you had.
    It was difficult to find any new hazards since everyone was looking.
    So I found the Corporate safety manual. Me and a friend started submitting things in the manual that Corporate mandated but we weren't doing.
    We had 160 suggestions for the year and got great top of the line prizes. Gold Seiko watch(big deal back then), kayak, gas grill.
    The HR Manager took us in and said we were scamming the system using insider knowledge for gain. We were forbidden to submit any safety suggestion for a year or we were terminated.
    This is basically how I see the Gamestop short squeeze drama going on.
    I did negotiate a few free pies from the Ladies who needed a safety suggestion for their review.

#3169 3 years ago

If anyone prefers I not write these stories here let me know, i understand. No hard feelings.
    My goal was to document and publish a few things when I felt like writing, as well as sharing them with a few who may get a kick.
    Just don't want to be a hassle.

#3193 3 years ago

My Moms people lived in the middle of Pungo in Eastern NC. It used to be swamp but the Army Corp of engineers went in during the 20's and built dikes and pumped it out, revealing super fertile soil and peat moss pits that would spontaneously combust, the place was always smoking.
    When it rained the Diamondback rattlesnakes and Coral snakes (NC Cobra) tried to find high ground, usually my Uncles garden.These were fat, stubby rattlers. Water moccasins too that were really aggressive.
    A Rattler will run from you but a Moccasin will challenge you, make it mad with a stick and it keeps coming.
    All my Cousins wore high waders to work in the garden, when a rattler or moccasin (Coral snakes were rare) was found between rows my Aunt would kill it with a hoe and hang it up on the clothesline so they didn't get confused as to living versus dead.
    During the wet season there would be a half dozen snakes on that clothesline.
    My cousin Jim was skipping school with friends when they saw a big rattler run over in the road.
    They were high and drunk so they got out to mess with it.
    The rear half was flat but the front very much alive. Well, it bit his friend in between the thumb and index finger.
    He started sucking the poison out of his hand.
    Problem was he had an accessed tooth, autopsy later said the poison shot quickly to his brain and he died on the spot.
    They freaked out and drove him to the Hospital, left him in his car and ran like hell.
    Stopping at a payphone they called Emergency and told them he was out there.
    After hiding out and drying out and coming down they went home and fessed up.
    None of them got in any trouble (small town)

#3200 3 years ago

My Kin in Pungo still used outdoor toilets until I was 12 when my Uncle built a modern house on the property. Growing up using a outhouse is pretty rough for a little kid. In the Summer, there was always a giant Wasp nest in the corner you had to keep an eye on and not scare them or they just unloaded on your ass while you ran out with your pants down and your "Business" unfinished.
    Blowing flies were thick inside and out, and in the hole under the seat were Black Widow spiders. People tried to burn them out with a torch and a lot of times it would catch the whole thing on fire.
    I worried about them Black Widows crawling up my privates after Grandma told the story of the little boy down the road who got bit and died.
    There were also several small kids who fell in and drowned in the sepsis.
    But the worst time I had was when I'm sitting in there, looking at the Wasps, worrying about Black Widows, swatting flies and pretending it doesn't stink Like hell and looked down.
    In the corner was a new addition, a huge scary looking snake.
    After running out shouting and screaming and crying Grandma calmed me down and told me that snake was their friend, and mine too.
    They had caught a King snake and tamed it to stay around the outhouse to kill and eat poisonous snakes and warf rats. "No matter how scary it looks, its doing its job Sweet Pea, so go back in there and do yours"

#3203 3 years ago

Sorry but poisonous snakes will never be your friend. You can tame a wolf, or a lion, but a Rattlesnake will bite and kill you. People with "Pet" snakes get bit, snake charmers get bit, Zoo workers get bit.
    Now I understand if you leave them alone there is no problem.
    But it doesn't always work out that way. Moccasins are truly cold, no remorse, feed it, keep it warm, raise it from a baby and it will bite and kill you. Same thing with a Brown Recluse or Black Widow spider, stone cold killers.
    Listen to "Sammy The Christmas Snake" one of my favorite songs. Sammy bit and killed Sid, the Christmas mouse.

2 weeks later
    #3260 3 years ago

just going to the other room for another beer the TV is frozen with their update crap.

Be sure to disable the internal camera on your tv and disable/cover the camera on your computer. Also turn off the microphone unless you are crazy and use alexa.
    A famous photo of Zuckerberg has him at his desk and shows a small piece of tape over the camera. Even he knows its not safe.
    After updates check to see if it was turned back on, this happens a lot.

#3264 3 years ago

That Mans' salary from Hee Haw was invested by his Sister to start Cookout Drive Thru.
    At least thats the Legend, never verified it.
    Cookout is the best fast food in NC.

#3290 3 years ago

I confess when watching a youtube pinball video and the guy says" I'm filming with one hand" it causes undue stress and consternation.
    Is he going to hit it? He missed it!
    No, not another one of these. Yep, only one handed play.

You may return to your norm.

1 week later
    #3321 3 years ago

Back in 90 we were hanging out a the Sportsman Bar. When you went inside the whole Bar was split in the middle with a Keep serving both sides.
    On one side were the Migrant Workers taking care of the local crops.
    The other was full of Us.
    They had their music playing just loud enough to be heard from a jam box.
    We had the Wurlitzer toned just right to not be obnoxious.
    Certain "Leaders" came over to our side and mingled while playing pool ever so often.
    It was like two different Countries combined in 2000 square feet and divided down the middle.
    There were never any fights between the two sides.
    They enjoyed their Saturday night and we pissed away ours.

#3327 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Todays confession is that this post was suppossed to be in the window pic thingo thread.
    [quoted image]
    This particular Water Dragon lives on the treetop deck rather than the creek pontoon. Landlord suspects him of eating his girls and kicks him off the deck when he's over that way. Sometimes Harry fights back and latches onto him
    Confession is, and why it's here, while taking the pic i realised I deadset hate the smell of honey.
    I mean it's nice if you walk past a box now and then, or open a jar, but when your sitting two foot away from a few boxes the bee spew gets a bit much.
    TryingToDrinkABeerHerePunkin

Nothing better than beeswax, candles, rubbing down good furniture with it.

2 weeks later
    #3364 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Simple. Quit listening to them. Except for me, this one time.
    LTG : )

Key Post!
    The Lady I luck I bought was rated 2# EM, so I expected it to be this great thing, and was disappointed.
    Now, after 100 games, I am extremely happy with it. Wish I hadn't read the Reviews and developed preconceived notions.
    One reason I haven't done any Reviews, yet.

#3366 3 years ago

Johnny, be free. Everybody is waking up and doing what they want to do.

#3380 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I couldn't conquer my trepidation, so drove into town for my double ender.
    Good thing too. While telling the boxing coach that works at the sports store there about my mate saying i'm a fat lazy bastard that won't move, she recommended a ball on a string for that as well.
    Said the ball comes from behind and the side, so i'll have to move.
    [quoted image]
    Gotta do a bit more work on the ball on the string, heavier string so it doesn't catch on shit. The speed bag is a blast though. Learning new things already.

Some techniques I used;
    Adjust to head level. Hit, and let it smack you in the face on rebound. Gets you used to being hit.
    Spin and hit with back fist.
    Using both hands "Dribble" by constantly hitting.
    We used one bungy cord to get way out,slow hits and return.
    Two or more cords for fast hits or "Dribbling"
    If you are hitting it correctly it comes straight back, not from the left or right.

#3403 3 years ago

Anyway for whatever reason I was just thinking about the y2k stuff.

The Corporation I worked for purchased a million dollars worth of Satellite phones to be ready.
    My friend the IT Manager slept in his office that New Years eve as his cohorts all over the World did the same.
    He said he walked out the next morning and called the Main Headquarters.
    "Everything OK?"
    "Yeah, everything good"
    He put the phone in his desk where it set for 14 years, when he gave it to me for scrap.
    This thing was cool! Had all the accessories still packaged in a nice leather bag.
    Then checked on what it would cost to activate it. 20 bucks a minute? If the cell system shut down who would I call?
    Sold it after showing off, paid for Christmas that year.

#3404 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

When I vacation in Florida I still can't believe I can't get a bottle of rum from the liqour isle in the grocety store because it doesn't exist.

But you can 50 cent drinks certain nights at the ABC Bars. Plus many of them rotate. Plus you are in Florida.

#3406 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Where it's hot as FUCK!!

Yeah,theres that. I stayed in Florida long enough to learn the tricks.
    Disneyworld? Go at night, less hot,crowded, see the fireworks and parade.
    Go the ABC bars during the day, then home to air conditioned nap.

#3411 3 years ago

I never have to worry about food if shit hits the fan.

Started hoarding this time last year. Use something, replace it with two more. Now have supplies for 5 Months. Not just food, everything else.
    But its not enough, never will be.
    Garden season is here and after canning tomatoes and everything else can add 2-4 Months.
    Looking at an alternative water system, Have a well so either buy a generator or manual water pump.
    Yeah, no generator, never needed one. But the propane powered ones are interesting. Diesel is always better but high priced.

#3412 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

My sister in law was working as an IT manager for a large insurance company during Y2K. The whole department had to be on site and ready to deal with problems instantly overnight on New Years. The company had installed large generators to run the whole building in case the power grid went down, had Port-A-Johns in the parking lot in case the municipal water went down, and provided the employees with flashlights in case the power and generators went down.
    Her comment was that if it got to the point where she was going to the Port-A-John by flashlight, she was going home because she wouldn't be able to do any IT work anyway.
    Then nothing happened, and they all wasted their New Years just being there.

If I remember correctly it was on a weekend. Would love to hear more Y2K stories, crazy times.
    I bought a 2000 Millenia Countdown clock, looking at it right now. After it hit zero I kept it and reset it for the Mayan Calendar apocalypse count down.
    May get some use out of it again soon.

#3413 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i got drunk and had a fat ol time last night.
    Didn't realise i was enjoying myself quite as much as this though.
    [quoted image]
    Don't remember sitting on the toilet playing the harp.

That is number 23 in the book "100 signs you may be an alcoholic"

2 months later
    #3836 2 years ago

Yeah, I ordered a motorcycle. Going to be here toward the end of July (honestly, the end of July.)
    Or they may tell me its been delayed, par for the course these days.
    So I'm sitting around waiting on everything.
    Had to make an appointment for the DMV a Month ago to take a test for Motorcycle Endorsement.
    Thats on the 2nd of July.
    Ive never witnessed things like this, and everyone takes it for granted.
    So been watching this retired guy in Thailand, says his SS payments go 3 times further.
    He is riding and souping up (Hotrodding) a bike like the one I ordered. Thailand has good roads and fantastic trails.
    Really depressing really.
    All I can think about is the fun one could be having and 40 days is forever.

#3841 2 years ago

beer is tasting good

Yeah I splurged on some Nat Light 16 ozers tonight and the cans had an Industrial aluminum smell.
    A Month ago I bought Nat Light and they had the same smell.
    Johnny, you ever notice a metallic aluminum smell? Keystone and PBR don't have it.

#3843 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yes, but the worst drivers i've seen anywhere. I've ridden all my life, but i hire cars in Thailand.
    Best drivers i've ever seen are the Chinese. You'll never see a car with a dint or smashed glass at intersections. Smart too. Foreigners can't get a license there.

The videos of Hanoi drivers looks worse than Thailand to me.
    Then again, I haven't been there.
    Anyway, the Okie in Thailand is a cool guy and seems to have it made.
    Plus some ultimate Honda Trail 125s.

#3844 2 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

I confess I’m depressed for you now.

Appreciate it. I will never understand how people order a pinball machine and wait Months, or even Years before they get it.
    That would drive me to the brink.

#3884 2 years ago

I am not normally some conspiracy theorist, but damn that condo that just collapsed looked like some professional hit job to bring the place down.

There is a lot one could say, or may say, or not concerning this incident.

#3893 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I confess.
    I'm curious. Since a hacker has once again hacked into my computer. Installed stuff to record the webcam I don't have and record the microphone I don't have. And has all my contacts. And wants a lot of money in bitcoins or they will share all my videos and audios while pleasuring myself watching illegal websites. And I am unable to stop this unless I pay them.
    Since they are in there already. Why don't they just help themselves to the money I don't have too ?

I got a copy of the video, it ain't all that.
    Don't pay.
    Offer to sell the rights to it instead, there are at least 20 people that will subscribe.
    Not a lot more.

#3929 2 years ago

I might be over it.
    Got back from Boxcar where I played several latest (to me) and greatest games.
    GNR was fun, fast and forgiving.
    Avengers gave me a new high score and won several games.
    Led Zeppelin and Stranger Things got one play.
    Asking myself the whole time would I pay thousands to have any of these games?
    Would I look forward to learning all the in and outs if I had one at home?
    Nah.
    Played Aerosmith more than the others, it almost has that 10-more games feel.
    Think nostalgia is a driving force to me, a game like Funhouse is better than the newest just because I put so many quarters in it when new.
    Old EMs at the fishing pier and campground clubhouses hold special memories because of the excitement of youth.
    Oh well, we all move on.

#3932 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

These are my 3 favorites wedgeheads at the moment. I’m excited for Target Pool repro glass to come out in the next couple years.[quoted image]

Yeah,thats it EJS. It's comforting to look at, pleasant to the eyes and spirit. I keep 4 EM in my bedroom, this is going to sound crazy but it helps me sleep. Just looking at the things before you nod out, first thing you see waking up.
    Then there is the smell. In summer they emit a nostalgic smell even with the air conditioner freezing you out.
    To be honest ownership, restoration, visual appeal and smell is why I love these things.
    Still enjoy playing them too.
    Sorry but a little disgruntled at the newest examples.

1 week later
    #3987 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Then he tells me he's thinking of opening a huge arcade.

A Women sued one of the Hunt Brothers and won paternity for her son. He got 5 million, she got 10 million.
    For some reason he came to Greensboro, bought some land and announced "The biggest Water Park/ Arcade on the East Coast"
    Ran out of money half way through. Borrowed 2 million from Mom and burnt through that too. Place became a ghost town of half-finished buildings and mudholes.
    We went there and four-wheeled, partied and shot guns.
    It was 15 years before Investors came in, bought it from the Courts for pennies and finished it up.
    Not sure if it still there.

#3998 2 years ago

I've been a treasure hunter my whole life. Metal detecting, gold panning, salvage and antiques.
    Looked for Blackbeards treasure. The first part of it near his house in Bath was found when a man nearby plowed a field and gold coins were scattered everywhere.
    The second treasure was supposed to be near Ocracoke Island, where He was killed. Research showed where two Commercial fishermen came back early one day, their nets tore up where they had snagged on something.
    Sold their house and boats and moved quickly to parts unknown.
    Locals who knew them quietly whispered they had hauled up treasure.
    Yet Books keep saying his treasure has never been found, to keep selling books I guess.
    Those folks in Ocracoke and Bath at that time were a tight lipped bunch and wouldn't have said squat.
    Even now if somebody is doing home repairs and digs up an artifact they don't tell anyone since the State comes in, tapes everything off and ruins their life for Months.
    I found a piece of China from Early England and tried to donate it, they told me to keep it and not tell anybody.
    When treasure hunting tight lips are a necessity.
    Oak Island? The treasure was found years ago and hauled off to keep from paying taxes and avoid scrutiny.
    Couple of young boys on vacation with their parents found some Spanish gold coins. They showed it to the Cape Hatteras Park Service, who promptly kept it and explained they own anything found and its illegal to treasure hunt.
    My confession? I have never found anything..

#4002 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I confess that I don't believe you, since you just said you woundn't tell anyone if you did find anything.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that anyone would attack my integrity in such a manner (in my best Strother Martin voice)

1 week later
    #4164 2 years ago

Broke a tooth off while ago, left a razor sharp edge that shredded my tongue.
    Was able to introduce a wrapped paper towel to break off the sharp part.
    What a blessing, can now sleep tonight without damage.
    Before going in to a bad/survival situation get the dental work out of the way.
    "Survivor" with T Hanks brought it home and made it clear.
    Somehing small and out of mind can become the main focus of your entire existence quick

#4175 2 years ago

Anyway, I hope someday my last words are "grab a beer and watch this".

Theres a good list of Famous last words" and my favorite?
    "Now comes the answer to the mystery"

#4176 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that sometimes i don't know what's going on or how a conversation can get turned around and i feel i'm out of my depth, but in the same instance i know perfectly well that it's just people trying to obfuscate to hide their own stupidity.
    I just don't know why that makes me feel stupid.

Thats called "Baffle them with bullshit" Took me awhile to recognize it, but once you do it stops working.
    A Friend told me a long time ago "Most people ain't about nothing"
    So when you are about something they don't like it and try to shut you down.

#4200 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I confess that after all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles that I’ve had over the past 34 years, I just put money down on my first ever brand new, being built for me vehicle. And I’m not the least bit excited about it.

Cause it will take a long time to arrive?

#4234 2 years ago

Vitamins were the last of what I was consuming that was messing me up bad.

Most multi-vitamins are loaded with iron.
    Men do not need iron.
    My friends were trying to have a child but nothing worked. I looked at his "Super vitamins" he had been taking, full of iron.
    He stopped taking them and his wife was pregnant a few weeks later.
    Most of the ingredients in vitamins are cheap salvaged industrial products.
    The vitamin C is sourced from crap too.
    Avoid bone meal, ground up animal carcasses.
    Other advice that has spared me from chronic conditions and indigestion.
    Fresh Garlic is good, more the better.
    Avoid Garlic Salt like the plague. Throw away your salt shaker.
    Stop cooking with grease. Butter, ANY OIL except Olive. Eliminate Lard, Crisco, anything solid at room temperature.
    Slow cook,do not fry. Learn how to drain grease.
    Drink distilled water. Cleans your system out.
    Drink green tea made with distilled water.
    Take an aspirin every now and then to thin your blood
    Fast often.

#4263 2 years ago

I confess to having destroyed a multi-billion Global Company ( I eventually retired from).
    (Content removed by request)

3 weeks later
    #4494 2 years ago

Spending half my life near Belhaven and at Hatteras we always waded in to fried oysters, mullet and shrimp. My Moms side were Commercial fishermen and supplied us with any and all fresh seafood available off the boat.
    I went on a date when Red Lobster first became popular. When the food arrived I looked at it, waiting for the real stuff to come out.
    That was the main course. I asked my Date "What is this shit?"
    That was my lone experience with Red Lobster.
    Later they opened a Hungry Fisherman down the road, complete with fake waterfront pier and a lighthouse.
    Remember speaking with Richard Petty that night, it was a real event.
    Several customers, myself included almost became violent when the meals were served. Super small heavily breaded greasy mess. We were so hungry smelling seafood cooking and they served up shit on a shingle.
    I got loud, made a scene, demanded a refund.
    We ran down to Libby Hill Seafood and ate some real food. These were non descript family fish houses that were affordable and always served up Calabash Style cooked right.
    That million dollar Hungry Fisherman restaurant lasted six months and closed.
    Someone that has never enjoyed real seafood might like Red Lobster.

#4500 2 years ago

Cant remember the name of the place but they always advertised "Big Fat Yeast Rolls!". They were good, came with little packs of honey butter.
    But the rest of the food sucked, so we always went in and got carry outs of these rolls.
    They bit the dust after a few years.

2 weeks later
    #4564 2 years ago

Hell, just 5 years ago I never would have guessed that I would have 15 phone calls a week about my car warranty now.

Good morning John, we have been unable to reach you by phone concerning your car warranty. I help the Dealership track down people who cannot receive our important calls.
    Good news!. Now that we know we can reach you here we will be contacting you regularly.
    Please update your Personal Information with us so it will be protected.
    We also need a current Phone number and Text number, without this information we will be forced to contact you daily here so that you do not miss important updates.
    Please do not make us mandate this information requirement,your cooperation is required on this time-sensitive offer, please open immediately.

#4595 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When I worked at the state fair, those buildings were empty 11 months of the year. They'd warn us about brown spiders. Wouldn't kill you but you could get really sick.
    So we hit farm auctions and would pick up a box of chemicals. Going through them you'd find some had DDT. Then a couple weeks before we'd start prepping the shooting gallery for the fair. We'd go in and spray the building inside.
    Might be a dead moose out front. But you sure didn't have to worry about spiders.

I used to buy Dairy Barn foggers at the farm store. These were huge cans and when you set one off in a house roaches, spiders, anything living would flood up out of cabinets and climb to the ceiling trying to get away.
    Really a sight to behold, they didn't come back for a long while.
    Can't get them anymore, they offered those little Hot Shot foggers that DONT WORK.

#4602 2 years ago

I was standing in line at a Taco joint and there was a beefy, bulging sort of man with a very red face (imagine the cab driver from Home Alone 2.
    A pint size waitress asks him "Have you been waited on Sir"?
    He says, "Yeah, I'm waiting for two tacos,two coffees and Christmas!"
    I'm looking forward to Christmas this year. Have a NIB American Girl Pin and a
    Baby Taylor for the Grandaughter.
    Hoping Christmas is an escape from this non-stop Information Age assault.
    I remember growing up without instant communication. You can have a happy life without the Web.
    Going to try it for awhile in 2022.
    People are just too angry these days, got to be coming from somewhere.

#4603 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When I worked at the state fair, those buildings were empty 11 months of the year.

Used to hit the NC State Fair every year. Last time I went (2018) got into a human crush. Small path through the permanent buildings, letting in hundreds on one side but the other side not moving.
    A real tall guy in the (middle to my rear) with a loud voice started barking out orders.
    "Stop pushing back there. Yeah, I see you!"
    "Get that front line moving, be careful!"
    In a few minutes everything was flowing again. I have seen this Guy before.
    At an Elton John concert where somebody let off a Military-Grade tear gas canister. The crowd was insane but he was back there shouting and order out of chaos ensued.
    Or the Lorillard hiring event at the Greensboro Coliseum. We camped out to be first in line for high-paying jobs.
    Only the next morning at daybreak everyone rushed the front in panic.
    We were all crushed against a chain-link fence with nowhere to go as hundreds (thousands?) pushed from behind.
    A loud voice, again, started barking out orders to control the crowd. It worked.
    Tall guy in the back, looked Military.
    Not saying its the same guy but still wonder..

#4631 2 years ago

To my young self nobody hooter..er hotter than Sally Field in Gidget.

1 week later
    #4700 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

so they’d need to climb our tree and I think that cranks up the cost too.

Knew two tree surgeon Brothers. They looked like 6.2 Rambos with size 28 waists. Could climb a tree in a couple of seconds with a chain saw hanging from their belt.
    Tough guys too, you didn't want to mess with them when they were drinking.

#4719 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I confess that I still have no clue what happened to me 1.5 years ago .Is there any way out of this ?

This incident was cast East to West, never to be remembered again.
    Unless there is DNA involved.
    Or an Audit.
    Also any children. Ex-Wives included. they go on forever.

#4731 2 years ago

I totally do not mind catching the catfish, and stingrays, they put up a good fight, and I am throwing anything back anyway.

My Brother liked to catch Kings off Dolphin Pier before it was destroyed.
    Someone had caught a large Ray and left it on the boards while the excitement of a king hookup occurred.
    While angling he slid his foot sideways in to the rays barb. Went through his Chuck Taylor.
    Ignored it and landed another King. Salt water sepsis set in and his foot swelled up that night.
    At the Hospital they irrigate the wound out but it didn't stop the infection.
    They finally had to cut out a large chunk of infected flesh to stop it. Foot saved, barely.
    Folks around here eat rays, they make whats called "Sea Scallops", say they taste good.
    A lot of scallops on the menu are ray and shark fin, these are differentiated from real scallops by adding "Sea".

1 week later
    #4793 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, I have no fucking clue why I live where the air hurts my face. Maybe something like Idaho, Oregon, Ohio, where its more temperate and I still get a bit more seasons... North Carolina! Prob my spot.

I'd stay away from North Carolina.
    The residents are a shiftless sort, preferring to sit in the shade after eating various smoked pork dishes and drinking home-made alcoholic swill.
    They are a lazy sort, and their temperament is hostile from a bad diet of too much salt,grease and grog.
    Proper housing is hard to find, most native denizens prefer shotgun shacks with dirt floors or rusty mobile homes.
    In many cases their barns would lend themselves to more suitable abodes with the farm animals (which are prized) living far better than their owners.
    They like crude humor, cheap clothes, used furniture and snacks like pork rinds Lance crackers Toms cookies washed down with Pepsi, straight.
    Or you could move to Charlotte, which is not a legitimate NC City, or Asheville which has been invaded by sandal wearing freaks from everywhere else.

#4795 2 years ago

I confess I could not live up north, and have to deal with snow for weeks/months at a time.

Here in NC we have had hellacious ice/storms with the power down for days.
    I have had to chainsaw my way in the driveway to get to the house.
    Heard there might be a "Dark Winter" so run out and got a new Kerosun heater.
    Heard there might be fuel oil shortages so run out and filled my cans with kerosene.
    Bought two gallons of Coleman fuel for the 1968 stove my Dad bought new.
    Already have full propane bottles in 1Lb and 20LB size to run a small shop heater as well as a simple cook stove.
    Dollar Tree supplied perfect short round candles that fit in my railroad lantern( have a new burner/wick for the thing but candles are easier, and they come in Cinnamon Vanilla and Unscented varieties.
    Already have the rest of the essentials, food,coffee, you name it.
    This "Dark Winter" might be a good thing. Cut off the Internet, the power, slow down for awhile.
    Not hard for those who grew up without it.

#4797 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

First world country eh?

That concept went out the window in 1971 when the Gold Standard was abolished.
    It's just now catching up with us.
    I remember going to friends houses growing up and they had a nice new car in the driveway.
    Nice house too, better than our paid-off version.
    Inside they had nothing but nice curtains. No furniture, ratty appliances.
    "Welfare Cadillac meets Keeping up with the Joneses"
    It's kinda like that here, now.
    There are two groups, one the type that grows gardens, makes their own wine, repairs their own cars.
    Saves 20 or so from every check. Cans their own food and always seem to have plenty of nutrition around from fruit trees, nut trees, maybe a cow or slaughter goats and rabbits.
    Then theres everyone else.
    "Never the Twain shall meet Cept calamity rears its head"

#4798 2 years ago

Boomers failed.
    Our Parents had a wealth of real-life skills needed to survive. We lived it,understood it and inherited those skills.
    They had survived a Depression, two major World Wars, shortages in everything from rubber to steel and fuel.
    Yet we spoiled our Children, choosing to protect them from the harsh realities of life and rounding off the sharp corners.
    Those real-life skills should have been passed down.
    All successful peoples with Generational wealth passed down skills learned from their ancestors.
    So there are Millennial and now Gen X folks running around clueless and trying to recapture and learn what to them is new but should have been a part of their psyche all along.
    It's not too late, it's never too late to try and correct this problem.
    If times get difficult it will correct itself but at great cost.
    Practices for the essentials of life, cooking, chopping, cleaning, growing,storing, preserving,inventing,marketing, defending will never change.
    When something comes along that promises to replace and improve these practices be wary.

#4815 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Well, everyone is saving for something - I'm trying to retire in 5 years and supporting a full grown man is hampering MY goal."

Be careful. That one entitled Guy killed his Parents and put his Moms head in a stewpot when they tried to cut him off.
    It's better when we give to our children freely later on after they become independent, instead of them becoming a burden.

1 week later
    #4874 2 years ago

I'm addicted to pumpkin spice.
    So I bought the Coffee Mate creamer at first sight.
    Tasted wierd, like chemicals and sugar but no Spice.
    Went back and got the Starbucks stuff. Don't normally purchase their products but this creamer was fantastic last year.
    Not this year, tasted just like the Coffee Mate only worse. No hint of Pumpkin Spice.
    Went back and got the Simply all natural stuff. Wound up taking it back it tasted so bad (hardly ever return stuff to the grocery store but this mess was 5 dollars.
    Went back,got a refund and bought the International Delight version. This is usually dependable.
    NOT! Very faint Pumpkin flavor so you have to pour too much in then your coffee is too sweet.
    Being from a Manufacturing background I surmise the following;
    There are shortages of good spices that make the Pumpkin Spice flavor.
    Braniacs in the Lab have tried to substitute cheaper, available flavorings in the Formula.
    All of these creamers are probably formulated and packaged by the same Factory.
    Studying how to make my own, looks like Allspice, Cinnamon, sugar and Half and Half.

#4876 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I don't eat pumpkin spice anything.

Share with us how you would feel if something you DO like( anchovies? Kippered snacks? Turnip soup?) was suddenly screwed up.

Just researched some SK foods, sounds delicious. Prarie Cherries, Spudnuts, Pemmican and Rhubarb with a side of cabbage rolls.

#4878 2 years ago

Those dried ribs sound good. I may try to make some of them donuts from mashed potatoes.

#4880 2 years ago

Is it like dry rub?
    Most of the ribs here are wet and sticky with honey/vinegar sauce. Doing more research.

#4894 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I confess the last time I had fun playing a console was N64.

Agree. To me Duke Nukem Zero Hour is the greatest game ever created.
    Mario 64 was the only game my Daughter played till the end.
    When it first came out only a lucky few were able to get consoles that Christmas, we were one of them.

#4895 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've only ever bought coffee when i've been in hospital. I make good coffee at home in my aeropress and only have two cups a day in the early am.

I use a mechanical french press for good black coffee. A Mr.Coffee for everything else.
    Stocked up on Coffee for about 5 Months, along with filters, sugar, powdered creamer and several jars of Instant Coffee which keep forever.
    Interesting that Hispanic/Latino folks prefer Nescafe instant coffee(least thats what I have been told by some of the old timers).
    Preferences? Folger Columbian, Maxwell House Columbian, Chock Fullof Nuts Columbian.
    Hooked for a long time on Yuban but don't see it around anymore.
    Eight OClock bean is still good but the ground is not worth the premium price.
    All the expensive coffees? Pass. As long as its 100 Columbian Its good.

#4902 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I buy a kilo of magic beans from a local roaster here a month. That's two cups a day in the Aeropress. I have a $400 grinder and a $50 press.
    LilPiggy ribs put away in the fridge ready for cooking for comp tomoz. Will serve with tater tots and garlic bread and whatever the other people bring. Found some 'rashers' at the supermarket, it's belly without the rib bones, so good, no broken teeth.
    [quoted image]

We call that "Streak a Lean"

#4903 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess when I saw all the new posts in this thread I thought "Oh no, people are arguing again". Turns out it was just food and gaming consoles. I'm so used to people yelling at each other about politics, prices, and pinball manufacturers in other threads.
    That's one thing I love about this thread: people are almost always friendly and cool on this thread, and I can say basically anything I feel like ranting about.
    I confess I hate it when people argue on pinside, although I also find it kinda entertaining. Like with school fights. It's sad that they happen, but it's entertaining when they do.

The problem is nobody is hardly talking about anything interesting.
    I get its a pinball place.
    When I joined, there were a dozen interesting threads going at a time, thats why I stayed.
    Now, its drying up, nobody wants to have in-depth conversations anymore.
    It reminds me of a time I went to a quiet little Church in the Country.
    The Preachers message was exceptionally good that morning.
    Mr. Andrews, who was pushing 90, always set in the same seat every Sunday.
    Well, he got blessed and went to stand up real quick and shout, but his foot was lodged under the Pew and got caught.
    In seconds two Ushers were there, " Are you alright?"
    They thought he must be having a heart attack since nobody ever stood up and shouted in this Church.
    Kinda like that .

#4908 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I disagree with your disagreement.

Look Man, why are you picking on my Friends?

#4911 2 years ago

First its toes and monsters, the the Owl shared his feelings, now we have EJS and LTG piling on. Now its all this.

#4972 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I read someone on here new to pinball complaining about the loud banging sound during or after a game probably once a month.
    Confess i shake my head about how little most people think.
    In my new small town (5 years) of 3000 people there are so many basic people and the pub society here is when they don't like a newcomer or someone upsets them they practice a shun.
    Ignoring people and boasting about blocking them on FB or their phone etc.
    It's preschool level of childishness, childlike and clumsy.
    i make sure to always say hello or nod to these people, eventually it breaks through and their ingrained manners get them to respond, or they see that i'm not going to stop saying hello and are resigned.
    The bit i do like is that it's statring to make some positive change to the social behavior and i have people echoing back to me rule 'Say hello, that's all you have to do. You don't have to be their best mate, but you haven't run over their dog either'.

I once went to purchase property on Wanchese, which is the South end of Roanoke Island.
    The Guy selling it warned me I would NEVER be accepted.
    He ran a successful Auto Parts Store and his wife taught School at the local Elementary for 18 years.
    Yet when they were in the Grocery store or on the street the people shunned them like they didn't exist. He or her didn't have a single friend. Forget where they came from.
    He had grown sick of it and had fire sale prices on his properties.
    I backed out.
    The Legend says there were two Indian Brothers who run the Island (Manteo and Wanchese).
    Wanchese for some reason cursed the Village (or was cursed by the People of the Village).
    Manteo on the North end became a cool Town and thrived(Andy Griffith called it home)
    Wanchese is a hard fishing village where you might see a brick Mansion with a hog pen beside it.

#5045 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

That's because the fun people to read got banned, like Odin. Lot's of other examples of fun members getting cancelled because of cupcakes.

Yeah, it was a lot better 5 years ago. The Forum could be so much more.

1 week later
    #5174 2 years ago

I learned real quick that shrimp are a real pain in the ass and not cute at all so I will always eat as many of those bastards as I can the rest of my life.

My Friend had an expensive salt water aquarium. He filled it with creatures instead of fish, all kind of weird aquatic animals that cost a fortune.
    I went with him one time and he bought three live shrimp, they were about 20 bucks a piece.
    He told me the other specie he had in there wouldn't eat them according to the book.
    1 minute after hitting the water they were tore apart and gulped down. WOOSH 60 bucks gone.
    Everything eats a shrimp.

#5243 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I truly don't know why we don't just round things to the nearest dime and forget pennies.

Because some greedy Accountant at the Fed figured out they would lose money in some way. Whats the old saying, "He would steal the pennies off a dead mans eyes"
    Of course a lot of people don't realize they used to put pennies on dead peoples eyes.
    Well, anyone continuing this tradition has been effected by inflation, so use nickels or dimes.

#5262 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What product could be made and sold at a store today for one cent? Something so insignificant it would have to be paid for with a penny because transaction costs would be too high. Imagine anything could be sold for a loss at one cent, but ingredients of this product could only cost fractions of a fraction of one cent. The labor required to make each one would need to be fractional too. Then distribution and marketing take a piece of the cent. Finally the product is marked up and put on sale for ..... one cent each. Customers love buying it. Stores love selling it.
    ^ This is not a riddle and I have no idea if there is such a product.

Paper matches were available around here recently for 3 cents.
    You could buy a toothpick for a penny.
    If the store sold Shiba crypto you could get a few for a penny.

Bottom line, you are right, the penny is worthless

#5291 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I also confess I wonder why Dee-Bow really posted 27 as a response. Maybe I missed something or maybe there was a recent thread that merited a numeric response. I also find it interesting when you "at" someone in a response the "search as you type" is case sensitive yet it completes as lower case then posts back to it's originally case sensitive self.

The previous poster was counting how many times he used the F word and stopped at 26 when he actually reached 27.

1 week later
    #5397 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The hot dogs eater inhaled a little too hard and the hot dog got lodged in his throat.

I always cut fried dogs in to little squares since they are notorious for killing people.
    These things are delicious and deadly for older folks with bad teeth.
    Accept your age and chewing ability!
    "A Man has to know his limitations"

#5434 2 years ago

Anyway, too many downvotes there, and that is bs.

Didn't see the down votes. Can't see them since I blocked that feature.
    Same candy asses down voting. Who cares about these losers?
    Block them. Block their ability to be negative.
    Block their ability to be heard. Block their passive=aggresive down votes.
    I no longer down vote. No longer see down votes.
    Feel a lot better until someone reminds me there are still down votes.
    They think they can stop you from commenting, stop your opinion. Make you feel weird or unwelcome to share your thoughts.
    Soon they will get it through their thick brainwashed skulls their tactics aren't working, will never work.
    They are on the wrong side of the issue. They are the problem. They deserve to be blocked.
    Thats all I have to say about that.

#5443 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I confess that I think a new thread that just got deleted by the mods

Must have been the I like dresses Thread.
    Yeah, was looking forward to that. Klinger only had so much traction, you just knew it would evolve to a cluster.

#5447 2 years ago

I confess after I read this I looked all over the place and could not find it.

I tried searching that by topic and could not find anything.
    Oh well, maybe soon LTG will have time to post a funny story?

I was wrong, the dresses thread is back.
    Would really like to know what was deleted.

1 month later
    #5818 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am not a fan of the Cinematic camera views on sporting events. I can’t see interesting things in the background, like fans, fan signs, cheerleaders, etc. and when they have the camera moving on a group of players running, the focus shifts often and it just sucks. I confess cinematic camera view takes away from my viewing pleasures.

They felt they had to go to this with empty seats, political signs, offensive Fans.
    Blur it all out.

#5823 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

We took down our christmas tree today, and I confess I am ready for winter to be over. Holidays are fun and all (except for delayed shipping and buying gifts for people) but I just want warmer weather now.
    I also confess I think one year we left our tree up till February, possibly even early march
    I don't really remember, it was a while ago.

Still a few Villages in NC that celebrate Old Christmas till the 26th so its all good.
    They used to have a wood goat (or deer?) on wheels they pushed through the Town, not sure they still do that?
    Called it Old Buck.

1 year later
    #10532 1 year ago

In Central NC where I am the rain hasn't stopped enough to dry out, for Weeks!
    My yard has had dozens of Service trucks in and out, the regular family traffic as well as Amazon and UPS trucks.
    Its a mudhole. A mudslick torn up mess.
    The ditches are small creeks. Not including dog manure piles that haven't been shoveled out since the mud is so bad.
    Been remodeling and the rear deck has extensive mud-boot tracks going in the house.
    No sink to wash dishes so using the tub.
    Small gas camp stove to cook on. 3 Grandkids to feed.
    Did I mention the mud?

7 months later
    #11921 7 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

A good friend's father took his own life today.
    No idea what to say or do for my friend

Just listen to him the next time you meet.
    Don't add anything or interrupt, just listen.

1 month later
    #12181 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Moped Rod was the only cool thing about either of those shows, I confess.
    The saddest thing was seeing one of my heroes from back in the day in serious decline.[quoted image]

Is that "Ever seen a grown man naked? Matt Dillons' brother? Mission Impossible?

2 months later
    #12329 3 months ago

Confess I stopped using the block feature, and I only use the ignore feature now.
    Downvotes tick me off, I have never left one, and I never will. I just roll my eyes and keep scrolling when I don't agree with something.
    I never even use the ignore feature, except to block downvote people from downvoting me.
    I hope all of you had a GREAT Christmas, and I hope all of you have a very Awesome 2024!
    (And I still upvote every post in this thread). I do love this thread.

Think I will follow your lead.
    I stopped downvoting awhile back. There are a few malcontents that seem to downvote me at every chance.
    So I blocked and ignored them.
    Out of sight, out of mind.
    Helps start the New Year off right!

2 weeks later
    #12387 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I still get people calling and asking me to fix their German cars. I also have nothing to compare them to. And some cans of worms it is better not opening.

Owned a 63 Transporter, 63 Beetle Sunroof, 1971 Beetle.
    I loved them but never got any of them "Fixed"
    Would run from a BMW, year no matter.
    After 73 Mercedes diesel I'm lost. Simple, intuitive repairs.
    Audi? No.
    Porsche? Understand and appreciate the air-cooled.

1 month later
    #12477 43 days ago

Save some money and buy a short one.
    Like the funeral home guy who sawed the guys legs off to fit.
    (look it up, its real),

3 weeks later
    #12506 19 days ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I confess the most fun I ever had playing pinball was with the 4th worst SS game per the Pinside ratings: Raven. I was in my 20s (mid 1990s) and it was my first machine ... $350 was all I could afford, but it was in amazing shape and never gave me a single issue except for an occasional burned out bulb. My friends (yes even the ladies) would come over, drink some brews, play over and over, and laugh at the ridiculous backglass image. But hell it was fun.

I gotsta know, where did you get the bulbs back then?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.