Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider naf_llabnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5831 2 years ago

I confess: convinced the wife I "needed" a WOZ ECLE as my FINAL pin in my small four machine collection, which any normal human would agree that the game room is completely packed, no more space, period. Love the machine which I bought this weekend; it really is a work of art and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. But three days later, I already have a tape measure out just to see if there might be space for one "last" machine ... (nothing wrong having the machines half an inch from each other, right?!?).

1 month later
    #6365 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I sold some worthless baseball cards for really cheap and charged $25 to ship. I think they sold for a dollar or something. I got them free from someone who had a bunch. I don’t know anything about cards but did enough research to know they were not special.
    Ended up paying $32 for shipping so I was already out a few bucks. Guy says he never got them Fedex says he did. eBay sided with him and he gets full refund. I never looked at eBay in the same light again. They didn’t do an investigation or anything.
    I used to work with UPS and FedEx all the time with taking care of customers and helping them get a new order placed on their behalf at one of my jobs years ago.
    Maybe it’s a win win now I can give more people things for free because I don’t want those headaches.
    I have some cargo bed nets that are new they sell for $120 online I think. I’ll probably give them away.

That sucks EJS ! Reminded me of a smartphone I sold on eBay years ago. The buyer changed their mind after winning the auction, they had already paid, the phone was already shipped, and they wanted out of the deal. I nicely told the guy that the phone was now his, and a week later he filed an eBay claim stating the phone was damaged. He either took sandpaper or a grinder to the screen. Despite the photos from the ad, eBay sided with him and forced me to accept a return and provide a full refund with shipping both ways. I looked up the buyer and found the jerk was highly respected professor at a well known university, and even years later I still have his address and sign him up for magazine subscriptions at home and work (which was easy to find). The raunchier the better.

1 year later
    #11274 12 months ago

I am a runner, but after running the NYC marathon last fall I stopped running but kept eating the same amount. For five glorious months. Finally did my first real run today since then, and blew off the dust of my digital scale that uploads my weight to a phone app, and weighed in. The news was really bad. So bad my app popped up a new message: "Weight variance indicates a new user. Add new user?"

And while I am confessing, I had Whataburger for lunch.

10 months later
    #12466 49 days ago

I confess I used to write online coffin reviews from the perspective of the deceased (Costco and other websites). I mean I would get into every detail such as pillow plushness, legroom, lack of USB ports, etc. The reviews were very popular until they would get taken down.

#12469 48 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Which one was your favorite?

Titan XL, 36" wide model, dark blue with the crepe interior (I am one of those "widebody" fans).

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Casket-Oversize-Funeral-Various/dp/B08755SM3B

3 weeks later
    #12497 27 days ago

As one who primarily lurks on the forum, I have found that on almost any given thread 1) LTG is going to offer some incredible insight and can fix anything on the planet and 2) punkin is going to provide some serious entertainment that is always coming from a good place of humor and sincerity. Very happy birthday to both of yous

#12505 23 days ago

I confess the most fun I ever had playing pinball was with the 4th worst SS game per the Pinside ratings: Raven. I was in my 20s (mid 1990s) and it was my first machine ... $350 was all I could afford, but it was in amazing shape and never gave me a single issue except for an occasional burned out bulb. My friends (yes even the ladies) would come over, drink some brews, play over and over, and laugh at the ridiculous backglass image. But hell it was fun.

#12507 23 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I gotsta know, where did you get the bulbs back then?

Great question. I am 99% sure I just took in a sample bulb to Radio Shack and they carried those.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider naf_llabnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=naf_llabnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.