Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 67 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E426411A-0FD2-4F48-A5BC-4130D5DE7ADA (resized).jpeg
Space Station 2018 09 16. (resized).jpg
100_9243 (resized).JPG
pasted image 0 (resized).png
clit (resized).jpg
66A17B71-EF28-4FF2-B658-244F14B4C62F (resized).jpeg
BF13C594-CC0F-4A8E-800B-0B5EB15C569A (resized).jpeg
6DBD2EE5-EF75-4FBF-91C8-11ED691B211B (resized).png
E0C8380A-EC9A-48B5-BCB5-067E276CA729 (resized).jpeg
anna (resized).jpg
6FDC4742-FEBE-483B-A161-682A324AEFBC (resized).jpeg
shaving-cuts (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
crosswords (resized).jpg
5E4EEB9F-CF08-4061-8C6E-190A451B239D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2785 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#601 3 years ago

Sometimes my real pins will sit untouched and I'll play the computer versions instead, because I'm too lazy to get up from my desk.

I refuse to own a cellphone.

Pinside is the first thing I check on my computer in the morning, and the last thing before I go to sleep at night.

I can't bring myself to throw out used parts after a shop job. Every broken flipper, pitted ball or blackened sleeve goes into a box, "just in case" I might need it at some point.

When I got my first pin, I told my fiancée (we live together) that I was stopping at one. When I got my second, I told her I was stopping at two. Same thing with three, four, and five, all within two months of each other. Not sure how much more luck I can push.

When I saw my fifth on Craigslist, I called her at work to ask if it was okay to bring home another one. Her response was "do whatever you want". We all know that this really means "over my dead body", but I took her at her word. She wasn't happy.

4 months later
#739 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

*you're a monster

This effing cracked me up.....like "tears in my eyes" cracked me up.

2 months later
#824 2 years ago

I ordered a large number (well, for me, at least) of Comet LED's at Art's Black Friday sale and have yet to use a single one of them.

3 months later
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

Double thumbs-up for you if it's Hercules.

3 weeks later
#882 2 years ago

When one of my pins is about to say something, I always ask it a relevant question.

Me: "Sorcerer, how do you like your steak?"
Sorcerer: "Well done!"

3 months later
#950 2 years ago

I cringe every time I see an owner pull the glass, prop up the heavy playfield with the single prop bar on the right, and then watch the playfield torque and twist due to nothing supporting it on the lefthand side. I'm guessing that's a major cause of clearcoat cracking around the edges of inserts.

2 months later
#954 1 year ago

Stainless steel coindoors have edges sharp enough to slice right through the polishing cloth and deep into your fingers as you're cleaning them.....guess how I found out. Anyone else dumb enough to do this?

3 weeks later
#955 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

When one of my pins is about to say something, I always ask it a relevant question.
Me: "Sorcerer, how do you like your steak?"
Sorcerer: "Well done!"

Another I've used lately:

Me: "Pinbot, where did you go after your heart attack?"
Pinbot: "ICU"

3 weeks later
#966 1 year ago

I recently helped my buddy get his first pin, a Firepower. It worked just fine but no sound, so he's been playing it silent for two months. He checked all the connectors, had someone check the components and power with a MM, everything checks out fine. He's pulling the screws last night to send the board out for repair and he notices that one of the connectors (which he had checked) is off by one pin, like a mis-buttoned shirt. Reseats correctly and boom! sound!

2 months later
#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I also confess that it is fun to enter your initials on high scores on your friends pinball machines.

Especially when it's their favorite game, and/or you know nothing about the rules and it's the first time you've played it. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

4 months later
#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I sometimes play the second and third ball after getting no score on the first and not restart a new game.

Sometimes you wind up with a killer high score after blowing the first ball. Sometimes you play a great first ball and then fudge balls two and three.

4 weeks later
#1140 1 year ago

I never liked Bone Busters....what a dumb theme, I thought. Just took a good look at the flyer and realized, Bone Busters = Ghost Busters. Damn, I'm so obtuse.

2 months later
#1169 10 months ago

Jibmums Guide to Cleaning Plastics:

1. Wash off with warm water and dish soap.
2. Polish surface with Novus 2 and a soft, worn flannel shirt.
3. Drop at the top of the basement stairs, watch it hit every stair on the way down, and finally land in a sticky glue bug trap that wasn't there yesterday.
4. Swear profusely and clean sticky, goopy glue residue from plastic.

1 month later
#1205 9 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I do crossword puzzles with pens

I do crossword puzzles with penis. Hard to erase.

3 weeks later
#1216 8 months ago

Had a dream last night that I picked up a Fathom for ten bucks. Yup, it's come to this, I've actually started to dream about pinball.

4 weeks later
#1227 7 months ago

I've arrived at the conclusion, after several hours of stress, that one of the most punishing undertakings in pinballdom is the removing and replacing of the two-dozen-or-so mini-post rubbers on the bagatelle playfield in Pinbot.

2 months later
#1297 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s like this guy I worked with who asked me once: “why do you need more than one game, aren’t they all pretty much the same, 2 flippers and a ball?” Which is like asking “Why do you look at girls, aren’t they all pretty much the same?”

Two ____ and a ____ ?

4 months later
#1401 17 days ago

I don't know why polishing my crusty old coindoor keys so they shine like new gives me such a sense of satisfaction....but it does.

100_9243 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Walled Lake, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside