Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3536 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I don’t miss any of my games after I sell them, even the really good ones. I just sold my 40th game (over 20 years), a nice Stern JP. The new owner got CHAOS multiball on his first game, so I know he’s going to love it. For me, Stranger Things has moved into JP’s spot. Sometimes change just for the sake of change is a good thing.

Funny this is the last post. Never posted in this thread but was compelled to come here confessing I truly regret selling my Metallica Pro. I enjoy the games I have now, but really miss that game. Flawless playfield, and so many toys for a pro game. I need to have this game again someday. I also miss stranger things, but if I got it again it would HAVE to be premium version.

1 week later
    #3605 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

If you don’t know what cosplay is, you’re missing out. Just Google “slave leia cosplay”, you’re welcome.

Well ain’t that some shit.

Also, I confess I’ve been wanting to ask JohnnyPinball007 if he obtained an Elvira since he posted asking for purchase advice, but I was too lazy to look for the thread and ask, and thought I’d seem like a creeper if I pmed him about it since I haven’t had any direct communication with him other than upvoting one of his poetic posts.

Now, I confess that this post may be creepier than just pming him.

1 month later
    #3970 2 years ago

My wife won’t let me get Ghostbusters because I can’t promise to turn the random scream setting off if we got it.

#3991 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I swear. Someday they will invent technology that works.
    LTG : )

I work in IT, highly unlikely haha.

Too many people with too many different ideas trying to “work together”.

Same reason you can’t build a building 100 percent by the plans, ever.

#3995 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess if I could change my user name here, I would want to be LittleJohnny, if that is available.
    When I first joined here I was in a hurry for whatever reason.
    Kind of like for a while I was in a hurry for a NIB, and did not know that a vault edition could be NIB later.
    And confess who gives a crap, I am very HAPPY! And I hope all of you are doing awesome and happy also.
    Confess most of the best jokes I have ever heard involved a little Johnny, and I am kind of small also.
    Confess I had a few too many beers, and ready to crash for the night.

I confess id miss seeing the name JohnnyPinball007, but if you do change it, you HAVE to add 007.

LittleJohnny007 wouldnt be too hard of a transition for most folks.

Or, maybe just have both. You ONLY post short posts while sober from the LittleJohnny account, and the moment you start drinking you use JohnyPinball, like 2 personalities!

2 weeks later
    #4199 2 years ago

I confess my infant daughter is currently being read a bedtime story by my amazing wife PocketSnacks who asked me to make her a cocktail. I couldn’t find a jigger, so I’m using one of her old bottles (she’s outgrown) because it has the most convenient measurement lines !! I feel like this is a great life hack.
    36B0C1AB-2A8B-4829-9C10-8DD25E4ED6EE (resized).jpeg36B0C1AB-2A8B-4829-9C10-8DD25E4ED6EE (resized).jpeg

#4217 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that NIB games did sticker shock me at first, several years ago, but after I learned that as long as you do not buy a game that not many people like, you can play it all you want in the comfort of your home and not lose much when you decide to sell it.
    For the first time in a couple years going on vacation soon.
    Some motel prices seem a tad high, but not enough to say sticker shock.
    But menus at restaurants in the areas I will be, damn!
    I have no problem with a $15.99 shrimp dinner, but lunch was like $10.99 lowest price for a burger. Hell no!
    I confess I have never used anything except the fridge in a motel room that had a kitchen, but in the future I may have some cooking ware with me on road trips.
    Everything is going up, and I am pretty much fine with everything except food prices going up.
    Jay sent me a link to a restaurant that had very awesome reviews, won awards, etc.
    I looked at the menu, and sent him a pm back that the prices were kind of high.
    Jay came back with yeah, and you will pay 8k for a pin.
    Well, that 8k pin we can enjoy for a long time without having to go anywhere, and not lose much at all when we are ready to sell and get something else.
    That $25.99 rib eye steak has no resale at all, it is just gone in a few minutes.
    Am I missing something?
    I mean I could be missing something, I was here forever before anyone told me about the basement here.
    I mean is there some kind of fertilizer program going on that I have never heard of, that if I have that $25.99 rib eye I can resale the poop for $21.99?
    And maybe that $15.99 shrimp dinner is worth $12.99 in this program?
    Confess at home, we eat on less than $100.00 a month, and not eating any noodles.
    I confess this whole pinball addiction has been awesome for me.
    Used to I did eat out all of the time. And I lost all of that money, but no regrets.
    Once I got back into this pinball addiction, I mean pinball hobby, I started looking at ways to save more money to be able to get my next fix.
    Yeah for a long time we were doing the dining pass at the Six Flags 5 miles from here, worked ok, sucked sometimes when it was a tad crowded.
    I confess a very long time ago I had steak almost every night, and now I do not even care about steak.
    I love how pinball machines hold their value so well, and are so fun.
    Food, blah, total waste of money but we do have to eat, and not doing any noodles but Aldi does have good prices on chicken and ground beef.
    And used to on summer holidays charcoal would be a great deal and I would stock up. Sucks that did not happen the last 2 years.
    Pinball is awesome when you are not rich. It will help you to pinch pennies and see what you are wasting money on.
    Pinball machines are never money wasted, they always have value.

My wealthy uncle is the worst at trying to get breaks with anything. I just roll my eyes.
    But that is just his hobby it seems, and he enjoys that crap.
    Over 30 years ago when I was doing flea market crap sometimes I would hear a Dad trying to train his young son on talking prices down, and that pissed me off, and I would say NO, before the question was even asked.
    I have never talked any prices down, I pass if I do not like a price.
    Yes I will ask about volume discounts sometimes, I think that is legit.
    I would never ever ask LTG for some discount, it is a game room, it is not like he has 40 cases of #0 bubble mailers in overstock that he wants to get rid of that I could use if cheap enough that it would take me 5 years to use them, while in the meantime taking up space while storing them until they are all gone.

I 100% agree with that. But like I just said at times in the past kids were being coached by parents, and it ticked me off.
    I really doubt any kid enjoys getting put on the spot, and in the middle of something, that some tight ass parents are trying to teach.

Much of this hits home. I dont mind splurging on a nice dinner every once in a while, especially on vacation. I think I justify this because I have an uncanny knack of avoiding the touristy stuff like the plague. My idea of a good vacation is seeing as few other people who seem like they are on vacation also.

Ive been to vegas numerous times but only for work where I didnt have to pay anything, and even then I rented a car and drove off the strip to check out all the amazing parks nearby. Vegas would actually be a great place to go because you can get inexpensive hotels, car rental is cheap (or at least it was) and you have easy access to some absolutely incredible stuff that is in no way what people would associate vegas with.

Credit where credit is due though, old vegas (Fremont St, and surrounding area) are quite the site to see, lol.

I am the oldest middle aged man I know.

#4246 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.>

I love me some Johnny posts, but my lord is this funny.

#4248 2 years ago

I don’t care who judges me, Gran Torino is a cinematic masterpiece.

1 week later
    #4339 2 years ago

Anxiety has kept me from doing many things in life. Its not that it cripples me like it does some people, its just that I always see things as a good/fun idea but when the time comes to do it I always find a way out, hate thinking about the things I could have missed out on.

Last week we went out to visit my wifes family who is from Bethlehem PA which is about a 10 hour drive from me, no big deal, have done it annually countless times. Anyways, a couple days before our trip a pinsider I converse with regularly Multiballmaniac1 threw up a Walking Dead LE at a very reasonable price. Seems like a great deal, from a guy I trusted, but due to my history of bailing on things I saw little chance of getting it. I mean with a new baby our SUV was already packed to the roof, and he still lived 5 hours further east than I was already traveling (1 way).

A few tolls, 10 hours of driving, and a rented uhaul trailer later, I have a Walking Dead LE in my basement. No big deal to many, but to me such a sense of accomplishment. I hate anxiety with a passion, and hope this turns out to be the beginning of putting it behind me.

#4342 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i have to stop eating Sichuan hotpot so often. Morning afters are killing me.
    [quoted image]

Haha, that second burn is way worse than the first.

1 month later
    #4725 2 years ago

I was at the beach in Florida this past week and realized looking at pictures how much I look like a celebrity.

The unfortunate news is that celebrity is E.T. , fucking beer belly

#4757 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yep, whole fish fillet. Gross as fuck.
    [quoted image]

Give me a plate of those and some Cheetos and im good to go for the night!

3 weeks later
    #5019 2 years ago

It burns my ass waiting in line at the pharmacy (the drive through outside) and people don’t have their shit together.

Sure, you have 8 cars behind you but by all means, ask for a prescription you didn’t even call in yet and then suggest “I’m fine waiting”.

Infuriating. Thankfully most pharmacy techs have the sense of mind to tell them to piss off and drive around so people who aren’t assholes can pick up their stuff.

#5020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I confess that i usually scroll down to see the size of Johnny's posts.. i still read them, just like to know what I'm getting myself in to!

Sometimes I just wanna get high and read them backwards. Not sure I could do it.

#5023 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

My pharmacy drive thru is so slow if I see more than 1 car in line, I walk in and grab my stuff and am out and see the same cars still in line. Drive thru is for lazy shits.

I didnt have any shoes on or I would have.

#5040 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that when my kid was about 3, he thought it would be fun to do a crap under the tree in the backyard, since he’d seen the dog do it. That was totally fine by me, but my wife made him go inside to get a grocery bag to pick it up. Problem is, before he got back the dog ate it all. It was a treat, since he’d only had cat turds up to that point in his life.
    Confess that I don’t know why dogs eat crap, but that’s why I never let mine lick my face.

LOL! That pizza and ice cream turn was probably heavenly for the dog. Hilarious

#5042 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

2 confessions.
    I broke my no selfie rule, and it's been quite a few years since i woke up stuck to the pillow.
    [quoted image]

You ate another mans Cheetos and he whipped your ass?

2 weeks later
    #5208 2 years ago

THC Delta 8 is basically a legal way to sell weed, is how the marketing seemed to me.

I assumed it was basically CBD being marketed as a way to be edgy.

So I ordered some, it isn’t.

#5236 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Dollar bills
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d0dd16b30c3b672565c86b6cf2f0bc73fbce4c85-1636922662-1800"};
    //]]>

Rich boy

#5279 2 years ago

I realized tonight that I am genuinely happy with all the pinball machines I own. Technically I still own Houdini but getting rid of it because its just to brutal for a scrub like me, and wife HATES it. AP makes beautiful, quality machines too.

The bad part is I am genuinely out of reasonable ways to make room in my basement. Its doable, but will take laying out the entire basement again to make it happen. I genuinely could make it happen, but part if me is saying wait till our awesome neighbors move in a few more years because then I can just move into a house with a bigger basement.

First world problems I know .

Cant / shouldnt complain

2 months later
    #5887 2 years ago

If they (any manufacturer) made an Ozark pin and it had real callouts from Ruth I would preorder the highest version.

“Hurry the FUCK up Marty”.

#5912 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I was a little jealous two of my friends went out to play Rush this morning while I clean the house. Then they send me a pic of the game being down. Now I feel like the old guy in the meme drinking coffee looking at his computer then at the camera. As I sit here ACTUALLY drinking coffee in sweats waiting for my frozen pizza.
    I said that’s red bullshitta
    [quoted image]

Ouch, how does this even happen?

1 month later
    #6404 2 years ago

I thought the videos and streams of Rush made the game look horribly boring, after playing it I was completely wrong! What a blast that game is!

I confess, I am to judgemental.

3 months later
    #7925 1 year ago

My pinball dream theme would be anything involving Steve Irwin.

1 month later
    #8520 1 year ago

Extraordinarily frustrating, yet extraordinarily productive week. Was happy for it to be over, but on the way home felt compelled to flip the bird to someone, which I am not proud of. Havent dont that in years, not because I am "above that", but because I dont want to do it to the wrong person and get myself road rage shot. Was at a 4 way stop where I was turning left, guy across from me who was going straight got to the the sign at least 3 seconds after me, and proceeded to go. Fuck that, I went as well in front of him, was going to leave it at that till he threw his arms in the air as if I was in the wrong. Anyways, didnt feel bad because I think I hurt him in anyway (he can fuck off), but rather because I dont want to be that person now that I am a father.

Life just seems way to short to allow that type of stuff to get to me, because there is too much good to be thankful for. Anyways, wanted to share this mundane event with you fine folks. Now its time to update the new Rick & Morty code, and enjoy that along with my new Rush tonight.

Have a great weekend pinside confessional.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.