Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakandgeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7606 1 year ago

I confess that for the first time seriously considering leaving the USA for good. Any suggestions?

I don't want to leave the USA for more tyranny, chaos or cultural marxism. So Europe not a consideration.

Prefer warmer weather, beaches, easy visa access, and as a bonus maybe a place likely to be more Bitcoin friendly.

Panama? Mexico? Uruguay? Any insights anyone?

#7609 1 year ago

Did you really recommend Somalia and The Congo? Jeez not even worth a response really...but will give you one anyhow.

Australia and New Zealand are the opposite of what i want. These are already tyranny zones. Canada as well (also too damn cold for me anyhow).

Don't mind guns. In fact places with easy gun ownership are typically much less inclined to have governmental tyranny. So guns = good.

Overall crime not really a huge concern as I would not be moving to hood but likely the nicest part of town & within the nicest hood.

Quoted from MtnFrost:

I would suggest looking for any country that has a better quality of life. Things like single payer healthcare, no guns, and an investment in the support infrastructure you might find useful in your life. Ruling out Europe seems rather rash, given that most countries there and in places like Australia and New Zealand have a far better quality of life (and no Marxism). I'd really worry about crime in the places you mentioned. I too worry about the US, but you misspoke. It's tyranny (by the minority), chaos and authoritarian fascism. America has no marxism threat. But if you really feel that way, I'd suggest Israel, Costa Rica, Italy, Somalia, Congo and Saudi Arabia. Given the bitcoin crash, I have no idea if that's a wise option.

#7620 1 year ago

Not trying to get political. Canada still has no travel in/out for the unjabbed. Also taking govt actions on banning guns. These are both indisputable facts. Maybe that smells like freedom and liberty to you — but it does not to me.

Quoted from swampfire:

freakandgeek The Confessional is a judgment-free zone, but it’s also politics-free.

#7622 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks for making my point.

You're welcome. I'm glad you feel good about making your point, whatever that was.

#7623 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I liked most of your post, but this stood out. So to be clear, you are glad that others are paying for your healthcare, but are against you paying anything for others to have healthcare.
    I can't square that. Thank you for your service, by the way.

If that is the promise of military service why have a beef with him getting what was promised? If you want free VA healthcare (not exactly the Taj Mahal by the way) go ahead and put your own butt on the line, OK?

It's that simple.

#7625 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Too complex a concept apparently.

Stating that government actions removing freedoms to whether you can come & go or what you can or cannot purchase does not equate to freedom.

This is not a political statement. It is just math. I am sorry that is too complex for you.

#7628 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I think you’re missing the point of this thread. Here, we talk about these things:
    - dumb pinball things we have done
    - beer
    - stories from our youth
    - weed
    - gripes about contractors
    - taking a break from drinking or smoking
    - things we should have been arrested for when we were young
    - beer and weed
    Read the room, man.

My confession was a sincere one...sorry it was not good enough for you.

#7653 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You’re forgiven. Don’t know if you remember, but ~20 years ago I drove to Brunswick to buy a No Fear from you for $1400. My son loved it - he still talks about it. I confess that 6 years later, I traded NF plus $1800 for an Iron Man at BumperNets. Confess I put a good $1200 into modding that IM with sweet red armor, etc, then again, traded it 6 years later - this time for GOTG. Confess Guardians only lasted 6 months, and then I replaced it with Jurassic Park. That lasted 2 years, and I replaced it with Stranger Things.
    Confess that I’ll hold on to an 80’s pin for decades, but a few years is okay for me on many DMDs. In fact I think the only 80’s game I ever sold was Andromeda, which I sold to Ed Robertson to help round out his awesome Game Plan collection, and also because he’s one of the nicest guys in pinball.

I confess that I do remember this. That was 2 houses ago. I now live in downtown historic area of Brunswick. I can sell you something else if you wanna come down & visit. How about a Fireball II? I think you may dig that one. I am about ready to let someone else enjoy it. Unique game w/ great art.

PS: The amazing Pinball Palace just a few miles away.

#7699 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Not a huge fan of negativity.
    New pin comes out and everyone just fuckin jumps on it. If you don’t like it fuck off, don’t buy it.

It is fun being a critic though...either good or bad. It can be fun to shit on games sometimes for a variety of reasons...so why rob people of their joys in what may otherwise be a pathetic life?

I do confess I personally may like shitting on JJP games more than I should...

This is because back a long,long time ago I was an excited pre-orderer of the first load of WoZ limited editions. I waited two years with money paid in advance to be consistenly lied to about when to expect my game and then came to see many, many operators come in after those of us who pre-paid to help fund the company — and get their games. That was BS.

Then of course they came out with other limited editions of the same game later too, which is also stinks. So just not a fan of how they do business.

#7700 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

When I rail about the need for better pinball art, it's because I know this is possible.

Bring back Dirty Donny!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakandgeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=freakandgeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.