Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,544 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4682 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've never used one anywhere. Union till i die, i'd rather wait in line and create jobs.

I always have all my bills, proxies, bank statements.... mailed to me, even if I pay online. I manage the Print Room and that is what we do, Print and Mail, financial documents. Paper is good, cut those trees down, we can always plant more.

1 week later
    #4746 2 years ago

I spend more time working on things, than enjoying using them.

1 week later
    #4804 2 years ago

I confess, I haven't washed any car I've owned, since 2001.

1 week later
    #4988 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When I was thinking of buying land up north where I like to vacation at, and later build a retirement house on it. A friend that lived there warned me that you have to bury three generations before the locals will talk to you.
    LTG : )

When we moved to Stroudsburg 32 years ago, we were frowned upon by the "locals" because we were from NY.. Now most of the locals are gone and all there are, are people from NY and NJ living here. Even though we will never be locals, we act like them now, all those damn New Yorkers are ruining the place

2 weeks later
    #5175 2 years ago

Confess, one of the best concerts I've been too was Nazareth back in the early eighties. We had first row mezzanine, I could sit and relax and enjoy the show without having someone in front of me standing up all the time.

1 week later
    #5267 2 years ago

I confess, I've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

1 week later
    #5338 2 years ago

Confess, back in the day, I used to work in Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips.

#5340 2 years ago

I don't recall, it was a long time ago.....

2 months later
    #6127 2 years ago

I confess, I miss having the Aussies around. When our company was bought by an Australian company, a few of the head guys came over to the States to oversee things. They were fun to be around, they knew how to have a good time.

1 week later
    #6258 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For power and speed, VOLVO is the best excavators I have ever operated.
    Long ago I did love that Hitachi 270 that my dad owned.
    When I was young, I learned to operate on a John Deere 690. It was fun then, no way in hell would I ever touch one of those again, they sucked, but I did not know anything else back then.
    Confess 35 years ago my dad would pull up on a job, get out of his truck and toss a beer can, and when he was not looking, I would scoop the can up with an excavator and dump it in the bed of his truck just being a smartass.
    Confess I hate anything that Bobcat makes. I just played dumb all through the years if asked to do anything with one of those.
    And weird as it may be, I learned how to drive a stick shift, not in a car or truck, but operating an Arrow Hydraulic Hammer back when I was young.
    I used to love operating that hammer tearing up concrete. What 12-year-old does not like tearing up stuff, AND getting paid to do it!
    Confess I miss the good old days operating machines on jobs for my dad.
    Back then there were no hardhat bullshit, and dad would leave a cooler of beer for all of his employees on the job daily, and at lunch time he would have us cut down a hickory tree, and he would use that wood along with a bag of charcoal to cook steaks for everyone.
    OSHA would have a heart attack about all of that these days.
    Hell, back then we all loved going to work and we had a great time every day.
    Confess I retired from all of that long ago, but someone found me and begged me to play in the dirt some more.
    I help them maybe 70 days a year, as long as no hardhat crap. No beer cooler on the job, but that is fine, I stopped drinking and driving back when I was 23 years old anyway, that is when that could land a person in jail, and HELL NO! I have never been in jail, and I do not plan to start going there now.
    The only thing that really sucks is that when I do help them, I have to get up at 5am, a TV in up ofnd that is way too early and just sucks.
    But, from when I was 6 years old, until I was 30 years old, that was what I did, kind of liked it, kind of like them, so in mid 50's and years later I go back to that for a while, and the extra bucks does help with the skyrocketing property taxes on my rental houses.
    Most of my tenants are retired, and on fixed income, and I know food and everything else going up has to be hurting them, so no way in hell will I raise their rent. I will just work more myself to cover all these higher taxes.

Just coincidence. I am quick when I am here, but a lot of the time anymore I am not here.
    Confess some topics like this one I thumbs up every post, and some topics I only thumbs up really good ones, or new people that have not made many comments yet, just as a welcome to the site.
    And hell, after all the help LTG and others have gave me here, last night I was able to give some help back. A member was asking about can the big buck hunter arcade be set to free play, and I was able to help with that. (a been there done that thing with getting tired of feeding all the money that those things eat in a hurry, and no credit button like on a pinball machine).
    I hope all of you have a great weekend!

You're a good man.

2 weeks later
    #6621 2 years ago

I never cut a class in High School

1 month later
    #7279 1 year ago

I confess l was looking forward to not having to go to work for a couple of months after my hip replacement surgery I had on Tuesday.

#7283 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Hope that all went/goes well!

Thank you, so far so good, less pain than I was expecting.

#7329 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Mostly the game room thread. I didn't know the term dolls was offensive to males in North American culture. I was told i should have used the phrase 'action figures' instead.

I was part of that thread and there is no way the mods should have gotten involved. If you want to call action figures dolls, who really cares. It sounded to me that someone just wanted to pick a fight with you, that's what people do nowadays when they don't like or agree with what you say.

2 weeks later
    #7652 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha. I had a buddy in high school who drive a old 60s Cadillac who had the Aooga horn.

I had put one in my PT Cruiser, my regular horn couldn't get the deer to move but they would scatter when I hit the aooga.

#7689 1 year ago

Confess, I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Comet and enjoying every minute, I've missed Buffy.

2 weeks later
    #7940 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I confess I haven’t been proud to be an American most of my life. This is just the latest example. We keep going backwards while the rest of the world moves forwards

I confess, I am proud to be an American, this is the greatest country in the history of the world. When you talk about the rest of the world moving forward, are Russia and China included? How about North Korea and Saudi Arabia to name a few more.

#7970 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I have no plans of ever owning a cat.
    2 main reasons:
    1. My girlfriend hates cats, she had been in a relationship with a crazy cat dude that him and his cats made her once home unlivable many years ago.
    2. I have cat scratch disease. I am partly blind from it. Other than that not too many other issues now.
    To refresh about #2, about 9 years ago I was cutting grass for a client, and I knew that he had of just had surgery.
    While I was mowing his lawn, I notice him on a ladder in a hospital gown, and I said what the hell are you doing.
    He said my new kitten is on the roof, and I am trying to get it down.
    The dude could not even stand up straight, and was in obvious pain, so I said here, I will get the kitten for you.
    That kitten scratched the blood out of me, and I was not rough or anything to cause it.
    I did rush home and washed the scratch.
    Anyway, in a short time I was very sick, and I had not been sick in years, and then I thought I was going blind all of a sudden.
    My case was baffling the eye doctors, until they finally hooked me up with someone super smart.
    He asked all these weird questions that I said no to, until the question about have I been scratched by a cat, and that was a yes.
    Blood test confirmed that I have cat scratch disease, and they said I will always test positive for it and have it.
    The medicine they gave me helped to restore some of my eyesight, but the medicine started making me sick to the point that it almost killed me, and I had to stop taking it.
    Confess the next time I ever have to look at a eyechart to renew my drivers license, I am ready to argue.
    I have spots in my eyes that I can not see through to read a eyechart, but I can see most everything else just fine.
    I still have other issues that come and go also, but the main thing is my eyes, the problem stays the same with my eyes.
    Anyway, to help all of you avoid what I have dealt with and I still deal with, here is the deal with cats and kittens:
    (And this is what I remember from reading about my issue years ago):
    When a cat or kitten scratches a flea, something from that flea gets under their nail, and that is what causes cat scratch disease if they scratch you then.
    The kitten I helped to rescue off the roof was too young for flea prevention at the time it scratched me.
    Anyway, I confess I wonder if the same thing could happen with puppies and dogs, but none of them ever scratched the blood out of me, they only bit me while playing.

Confess, the first thing that popped in my head when reading this, was Ted Nugent

4 months later
    #9558 1 year ago

Australians must love their animals, my Companies job submission software is called Aardvark.

Aardvark2%20102115 (resized).pngAardvark2%20102115 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #9669 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

We have lots of words for the same thing, tosser, wanker, puller, flogger.......
    tosser
    English insult.
    Implies that the person masturbates excessively. Also see Wanker.
    wanker
    UK/Aus/NZ slang for:
    1. Someone excessively and annoyingly pretentious and/or false, with a strong likelihood of working in the creative industries, especially "new media". Very high populations of wankers are to be found in certain areas of London including Shoreditch and Hoxton; see also Shoreditch twat.
    2. Someone with a faintly sociopathic lack of regard for other people; see also arsehole.
    3. Someone useless, inefficient or time-wasting, especially in a place or work and/or position of responsibility.
    4. A general term of abuse.
    5. Someone who masturbates.
    1. He spent twenty minutes telling me about the studio's new pathways they're developing in innovative synergistic blue-sky-media treatment concepts. In a fake Cockney-geezer accent. What a fucking wanker.

I used to work for Greeks and their favorite word was malaka.

#9677 1 year ago

Confess, I sometimes think about how my life would have changed if my sister hadn't gotten involved in drugs at an early age and passed away at 22 in 1988. We had been very close until the drugs took over.

2 months later
    #10451 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess i almost lost my shit last night - went to dinner at a new place and while looking for the bathroom, turn the corner and there's a game room w 4 pins and a pool table. So after we eat, I get some singles and head down to play some pinball w the gf. Five minutes later, this woman brings her 2 screaming kids in there, puts some money in the pool table and leaves them. They start slamming the balls around, screaming, and 60 seconds later when the balls are gone just use the pool table as a jungle gym. Mom eventually returned but was too busy on her phone to tell them to get the hell off it.
    We cut our night short to escape the shrieking.
    [quoted image]

When I was young and my Mom took my brother and me out and we started acting up, all she had to say to us was, "wait till I get you home". We were angels after hearing that.

1 month later
    #10844 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

To follow up - it couldn't have gone much better. We had a couple beers upstairs, gave them a quick tour of the house, bullshitted a little, then went down to the game room and played for a couple hours. Ordered a couple pizzas, then sat around the table playing a drinking game and listening to 80s metal before going back down to the game room for another hour or 2. They got there around 1230, left around 6pm, went through about 2 cases of beer and a lotta laughs.
    Turns out a few of them are into golfing and do a guy's weekend with about 10 other guys in northern MI every summer, tons of food/booze - I'll be tagging along this year.

Confess, I never had time to make friends in High School. It was a very good school but in a bad neighborhood. When the bell rang for my last class, it was, race down the stairs run up the block and cram yourself into the first bus that came, no matter how crowded it was. Downtown Brooklyn wasn't a safe place for a kid from Queens during the 70s.

3 weeks later
    #11007 1 year ago

Confess, I plugged a mod for my Hobbit into the 120v connector instead of the 12v.

2 weeks later
    #11199 12 months ago

Confess, I don't own a smart phone, I have one from work but I barely use it.

4 weeks later
    #11518 11 months ago

I confess, l listen to Classical music.

#11542 10 months ago

A few years ago when I got my beautiful Indiana Jones, I noticed the wireforms were a little dirty, so what did I do? I found a can of noxon and proceeded to take the copper finish off of them. I noticed pretty early in the process what I had done and stopped all cleaning. Once I get my Data East SW back up and working, replated wireforms are next up on the list of things to do.

3 weeks later
    #11602 10 months ago

Confess, I don't use my thumbs when texting or for anything else on my phone.

#11604 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I had laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia this morning. Confess I’m really impressed with how much better hospitals are now than in ‘94, when I had my last surgery (for a parathyroid tumor). I told them my pain was at around a 5, and within a minute the pain was less than a 1. The scars are tiny, like I was carefully stabbed by Arya Stark. The post-op pain is less than the hernia I was suffering with for years (because my doctors were incompetent, and I didn’t advocate for myself enough).
    If you live in Metro Atlanta, I highly recommend Piedmont Hospital, A++. But I guess it ought be, for $29k (my copay was about $2800).
    Also, I love Vicodin. But I hope I’m done with it soon, it’s constipating as hell.

I had my hip replaced last year and a few hours after the surgery, l asked the Nurse, when is it going to start hurting? Pain management was excellent in the Hospital. When I was released, all I took was Tylenol, I refused to take the oxycodone they prescribed for the pain.

1 week later
    #11628 9 months ago

Winter is OK, it's just driving in the snow that sucks and when you have a 2 hour commute, it really sucks.

1 month later
    #11805 8 months ago

A couple people at my job were let go on Wed, one guy was here 30yrs.

2 months later
    #12207 5 months ago

I confess, I dropped my Firestick remote in my coffee, now Alexa doesn't listen to me anymore.

1 month later
    #12323 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

If you've been following my journey, you'll know that i am changing the way i interact with what is a new to me class of people. I get on fine with my countrymen, but i find the US citizens have a hard time understanding my bluntness.
    Highly requested doesn't make it a constructive thing, you could have the ignore without restricting the experience for those of us who choose not to use it.
    In any case, i know this is not the stage for it, so i'll leave it at that.
    Just wanted mod's to know how it affects people who pay to view and support the site.

Everyone seems to be offended by everything nowadays. Continue to be you, it's refreshing.

1 month later
    #12445 54 days ago

I confess back in 1977 when I lived in Queens NY, my friends and I would pile into my friend's old Dodge delivery van driving around Forest Hills looking for the Son of Sam killer. I don't know what we would have done if we spotted him.
    I also confess being in that same van with a BB handgun. My wannabe "bad boy" friend wanted to see it, then started shooting it out the window. We drove around for a few more minutes and my friend who was driving wanted pizza. While we were waiting in the van for him to come back, all of sudden, there flashlights shining in the window. New York City's finest were outside the van. I remember my friend taking out the BB gun, which he still had, pointing it at the cop and saying, "it's just a BB gun". Nowadays he may have been shoot for doing that. They took him away to the precinct, the police just called his parents, he was a minor like the rest of us. I did feel guilty because if I hadn't brought the gun, this wouldn't have happened. I was grateful I didn't take the gun back from him but I'm pretty sure he would have confessed that he was the one shooting it. I never did get my gun back.
    Good times in NYC during the late 70s.

#12448 52 days ago

I confess, back in the day when I was working for Arthur Treacher's, we would sometimes do shots of JD every 15mins. The "shot glasses" we used were those small condiment cups used for ketchup and tartar sauce. After about an hour and a half, I didn't go near the register.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.