Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#673 8 years ago

I prefer stop-and-go games and EM machines because I don't always want to have lightning reflexes.

1 month later
    #751 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

I have had temporary loan of a Star Trek Pro for just a couple of weeks, and yet I have barely played it cos I'm having way more fun bashing Mick On A Stick

Truly this is the most depraved of all confessions yet!

#756 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

I love Gottlieb System 80 pins

No shame! Sinbad and Joker Poker are aces!

1 year later
    #1120 6 years ago

I enjoy playing other people's games, even if they have tech issues, because when I play my games often I start scrutinizing them for tiny tech issues I will have to fix later.

2 weeks later
    #1132 6 years ago

I dislike tinkering on my machines by myself, but love doing it with a friend.

10 months later
    #1367 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I want to watch any and all Gottlieb titles burn. I’ve never enjoyed a single one of them

my monocle just popped!

6 months later
    #1447 5 years ago

I like pachinko machines even if they are mindless gambling devices.

1 week later
    #1450 5 years ago

HEY NOW, this is the confessional thread. The Shaming thread is every other thread on pinside.

#1454 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Now SURELY this confession shouldn't be left alone!

everyone immediately checked what games were in his collection...

3 months later
    #1508 4 years ago

I think the nostalgia for System 11 games prices them far beyond how fun they actually are.

1 week later
    #1513 4 years ago

I find it annoying when people list stuff on ebay for way over it's market value, it fails to sell, and they just keep relisting it at the same price.
    I find it kind of amusing when people list stuff on ebay for way over it's market value, it fails to sell, and they just keep relisting it at a HIGHER price.

2 weeks later
    #1552 4 years ago

My game room has turned more into a museum than a functional social space.

1 week later
    #1559 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you know what grinds my gears..People who mention new leg levelers as a selling feature when selling a pin

also new balls

4 weeks later
    #1592 4 years ago

If a pinball video/stream has any sound effects play when someone subscribes I immediately close the video.

2 months later
    #1660 4 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

You'll get used to it (As I down vote your post ...)

we are monstrous.

2 weeks later
    #1696 4 years ago

I spend way more time reading about pinball (taking breaks at work and such) than actually playing in my game room (having free time at home)

1 week later
    #1735 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I killed Laura Palmer

ok but who is Judy

3 weeks later
    #1815 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

“Judy” everybody knows Judy. She is called Judge Judy.
    [quoted image]

judy (resized).jpgjudy (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Why do people respond to classified adds with, "wish i was closer"?! I wish for lot's of things.. but don't list them on people's for sale add's!

It allows people to bump their friends' ads, also while expressing a sentiment for the item on sale in case there is one closer.

#1832 4 years ago

I want to go to an arcade where someone has collected all of the poorly regarded toss-off games and/or games from companies that went under.
    Cosmic Carnival
    Predator
    Mafia
    Stern
    The Punny Factory
    Thunderbirds
    Alien
    Jetsons
    Domino Pizza
    Woah Nellie

2 weeks later
    #1893 4 years ago

most nights I'm way too exhausted to have time to play games, but I still like looking into my gameroom and get a lot of pleasure just seeing it all, even if I don't have the time+energy

2 months later
    #1975 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I think GirlScout cookies are gross. All flavors.

I know that this is The Confessional thread and all, but damn, this is the hardest thing I've ever read in all 40 pages.

#1982 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

While the stock market and everything else is all over the place, the classified ads here are average.

I confess that I'm super curious as to what happened to prices on pinside classifieds in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

1 week later
    #2036 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s my confession: I’ve had this beauty in storage since the 2018 SFGE, so about 20 months. She’s joining her sisters on “evil women row”:[quoted image][quoted image]

STUNNING!!!!! love it

ok, confession: I am dismayed and exhausted by how much oxygen american politics sucks out of the globe. (hail Skroob)
    It's legit heartbreaking and demoralizing.

1 week later
    #2101 4 years ago

I built a 18 hole putt putt course in my backyard

please tell me you have photos to share

1 month later
    #2312 3 years ago

after I got booted from a thread for making fun of Qanon nutjobs destroying public health initiatives, there was admittedly a little bit of schadenfreude in watching the thread derail so spectacularly a day later.

#2313 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

I don’t play most of my pins but I’m not ready to sell them either. Ouch!

I confess I checked your collection out when I read your post.

#2323 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I really don't like music with vocals in pinball. I don't like the ugly mess of callouts + sfx + singer. I wish pinball music was just music.
    The TMNT2 stream with the 'theme' playing during gameplay (with lyrics) triggered this post, but it's not a new thing with me. I changed all the songs in my Metallica to instrumentals (thank god for pinball browser)

oooo relelvant to my interests. Can I ask what tracks you chose? I'd love to play Metallica but with like Sunn O))) or Earth tracks instead

1 month later
    #2372 3 years ago

French toast is better than waffles and pancakes.

1 month later
    #2437 3 years ago

I like the inherent drama of watching new machines show up on the Top 100 list and then get adjusted in the subsequent weeks

2 weeks later
    #2470 3 years ago

I confess I read every JohnnyPinball007 post

#2491 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Later one of the waitresses came in and was talking to my Mother. She told my Mother that she and her boyfriend were in there last night after the cafe closed and played pinball all night. You could keep putting in nickels to increase the payouts or something good, then shot your one ball. They kept buying nickels and playing, she put the cash in the cash register for the nickels. They had fun but never won.

My mother never told the waitress that before she left she pulled the win on both machines so you couldn't win.

I love the magic of one-ball gambling pins. But the story also doesn't quite add up... My friends have found many an operator hack on one-balls and bingo machines, but they wouldn't just "pull the win" functionality. Winning on a one-ball isn't that hard, it's not some rare event (purely random, it'd be greater than 1/7,) so they would notice right away if their easy wins paid nothing.

Often times on these machines operators would disable certain features or make things impossible. Like on this 1949 Champion https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3008&picno=76300&zoom=1 you have a special carry-over feature where if you get A-B-C-D lit (this carries over between games) you get a special purse. On my friend's, A-B-C were always lit, and D's switch was disconnected, meaning you'd always entice players with the close jackpot, but that didn't pay.

this ad for Victory Derby says it has a "Spell Name" feature https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2735&picno=5645&zoom=1 which is definitely the kind of thing operators liked to mess with, but in none of the pics do I see a "Big build-up reserve" that is advertised, which would usually be a separate visible counter. (it wasn't unheard of for ad copy to not match production specs)
    but here are the instruction cards for Champion which explains the Spell Name feature: https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3008&picno=74405&zoom=1

It's also easy enough to snip/modify the mixers inside which make the odds difficult/impossible to step up to the higher levels.
    But if the game just didn't pay out, it'd be as enticing as walking up to a machine with flippers and finding the flippers didn't work.

~~~~~~

One thing to note about machines like Victory Derby is that they preyed on the USA Government's War Bonds program, and earned lots of disdain for sometimes confusing people about where the money was going. See this ad: https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2735&picno=46191&zoom=1 "Back the attack... Buy U.S. War Bonds" WW2 had ended by that time, but still, that was after a couple year of coin-op manufacturers taking flak for co-opting war fundraising efforts.

anyways, if anyone else loves these, check out http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2020/02/niche-collections-craigs-one-ball-horse.html

#2492 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

The shots on TAF don't suck, but its definitely an overrated game, imo.

all of the 90s games I love are overrated imo.
    Comparing games like Addams Family and Theatre Of Magic to new games like Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park and Pirates Of The Caribbean feels comparing Flight 2000 and Seawitch to Addams Family and Theatre of Magic.
    Or comparing Card Whiz and Big Shot to Flight 2000 and Seawitch.

They're all amazingly fun games, but the generation gap is huge.

2 weeks later
    #2656 3 years ago

I confess I've been reading about how vibrant secular democracies fall to authoritarian theocratic rule.

#2667 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I confess, I don’t care.

weird flex but I hope that makes you feel better

#2673 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I've got a little clown vomit in my Paragon, and I like it.
    A Rainbow Sherbert Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

LMAO I have no idea what this means but it's hilarious

#2674 3 years ago

I confess I don't miss working in my office one bit and might spend the rest of my career working from home.

#2678 3 years ago

This summer they were replacing the sewer lines on our street, probably 15 feet down? Some drunk student decided to climb the pit fence for fun and got stuck down in the hole, and I think had to be rescued by firefighters.

I'm sorry for your ouchies, but I hoped you snapped a selfie from when climbed out victorious

#2694 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Real men don't take selfies!!

oh sorry, "a manly photography to document the aggressive and masculine adventures"!

#2707 3 years ago

this slaps

#2722 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I confess I’m liking games with a true skill plunge more these days. When I play Gottlieb Atlantis after playing 1934 World’s Series...the ball in the Atlantis feels like a beach ball!

spending time with flipperless pins really makes you appreciate the skill of the perfect plunge!

#2746 3 years ago

I confess I still look up how to spell words like schadenfreude and vacuum

#2763 3 years ago

Last night I had to look up Ouija.

blows me away that there is only a single I in that word

1 year later
    #7849 1 year ago

I confess that working on a machine with someone else is 10x more enjoyable for me than working on one solo.

#7860 1 year ago

^ I confess that I totally agree with that!
    I am not too good at working on a machine, but I can hold a flashlight and make sure that no one runs out of beer.

For me it's having that third hand to shift the playfield as you access a tight spot, to let you know what light it lit when you adjust switches in the backbox, and to just chat about the theory of operation to arrive at a solution to the problem. And of course camaraderie when you're shaking out the nastiest of gremlins!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.