Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#600 8 years ago

You want a confession. Well this is my day and I got the announcement. I will forever be known as

"The Guy Who Colored Popeye".

Deal with that

3 weeks later
    #629 8 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

I have NO IDEA what "Lionman" is

Search, there is a whole long running thread on it.

LIONMAN

2 months later
    #671 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wescobar:

I have A dozen alligator clips under the playfield of one of my games.

Barry W NJ - Is that you?

Can't be. Alligator clips cost much more than little pieces of electrical tape and speaker wire.

#689 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I lost track of my "started, but not posted" vs "actually posted" ratio. But it's steep.

With all of the "Duplicate" posts lately I think some people managed to post more than they started.

2 months later
    #775 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have "secret dislike" for:
    1) Stern late model pinball machine fanboys that rate games 10/10 although they have only played 2 games, and they both are the ones they own.
    2) LED modders who make their games look like the sun and get blinded when they play them even if the lights are on.
    3) Collectors who bury their playfields with action figures and zip ties after spending hundreds of dollars on things they could make from Toys-R-Us by themselves
    4) Technical advice from collectors who just bought their first machine, yet do not know how to test a fuse.
    5) "Collectors" who buy all NIB Stern machines only to dump them all after a few years to buy their next fancy car when they get bored, or realize they do not have a single bit of understanding on how to do maintenance and they are all broken and they sell them for a loss.
    Its hard to sustain the momentum of a hobby when conditions have changed.
    Call me opinionated, but I just blended into the Pinside mentality!

Wow do I agree. The only change I would make [as my peeve] is when they go to sell them they don't take loss. They try to sell for more because they considered it an investment. "hey, they don't make them anymore" (tools).

2 weeks later
    #801 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

59, if I include my online friends (1 eye closed) - you guys count just as much. For reals.

It OK. But you're getting buried with LEDs.

4 months later
    #850 7 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

Ding Ding Ding you win a prize. I put a touch screen next to the bed and pins everywhere except the bathroom. But you did the big one.

3 weeks later
    #872 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I'm currently on a 21-week streak in which I've won my 4-player group (one tie) in the New England Pinball League regular season. This streak goes back 3 seasons.
    A couple thoughts :
    1) This is the only place I feel comfortable bragging about it.
    2) I still don't think I'm as consistent as I'd like to be, but I'm getting there.

Come on down to The Sanctum or go to L&G for more competition

#875 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God...I thought it was just me. I always think "Curriculum Vitae."

I always think of a crunching noise from my car as a CV joint fails.

#889 7 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

I have gone for more than 2yrs without turning on any of my pins.

Been there. I had a life altering experience that made pins far from on my mind. They went dark for a couple of years.

The funny thing is how many freakin bulbs go dead on pins that are turned off. And it is not the sockets or connections. At least a few hundred [mostly #555] lamps were dead.

#898 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PM sent to your wife.

No wonder you have no friends

1 year later
    #1166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

A repeat but it’s been rearing it’s ugly head again...it drives me nuts to drain my last ball while there is still an extra ball lit on the table. I really beat myself up when I don’t hit that shot. I feel like the worst pinball player ever! How many Hail Mary’s will help me get over it?

I have mixed emotions about this depending on the game and the setting. On many games like White Water it is a sucker shot. When you take the shot and drain you feel stupid, even if you get it. Now that I play a lot of competition pinball where you can't play the EB I am happy I have been training myself "not" to go for those shots.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.