Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MtnFrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6822 2 years ago

I vow to never respond to the occasional political statement. But I usually fail.

1 week later
    #7023 1 year ago

I confess I really don't care about pinball cabinets being perfect. And that I love the pic of men holding funko pop characters. Total vindication for mine.

#7030 1 year ago

I would avoid Keurig and similar devices - I tried to repair one once, and they literally sealed the unit so you cannot take it apart to clean it. As people who repair pinball machines, you understand. The water deposits build up until it stops working. Plus, the little plastic cups are horrible for the environment (although I have seen a few bio-degradable choices).

As a coffee aficionado, buy the beans whole and store them in the fridge, grind what you need daily for the freshest cup.

Finally, as a kid getting ready for school every morning at sunrise, my father used to sit with a cup of coffee. I dreamed of the day I could share a cup as an adult with him. When I finally got the chance decades later, I found out he had been using instant - the foulest fake coffee stuff on the planet. Enjoyed the moment, but not the cup!

#7093 1 year ago

I've looked at the flyer, looked at the pics of the game, read the pinside splash page....I STILL have no frickin' clue what is the theme of Dialed In? Is it a mobile ad? Can you hear me now?

#7145 1 year ago

I was reviewing the entire Gottlieb catalog - I honestly feel they died in 1982 with the release of the fantastic Spirit. Alien Star in 1984, and nothing beyond that had good gameplay, good theme, and good art in one package.

#7152 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I used to try to make my collection eclectic - I tried to have lots of different manufacturers. It’s a great way to get exposure to lots of variety. But as I get older I’m focusing on just a few eras and manufacturers. I could be very happy with a collection that consisted of only:
    - Gottlieb EMs
    - ‘79-81 Bally
    - 2010 and later Stern
    It helps to have collector friends who have their own focus. I have a buddy who has most of the Spooky games, for example.

For me, it's always been Bally 80-82, Stern early 80s, and just now I'm considering 90s pins.

#7163 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

I'm like the reverse. Started off with 90s B/W pins. Glitz and glamour. Then got bitten by Spooky games and now early 80's solid states. Love playing older EMs now. Still haven't really met a modern Stern game I love other than Elivra and honorable mention to GB/LZ/Stranger Things/Walking Dead/Metallica. I wouldn't mind owning a few, but when so many of my local friends have them all, it's hard to justify.
    And yes, AFM > MM.

Who doesn't love Elvira? Any of them! Never could understand the appeal of EMs, guess I'm too much a child of the 70s, when technology skyrocketed to the masses. Some have fun art though. Agree with you on the modern stuff. I never understood the idea of a screen you have to look at which a) stops the gameplay action, and b) takes your eye off the ball. Literally.

#7165 1 year ago

May the Fourth be with You!

I believe if you love pinball but think saying this is too geeky, you are in the wrong hobby.

#7170 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I don't have a clue what you are talking about, so i better sell my machines.
    Some kind of star wars thing?

It's a fun saying people who like science fiction, comics, pinball machines - (pretty much most who ever lived in the arcade, if you think about it) - a little celebration of Star Wars.

#7183 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

I confess I sometimes wanna trade half my collection for older 80s SS. Two SS for every DMD. Would be amazing.

Judging by what I've been seeing, there are several 80s SS machines that are commanding more than some DMD machines. Fathom, Centaur, Star Gazer come to mind.

#7187 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lyft scooters appeared on the boulevard in front of SS Billiards.
    I wonder if they'll be used ? I wonder if they'll disappear ?
    LTG : )
    [quoted image]

These are awesome, in CA at the beaches you find the most, and by different companies. Use one! They pay private contractors to go around and pick them up, charge them, and then drop them back off. Beats cars on busy, narrow streets!

#7194 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinball2020:

With the high price of gas wonder how the trucks going around tracking their GPS locations and picking up or moving them is working out or impeding business.

With the high price of gas they make a lot of sense, and they are mostly a benefit to the community and to the businesses, but I have read some of what you are saying. And accidents for these tend to be as much as motorcycles, or more in some places - but trying to find parking on the West side and near the beach can take you a long time sitting in traffic and there is no such thing as free parking anywhere. Better to use bikes and these scooters - but wisely, right?

#7197 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Those just got approved here, and I really hope they don't become a problem.

Shouldn't, as long as they are regulated well. They are fun and easy if you use them as intended.

#7203 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’m watching a Norwegian series right now on HBO Max, “Welcome to UTMARK”. Good stuff.

Best Norwegian series is Ragnorok. Really good stuff. Cannot recommend enough - on Netflix.

#7210 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

No, its not. Check out Lilyhammer.

Already did, prefer Ragnorok.

#7212 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's great! Like the Soprano's in Norway.

Not my cup of tea - Sopranos, not a fan of the mob genres. Not to say that it's not appealing for others. Ragnarok is great if you like superheroes.

#7228 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007: Confess anymore it seems anytime I find a radio station that I like, the format changes overnight, and freaks me out. At 6am I am like what? Yesterday this was a good station and today it is in another language?

I can relate - in Los Angeles, there used to be AM radio stations that dealt with subject matter I enjoyed. They were bought and converted into lower-performing sports channels that did not make as much money. But now the entire city is without ANY radio stations covering the broadcasting they got rid of.

#7246 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

In my neck of the woods, right now filling all the fields up, there must be 20,000,000 geese hanging out eating before they fly further north

I find Canadian geese look way cooler than the average goose.

#7255 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Walk up to one and tell them how you feel! they are freaks and will come at ya like a spider-monkey!

We used to raise geese on our farm. Oh, I know.

#7265 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've never used any of those services either - and same for pizza, i want that thing as hot as possible, not cruising around town while the delivery kid drops off 3 other pizzas too.
    Only time I have pizza delivered is when it's below 20 degrees.....give or take.....

Not this Gen-Xer either. I am too damn cheap to pay for delivery from those services. My wife just used one a few days ago to deliver some food - the guy couldn't find the right address in the apt grounds, so just left it at some random person's doorstep. Didn't call or anything. She had to track down a number to reach him, he says "I'm not paid enough to go back and get it". She spent a half hour just to find the food. The thing is, the driver is partly right - most of those drivers make way less than minimum. But I'm not excusing his attitude or actions. All this just to get food? No thank you.

#7290 1 year ago

I confess I cannot stand beer and have never drank more than a sip my entire life.

#7313 1 year ago

I normally have a half a glass of wine, maybe once every two months. A little rum, around Xmas. That's all the alcohol I drink. I cannot imagine drinking so much as many of you.

#7325 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I met Ernest Borgnine a few years before his death. Great guy. His character there and I share the same name. He and his last wife loved to collect Lincoln paraphernalia.

#7337 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I confess that I'm relieved to finally hear from the cardiologist I was referred to 6 months ago but also a little scared of the results from a heart CT scan I have tomorrow.
    How crazy of timing is this? Talked with my buddy in Saskatoon about swapping games Friday. Got a call this morning out of the blue saying they have a cancelation and have a free spot Friday morning.

Hey, pulling for you. Take care of yourself.

#7341 1 year ago

Having several apt complexes around me, and all of them having their gardeners come on different days, I confess I want ALL gas powered leaf blowers banned. Gardeners should be using rakes. But if that's not possible then I want electric leaf blowers with a decibel limit on them. Not sure which is worse, the noise, the fumes, the debris atomized into the air, or the lack of doing a job right, with a rake.

And get these damn kids off my lawn....

#7373 1 year ago

I confess I never liked stuff like that, I always liked Marx Bros over 3 stooges

#7379 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I have never seen Marx Bros, but I did always like The Little Rascals over 3 Stooges.

Marx Bros were the thinkings man version, but from a different era. I like the clever slapstick like Chaplin. Truly classic stuff.

#7411 1 year ago

I confess I have lost the ability to rest or relax. Even on the weekends, I feel if I'm not doing something productive, I'm losing something.

#7422 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

A little bit of upfront cost but I’m going on my 5th summer with my Ego mower. Someone on YouTube did a cost analysis to charge the battery and somehow he figured it’s less than a dime to mow your lawn each time.
    I confess the first time I used it I felt embarrassed to be one of “those people” who uses electric power tools now it’s great! I still like the sound of a gas engine though. But decades of dealing with 2 cycle engines I don’t miss.

Plus less parts that can break down.

#7455 1 year ago

The first time I met Jane Seymour, we watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with her this little thing curled up in a blanket next to me. Fun times.

#7484 1 year ago

Punched through a plate glass door as a kid. Took a triangle of skin - all the layers, when I pulled back. Makes a nice scare

Quoted from punkin:

I try not to take it for granted and to be grateful for my opportunities. Can slip away so quick.
    My mum just had a stroke, so i know how fleeting fulfillment can be.

I hope she gets better. I know what it is to lose a parent. Like you, I am thankful for every day and say it each morning. Peace be with you.

#7502 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Drained thread...neighbour and I are cool now.
    (Called him out on trying to jack the price of a guitar he was selling to me from his store. by 100 bucks)

You have burst my bubble where I imagine every Canadian is the paragon of jolly, easy-going laid-backism.

#7529 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The labor shortage is so bad that I’m working at a massive state of the art energy terminal by myself, I have never been here and have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I just pray there is no disaster. I am getting double time to do nothing. It’s going to be a long day.

I have just the thing for that!

thumb_126856211_703315353630642_6751394529803368473_n-9632806945 (resized).jpgthumb_126856211_703315353630642_6751394529803368473_n-9632806945 (resized).jpg
    #7530 1 year ago

Swampfire, I would be pissed too. That's a lot of money to be left to dry out.

#7536 1 year ago

I confess I've had a good week. Work is wrapping up a huge project, the wife's business is taking off, I have started chatting with a few great pinball collectors, and I've been permanently ejected from not one, but TWO threads at pinside. So I know I'm doing something right. Heh!

#7541 1 year ago

Love a good flea market!!

#7553 1 year ago

I confess this morning I was verbally attacked by a new employee of a coffee shop I've been going to for 28 years. In an empty store, I sat my stuff down and was talking to my wife on the phone. I had planned on grabbing some food afterwards, but this belligerent worker I've never seen asked if I was waiting for someone, and then demanded I leave or he'd call the cops because I hadn't bought anything yet. My wife heard on the phone, and she was shocked as well. He wanted to pick a fight, and I won't be going back until he's fired. My wife has tried calling several times this morning to reach the owner, but this person won't even answer the phone, apparently. I have had casual chats with the owner in the past, you can bet we're going to chat during the week. Already posted on yelp. He's the employee sitting in the seat I left. He seemed very eager to gloat.

287813769_10227778821686159_1718091707379352333_n (resized).jpg287813769_10227778821686159_1718091707379352333_n (resized).jpg

#7568 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinball2020:

Just some thoughts before you go scorched earth:
    1. Point out besides in Yelp that you felt very threatened by the employee and as a long time patron you are concerned that the quality of service has dropped. Politely warn the owner that the new guy is dangerously close to getting assault (fear of being touched) charges-if where you live they have laws like that - laid against the coffee shop if he does this with other patrons (make sure that you couch it that it isn't a threat to the owner-----but YOU are feeling threatened).
    2. Just tell the owner that you don't feel safe and are not only not going back for fear of reprisals that you are warning all your friends. Wish him well with his business and let it go.
    There are plenty of other places to get coffee in every city and if he wants to keep all the chairs and tables empty for his grinning asshole self, let him - just let the owner know (and yeah, he may be limited in the caliber of people who want to work there these days - same thing all over the world these days).
    Also - was this new employee taking it upon himself to police the tables aggressively because homeless people or average people are just sitting there and not buying things or was this a directive from the owner?
    If it were from the owner - time to find a better, safer place to have coffee and a meal. If the place is transitioning to a gang run place or lower class of clientele - you are getting out of there at the right time and don't want to hang around there.

I had a nice chat face to face with the owner, politely reminding her who I am (we’ve had nice chats before), how long I’ve been coming there, and told her I love supporting them as a small business but I won’t go there anymore as long as they have employees like that. I was literally the ONLY person in the whole place when he charged up. My wife heard the exchange through the phone. She called the owner as well. But there are two great coffee shops one block over. Just time to visit them more often.

#7572 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I know that feeling. A theater had a later Top Gun showing than other theaters. I was all excited. Ran over there. A bunch of people out front. They were closed. Finally came out and said they canceled it yesterday.
    We pointed out the website didn't reflect that. They said to call Raymond tomorrow so it doesn't happen next time.
    I pointed out that with the price of gas. There won't be a next time.
    LTG : )

Yep. Hope you got a chance to see it. Fun film

#7582 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

So I’m curious, what was the owners response when you explained what happened?

Profuse apologies and she’ll talk to him. Reality, nothing except I posted a searing Yelp with picture and leave our 30 year watering hole for new hotness. My wife thought she should offer something, but this owner took over about 5 years ago, and it’s been going downhill since.

#7583 1 year ago

I have only been to a theater once since 1984, back around 2005, and both times were only because a girlfriend wanted to go.
    Confess I care less about theaters and new movies. I can wait until I find the DVD cheap years later.

I used to live for movies at a theatre. Now it’s so expensive I rarely go. This from a guy who spent 25 years working in film.

#7607 1 year ago
    Quoted from freakandgeek:

I confess that for the first time seriously considering leaving the USA for good. Any suggestions?
    I don't want to leave the USA for more tyranny, chaos or cultural marxism. So Europe not a consideration.
    Prefer warmer weather, beaches, easy visa access, and as a bonus maybe a place likely to be more Bitcoin friendly.
    Panama? Mexico? Uruguay? Any insights anyone?

I would suggest looking for any country that has a better quality of life. Things like single payer healthcare, no guns, and an investment in the support infrastructure you might find useful in your life. Ruling out Europe seems rather rash, given that most countries there and in places like Australia and New Zealand have a far better quality of life (and no Marxism). I'd really worry about crime in the places you mentioned. I too worry about the US, but for the threat of authoritarian fascism. America has no marxism threat. But if you really feel that way, I'd suggest Israel, Costa Rica, Italy, Somalia, Congo and Saudi Arabia. Given the bitcoin crash, I have no idea if that's a wise option.

#7608 1 year ago

I confess that for the first time seriously considering leaving the USA for good. Any suggestions?

Hope this helps.

ei2021_quality-of-life_top10 (resized).pngei2021_quality-of-life_top10 (resized).png
    #7610 1 year ago

Did you really recommend Somalia and The Congo? Jeez not even worth a response really...but will give you one anyhow.
    Australia and New Zealand are the opposite of what i want. These are already tyranny zones. Canada as well (also too damn cold for me anyhow).
    Don't mind guns. In fact places with easy gun ownership are typically much less inclined to have governmental tyranny. So guns = good.
    Overall crime not really a huge concern as I would not be moving to hood but likely the nicest part of town & within the nicest hood.

Yeah, then you want Somalia and the Congo. Given your requirements for warmth, guns, no real government "interference". Nicest part of town within the nicest hood, in any central American country? It can be done, but you also become a really good target. But that's just me, I tend to like law and order.

#7613 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I confess I watch the YouTube videos where people are walking around city streets of different countries filming what they see. Kind of gives you a taste of what other countries are like. Makes you feel like you are there if able to watch in 4K. Have watched Stockholm, Sweden and Tokyo, Japan so far.

I love these - especially the ones that just let you see and hear. I still want high quality live streams from places like coffee shops, public places with live sound. Harder to find with audio.

#7614 1 year ago

I've looked a bit at Uruguay, looks to be fantastic
    Victoria, British Columbia (without the heat) but would rank wayyyyy up in quality of life and a fantastic yearly weather.(rainy but temperate)

I had to look up Uruguay, had no real knowledge of the area. I was surprised to read about the country, it looks interesting.

#7617 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I have healthcare through my military service (e.g. I earned it through service) so I understandable am less excited about paying for someone else's..

I liked most of your post, but this stood out. So to be clear, you are glad that others are paying for your healthcare, but are against you paying anything for others to have healthcare.

I can't square that. Thank you for your service, by the way.

#7632 1 year ago

If that is the promise of military service why have a beef with him getting what was promised? If you want free VA healthcare (not exactly the Taj Mahal by the way) go ahead and put your own butt on the line, OK?
    It's that simple.

I have no beef with him getting quality healthcare. I firmly believe, having seen how it's handled in all the other first world wealthy countries, that it shouldn't require anything more than being a citizen. I know you disagree.

But let's both agree swampfire's lawn needs a whole lot more water!

#7643 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Alaska.
    Yes you are still in the USA but you are largely left alone by the above. Look at the Amish they hang out in the 48 but aren’t subjected to that and are left alone. Everyone loves the Amish!
    Too cold you say? Think about Anchorage they are actually warmer than you think the climate maps match a lot of what’s in the US.
    If there really was a perfect place I’d already be there waiting for you with a cold beer.

He wouldn't like Alaska. They have "marxism" in that the government gives each state resident free money. Yes, that's why "marxism" was in quotes. Plus, the state bird. Mosquito.

#7651 1 year ago

If money wasn't a concern for me...

Stormchasing the plains and reaching out to touch the world, one culture at a time.

#7668 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hide then Women and Children!

And the bacon! Especially the bacon. bacon, mmmmmmm

#7695 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Confess, I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Comet and enjoying every minute, I've missed Buffy.

I got this a few years ago. #1 of 250. The artist is J. Scott Campbell. He is a great guy.

IMG_4717 (resized).JPGIMG_4717 (resized).JPG
    #7697 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That's really cool!

When I rail about the need for better pinball art, it's because I know this is possible.

#7714 1 year ago

Happy Juneteenth! Speaking of gold rush, watch the miniseries Klondike. Brilliant!

#7717 1 year ago

Actually not watching Gold Rush anymore, getting away from all that now, about to cut the cord as soon as my contract is up with Dish, and not pay for any TV again, except for maybe ESPN to be able to see some NFL games.
    Confess I may even go without some NFL games also soon and not even have ESPN.
    I purchased a good antenna a while back, and I am amazed at how most of what I like can be watched for free.
    Confess I wish more people would stop paying for TV, like I plan to, and ESPN and other channels would just go to antenna and no more pay TV. They could still make plenty on commercials without all the other pay TV stuff.

I have years now having gone the other way. I only have streaming services, and no regular cable or local television channels. I get free streaming if I want news, but I rely on print like the NYTimes for indepth coverage of anything.

#7750 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I'm selling my business because the price was decent, and I couldn't stand the stress and customers being more and more demanding. I need to find a nice semi retirement job that I enjoy with less stress in my life.
    I'm almost across the finish line, then taking 6 months off. I want to get old and yell at kids to get off my lawn, or shake my fist at the clouds. Didn't want to wait, and end up retiring later in life, and not getting a chance to enjoy it.

I confess I don't ever see a time when I'm not having to work. Good for you though.

#7765 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

We all talked about how happy we were that we weren’t that guy.

A good thing to remember - there are those out there that have far worse issues to deal with. Puts all the little bs into proper perspective.

#7780 1 year ago

I confess it's been years since I've eaten at a fast food place - yuck.

#7802 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

Confess that COVID SUCKS ASSSSSSSS

And it can be worse. Look up Long Covid - my friend's teenage daughter has that, and she gets so tired she has to use a wheelchair and cannot go to school. For 5 months now.

#7847 1 year ago

I confess the thrill of having another pinball project to start working on is still a great way to lift my spirits. I confess that the urge to restore runs strong in my blood.

#7888 1 year ago

I confess the worst pin I restored was a Bally Eight Ball. Here's the head. I confess I did what nobody should ever do, because I was new at this and stupid. I plugged it in.

And it WORKED.

IMG_4848 (resized).jpgIMG_4848 (resized).jpg
    #7890 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I can smell it from here

When I finished it, it was a nice clean thing of beauty I gave to my father for his birthday. But there was a lot of work between that and then.

#7898 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

What movie was that where a kid was driving with a block of wood strapped to his shoe? Short round from IJ?

Yes, that was it.

#7932 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe get a cat instead? A lot less work.
    Maine coons (and maine coons mixes) are pretty smart, and can be good companions.

Love Maine coons - Bengals and Savannahs are cool too. Our best tempered was a Birman. But most all of our cats have been rescues. Never cared for dogs, but I love a good independent cat.

#7934 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I'm tired of mass shootings. A 4th of July family parade today?? What the hell is going on??...18 -20 old year old suspect. RIP victims of this another shooting tragedy.

I confess I haven’t been proud to be an American most of my life. This is just the latest example. We keep going backwards while the rest of the world moves forwards

#8007 1 year ago

Sweden, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Denmark.

To name a few first world countries.

#8014 1 year ago

I confess I am looking forward to CA Extreme! Already made a list of games I hope to play in person. Going to be fun!

1 week later
    #8179 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny, I'm also sorry to say, dementia is hereditary. It worries me that my grandmother had dementia and my grandfather had early onset Alzheimer's, both on mom's side.

We are having to deal with my mother-in-law having taken a turn with dementia. It's very hard.

#8184 1 year ago

I confess I wanted to get a project machine, I confess that I got two instead. I confess I am not upset by this.

#8202 1 year ago

Dude, I cut the cord a few years ago and still have livetv. you should PM me, lol

There are internet sites that can be found which broadcast the major sports from the US. You just need really good virus blockers.

#8207 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I confess I hate Jimmy Johns, not just because the owner shoots rhinos

Was not aware. Well, last time I eat there.

2 weeks later
    #8360 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just a off topic rant.

I hope they get it in time. My wife had something similiar, went into a couple of lymph nodes. They got it all, and that was years ago. She has a clean bill of health, I hope it turns out the same in your sister's case. Maybe she is afraid, and that's why she put it off. Fear can make you make crazy decisions.

#8370 1 year ago

I confess that I was really disappointed with the ongoing CA Extreme Expo.

I spent money flying up for the day, renting a car, etc.. All in all, I DID have some fun.

But I had looked at the list of games that were supposed to be there, made a list of about 20 I was really excited to try or spend more time learning. The must-play, really want to see in person. Yeah, you guessed it. NONE of them were there. I spent an hour running thinking there must be another floor or room with the rest (there was, but only for 10 competition pins). It's really disappointing after making the effort.

I wish they either got firmer commitments from those generous enough to bring their games, or had a way of updating the list before the show - they could have kept my registration fee and I could have cancelled the flight. It seemed odd ALL of the ones I wanted to see weren't there. I choose to fly back early.

I confess that I will be in the minority. I confess it's a first-world geek problem. It still sucked.

My list - things I just never see much in person:

Apollo 13, Black Pyramid, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Cactus Canyon Continued, Cleopatra, Cybernaut, Demolition Man, Earthshaker, Harlem Globetrotters, Junkyard, Jurassic Park Data East, Laser Cue, Lost in Space, The Shadow, Spirit, T2, World Cup Soccer (ok, it was only 17).

#8422 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We can do a whole new thread for movie franchises I've never seen and don't plan too.
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Star wars after the first three
    Austin Powers
    Just to name a few.
    Never saw Lion King. Not really into cartoon movies. Think the last cartoon movie I saw was The Incredibles or Happy Feet.

I would strongly suggest Rogue One. Otherwise, sure.

#8423 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I was on the phone with one of my out of state friends and we talked Star Wars for a bit. He's like....there's only 3 movies.
    I confess I saw Episode 3 for the first time on Sunday. Compared to 7,8,9 it wasn't so bad but that isn't saying much.

There are only four movies. Rogue One is perfect, and then the original three.

#8426 1 year ago

Confess I have never been into Sci-Fi stuff, but I do like Sci-Fi horror, like Event Horizon, Alien, Pitch Black, and I cannot remember anymore at the moment.!

I enjoyed all three Riddick movies. Also, you need to check out Dredd. You'll like it I think. And if you haven't, Predators. Great sequel to the original.

#8430 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny likes the slashers. The original TCM movies are the best. When they are living in that cave system, that was crazy shit (I think I'm remembering right). This Halloween season we are going to rewatch all of them (rewatch for me, but not the kids).
    Event Horizon, Pitch Black, and of course Alien/Aliens (top movies of all time) are awesome.

Don't forget, John Carpenter's The Thing. And The Fog

#8439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I really liked the 2011 version of the thing. It's actually a prequel since it's set before the events that occurred during the original version. John carpenter's original is awesome and I felt that the newer movie was done very well, worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

I have seen it - It’s fun - there isn’t a sci-fi film I haven’t seen, big film buff. It’s what I did for 28 years, so always love good films.

#8440 1 year ago

I LOVE that movie! I have it on DVD.
    I can probably get my girlfriend to watch it sometime also.
    For whatever reason I have been thinking about watching Humanoids from The Deep again, I have that DVD and have not seen it in probably 20 years.
    (Not playing that one for my girlfriend though).

Eleven-fifty five….five minutes to midnight….

#8441 1 year ago

Since we are on the subject, if you love film stop using dvd and get yourself a blu-ray player. There is a massive difference.

#8448 1 year ago

Yeah, I agree on the black/dark stuff.
    I have most of anything I want saved on TB's of storage. I keep anything good stored for later. I can stream literally anything else I want with "a service"

Being someone whose day job relies on an accurate picture, and as a moviefile, I notice any compression- it’s unacceptable. Plus I don’t want to be tied to a streaming service.

1 week later
    #8611 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Another confession. I still haven't forgave my dad for selling our commodore 64. I had 300+ games for it. Played it all the time. Come home from school one day in about 1990, go into the spare room to fire it up and it's gone. He said no one played it and got I think $100 for it. Same with Solar Fire. I was bugging him for a new mountain bike. Come home from school one day and says we're going to buy a bike. I'm like sweet! Get home and go downstairs and realize he sold our pinball

I had built up a huge collection of nerf guns that I had given my daughter over the years. Decided to sell them at a garage sale. My daughter and I had to go on an errand, came back and found the wife had sold ALL of them - for 5 dollars. For ALL. We couldn't believe it.

#8616 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ironically, what was once considered a more blue collar sport has grown into more of an upscale experience in a lot of cities.

Now that's the way to bowl!

#8630 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

He might be cool, but I can't stop seeing the swastika on the record center label.
    What's up with that?

It's also an early symbol for Christianity. Odd how symbols can be changed.

2 weeks later
    #8759 1 year ago

People don't live near where they work?

I live in CO, but I work in CA. So there's a lot of possible variations there.

#8772 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

A fucking funnelweb spider just decided to have a shower with me this morn.
    Looked down to wash my legs and the bastard was crawling across the white shower mat next to my foot.
    I drowned him with water running off my arm and flushed him down the floor waste, but i don't know what he was doing in there in the first place? Long way from outside.
    JustWhatYouNeedToStartYourDayDeadlySpidersPunkin

Sydney Funnel-web Spider? The deadliest spider in the world? f**k!

#8773 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Yikes. We have 2 venomous spiders that are possible but unlikely in Wisconsin. 2 venomous snakes, same deal. I've never seen any of these in my 51 years here.

In our backyard and old garage in CA we had black widows everywhere. The biggest one decided to camp out in the hollow tube holding up our grill. You learned to watch were you put your hands when outdoors. When I found them, they died mercifully quickly.

#8774 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

In our backyard and old garage in CA we had black widows everywhere. The biggest one decided to camp out in the hollow tube holding up our grill. You learned to watch were you put your hands when outdoors. When I found them, they died mercifully fast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MtnFrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=MtnFrost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.